Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75825 Dec 6, 2012
RN Student wrote:
You didn't address any of the issues I presented
Actually, I explained to you scientific methodology which you evidently still lack the intellectual capacity to comprehend.

The universe and life on earth exist therefore they were created by the hideous monster of Christian mythology isn't science.

Once again, you should stop making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum and seek professional help for your mental illness immediately, kid.

“Primum non nocere”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75826 Dec 6, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I explained to you scientific methodology which you evidently still lack the intellectual capacity to comprehend.
The universe and life on earth exist therefore they were created by the hideous monster of Christian mythology isn't science.
Once again, you should stop making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum and seek professional help for your mental illness immediately, kid.
If you look at God alone you are absolutely right as there is no known way to prove his existence at this point. To say God created the Earth in six days simply because God exists is operating on a presupposition rather than a fact. Humans were not there at the creation of life because we can't observe God creating life nor can we replicate it. You can't really falsify God either or that God created life.

That said you have the Biblical genesis account which most scientists reject because it cannot be replicate, observed, or falsified... so they present us with abiogenesis which can't be replicated, observed, or falsified. If you reject one as being unscientific how is the other one different when it fails the same pillars of logical research?
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75827 Dec 6, 2012
RN Student wrote:
If you reject one as being unscientific how is the other one different when it fails the same pillars of logical research?
Once again, you fail to understand that abiogenesis is a scientific hypothesis and evolution is a scientific theory. I expect abiogenesis to be classified as a scientific theory in the next decade as scientists learn to replicate the first living cells while working within their budgets.

Lies, Damned Lies, Statistics, and Probability of Abiogenesis Calculations:
http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/abioprob/abio...

The Emergence of Life: From Chemical Origins to Synthetic Biology:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Emergence-Life-Chem...
Martha Olivares

Lovington, NM

#75828 Dec 6, 2012
Hail Mary full of grace the lord is with thee
blessed art thou among all women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of
our death. Amen. Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit now and forever. Amen.
Oh my Jesus forgive us our sins save us from
the fires of hell. Lead all souls to heaven.
Especially those in most need of thy mercy.
Amem. Pray for forgiveness. He loves us.

Martha Olivares

Lovington, NM

#75829 Dec 6, 2012
Jesus save us.

“Primum non nocere”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75830 Dec 6, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you fail to understand that abiogenesis is a scientific hypothesis and evolution is a scientific theory. I expect abiogenesis to be classified as a scientific theory in the next decade as scientists learn to replicate the first living cells while working within their budgets.
1. I wasn't comparing abiogenesis to evolution so I'm not sure why you mentioned that.

2. The first webpage you gave me addresses the probability of life occuring on it's own and macromolecules (if memory serves me correctly here). This does not address the problems I presented which are far more fundamental in science.

3. Thank you for the book reference, I will buy it next pay check but I won't get to reading it until after finals which are quickly approaching.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75831 Dec 6, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>This is for you Remudie; a little reminder of the past, just altered a tad :)
I was walking down the street the other day, and I ran into an organism, and not only was it having a hard time trying to sprout some hair, it was having real issues creating itself some eyes, so that it could see.
Not to worry, organism, I said, in a couple of billion years, you will not only have eyes, that might have golden flecks within, you will have irises, that are attached to optical nerves, that will be linked to a brain that you haven't developed yet, and you will be able to see in color!!
Not only will you be able to see in color, but you will be wearing 3D specs so that you can sit there and watch things magically appear as if they are flinging themselves out at you and make you duck to avoid being hit.
And guess what organism? If you have blue eyes, you will be related to every other organism that has evolved into similar resemblance.... and you will never run across an ape with blue eyes, letting you know in advance that you are not related to an ape.
You will never be a Monkeys Uncle!!
And the organism breathed a sigh of relief.....
Tell it to the bugs!!
This is for you Sayrah; a little reminder of the past..

ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75832 Dec 6, 2012
Sounds like BS from confused European Mfr's that are destroying our race, Serah!
Serah wrote:
*** http://io9.com/5789256/physics-shows-that-no-...
Physics proves that no one really has blue eyes
Although some people have blue eyes, and many babies are born with particularly deep blue irises, no one actually has blue pigment in their irises. They're just a trick of the light.***
If my eyes aren't blue, then I am an organism in heaps of strife......
Have you been breeding with the likes of these?!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Trugannini_...
Martha Olivares

Lovington, NM

#75833 Dec 6, 2012
Sohnos de Deus Chris Duran
Ave Maria
TheApostle

Deerfield, IL

#75834 Dec 6, 2012
When I think of God I think of nothing but the fact of evil in the church.
Discusting religious people.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75836 Dec 6, 2012
The filthy liberals are mind f'ng everyone
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75838 Dec 6, 2012
Martha Olivares wrote:
Jesus save us.
Unfortunately, you Jesus freaks are too feeble-minded and weak-willed to be "saved" from your wasted lives as willing slaves to Dark Ages dogma.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75839 Dec 6, 2012
RN Student wrote:
I wasn't comparing abiogenesis to evolution so I'm not sure why you mentioned that.
You're obviously having difficulties understanding the difference between scientific hypotheses and theories.
TheApostle

Deerfield, IL

#75840 Dec 6, 2012
"When a person suffers from a

delusion, it is called insanity,

when many people suffer from a

delusion it is called religion."
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75841 Dec 6, 2012
Serah, do note interracial kid...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21176...
Could it be a "trick of the light"?
I mean more of the reports on that one were in the U.K.
More "trick of the light"?
I will tell you something about sunlight, Sunlight is natures great killer of fungus and scunge.
TheApostle

Deerfield, IL

#75842 Dec 6, 2012
Lets just say it like it is:

Believers are absolutely the most
evil Gays on the planet, and this is a

simple fact, for they espouse that

being GAY is against their deities

law, yet they are constantly

trying to butt-slam kids and

ignorant folks.
The ODDEST part of this is, if

their HELL were real, they would

ALL go to it in the end, based on

their own rules.

Sick Brainwashed Freaks
TheApostle

Deerfield, IL

#75843 Dec 6, 2012
Do you think JOE PA acted appropriately during the recent PSU debacle (Hid the truth from the authorities)?

If you say NO then you must explain the priests and the alter boys.

If you say YES then YOU'RE the preacher.
TheApostle

Deerfield, IL

#75844 Dec 6, 2012
"Realists believes in everything

that is, and nothing that is not".
TheApostle

Deerfield, IL

#75845 Dec 6, 2012
Wouldn't Godists believe that

Satanists believe God exists? I

think that would put them a step

above atheists in Godists' minds.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75846 Dec 6, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Abiogenesis is a myth of naturalism.

Even many scientists do not understand the distinctions between DNA, which is material, and the genome and the genetic code, which are non-material
The existence of the genome and the genetic code divides living organisms from non-living matter. There is nothing in the non-living physico-chemical world that remotely resembles the reactions that are determined by a sequence (i.e., the genome) and codes between sequences (i.e., the genetic code) that occur in living matter.
What should be taught in science classes is why the origin of life is one of scienceís unsolvable problems. Information theory and coding theory show why life could not originate proteins first, RNA first, in a pond or ocean, on a rock or on other planets."

Bioinformatician and nuclear physicist Dr Hubert Yockey

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 min Darwins Stepchild 831,015
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Anthony MN 586,123
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 min Mike duck it 5,849
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 12 min Paul is dead 1966 3,025
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 31 min The swamiji 6,442
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 36 min waaasssuuup 442,984
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 39 min QueenKeri 477
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr RiccardoFire 99,338
More from around the web