What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God)

“The future begins”

Since: Jul 07

every moment

#76352 Jan 10, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, there are Christians who are very intolerant unfortunately. They remind me of the pharisees of old in that they see the sin in others and completely forget the core lessons of love and compassion that they let themselves be consumed by hate. Did you know that according to the Bible to hate your brother (fellow human) is the same as murdering him in God's eyes?
Yes, of course. At the same time, the argument could be made that your "brother" is a fellow in faith, be it Judaism or Christianity. Gentile was a pejorative term, in most cases as used, and could be treated as the situation required.

You have chosen the message of love out of the middle, almost literally. That is good. Unfortunately there is a lot that comes before and after. It is not Christians that are at issue - depraved people are depraved no matter the rationale or motive. But it is the institutions of Judaism/Christianity/Islam most especially that provides so many with their rationale.

On a personal level, faith can be an uplifting thing. It's when it's externalized that all hell breaks loose.

“RIP Mark, you will be missed”

Since: Jan 13

Clarksburg, WV

#76353 Jan 10, 2013
When you examine history you can see that any cause can be taken to extremes often with violent results. Stalin cleansed soviet Russia of the majority religion for atheist world view, many of the oldest street gangs formed for fellowship and protection, my fellow Christians who concern themselves with the perils of sin can become hateful bigots in some circles. The list goes on...
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, of course. At the same time, the argument could be made that your "brother" is a fellow in faith, be it Judaism or Christianity. Gentile was a pejorative term, in most cases as used, and could be treated as the situation required.
You have chosen the message of love out of the middle, almost literally. That is good. Unfortunately there is a lot that comes before and after. It is not Christians that are at issue - depraved people are depraved no matter the rationale or motive. But it is the institutions of Judaism/Christianity/Islam most especially that provides so many with their rationale.
On a personal level, faith can be an uplifting thing. It's when it's externalized that all hell breaks loose.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#76354 Jan 10, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
<quoted text>You wouldn't happen to be a college professor would you?
No.
:)

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#76355 Jan 10, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>Why bother wasting space with such utter stupidity? There are no god genes and brainwashing isn't natural.
Translation = I have no clue.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#76356 Jan 10, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
<quoted text>It's a mighty puny God that can be so easily "removed" to hither and yon.

>My government< did not "remove God" from anything - our Constitution only requires that no particular religion be endorsed over any other. No child is proscribed from doing anything his faith moves him/her to do, so long as they do so privately and ask no special dispensation. You are confusing the failure of the family and church with the right to freedom of conscience.

We also don't "lobby" to teach evolution - we do and will teach Science. It is the religionists who are doing the "lobbying" to teach fancy and fable as Science to one and all, regardless of belief.
o_O
Mart

Miami, FL

#76357 Jan 10, 2013
Alex Carr wrote:
I pretty much agree with Liza.
Just an ordinary person.
You must be INCREDIBLY STUPID to consider the man who CHANGED THE WORLD "AN ORDINARY PERSON".

WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU? A COCKROACH???

http://www.christconnection.net/id1.html

“RIP Mark, you will be missed”

Since: Jan 13

Clarksburg, WV

#76358 Jan 10, 2013
Mart wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be INCREDIBLY STUPID to consider the man who CHANGED THE WORLD "AN ORDINARY PERSON".
WHAT DOES THAT MAKE YOU? A COCKROACH???
http://www.christconnection.net/id1.html
Not stupid at all, there are various scholars today who still debate the divinity of Jesus.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#76359 Jan 10, 2013
god bahut accha hai vo sabke satt hai
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#76360 Jan 11, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
I would never lump the all (insert group real or perceived here) together anyway as I'm not prejudiced.
Irrelevant. Christianity is a death-denying hate cult. The terrestrial authors of the damn bible were intolerant azzholes and their mythical deity remains one of the greatest monsters in all of fiction.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#76361 Jan 11, 2013
HipGnosis wrote:
We also don't "lobby" to teach evolution - we do and will teach Science. It is the religionists who are doing the "lobbying" to teach fancy and fable as Science to one and all, regardless of belief.
I met a godbot recently who acknowledged that she's never been introduced to evolution and I believe she attended public school.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#76362 Jan 11, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
Stalin cleansed soviet Russia of the majority religion for atheist world view
Wrong! Once again, you demonstrate that you lack the capacity to grasp irrefutable facts in contradiction to your programming. There's never been a need for the term atheist and there's no such thing as an atheist world view.

“RIP Mark, you will be missed”

Since: Jan 13

Clarksburg, WV

#76363 Jan 11, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Irrelevant. Christianity is a death-denying hate cult. The terrestrial authors of the damn bible were intolerant azzholes and their mythical deity remains one of the greatest monsters in all of fiction.
Do you know every group of Christians in the world or are you basing this off of your prejudices and bigotry?
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#76364 Jan 11, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
Translation = I have no clue.
In actual fact, you're one of the most clueless godbots to ever post in this forum. If you've read the Christian Delusion and are still so blissfully ignorant of the greatest hoax of all time then you're only hope at being successfully de-converted would be a very long stay in a mental institution where a retarded and revolting bitch like you rightfully belongs.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#76365 Jan 11, 2013
Mart wrote:
You must be INCREDIBLY STUPID to consider the man who CHANGED THE WORLD "AN ORDINARY PERSON".
You are INCREDIBLY STUPID to believe an amalgamated myth from a plagiarized work of fiction was an actual person.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#76366 Jan 11, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
Not stupid at all, there are various scholars today who still debate the divinity of Jesus.
Once again, there's never been a single scientific observation in the history of the human race in support of either the universe or life on earth having been designed.

No sane person considers any of the thousands of documented mythical deities and saviors to be divine. You're making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum and should be seeking professional help for your mental illness, kid.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#76367 Jan 11, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
Do you know every group of Christians in the world
Apparently, you're unfamiliar with the damn bible and the violent history of your own cult. A person that opposes religious brainwashing is humane not prejudiced, kid.

“RIP Mark, you will be missed”

Since: Jan 13

Clarksburg, WV

#76368 Jan 11, 2013
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, you're unfamiliar with the damn bible and the violent history of your own cult. A person that opposes religious brainwashing is humane not prejudiced, kid.
So you are using perceived wrongs by others several thousand years ago to pass judgement on those living today as if they were the same people. That is prejudiced at it's core.
Myth Buster

Prescott, AZ

#76369 Jan 11, 2013
Shawn Thompson wrote:
So you are using perceived wrongs...
PERCEIVED WRONGS??????????

You're so blinded to your own hypocrisy that you refuse to even acknowledge the atrocities committed by your cult and the vile hatred continuing to be spread on a daily basis by self-righteous bigoted Christian azzholes like you.

I was more "utterly repulsed" by your offensive post above than any of your plethora of ignorant posts. Unlike you're favorite author, you have absolutely no potential to ever become an enlightened former Christian with the intelligence, common sense and courage to understand that organized religion is the cruelest and most dangerous hoax ever perpetuated against the human race.

You should be totally ashamed of yourself, kid! If I could reach through the screen then I'd slap you right across your fat face. Religiously retarded imbecilic sociopahtic evolution and death denying cowardly fundieseased Christian redneck godbots like you truly are a national embarrassment, an outright disgrace to the human race and a complete waste of a sperm cell without any socially redeemable qualities.

Listed are only events that solely occurred on command of church authorities or were committed in the name of Christianity.(List incomplete):

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm#.UPBG...

"Since I had been raised a Christian, and had rejected Christianity as being no more true or important than the rest of the world's religions and mythologies, I can't say that the faith ever had any profound meaning to me. I remember being utterly repulsed by Christianity in college and post-graduate school, when I spent a great deal of time in Greek Orthodox Churches, where just about every neurosis and psychosis is manifested. By psychosis I refer to the monasteries, where everyone is seriously repressed and there are images of horrible tortures painted on the walls."

“RIP Mark, you will be missed”

Since: Jan 13

Clarksburg, WV

#76370 Jan 11, 2013
If you want to slap me just let me know when and I'll give you as many free slaps in as you want but in turn you have to attend church with me once, just let me know and I'll give you my address.
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
PERCEIVED WRONGS??????????
You're so blinded to your own hypocrisy that you refuse to even acknowledge the atrocities committed by your cult and the vile hatred continuing to be spread on a daily basis by self-righteous bigoted Christian azzholes like you.
I was more "utterly repulsed" by your offensive post above than any of your plethora of ignorant posts. Unlike you're favorite author, you have absolutely no potential to ever become an enlightened former Christian with the intelligence, common sense and courage to understand that organized religion is the cruelest and most dangerous hoax ever perpetuated against the human race.
You should be totally ashamed of yourself, kid! If I could reach through the screen then I'd slap you right across your fat face. Religiously retarded imbecilic sociopahtic evolution and death denying cowardly fundieseased Christian redneck godbots like you truly are a national embarrassment, an outright disgrace to the human race and a complete waste of a sperm cell without any socially redeemable qualities.
Listed are only events that solely occurred on command of church authorities or were committed in the name of Christianity.(List incomplete):
http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm#.UPBG...
"Since I had been raised a Christian, and had rejected Christianity as being no more true or important than the rest of the world's religions and mythologies, I can't say that the faith ever had any profound meaning to me. I remember being utterly repulsed by Christianity in college and post-graduate school, when I spent a great deal of time in Greek Orthodox Churches, where just about every neurosis and psychosis is manifested. By psychosis I refer to the monasteries, where everyone is seriously repressed and there are images of horrible tortures painted on the walls."

“RIP Mark, you will be missed”

Since: Jan 13

Moneta, VA

#76371 Jan 11, 2013
Yes, perceived wrongs, if there is no God then there are no moral absolutes so everything is permissible depending on the society.
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
PERCEIVED WRONGS??????????
You're so blinded to your own hypocrisy that you refuse to even acknowledge the atrocities committed by your cult and the vile hatred continuing to be spread on a daily basis by self-righteous bigoted Christian azzholes like you.
I was more "utterly repulsed" by your offensive post above than any of your plethora of ignorant posts. Unlike you're favorite author, you have absolutely no potential to ever become an enlightened former Christian with the intelligence, common sense and courage to understand that organized religion is the cruelest and most dangerous hoax ever perpetuated against the human race.
You should be totally ashamed of yourself, kid! If I could reach through the screen then I'd slap you right across your fat face. Religiously retarded imbecilic sociopahtic evolution and death denying cowardly fundieseased Christian redneck godbots like you truly are a national embarrassment, an outright disgrace to the human race and a complete waste of a sperm cell without any socially redeemable qualities.
Listed are only events that solely occurred on command of church authorities or were committed in the name of Christianity.(List incomplete):
http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm#.UPBG...
"Since I had been raised a Christian, and had rejected Christianity as being no more true or important than the rest of the world's religions and mythologies, I can't say that the faith ever had any profound meaning to me. I remember being utterly repulsed by Christianity in college and post-graduate school, when I spent a great deal of time in Greek Orthodox Churches, where just about every neurosis and psychosis is manifested. By psychosis I refer to the monasteries, where everyone is seriously repressed and there are images of horrible tortures painted on the walls."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What is the most forbidden sex you have had ? (Nov '16) 26 min StefH 10
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 42 min Maria 26,450
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr PadMark 685,771
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 3 hr Johnny 12
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Test 985,711
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 3 hr Johnny 31
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 3 hr Jake999 6,449
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 3 hr Johnny 70
More from around the web