What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God)
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

#75739 Dec 4, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
Whether secular, or religious, all history shares these dynamics.
History is revised as we make discoveries such as archeological finds. Revisionist history is the deliberate misuse of history for political or religious purposes.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75740 Dec 4, 2012
ReligionMustDie wrote:
I have been within this thread since almost the beginning of it and one thing I have learned is how to tell the difference tweenst a real christian and just someone who is playing checker games. Word.
<quoted text>
Is it Ole Benji you have in mind when you say "Go fly a kite"?It is you that should go fly a kite . Maybe you will collect jesus in your pursuit not unlike how ole Benji collected 'tricity,,hmm?
Something that benji wrote that you should ponder upon..
As to Jesus of Nazareth, my Opinion of whom you particularly desire, I think the System of Morals and his Religion, as he left them to us, the best the world ever saw or is likely to see; but I apprehend it has received various corrupt changes, and I have, with most of the present Dissenters in England, some Doubts as to his divinity; tho' it is a question I do not dogmatize upon, having never studied it, and I think it needless to busy myself with it now, when I expect soon an Opportunity of knowing the Truth with less Trouble ..
If you are such a stout believer of jesus floating in the sky waiting for you to arrive, why are you f'n around with MB?
Face it, you really arent that pious at all, you are just bored with your life.
"Here is my Creed. I believe in one God, Creator of the Universe. That he governs it by his Providence. That he ought to be worshipped. That the most acceptable Service we render to him is doing good to his other Children. That the soul of Man is immortal, and will be treated with Justice in another Life respecting its Conduct in this. These I take to be the fundamental Principles of all sound Religion, and I regard them as you do in whatever Sect I meet with them."

Benjamin Franklin letter to Ezra Stiles, 9 March 1790
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

#75741 Dec 4, 2012
Martha Olivares wrote:
Jesus lives with us.
Hey completely brainwashed Christian godbot, you can take your proselytizing bullshit and shove it up your ass!
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

#75742 Dec 4, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
we see he has no answer to the question.
Once again, your question was answered even if you're too severely retarded to comprehend, you dangerously delusional nutcase.
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

#75743 Dec 4, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
science of the gaps argument?
The blind hypocrisy of the religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic godbot is truly astounding. You're a death-denying coward knowingly worshiping a mythical character from a fictional book while desperately clinging to current gaps in scientific knowledge to rationalize your own inane delusions, punk.
Martha Olivares

Carlsbad, NM

#75744 Dec 4, 2012
God wrote:
<quoted text>
I have been thinking that Jesus is love.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/10/...
God
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75745 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, your question was answered even if you're too severely retarded to comprehend, you dangerously delusional nutcase.
More psycho babble from the resident retard.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75746 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The blind hypocrisy of the religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic godbot is truly astounding. You're a death-denying coward knowingly worshiping a mythical character from a fictional book while desperately clinging to current gaps in scientific knowledge to rationalize your own inane delusions, punk.
This is a recording......
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75747 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey completely brainwashed Christian godbot, you can take your proselytizing bullshit and shove it up your ass!
Just a little more oxygen at birth....
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75748 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
History is revised as we make discoveries such as archeological finds. Revisionist history is the deliberate misuse of history for political or religious purposes.
Or atheistic purposes.
Martha Olivares

Carlsbad, NM

#75749 Dec 4, 2012
Martha Olivares wrote:
<quoted text>
God
Jesus
Martha Olivares

Carlsbad, NM

#75750 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus
Joseph, Mary and baby.
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

#75751 Dec 4, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
Or atheistic purposes.
Rational adults have absolutely no reason to revise history, you retarded and revolting azzhole.
Martha Olivares

Carlsbad, NM

#75752 Dec 4, 2012
A family.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#75753 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Revisionist history in it's negative connotation is the deliberate misrepresentation to establish an ideological agenda. It is not confined to just religion or politics. Proponents of naturalism and secularism engage in negative revisionist history as well.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#75754 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational adults have absolutely no reason to revise history, you retarded and revolting azzhole.
This is a misunderstanding of human nature. Your use of the word rational could be interpreted with honest intent in different ways.
It's important to remember that the word rational relates to how human reason, and is based upon cultural and experiential differences. It is entirely appropriate and realistic for two people to be rational, and still hold differing worldviews. However, it is far from rational to insult others when engaging in dialogue just on the basis of differing views. With that said, what purpose is there in insulting others that couldn't be served better by listening to and contemplating opposite views?
atheists dont have a clue

Kalamazoo, MI

#75755 Dec 4, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, there's no such thing as a belief system. Rational adults don't have beliefs. Rational adults study science based in reality on observation and experimentation.
It's too bad that you don't know what a rational adult is.
But you sure do know what selfishness is. lol

Kalamazoo, MI

#75756 Dec 4, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
The real irony of atheism (or anti-theism) is the circular reasoning they use, while calling us illogical or unintelligent. There's a reason that anti-theists like Pomona Atheist (aka Myth Buster) reject apologetics. They like to claim that apologetics is just a set of canned responses to silence critics, and that's not true at all.
Apologetics is just a logical and very reasonable defense of our own faith. The real reason that PAMB and those like him (Pamona Atheist aka PA + Myth Buster aka MB = PAMB) don't like apologetics is because apologetics corrects their presuppositions. They don't like to be corrected. Correcting them causes them to question their own worldview, and in turn if they question their worldview too much, it compromises their comfort zone. It implies that they could be wrong. This is something that atheists who wish to maintain their worldview must avoid at all costs if they are to hold onto that. So it's not really logical at all. Sure they'll try to revert to scientific data to assure themselves that God doesn't exist, but that's more circular reasoning. Science is completely compatible with spiritual beliefs. Science answers the processes, while spirituality answers the bigger questions such as "who" and "why."
The real enemy of science isn't religion or spirituality, but naturalism. Naturalism is the dogmatic, ethnocentric belief that every event must have a natural cause. This isn't really true. The laws of nature are as not rigid and absolute as the atheist wants to believe. The laws of nature are such that they describe what generally happens. The laws of nature are not supposed to declare what can and can't happen. If there is an all powerful creator, then it's only logical to presume that He could intervene as needed and act outside of the normal events within nature.
The atheist rejection is based more upon emotion. They can't stand the thought of being wrong, but they take it to extremes to make their premises and conclusions the same. This is what I find ironic.
Then when we point this out, they respond with more ad hominem. At this point, consistent with his posting style, PAMB has two choices:
1- Ignore this post altogether like he did on my post about correct methodology in regard to historical research or;
2- Reply with more ad hominem arguments.(Insults)
Anyone care to place a wager on which way he will go?
I hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving.
It is ironic. They have 'faith' that being arrogant and selfish is intelligent and the best way to be. And they don't blame their thinking for this, because they got their thinking from other people that they have 'faith' in, and they're too arrogant. lol. Who they blame is the christians or the people that aren't like them. And then they claim to be intelligent too. lol Christians should never believe anything an atheist says, really, nobody should.

I think that your point about them hating being wrong is a big key. As far as I can tell, because of their arrogance, they have inferiority complexes when they see/hear a christian(or even anybody that does different than them) because it is against what they believe(and what they believe is what gives them their arrogance--they can't live without that, lol). And then the inferiority complex comes and it brings these thoughts about being wrong and other negative thoughts into their minds(like they aren't the greatest thing in the world as they thought they were) and they blame the christians(or moral people) for putting these thoughts in their heads. They should be adults and be responsible for their own thoughts and beliefs. They're the ones putting them in their heads, not other people.
======== Part 1 ==========

Kalamazoo, MI

#75757 Dec 4, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
The real irony of atheism (or anti-theism) is the circular reasoning they use, while calling us illogical or unintelligent. There's a reason that anti-theists like Pomona Atheist (aka Myth Buster) reject apologetics. They like to claim that apologetics is just a set of canned responses to silence critics, and that's not true at all.
Apologetics is just a logical and very reasonable defense of our own faith. The real reason that PAMB and those like him (Pamona Atheist aka PA + Myth Buster aka MB = PAMB) don't like apologetics is because apologetics corrects their presuppositions. They don't like to be corrected. Correcting them causes them to question their own worldview, and in turn if they question their worldview too much, it compromises their comfort zone. It implies that they could be wrong. This is something that atheists who wish to maintain their worldview must avoid at all costs if they are to hold onto that. So it's not really logical at all. Sure they'll try to revert to scientific data to assure themselves that God doesn't exist, but that's more circular reasoning. Science is completely compatible with spiritual beliefs. Science answers the processes, while spirituality answers the bigger questions such as "who" and "why."
The real enemy of science isn't religion or spirituality, but naturalism. Naturalism is the dogmatic, ethnocentric belief that every event must have a natural cause. This isn't really true. The laws of nature are as not rigid and absolute as the atheist wants to believe. The laws of nature are such that they describe what generally happens. The laws of nature are not supposed to declare what can and can't happen. If there is an all powerful creator, then it's only logical to presume that He could intervene as needed and act outside of the normal events within nature.
The atheist rejection is based more upon emotion. They can't stand the thought of being wrong, but they take it to extremes to make their premises and conclusions the same. This is what I find ironic.
Then when we point this out, they respond with more ad hominem. At this point, consistent with his posting style, PAMB has two choices:
1- Ignore this post altogether like he did on my post about correct methodology in regard to historical research or;
2- Reply with more ad hominem arguments.(Insults)
Anyone care to place a wager on which way he will go?
I hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving.
========= Part 2 ==========

And their circular reasoning I believe comes from their fear of being wrong, so their arrogance takes over and uses circular reasoning so that they can be right. Their fear of being wrong and not being superior to everyone that believes in God outweighs them using good reasoning and logic.

And you're right about the things they believe are based on their emotions, how things make them feel. If it makes them feel superior, they like it.

God just doesn't fit into their belief system of them being superior to all. lol. So they will never be able to prove he exists even if they try. But it takes someone like us to teach them that.
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

#75758 Dec 4, 2012
Eddy Boyd wrote:
Proponents of naturalism and secularism engage in negative revisionist history as well.
You should have quit while you were ahead. Rational people have no reason to exaggerate the violent history of barbaric religious cult.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min waaasssuuup 682,105
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Whiskey Ben Solo 124,218
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr Archie DeBunker 8,199
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Liberals are Depl... 982,434
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr New Age Spiritual... 619,477
Women and Men: DO NOT marry/date an Engineer!!! (Oct '08) 4 hr Jessica 123
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 hr Comrade Trump 286,504
More from around the web