What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God)
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75868 Dec 8, 2012
Martha Olivares wrote:
The Christians are mean. God is good.
Most religious cultists are self-righteous bigots. All documented deities are mythical although few are as vengeful as the hideous monster of Christian mythology.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#75869 Dec 8, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, progressive Christian is an oxymoron and I'd never attend any brainwashing institution unless I was invited to see the mindless flock straight.
Religious indoctrination requires both ignorance and cowardice, which is precisely why religious cults prey on young children and troubled adults.
The people you describe as "very kind, very intelligent" are death-denying cowards incapable of letting go their inane delusions of an imaginary father figure in the sky and an afterlife fantasyland.
So if you have never attended a worship service and have vowed to never attend a church service or meet the people, how would you really know? Isn't it illogical to learn about people based upon hearsay rather than on first-hand experience?
Martha Olivares

Hobbs, NM

#75870 Dec 8, 2012
I heard his voice and I was afraid.

The Christians are the ones that hurt
Jesus?
What was the purpose?
If you
met him today what would you do?
He came because?

He is
gods son.
Martha Olivares

Hobbs, NM

#75871 Dec 8, 2012
Martha Olivares wrote:
Tnanks be to God.
Spam is ham in a can.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75872 Dec 8, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
Isn't it illogical to learn about people based upon hearsay rather than on first-hand experience?
Rational adults understand that organized religion is a cruel and dangerous hoax. It's virtually impossible not to meet Christian cultists on an almost daily basis. It's easy to identify the most addicted because they're typically the most narcissistic and sociopathic.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75873 Dec 8, 2012
Martha Olivares wrote:
He is gods son.
He is an amalgamated myth and nothing more, freak.

“Primum non nocere”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75874 Dec 8, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
There are no scientific observations in support of the above hypothesis presented by Francis Crick so it would appropriately be classified as a failed scientific hypothesis.
Yes and no:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abiogenesis

Check under other models and you will see there is was actually a lot of testing done under this model and it looked quited promising however the model failed when they had to account for environment and speaking of life and environment you also need to account for the condition of the sun and the lack of an ozone layer (produced by photosynthetic life forms). Would this metaphorical (or literal depending on which model you follow) primordial soup cook to produce life or boil out?
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75875 Dec 8, 2012
RN Student wrote:
Yes and no
Apparently, there is support of Crick's hypothesis in studies of "Martian meteorites found in Antarctica".

Note the following comment on the page, "Origin of life" redirects here. For non-scientific views on the origins of life, see Creation myth.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75876 Dec 8, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, there is support of Crick's hypothesis in studies of "Martian meteorites found in Antarctica".
Note the following comment on the page, "Origin of life" redirects here. For non-scientific views on the origins of life, see Creation myth.
My overall point is that it all seems to fall apart when it reaches a certain point environment is the circle hole that breaks that square peg of abiogenesis: it doesn't fit in the realm of science and I have yet to see which model does as there is too much conjecture involved. If you present a scientific model that says a got to point c because of environment b then you should be able to back up all your variables rather than just a few of them.

Location hidden

#75877 Dec 8, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational adults understand that organized religion is a cruel and dangerous hoax. It's virtually impossible not to meet Christian cultists on an almost daily basis. It's easy to identify the most addicted because they're typically the most narcissistic and sociopathic.
Rational adults don't assume that others are narcissistic or sociopathic merely on the basis of what they believe or don't believe. Most mature Christians are humble and very friendly. This does not imply that we are perfect by any means, as no person is perfect in every sense of the word. Can you tell me of a specific instance where you met a narcissistic Christian in person? What did he or she do to lead you to that conclusion?

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#75878 Dec 9, 2012
ReligionMustDie wrote:
Sounds like BS from confused European Mfr's that are destroying our race, Serah!
<quoted text>
Have you been breeding with the likes of these?!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trugannini_...
LOL you're a crack up ~ they have beautiful brown eyes!!! Mine, regardless of the light, are definitely BLUE :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#75879 Dec 9, 2012
ReligionMustDie wrote:
Serah, do note interracial kid...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21176...
Could it be a "trick of the light"?
I mean more of the reports on that one were in the U.K.
More "trick of the light"?
I will tell you something about sunlight, Sunlight is natures great killer of fungus and scunge.
That's horrible, I cannot believe how anyone can harm an elderly person...... Bring on the sunlight if it will indeed get rid of 'scunges' as such!!
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75880 Dec 9, 2012
RN Student wrote:
square peg of abiogenesis
There aren't any "square pegs" of abiogenesis. The universe and life on earth had entirely natural origins. Obviously, you're determined to waste your entire life as a willfully ignorant of science death-denying cowardly Christian cultist and should be ashamed of yourself.

If you weren't such a coward then you'd be comparing the juvenile scientific hypotheses in the damn bible to the knowledge of modern science then asking yourself how a book supposedly ghost written by the creator of the universe could be so utterly ridiculous, kid.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75881 Dec 9, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
Rational adults don't assume that others are narcissistic or sociopathic merely on the basis of what they believe or don't believe.
I didn't state above that I simply assume the most addicted Christian godbots are narcissistic and sociopathic. I stated that my experience is that the most addicted Christian godbots are narcissistic and sociopathic.

Godbots are programmed to believe they have a unique relationship with the creator of the universe and will be rewarded for doing their cult's bidding with an eternal afterlife. The most addicted godbots are the most self-centered brats I've ever encountered.

Similarly, the most addicted godbots are the most sociopathic people I've ever encountered. They convince themselves that their imaginary friend will forgive them for their unethical and even unlawful conduct.

Most godbots are perfectly capable of functioning in society while keeping their self-righteous bigotry to themselves. As the recent Christians Hate Gays Day at Chick-fil-a demonstrated, millions of Christian godbots from coast to coast take great personal pride in being homophobic azzholes.

Location hidden

#75882 Dec 9, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't state above that I simply assume the most addicted Christian godbots are narcissistic and sociopathic. I stated that my experience is that the most addicted Christian godbots are narcissistic and sociopathic.
I'm truly sorry that you have had negative experiences with those who claim to be Christians. However, narcissism goes against all behavioral expectations of those who believe themselves to be Christians. The term sociopath has been dropped in favor of the term "Antisocial Personality Disorder." Christians are expected to be social and exhibit wise moral choices. Of course there are those who are pretenders and use the term Christian as a personal license to do whatever they want which isn't what they're supposed to do.
Myth Buster wrote:
Godbots are programmed to believe they have a unique relationship with the creator of the universe and will be rewarded for doing their cult's bidding with an eternal afterlife. The most addicted godbots are the most self-centered brats I've ever encountered.
People who believe that they enter the afterlife for doing good deeds are people who don't really understand what the role of Jesus was in God's plan for our lives.
Myth Buster wrote:
Similarly, the most addicted godbots are the most sociopathic people I've ever encountered. They convince themselves that their imaginary friend will forgive them for their unethical and even unlawful conduct.
Well we do believe God will forgive us, but truly mature Christians realize that we still must pay a debt to society for the things we have done if they are illegal or unethical. The forgiveness we seek isn't for absolution from man. It is for absolution from God so that we may have eternal life.
Myth Buster wrote:
Most godbots are perfectly capable of functioning in society while keeping their self-righteous bigotry to themselves. As the recent Christians Hate Gays Day at Chick-fil-a demonstrated, millions of Christian godbots from coast to coast take great personal pride in being homophobic azzholes.
There are many who think that way, but they forget that we should only judge ourselves and not each other. I have no right to judge you. This is actually one of the biggest issues I have with some who call themselves Christians. They have no right to judge others, and if they take issue with that, then maybe they should ask themselves why they're Christians in the first place. If they were, then they wouldn't judge others.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75883 Dec 9, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
then maybe they should ask themselves why they're Christians
Christian brainwashing naturally leads to narcissistic and sociopathic behavior because godbots are programmed to believe they're the "chosen ones" and the personal prejudices of the terrestrial authors of the damn bible were divinely inspired.

A Christian cultist who understands that the biblical Jesus wasn't an historical figure is an ex-Christian cultist.

Of course, an imaginary friend will forgive all unethical and even unlawful conduct.

It's never been rational to believe the universe was created by design because there's never been a single scientific observation in support of such a juvenile hypothesis. It's never been more irrational to believe because modern science has essentially ruled out any supernatural involvement. Thus, all Christian cultists should ask themselves why they're desperately clinging to Dark Ages dogma.

You're certifiably insane and should be sharing your inane delusions with competent mental health care professionals instead of making a complete fool of yourself on an international forum with your inability to differentiate Christian mythology from reality.
Not Quite

Magalia, CA

#75884 Dec 9, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian brainwashing naturally leads to narcissistic and sociopathic behavior because godbots are programmed to believe they're the "chosen ones" and the personal prejudices of the terrestrial authors of the damn bible were divinely inspired.
A Christian cultist who understands that the biblical Jesus wasn't an historical figure is an ex-Christian cultist.
Of course, an imaginary friend will forgive all unethical and even unlawful conduct.
It's never been rational to believe the universe was created by design because there's never been a single scientific observation in support of such a juvenile hypothesis. It's never been more irrational to believe because modern science has essentially ruled out any supernatural involvement. Thus, all Christian cultists should ask themselves why they're desperately clinging to Dark Ages dogma.
You're certifiably insane and should be sharing your inane delusions with competent mental health care professionals instead of making a complete fool of yourself on an international forum with your inability to differentiate Christian mythology from reality.
Clearly you lack understanding of what constitutes a myth.

By definition, Christianity does not meet the criteria of a myth.

Granted, that does not make it true, but it does not qualify as a myth.
Martha

Hobbs, NM

#75885 Dec 9, 2012
Humanity. Respect others. Dignity.
Your brain tells you
what is wrong and what is right. Too much worry
about religious beliefs? Who made you?
Goodness. Peace.
Myth Buster

Phoenix, AZ

#75886 Dec 9, 2012
Not Quite wrote:
Clearly you lack understanding of what constitutes a myth
Obviously, it's YOU who lacks the capacity to understand myths and mythology.

Myth - a traditional story about heroes or supernatural beings, often attempting to explain the origins of natural phenomena.
Mythology - a group of myths that belong to a particular people or culture and tell about their ancestors, heroes, gods and other supernatural beings.

The fictional story of Jesus is an example of a myth. Christianity is a collection of silly myths.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75887 Dec 9, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, it's YOU who lacks the capacity to understand myths and mythology.
Myth - a traditional story about heroes or supernatural beings, often attempting to explain the origins of natural phenomena.
Mythology - a group of myths that belong to a particular people or culture and tell about their ancestors, heroes, gods and other supernatural beings.
The fictional story of Jesus is an example of a myth. Christianity is a collection of silly myths.
Jesus existed in first century Judea and there are no serrious historians who say otherwise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are mexican men are small and ugly??? (May '07) 3 min TexMexed 174
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min guest 590,546
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 10 min razz58 2,418
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 15 min RiccardoFire 4,525
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 18 min Dave Nelson 839,570
How to do a threesome!! 21 min andet1987 2
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 24 min andet1987 5,912
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 31 min Jac 100,048
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Jingle Clown 271,375
More from around the web