Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

There is a proverb in India to the effect that one should not inquire too deeply into the origin of rishis (God-men) or rivers. This book, however, seeks to plumb the very depths of the great puzzle of the relation between the Buddha and Jesus. The First Section features a select, annotated bibliography highlighting almost two hundred years of scholarly work on the remarkable parallelism between the messages and lives of the Buddha and Jesus.

Michael Lockwood - Buddhism's Relation to Christianity:

http://www.amazon.com/Buddhisms-Relation-Chri...

"…Scholars, for over two hundred years, have been pointing out the influence of Buddhism on the origins of Christianity, but Christian theologians have, in the main, been indifferent to a serious study of this relationship. Such a study would require that they acquire a deep historical knowledge of Buddhism and a mastery of the languages of Pali, Sanskrit, Tibetan and Chinese among others.

"…Jesus and his disciples are allegorical, non-historical characters mixed together with historical characters (such as Pilate and some Temple priests)… Even the story of the 'Outcaste Woman at the Well' is a fictitious meta-narrative, though involving the, perhaps, historical persons of the Buddha and his 'beloved' disciple Ananda—if indeed they are historical!...

"…Jesus was an allegorical figure modeled on the founder of Buddhism and his fifth century BCE style of preaching: that of the homeless wandering monk….

"If the four canonical Gospels are studied from this perspective, evidence may emerge that the evangelists were, indeed, Indian—or persons trained in India or by Indians."

Dr. Michael Lockwood, Buddhism's Relation to Christianity

"Eventually, scholars will have to concede—in my opinion—that the 'Jesus' of the gospels is a purely fictitious figure, like Hercules."

Dr. Christian Lindtner, "Comparative Gospels Studies in Review"

“RIP Mark, you will be missed”

Since: Jan 13

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Michael Lockwood was a philosophy major, went to be an assistant instructor, turned around and went to work as a systems analyst for the stock exchange and now teaches on philosophical logic, medical ethics, and animal rights. I must have missed his credentials as a theologian or a historian. Why is it those people never write about Jesus not existing? Why wouldn't an atheist historian like Bart Ehrman who stopped believing in God a long time ago?

If there is such strong compelling evidence then why don't modern theology/history class and experts reflect this and why do these "revelations" stay in the fringes of academic society in the forms of internet movies and books that in some cases can only be published by the authors themselves?
Myth Buster wrote:
There is a proverb in India to the effect that one should not inquire too deeply into the origin of rishis (God-men) or rivers. This book, however, seeks to plumb the very depths of the great puzzle of the relation between the Buddha and Jesus. The First Section features a select, annotated bibliography highlighting almost two hundred years of scholarly work on the remarkable parallelism between the messages and lives of the Buddha and Jesus.
Michael Lockwood - Buddhism's Relation to Christianity:
http://www.amazon.com/Buddhisms-Relation-Chri...
"…Scholars, for over two hundred years, have been pointing out the influence of Buddhism on the origins of Christianity, but Christian theologians have, in the main, been indifferent to a serious study of this relationship. Such a study would require that they acquire a deep historical knowledge of Buddhism and a mastery of the languages of Pali, Sanskrit, Tibetan and Chinese among others.
"…Jesus and his disciples are allegorical, non-historical characters mixed together with historical characters (such as Pilate and some Temple priests)… Even the story of the 'Outcaste Woman at the Well' is a fictitious meta-narrative, though involving the, perhaps, historical persons of the Buddha and his 'beloved' disciple Ananda—if indeed they are historical!...
"…Jesus was an allegorical figure modeled on the founder of Buddhism and his fifth century BCE style of preaching: that of the homeless wandering monk….
"If the four canonical Gospels are studied from this perspective, evidence may emerge that the evangelists were, indeed, Indian—or persons trained in India or by Indians."
Dr. Michael Lockwood, Buddhism's Relation to Christianity
"Eventually, scholars will have to concede—in my opinion—that the 'Jesus' of the gospels is a purely fictitious figure, like Hercules."
Dr. Christian Lindtner, "Comparative Gospels Studies in Review"
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>LOL..... they do have personalities too, and their facial expressions can be hilarious :)
Puggy was 13 when she took her last breath, but the night she left me behind, as such, she had a feast of chicken (her favorite) and she went for a nice stroll around the verandah, and funnily enough, while I was writing this, I was re-living it and I could see the night and the stars.... it is nearly 11:30am Sat morning, Australia Day, and I still miss her, but with love in my heart and a smile on my face!!
Chicken is my favorite, too!! Well, so is Turkey.
Did you have her for the full thirteen years of her life? Yeah, I know what you mean; I still miss my last dog, too. It has been a number of years.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
No living creature has an immortal soul, you stark raving mad insane lunatic!
Welcome Back! Shawn Thompson has been waiting very impatiently for your return.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Shawn Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
So I take it you don't plan on calling the police on me?
Still in your psychotically delusional tirade. I asked you just WHERE is this post that you claim that I made threatining you. You continuosly fail to come up with the goods..
Your major malfuntion at the junction is that you are out of psycho pills....

Poor lil fella, I feel sorry for you. I really do.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Now back to our regularly scheduled programming....
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Five year old child suspended from school for TALKING about a ‘hello-kitty bubble gun’ at the bus stop and it goes onto the child’s school record that she is a terrorist. Another school does not accept her as a student because of . Mind frying Marijuana becoming increasingly legal all over the country as tobacco becomes increasingly illegal. People that have voted in massive taxes and ridiculous laws in states like California, New york ,Pennsylvania, etc flee, migrating to Texas , Florida and so forth. You, too, will be reminiscing about how great your states once were. You bible thumpers will feast upon your biblical ‘comfort food’ like never before. And, people like “shawn Thompson”, will eat themselves into oblivion and expect Obama care to take care of them as he waits for jesus to take over with Jesus care.
I went to the SS office yesterday for a replacement card and what I saw was two young women behind the counter that were so f’ng fat that they could barely move and breathing extremely heavy . I kid you not, they were damn near as wide as they were tall. Just glancing at them, I could see that they reeked of laziness and sides of BBQ’d pork ribs smothered in BBQ sauce. I was tempted to ask one of them if she was a Christian, but I refrained because at the same time I felt like ‘jumping over the moon’ and slapping the siht out of them. I really did. I have no doubt that they are collecting some ridiculous wage with a massively fat benefit package. What other “organization” would allow such monstrosities to be on their payroll and pay them massively fat wages.
One can have no ‘token’ more gleaming than an extremely fat black woman that can barely move. Well then again, maybe there is; two of them!!
No longer is it about proficiency and efficiency, but imagery and symbolism. One has to look no further than the current regime voted in to prove that fact. Oh yeah, the country has rebounded from wars depressions, etc. But when this country goes from the current regime to the Hillary Clinton regime, it is going to be damn hard to rebound from 16 years of wreckage.
Ten rounds now down to seven…Stalin’s ‘salami slicing‘…
What are the Police going to do when they get into a gun fight with a gang banger sporting forty round mags. When they lower the capacity to three or four rounds and then down to two , which they will, those 900,000 rounds of hollow point handgun ammo that the gvnmnt bought will not be of much use. Oh well when the Police get pinned down by the flying lead from the gangbangers forty-fifty round mags, they can scream “allah Akbar” or “jesus saves!” at them. Yes sirreeee.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Shawn Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
So I take it you don't plan on calling the police on me?
Last night I had a dream
I found myself in a desert
Called Cyberland

It was hot
My canteen had sprung a leak
And I was thirsty

Out of the abyss
Walked a cow, Elsie
I asked if she had
Anything to drink

She said, "I'm forbidden
To produce milk
In Cyberland, we only drink
Diet Coke"

She said, "Only thing to do
Is jump over the moon"
"They've closed everything
Real down"

"Like barns and troughs
And performance spaces
And replaced it all with lies
And rules and virtual life
But there is a way out"

Leap of fate, leap of fate

"Only thing to do
Is jump over the moon
I gotta get out of here
It's like I'm being tied to the hood"

"Of a yellow rental truck
Being packed in
With fertilizer and fuel oil"

"Pushed over a cliff by
A suicidal Mickey Mouse
I've got to, got to, got to find a way"

"To jump over the moon
Only thing to do
Is jump over the moon"

Then a little bulldog entered
His name we have learned
Was Benny

And although he once had principles
He abandoned them
To live as a lap dog
To a wealthy daughter
Of the Revolution
[ From: http://www.elyrics.net ]

"That's bull," he said
"Ever since the cat
Took up the fiddle
That cow's been jumpy"

"The dish and spoon
Were evicted from the table and eloped
She's had trouble with that milk
And the moon ever since
Maybe it's a female thing"

"'Cause who'd want to leave
Cyberland anyway?
Walls ain't so bad
The dish and the spoon for instance"

"They were down on their luck
Knocked on my doghouse door"
I said, "Not in my backyard, utensils
Go back to China"

"The only way out is up"
Elsie whispered to me
"A leap of faith"
"Still thirsty?"

Parched, "Have some milk"
I lowered myself beneath her
And held my mouth
To her swollen udder

And sucked the sweetest milk
I'd ever tasted
"Climb on board", she said

And as a harvest moon
Rose over Cyberland
We reared back

We sprang into a gallop
Leaping out of orbit
I awoke singing

Only thing to do
Only thing to do is jump
Only thing to do
Is jump over the moon

Only thing to do
Is jump over the moon
Over the moon, over the
Moo, moo, moo
Moo with me

Come on sir, moo with me
Moo, moo, moo, moo
Thank you
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

WTF?..
Dr Shrink wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks
my sweety just know used kiss toungue to kiss my print board printed respond to you
have nice evening my dear
Are you in need of pyscho pills along with Shawn Thompson,too?
Are you trying to say that you put your tongue in your dogs mouth, playing 'suck face'?
What is your native language, invader?
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Serah wrote:
<quoted text>LOL..... they do have personalities too, and their facial expressions can be hilarious :)
Puggy was 13 when she took her last breath, but the night she left me behind, as such, she had a feast of chicken (her favorite) and she went for a nice stroll around the verandah, and funnily enough, while I was writing this, I was re-living it and I could see the night and the stars.... it is nearly 11:30am Sat morning, Australia Day, and I still miss her, but with love in my heart and a smile on my face!!
Does Australia have millions of illegal invaders? Is it like the USSA in where they promote illegal invasions and then begin legalizing them all to suck off the teet of the gvnmnt. Much like the slavery and "comfort food' theory, it is. Give them some cheese and they do as you wish.
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Shawn Thompson wrote:
If there is such strong compelling evidence...
Historical facts are irrefutable whether or not a fat-assed redneck who labels centuries of unconscionable atrocities as "perceived wrongs" ever has the guts to acknowledge them, kid.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

ReligionMustDie wrote:
<quoted text>
Chicken is my favorite, too!! Well, so is Turkey.
Did you have her for the full thirteen years of her life? Yeah, I know what you mean; I still miss my last dog, too. It has been a number of years.
Yes, she was 8 weeks old when we got her, and then there was a period when I only had Puggy in my life (perhaps you recall those days?) so were were very close.... She was, literally, my life :)
I don't think the missing part will ever go away Remudie, as long as we keep our wonder filled memories alive, but the whacks of the brick don't heart the old heart as much! They now await su at The Rainbow Bridge and we will continue our journey(s) together!!

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Historical facts are irrefutable whether or not a fat-assed redneck who labels centuries of unconscionable atrocities as "perceived wrongs" ever has the guts to acknowledge them, kid.
So why are these so-called historical facts not reflected in any of todays texts which are used to educate historians studying antiquities? Why are is this Christ myth theory brushed off as fringe nonsense by every serrious historian and theologian today?

Or to paraphrase yourself: look the atheist bigot resorted to an ad hominem rather than answer the question.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

ReligionMustDie wrote:
<quoted text>
Does Australia have millions of illegal invaders? Is it like the USSA in where they promote illegal invasions and then begin legalizing them all to suck off the teet of the gvnmnt. Much like the slavery and "comfort food' theory, it is. Give them some cheese and they do as you wish.
Our intake is less, but we have to take in so many refugees according the the UN and our Government, but we have enough food and resources to help out many more than we do.

I would rather feed the starving than pay the pollies ridiculous wages and benefits, and so do plenty of others that I know, but we are the majority that has no impact!!
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

He is the Son of Almighty God who gave His life at the Holy Cross of Calvary for every sin that every sinner would ever commit.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
He is the Son of Almighty God who gave His life at the Holy Cross of Calvary for every sin that every sinner would ever commit.
Amen
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Shawn Thompson wrote:
every serrious historian
No serious historian or sane person considers the biblical Jesus to be an historical figure. I've also repeatedly explained to you that there's never been a need for the term atheist. You're an especially repulsive religiously retarded redneck because you're obsessed with rationalizing your self-degrading cultist lifestyle instead of seeking professional help for your mental illness, kid.
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Doctor INSANITY wrote:
He is the Son of Almighty God
The biblical Jesus is an amalgamated myth and nothing more. You'll always be the craziest stark raving mad insane redneck in the history of topix and should be confined to a mental institution for the rest of your absolutely worthless life, freak!

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
No serious historian or sane person considers the biblical Jesus to be an historical figure. I've also repeatedly explained to you that there's never been a need for the term atheist. You're an especially repulsive religiously retarded redneck because you're obsessed with rationalizing your self-degrading cultist lifestyle instead of seeking professional help for your mental illness, kid.
Of all the historians who study antiquities the only ones who subscribe to the JNE thesis are Kenneth Humphreys (who has a book to sell and that is pretty much all he does, he has no other involvement in the profession) and Richard Carrier who is only a partial subscriber. This hardly accounts for the majority of historians who study antiquities nor the theologians of today all of which to varying degrees accept the existence of Jesus. They may dispute his divinity and maybe even his deeds or words but one thing that no historian questions is his existence (outside of the two I named).

I challenge you to name more historians than them to account for the majority or name one campus in the world where this fringe theory is taught as the only truth and I guarantee you will not.

As far as never a need for the term atheist, is that why you used it in your old username? Either way the word atheist is recognized in every English dictionary and institute of higher learning. If you have a problem with it take it up with them, write your congressperson, whatever I don't care.
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2013

Shawn Thompson wrote:
I challenge you...
A person lacking the capacity to differentiate fantasy from reality is insane. Anyone who thinks our planet was ever inhabited by the son of an imaginary father figure in the sky is insane. I challenge you to seek professional help for your mental illness immediately, kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

420 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 min Hidingfromyou 93,768
Last Word + 2 5 min Richies Cool Man Diary 195
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 8 min AussieBobby 256,638
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min It aint necessarily so 721,065
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 9 min shyam 4,818
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 14 min bad bob 172,474
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 21 min atemcowboy 532,916
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 hr guido atheist infidel 115,275
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 8 hr kalei 79
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 13 hr Drom Jagter 54
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••