Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75988 Dec 14, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
gutless wonder
The blind hypocrisy of religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic godbots like this delusional nutcase never ceases to amaze. Rational adults bravely accept their own mortality. It's death-denying cowards like you that are unable to function without their self-degrading delusions of an imaginary father and afterlife paradise. Do you really take great personal pride in being a world class ignoramus and one of the most repugnant piles of shits to ever post in this forum, punk?
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75989 Dec 14, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
So, in other words, if I don't agree with your view, and if I wish to avoid ridicule, then I shouldn't post what I believe?
It's truly astounding how completely brainwashed godbots like you are incapable of grasping any fact in contradiction to their programming.

Religions are dogma-based indoctrination not faith-based belief systems. An opposition to organized religious brainwashing isn't a worldview.

A godbot doesn't have beliefs to share. A godbot proselytizes and religious proselytizing should never be tolerated anywhere.

It's inevitable that there will be an international ban on religious brainwashing and proselytizing will become a criminal act, kid.

“Primum non nocere”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75990 Dec 14, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in other words, if I don't agree with your view, and if I wish to avoid ridicule, then I shouldn't post what I believe? Your ridicule doesn't bother me in the least. I want to know what it does for you personally. Do you get off on it? Do you sit there with your hands all over yourself while you degrade others? Is that the only way you can get off?
So the answer is no. No you haven't answered my question, and you know you haven't. That makes you either a very poor reader, or a blatant liar. I would prefer to think neither, but I'm also aware that what I think of you really doesn't matter to you. That's fine. But the question still stands, and will stand until you answer honestly.
What do you gain from degrading theists? How does it benefit you?
Basically he's a fundie atheist. If you take a fire and brimstone evangelical Christian (I use the term loosely) who uses hell or other hate speech (ie. Westboro Baptist) as their sermon and turn them atheist that's pretty much what you are looking at: hateful evangelical fundie atheism.

1A. A person who is obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices: Yes MB does pass judgment much on people without actually knowing much about them.

1B. especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (such as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance. In this case theistic, yes also very much true.

1A and 1B is the Merriam-Webster definition of bigot, so you have that and one of the chief complaints of many atheists is they hate having other peoples religions being shoved down their throats, which is what MB is doing, shoving his world view down other peoples throats which is funny as the French origin of bigot is hypocrite.

http://www.tektoonics.com/test/parody/fundyat...
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75991 Dec 14, 2012
RN Student wrote:
shoving his world view down other peoples throats
I've repeatedly educated you to the definitions of theist and anti-theist. Anti-theism is the only humane position to hold in regards to the abomination known as organized religion whether or not a religiously retarded redneck like you ever develops intellectually to comprehend.

The undeniable truth is you're a death-denying coward who'd rather make a complete ass of yourself on an international forum by rationalizing your self-degrading cultist lifestyle than accept that religious addiction is a mental illness not a lifestyle choice and seek professional help.

You should be totally ashamed of yourself for being a cowardly Christian cultist lacking the guts to let go of the false security provided by Dark Ages dogma, kid.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75992 Dec 14, 2012
RN Student wrote:
http://www.tektoonics.com/test /parody/fundyath.html
Really? You use such complete and utter bullshit to rationalize being in a death-denying hate cult during an era in which modern science has essentially ruled out any supernatural involvement in either the origin of the universe or life on earth. You're both a retarded and revolting fundiseased Christian redneck godbot.

You'll never get better by humiliating yourself on an international forum. The best advice you'll ever receive is to stop immediately and seek the professional help you desperately need, kid.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#75994 Dec 14, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It's truly astounding how completely brainwashed godbots like you are incapable of grasping any fact in contradiction to their programming.
Religions are dogma-based indoctrination not faith-based belief systems. An opposition to organized religious brainwashing isn't a worldview.
A godbot doesn't have beliefs to share. A godbot proselytizes and religious proselytizing should never be tolerated anywhere.
It's inevitable that there will be an international ban on religious brainwashing and proselytizing will become a criminal act, kid.
This still doesn't answer my question. What do you gain personally from the way you treat Christians? I'm not going to let you off easily. I'm going to keep asking until you answer the question directly and honestly.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75995 Dec 14, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? You use such complete and utter bullshit to rationalize being in a death-denying hate cult during an era in which modern science has essentially ruled out any supernatural involvement in either the origin of the universe or life on earth. You're both a retarded and revolting fundiseased Christian redneck godbot.
You'll never get better by humiliating yourself on an international forum. The best advice you'll ever receive is to stop immediately and seek the professional help you desperately need, kid.
Show me one peer reviewed psychology that supports your claims about religion.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75996 Dec 14, 2012
Psychology study*
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75997 Dec 14, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
This still doesn't answer my question.
I've repeatedly answered your question. As I rational adult, I speak the truth and cowards like you and RN student aren't man enough to handle the truth.

Organized religion is a hoax. Religious addiction is a mental illness not a lifestyle choice. Both of you should seek professional help instead of supporting the others inane delusions.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75998 Dec 14, 2012
RN Student wrote:
Show me one peer reviewed psychology that supports your claims about religion.
Anyone who lacks the common sense to recognize that delusions, hallucinations and the inability to either learn or differentiate fantasy from reality is a mental illness is mentally ill or lying, kid.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/homo-cons...

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#75999 Dec 14, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
<quoted text>
This quote comes from a website that is antagonistic towards Christianity and has a goal of discrediting Christianity under the disguise of "scholarly research." Not only is the information biased to extremes, but is also dishonest.
Tacitus is regarded as one of the finest Roman historians in antiquity. We can apply this same logic to discredit the "truthbeknown" website by using another historical example.
We can look at the American Revolution. There are no photographs of any of the battles. All of our knowledge has been gleaned from letters, battle reports, and oral histories passed on to others. One of the best historians of Colonial America, Charles McLean Andrews was born almost 100 years after the revolution(1863 - 1943)and was awarded a Pulitzer Prize for his work in writing history. He wasn't an eye-witness, and yet he was considered an authority on colonial life in America. He was also a Yale History professor. Somebody obviously placed a great deal of merit upon this man's research.
By contrast, Cornelius Tacitus (56 AD – 117 AD) was born within 30 years of the reported events. While he wasn't a witness to Jesus, he wrote a very accurate history of what happened in Rome with regard to Nero and the early Christians. How did Christianity spread to Rome so fast in a time when modern media wasn't even a thought?
They don't get it ~ they believe in historical things written over a thousand years ago without an issue, and no photographic evidence, just scribes as such. But for some reason, they choose not to believe that which was written 2,000 years ago!! Logic? I can find none in their logic, but they will debate it none the less :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#76000 Dec 14, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
<quoted text>
You still haven't answered my question. Why do you feel the need to degrade others? Does it make you feel more powerful? Do you think it's going to motivate any change? What purpose does it serve?
Don't take any notice of myth buster..... he has been banned using other Topix names, and just goes on and on and on and on .....
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#76001 Dec 14, 2012
Religion and Mental Disorder:
http://www.softdevlabs.com/personal/psych/dis...

Religious systems affect the motives and behaviors of their followers. Just as they can strengthen moral commitments, they may stimulate disordered thinking and action. We see this in religion's concern with sin. A book chapter by O'Connell asks, "Is Mental Illness a Result of Sin?", and the well-known psychologist O. H. Mowrer attempted to bring the sin concept into psychotherapy. It was thus examined positively and negatively -- as a constructive control on behavior, and as an activator of guilt, depression, and distress. Obsession with sin and guilt seems to be a correlate of religious frameworks that stress moral perfection. An emphasis on perfection often incites feelings of low self-esteem and worthlessness, which can contribute to mental disorders. We also find the presence of sin and associated guilt in the motivation for mysticism, conversion, prayer, scrupulosity, confession, bizarre rituals, self-denial, and self-mutilation.

The need to expunge sin and reduce guilt is a powerful motive, and one that may eventuate in serious mental pathology. McGinley's fascinating presentation of the behavior of saints abounds in examples of grotesque, brutal, and painful masochistic behavior, which today we would regard as indicative of profound psychopathology.

Religious insitutions and leaders that demand absolute subservience and unquestioning obedience from followers frequntly use punitive threats and devices to eliminate individuality. Pruyser points out that those subject to such control must suspend any semblance of critical reasoning and substitute "unbridled and untutored fantasy." Blind faith of this sort requires in immature, if not extremely childish, denial of reality for its maintenance. The pathetic extremes to which such a belief may drive people have been evidenced many times in recent years. We need only consider such tragedies as the mass suicides and deaths of those in the People's Temple in Guyana, the Branch Davidians in Texas, and the Solar Temple group in Europe and Canada.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#76002 Dec 14, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who lacks the common sense to recognize that delusions, hallucinations and the inability to either learn or differentiate fantasy from reality is a mental illness is mentally ill or lying, kid.
http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/homo-cons...
That is a psych today blog entry not a peer reviewed study. Try again.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#76004 Dec 14, 2012
RN Student wrote:
That is a psych today blog entry
That's totally irrelevant. The facts are irrefutable. Religion is a mental illness whether or not a religiously retarded redneck like you ever has the guts to seek professional help. You're certifiably insane, kid.

Is Christianity a form of insanity?
http://jdstone.org/cr/files/religion-a-mental...

Location hidden

#76005 Dec 15, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Don't take any notice of myth buster..... he has been banned using other Topix names, and just goes on and on and on and on .....
Oh I'm not offended by his childish behavior at all. I'm not surprised that he's been banned. What I want to know is what personal gain there is in degrading others.

If I were to ask you what personal gain there is to holding a door open for somebody, you might tell me that you feel good helping others.

If I were to ask you why you pushed somebody, you might say it was because they stepped on your toes. In both cases, personal satisfaction is a benefit whether it's the primary goal or not.

I'm just wondering if Myth Buster will tell us how it benefits him to degrade others, or what purpose it serves. I don't think he can without revealing the failed psychology of his own worldview.

Location hidden

#76006 Dec 15, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
That's totally irrelevant. The facts are irrefutable. Religion is a mental illness whether or not a religiously retarded redneck like you ever has the guts to seek professional help. You're certifiably insane, kid.
It's totally relevant. You were asked to supply a peer-reviewed study and you didn't. You couldn't. You found a blog that supports your already biased views. That's not very scientific at all, kid. So much for "objectivity" and "peer reviews" that you espouse so much. I dare say that you place so much stock in "objectivity" and "peer reviewed hypotheses" that it's... it's... almost...what's the word I'm looking for here? Oh yes- religious! So it's rather odd that you only found a blog and tried to pass it off as a peer reviewed study. That was dishonest. And what did you do when called on it? You claimed "irrelevance." Sorry kid but that doesn't cut it. As RN Student said, try again.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#76007 Dec 15, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
It's totally relevant.
Wrong! Religious addiction is a mental illness not a lifestyle choice. Completely brainwashed godbots like you and RN Student shouldn't wait for an international ban and official recognition before seeking professional help.

Out of curiosity, do you also reside in the damn Bible Belt? The blissful ignorance you demonstrate in this forum is found in few places on earth outside the damn Bible Belt, kid.

7 reasons why religion is a form of mental illness:

(1) Hallucinations - the person has invisible friends who (s)he insists are real, and to whom (s)he speaks daily, even though nobody can actually see or hear these friends.

(2) Delusions - the patient believes that the invisible friends have magical powers to make them rich, cure cancer, bring about world peace, and will do so eventually if asked.

(3) Denial/Inability to learn - though the requests for world peace remain unanswered, even after hundreds of years, the patients persist with the praying behavior, each time expecting different results.

(4) Inability to distinguish fantasy from reality - the beliefs are contingent upon ancient mythology being accepted as historical fact.

(5) Paranoia - the belief that anyone who does not share their supernatural concept of reality is "evil," "the devil," "an agent of Satan".

(6) Emotional abuse -­religious concepts such as sin, hell, cause feelings of guilt, shame, fear, and other types of emotional "baggage" which can scar the psyche for life.

(7) Violence - many patients insist that others should share in their delusions, even to the extent of using violence.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#76008 Dec 15, 2012
This is the 12th chapter of an unknown book, not a peer reviewed study, try again.
Myth Buster wrote:
Religion and Mental Disorder:
http://www.softdevlabs.com/personal/psych/dis...
Religious systems affect the motives and behaviors of their followers. Just as they can strengthen moral commitments, they may stimulate disordered thinking and action. We see this in religion's concern with sin. A book chapter by O'Connell asks, "Is Mental Illness a Result of Sin?", and the well-known psychologist O. H. Mowrer attempted to bring the sin concept into psychotherapy. It was thus examined positively and negatively -- as a constructive control on behavior, and as an activator of guilt, depression, and distress. Obsession with sin and guilt seems to be a correlate of religious frameworks that stress moral perfection. An emphasis on perfection often incites feelings of low self-esteem and worthlessness, which can contribute to mental disorders. We also find the presence of sin and associated guilt in the motivation for mysticism, conversion, prayer, scrupulosity, confession, bizarre rituals, self-denial, and self-mutilation.
The need to expunge sin and reduce guilt is a powerful motive, and one that may eventuate in serious mental pathology. McGinley's fascinating presentation of the behavior of saints abounds in examples of grotesque, brutal, and painful masochistic behavior, which today we would regard as indicative of profound psychopathology.
Religious insitutions and leaders that demand absolute subservience and unquestioning obedience from followers frequntly use punitive threats and devices to eliminate individuality. Pruyser points out that those subject to such control must suspend any semblance of critical reasoning and substitute "unbridled and untutored fantasy." Blind faith of this sort requires in immature, if not extremely childish, denial of reality for its maintenance. The pathetic extremes to which such a belief may drive people have been evidenced many times in recent years. We need only consider such tragedies as the mass suicides and deaths of those in the People's Temple in Guyana, the Branch Davidians in Texas, and the Solar Temple group in Europe and Canada.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#76009 Dec 15, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Also not a peer reviewed study, did he serriously go to Frued? Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min jjustice0981 603,601
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min onemale 263,432
Moses never existed 7 min Khatru 537
gay snapchat 7 min iovannl 5
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 10 min scaritual 764,402
what the best model of this wrist watches 13 min andet1987 7
Eat a wide variety of foods for a healthy diet 26 min andet1987 2
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min June VanDerMark 554,854
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 175,039

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE