“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#76349 Jan 10, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Now that just shows a complete lack of education, don't you even watch or read the news? If there was even a smidgen of truth to what you're saying, your Government would not have removed God from schools and would not be lobbying to teach Evolution in primary schools. Parrot.
It's a mighty puny God that can be so easily "removed" to hither and yon.

>My government< did not "remove God" from anything - our Constitution only requires that no particular religion be endorsed over any other. No child is proscribed from doing anything his faith moves him/her to do, so long as they do so privately and ask no special dispensation. You are confusing the failure of the family and church with the right to freedom of conscience.

We also don't "lobby" to teach evolution - we do and will teach Science. It is the religionists who are doing the "lobbying" to teach fancy and fable as Science to one and all, regardless of belief.

“The future begins”

every moment

#76350 Jan 10, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never lump the all (insert group real or perceived here) together anyway as I'm not prejudiced.
That is wonderful, truly, if it's so. I'll take you at your word.

However, you cannot assign your tolerance to all of Christianity, either, now can you? History is what it is, friend. Would that it were otherwise, in this case.

“RIP Mark, you will be missed”

Since: Jan 13

Clarksburg, WV

#76351 Jan 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>That is wonderful, truly, if it's so. I'll take you at your word.
However, you cannot assign your tolerance to all of Christianity, either, now can you? History is what it is, friend. Would that it were otherwise, in this case.
You are right, there are Christians who are very intolerant unfortunately. They remind me of the pharisees of old in that they see the sin in others and completely forget the core lessons of love and compassion that they let themselves be consumed by hate. Did you know that according to the Bible to hate your brother (fellow human) is the same as murdering him in God's eyes?

“The future begins”

every moment

#76352 Jan 10, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, there are Christians who are very intolerant unfortunately. They remind me of the pharisees of old in that they see the sin in others and completely forget the core lessons of love and compassion that they let themselves be consumed by hate. Did you know that according to the Bible to hate your brother (fellow human) is the same as murdering him in God's eyes?
Yes, of course. At the same time, the argument could be made that your "brother" is a fellow in faith, be it Judaism or Christianity. Gentile was a pejorative term, in most cases as used, and could be treated as the situation required.

You have chosen the message of love out of the middle, almost literally. That is good. Unfortunately there is a lot that comes before and after. It is not Christians that are at issue - depraved people are depraved no matter the rationale or motive. But it is the institutions of Judaism/Christianity/Islam most especially that provides so many with their rationale.

On a personal level, faith can be an uplifting thing. It's when it's externalized that all hell breaks loose.

Clarksburg, WV

#76353 Jan 10, 2013
When you examine history you can see that any cause can be taken to extremes often with violent results. Stalin cleansed soviet Russia of the majority religion for atheist world view, many of the oldest street gangs formed for fellowship and protection, my fellow Christians who concern themselves with the perils of sin can become hateful bigots in some circles. The list goes on...
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, of course. At the same time, the argument could be made that your "brother" is a fellow in faith, be it Judaism or Christianity. Gentile was a pejorative term, in most cases as used, and could be treated as the situation required.
You have chosen the message of love out of the middle, almost literally. That is good. Unfortunately there is a lot that comes before and after. It is not Christians that are at issue - depraved people are depraved no matter the rationale or motive. But it is the institutions of Judaism/Christianity/Islam most especially that provides so many with their rationale.
On a personal level, faith can be an uplifting thing. It's when it's externalized that all hell breaks loose.

“The who whating how...”

Since: Dec 12

"...with huh?"

#76354 Jan 10, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>You wouldn't happen to be a college professor would you?
No.
:)

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#76355 Jan 10, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Why bother wasting space with such utter stupidity? There are no god genes and brainwashing isn't natural.
Translation = I have no clue.

“The who whating how...”

"...with huh?"

#76356 Jan 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>It's a mighty puny God that can be so easily "removed" to hither and yon.

>My government< did not "remove God" from anything - our Constitution only requires that no particular religion be endorsed over any other. No child is proscribed from doing anything his faith moves him/her to do, so long as they do so privately and ask no special dispensation. You are confusing the failure of the family and church with the right to freedom of conscience.

We also don't "lobby" to teach evolution - we do and will teach Science. It is the religionists who are doing the "lobbying" to teach fancy and fable as Science to one and all, regardless of belief.
o_O
Mart

Miami, FL

#76357 Jan 10, 2013
Alex Carr wrote:
I pretty much agree with Liza.
Just an ordinary person.
You must be INCREDIBLY STUPID to consider the man who CHANGED THE WORLD "AN ORDINARY PERSON".

WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU? A COCKROACH???

http://www.christconnection.net/id1.html

Clarksburg, WV

#76358 Jan 10, 2013
Mart wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be INCREDIBLY STUPID to consider the man who CHANGED THE WORLD "AN ORDINARY PERSON".
WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU? A COCKROACH???
http://www.christconnection.net/id1.html
Not stupid at all, there are various scholars today who still debate the divinity of Jesus.

Location hidden

#76359 Jan 10, 2013
god bahut accha hai vo sabke satt hai
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#76360 Jan 11, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
I would never lump the all (insert group real or perceived here) together anyway as I'm not prejudiced.
Irrelevant. Christianity is a death-denying hate cult. The terrestrial authors of the damn bible were intolerant azzholes and their mythical deity remains one of the greatest monsters in all of fiction.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#76361 Jan 11, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
I met a godbot recently who acknowledged that she's never been introduced to evolution and I believe she attended public school.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#76362 Jan 11, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
Stalin cleansed soviet Russia of the majority religion for atheist world view
Wrong! Once again, you demonstrate that you lack the capacity to grasp irrefutable facts in contradiction to your programming. There's never been a need for the term atheist and there's no such thing as an atheist world view.

Clarksburg, WV

#76363 Jan 11, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. Christianity is a death-denying hate cult. The terrestrial authors of the damn bible were intolerant azzholes and their mythical deity remains one of the greatest monsters in all of fiction.
Do you know every group of Christians in the world or are you basing this off of your prejudices and bigotry?
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#76364 Jan 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Translation = I have no clue.
In actual fact, you're one of the most clueless godbots to ever post in this forum. If you've read the Christian Delusion and are still so blissfully ignorant of the greatest hoax of all time then you're only hope at being successfully de-converted would be a very long stay in a mental institution where a retarded and revolting bitch like you rightfully belongs.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#76365 Jan 11, 2013
Mart wrote:
You are INCREDIBLY STUPID to believe an amalgamated myth from a plagiarized work of fiction was an actual person.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#76366 Jan 11, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
Not stupid at all, there are various scholars today who still debate the divinity of Jesus.
Once again, there's never been a single scientific observation in the history of the human race in support of either the universe or life on earth having been designed.

No sane person considers any of the thousands of documented mythical deities and saviors to be divine. You're making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum and should be seeking professional help for your mental illness, kid.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#76367 Jan 11, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
Do you know every group of Christians in the world
Apparently, you're unfamiliar with the damn bible and the violent history of your own cult. A person that opposes religious brainwashing is humane not prejudiced, kid.

Clarksburg, WV

#76368 Jan 11, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you're unfamiliar with the damn bible and the violent history of your own cult. A person that opposes religious brainwashing is humane not prejudiced, kid.
So you are using perceived wrongs by others several thousand years ago to pass judgement on those living today as if they were the same people. That is prejudiced at it's core.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min Peace_Warrior 604,988
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 27 min kent 559,394
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 30 min Just Think 775,025
Gay snapchat names 35 min Joey 147
Moses never existed 35 min Khatru 748
Minecraft Gift Code Generator No Survey 1 hr Minecraft Gift 2
Couch Potato Alert 1 hr yon 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 265,098
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Barnsweb 441,764
More from around the web