Mysterious

New York, NY

#75720 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyone who reads Murdock's Christ in Egypt should understand that the sources she cites are anything but marginal or questionable. In fact, her sources are entirely within the Egyptology mainstream and many are, in fact, revered, and deservedly so, within the community of Egyptologists.
The fact that these sources are mainstream, highly respected, or even seminal does not, of course, make them right about the origins of the Christ story. However, it does make them, and Murdock's thesis in which she incorporates their work, impossible to dismiss out of hand.
Read her book. Criticize it if you believe it deserves criticism. But to dismiss it or get apoplectic about her thesis simply because it shocks you is plainly foolish.
--Kenneth L. Feder, PhD, Frauds, Myths and Mysteries
I find myself in full agreement with Acharya S/D.M. Murdock: "we assert that Christianity constitutes Gnosticism historicized and Judaized, likewise representing a synthesis of Egyptian, Jewish and Greek religion and mythology, among others [including Buddhism, via King Asoka's missionaries] from around the 'known world'". "Christianity is largely the product of Egyptian religion being Judaized and historicized".
--Robert M. Price, PhD, The Pre-Nicene New Testament
Kudos on the first quote, but I disagree on the quote by Price.
I'll tell you why if you really want to know.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75721 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, it's YOU who lacks the intellectual capacity to differentiate Christian pseudoscience and personal delusions from science. The Big Bang Theory is an entirely natural explanation for the origin of the universe and asinine quotes from fellow godbots don't change a thing, you delusional nutcase!
More rantings from the mentally challenged ass-bot.

The father of the Big Bang Theory is Georges Lemaitre.
He conceived of the Space-Atom he nicknamed the Cosmic Egg exploding at the moment of creation. His theory was derisively called the Big Bang by Fred Hoyle because he and other scientists felt it was a reminder of Genesis and "let there be light." Did I mention Georges Lemaitre was a Roman Catholic priest?

So let's try that again without your redundant psycho babble caused by a lack of any oxygen at birth. What caused the Big Bang?
Take your time.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75722 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The blind hypocrisy of the religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic godbot is displayed in topix on a daily basis. You've repeatedly demonstrated that you're one of the most dangerously delusional nutcases to ever post in this forum.
You'll simply waste your absolutely worthless life with the intellectual capacity of a mentally retarded child because you'd rather be a slave to Dark Ages dogma than accept your own mortality like a rational adult.
You're a typical Christian cultist. You're a gutless, spineless, weak-willed, lily-livered and death-denying coward and a menace to society, punk.
The blind hypocrisy of the non beliebretarded imbecilic sociopathic godbot is displayed in topix on a daily basis. You've repeatedly demonstrated that you're one of the most dangerously delusional nutcases to ever post in this forum.
You'll simply waste your absolutely worthless life with the intellectual capacity of a mentally retarded child because you'd rather be a slave to Dark Ages dogma than accept your own mortality like a rational adult.
You're a typical Christian cultist. You're a gutless, spineless, weak-willed, lily-livered and death-denying coward and a menace to society, punk

More Psycho babble from the resident retard. State atheism remains the Mother of All Murderers on Steroids and you would have fit right in with your dirt bag arrogance.
Did you ever wonder what life would be like if you had a tad bit more oxygen at birth? Think of the exhilarating benefits; walking upright for starters, no more barking for sex, shoes always on the outside of the soxs, no more hair dyeing with Kool-Aid, no training wheels on your broom stick and even better, the ability to grab your ears and gently, but firmly, remove your head from your butt without breaking your nose, each and every day. Just a tad bit more oxygen at birth, so close, so close, and yet so far.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75723 Dec 4, 2012
RN Student wrote:
We have already examined Ms. Murdock's claims and after comparing them to original sources we find her claims to be false.
By "we", you mean yourself and other death-denying cowardly Christian cultists, none of who have actually had the guts to read any of Murdock's books and have any credibility whatsoever.

Murdock is just one of the many authors exposing the truth about Christianity, which is a derivative cult with very little originality whether or not you're ever man enough to accept this irrefutable historical fact.

No rational human being could read a 600 page book with multiple sources cited as evidence and disagree with all of the claims made.

You're continuing to lie and make a complete ass of yourself on an international forum when you should be seeking professional help for your mental illness, kid.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75724 Dec 4, 2012
Mysterious wrote:
Kudos on the first quote, but I disagree on the quote by Price. I'll tell you why if you really want to know.
I'm not interested in listening to the pathetic rationalizations of a brainwashed godbot. It's never been rational to believe either the universe or life on earth was created by design because there's never been single scientific observation in support of such a juvenile hypothesis. It's always been irrational to be in a religious cult with violence and hatred inciting dogma.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75725 Dec 4, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
What caused the Big Bang?
Gawdunit has never been the right answer for any of the mysteries of the universe, but delusional nutcases like you continue to fill in the gaps of current scientific knowledge with the mythical deity of their cult even though those gaps are shrinking every year.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75726 Dec 4, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
State atheism remains the Mother of All Murderers on Steroids
Christian revisionist history isn't history. Organized religion remains the primary source of violence throughout the world, you dangerously delusional nutcase.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75727 Dec 4, 2012
I have been within this thread since almost the beginning of it and one thing I have learned is how to tell the difference tweenst a real christian and just someone who is playing checker games. Word.
RN Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually never mind, you're not even speaking on topic. Go fly a kite.
Is it Ole Benji you have in mind when you say "Go fly a kite"?It is you that should go fly a kite . Maybe you will collect jesus in your pursuit not unlike how ole Benji collected 'tricity,,hmm?

Something that benji wrote that you should ponder upon..

As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion, as he left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see; but I apprehend it has received various corrupt changes, and I have, with most of the present Dissenters in England, some Doubts as to his divinity; tho' it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and I think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an Opportunity of knowing the Truth with less Trouble ..

If you are such a stout believer of jesus floating in the sky waiting for you to arrive, why are you f'n around with MB?
Face it, you really arent that pious at all, you are just bored with your life.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75728 Dec 4, 2012
downhill246 wrote:

What a load of BS.
You do know the Muslims are talking over the world, don't you? You will find out who the Mother of All Murderers on Steroids are.
Most of you fools just sit around and let it all happen, but the Dutch are finally beginning to stand up for themselves.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75729 Dec 4, 2012
If you know what's good for you, You better do the same
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75730 Dec 4, 2012
zackly!!..
alannis jimenez wrote:
i think that jesus is ral and i will always belive in him beacuse with out him we wouldnt be on this earth right now
now thayar is uh reel krischun!
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75731 Dec 4, 2012
alannis jimenez wrote:
i think that jesus is ral and i will always belive in him beacuse with out him we wouldnt be on this earth right now
I be finkun dat jesus was one uh doz afro-americans and stuffs becuz eve was an afro -americanz..

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/...
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75732 Dec 4, 2012
ReligionMustDie wrote:
the Dutch are finally beginning to stand up for themselves.
Liberal European countries are making a huge mistake by allowing Muslim cultists to immigrate for the purpose of establishing terrorist cells.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#75733 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian revisionist history isn't history. Organized religion remains the primary source of violence throughout the world, you dangerously delusional nutcase.
When speaking of revisionist history, there are both positive and negative connotations involved. With each, there is a certain amount of bias that influences how it is researched and written. No history is completely free of bias. In fact, almost all history is revised at some point in accordance with new discoveries and their authenticity.
Whether secular, or religious, all history shares these dynamics.
Martha Olivares

Hobbs, NM

#75734 Dec 4, 2012
<quoted text>
Jesus lives with us. He loves us. Pray.
The sign of the cross.
In the name of the Father and of the
Son and of the Holy Spirit.
Our Father
who art in heaven hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come thy will be done on earth
as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily
bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive
those who trespass against us and lead us not into
temptation but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Hail Mary full of grace the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among all women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary mother of God pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. For the Kingdom and the power and the glory are yours now and forever. Amen.
Oh my Jesus forgive us our sins save us from the fires of hell.
Lead all souls to heaven. Especially those in most need of thy mercy.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75735 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Gawdunit has never been the right answer for any of the mysteries of the universe, but delusional nutcases like you continue to fill in the gaps of current scientific knowledge with the mythical deity of their cult even though those gaps are shrinking every year.

Remove the ranting of the ass-bot retard and we see he has no answer to the question.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75737 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you want to give us proof of abiogenesis and a natural cause for the Big Bang, ass-bot, or you going to resort to the science of the gaps argument? You are easy.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75738 Dec 4, 2012
ReligionMustDie wrote:
downhill246 wrote:
What a load of BS.
You do know the Muslims are talking over the world, don't you? You will find out who the Mother of All Murderers on Steroids are.
Most of you fools just sit around and let it all happen, but the Dutch are finally beginning to stand up for themselves.
Gee ,if the Muslims kill another 75 million people they will be right up there with you guys.

"If the elitists of our Western civilization want to survive, then it is incumbent upon them to see to the preservation of the hoary, time-honored faith of the great majority of the people. This means that our elitists should see that their most valued vested interest is the preservation within our culture of Christianity and Judaism. It is not critical that they themselves believe, only that they should publicly hold in high esteem the institutions of Christianity and Judaism, and to respect those who do believe and to encourage and to give leeway to those who, in truth, will be foremost in the trenches defending us against those who would have us all bow down to a different and unaccommodating faith."

Atheist John D. Steinrucken,
Secularism's Ongoing Debt to Christianity
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75739 Dec 4, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
Whether secular, or religious, all history shares these dynamics.
History is revised as we make discoveries such as archeological finds. Revisionist history is the deliberate misuse of history for political or religious purposes.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75740 Dec 4, 2012
ReligionMustDie wrote:
I have been within this thread since almost the beginning of it and one thing I have learned is how to tell the difference tweenst a real christian and just someone who is playing checker games. Word.
<quoted text>
Is it Ole Benji you have in mind when you say "Go fly a kite"?It is you that should go fly a kite . Maybe you will collect jesus in your pursuit not unlike how ole Benji collected 'tricity,,hmm?
Something that benji wrote that you should ponder upon..
As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion, as he left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see; but I apprehend it has received various corrupt changes, and I have, with most of the present Dissenters in England, some Doubts as to his divinity; tho' it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and I think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an Opportunity of knowing the Truth with less Trouble ..
If you are such a stout believer of jesus floating in the sky waiting for you to arrive, why are you f'n around with MB?
Face it, you really arent that pious at all, you are just bored with your life.
"Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, Creator of the Universe. That he governs it by his Providence. That he ought to be worshipped. That the most acceptable Service we render to him is doing good to his other Children. That the soul of Man is immortal, and will be treated with Justice in another Life respecting its Conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental Principles of all sound Religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever Sect I meet with them."

Benjamin Franklin letter to Ezra Stiles, 9 March 1790

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Good-Evil 795,135
Homosexuals are servants and human children of ... 7 min doug 11
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 15 min Just Think 120,695
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min Just Think 567,965
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 40 min Grunt56 221,537
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 56 min AntiqueAnnie 607,179
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 1 hr Clear Dharma 488
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr AussieBobby 267,399
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 22 hr Rashes 177
More from around the web