Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75691 Dec 3, 2012
i am currently reading Bart Ehrman's,''Did Jesus Exist?'' Ehrman defines himself as an agnostic leaning towards atheism. Does not paint a very flattering review of Murdock and Christ mythers. Especially Murdock's work which is a joke in the scholar community.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75692 Dec 3, 2012
Serah wrote:
Yeah ~ waste of everything, really
A life spent as a willing slave to a religious cult is a life wasted in ignorance, cowardice and intolerance.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75693 Dec 3, 2012
Mysterious wrote:
But I'll start it with an open mind.
It's highly unlikely you'll have an open mind, but there's always a chance that you'll be inspired to leave the Dark Ages behind and rejoin the modern world.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75694 Dec 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
i am currently reading Bart Ehrman's,''Did Jesus Exist?''
Richard Carrier’s Review of Bart Ehrman’s Did Jesus Exist?

"Having completed and fully annotated Ehrman’s new book Did Jesus Exist? The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth, I can officially say it is filled with factual errors, logical fallacies, and badly worded arguments. Moreover, it completely fails at its one explicit task: to effectively critique the arguments for Jesus being a mythical person. Lousy with errors and failing even at the one useful thing it could have done, this is not a book I can recommend.

It is for all the reasons documented in this article (which are again just a sample of many other errors of like kind, from false claims, to illogical arguments, to self-contradictions, to misrepresentations of his opponents, to errors of omission), especially this book’s complete failure to interact with even a single complete theory of mythicism (which alone renders the book useless, even were it free of error), that I have no choice but to condemn this thing as being nothing more than a sad murder of electrons and trees."

http://vridar.wordpress.com/2012/04/20/richar...
Mysterious

New York, NY

#75696 Dec 3, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
"Having completed and fully annotated Ehrman’s new book Did Jesus Exist? The Historical Argument for Jesus of Nazareth, I can officially say it is filled with factual errors, logical fallacies, and badly worded arguments. Moreover, it completely fails at its one explicit task: to effectively critique the arguments for Jesus being a mythical person. Lousy with errors and failing even at the one useful thing it could have done, this is not a book I can recommend.
It is for all the reasons documented in this article (which are again just a sample of many other errors of like kind, from false claims, to illogical arguments, to self-contradictions, to misrepresentations of his opponents, to errors of omission), especially this book’s complete failure to interact with even a single complete theory of mythicism (which alone renders the book useless, even were it free of error), that I have no choice but to condemn this thing as being nothing more than a sad murder of electrons and trees."
Why don't you just admit that you don't *want* Jesus to have existed? It's a more respectable approach than what you're currently doing. You're making yourself look foolish.
Mysterious

New York, NY

#75697 Dec 3, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
i am currently reading Bart Ehrman's,''Did Jesus Exist?'' Ehrman defines himself as an agnostic leaning towards atheism. Does not paint a very flattering review of Murdock and Christ mythers. Especially Murdock's work which is a joke in the scholar community.
I just returned that book to the library. It's funny that an agnostic who leans towards atheism even disembowels her work. It shows just how wrong she is at the academic level.
alannis jimenez

United States

#75698 Dec 3, 2012
i think that jesus is ral and i will always belive in him beacuse with out him we wouldnt be on this earth right now
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75699 Dec 3, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You really should stop reading your own posts, you dangerously delusional nutcase!
The facts are indisputable:
You have been busted by your never ending lies.

"What caused the big bang? One might consider some supernatural force or one might prefer to regard the big bang as an event with out a cause. It seems to me that we don’t have too much choice. Either something outside of the physical world... or an event without a cause."
Physicist P. C. W. Davies , theoretical physicist and cosmologist

"When you read or hear anything about the birth of the universe, someone is making it up — we are in the realm of philosophy. Only God knows what happened at the very beginning."
Nobel Prize winning physicist Dr. Leon Lederman, Director Emeritus of Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory,

"In my view, the question of origin seems to be left unanswered if we explore from a scientific view alone. Thus, I believe there is a need for some religious or metaphysical explanation. I believe in the concept of God and in His existence."
Charles Townes, Nobel Prize winner. Engineer, Scientist, and Co-Inventor of the Laser.

"Why nature is mathematical is a mystery...The fact that there are rules at all is a kind of miracle."
Richard Feynman, Nobel Prize winner for quantum electrodynamics
The Meaning of It All: Thoughts of a Citizen-Scientist (New York: BasicBooks, 1998), 43.

“For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries.…
the astronomical evidence leads to a biblical view of the origin of the world. The details differ, but the essential elements in the astronomical and biblical accounts of Genesis are the same: the chain of events leading to man commenced suddenly and sharply at a definite moment in time, in a flash of light and energy."
Prof. Robert Jastrow ,(1925-2008) Columbia Univ, A.B., A.M and Ph.D. in theoretical physics, Founding director of NASA's Goddard Institute for Space Studies, Professor of Earth Sciences at Dartmouth College, Founder and Chairman Emeritus of the George C. Marshall Institute, Director Emeritus of Mount Wilson Observatory and Hale Solar Laboratory.

“The beginning seems to present insuperable difficulties unless we agree to look on it as frankly supernatural.”
Astrophysicist Arthur Eddington

“Certainly there was something that set it off. Certainly, if you’re religious, I can’t think of a better theory of the origin of the universe to match with Genesis.”
Robert Wilson—co-discoverer of the Radiation Afterglow, which won him a Noble Prize in Physics

“There is no doubt that a parallel exists between the Big Bang as an event and the Christian notion of creation from nothing." Nobel Prize winner, George Smoot—co-discoverer of the Great Galaxy Seeds

"I believe that the Book of Nature with its astounding details, the blade of grass, the Conus cedonulli, or the resonance level of the carbon atom suggests a God of purpose and a God of design. And I think my belief makes me no less of a scientist."
Dr Owen Gingerich, Research Professor of Astronomy and of the History of Science at Harvard University and a senior astronomer emeritus at the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory.

"The exquisite order displayed by our scientific understanding of the physical world calls for the divine."
Vera Kistiakowski, Proffesor of Physics emirita at Massachusetts Institute of Technology Former president of the Association of Women in Science

"The best data we have is exactly what I would have predicted had I nothing to go on but the first five books of Moses , the Psalms and the Bible as a whole."
Arno Allen Penzias, American physicist and a co-winner of the 1978 Nobel Prize in physics.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75700 Dec 3, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
A life spent as a willing slave to a religious cult is a life wasted in ignorance, cowardice and intolerance.
In your case we have a life wasted as an idiot.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75701 Dec 3, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational adults understand that god, satan, heaven and hell are all myths created to control retarded and revolting azzholes like you who'd rather waste their absolutely pathetic lives as ignorant, cowardly and bigoted slaves to Dark Ages dogma than bravely accept their own mortality.
Atheism is a scourge on humanity. Atheism works the same magic wherever it rules in the world, regardless of skin color or clime. Ethiopia was ruled for a murderous interlude by the Marxist Derg, with predictably deadly results. The Red Terror claimed thousands of victims, including the Patriarch of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church, Abuna Theophilos, in 1977. State atheism is Murder Incorporated on steroids and it is infested with people that have the same attitude you do.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75702 Dec 3, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
It's highly unlikely you'll have an open mind, but there's always a chance that you'll be inspired to leave the Dark Ages behind and rejoin the modern world.
In contrast, it is highly unlikely that you have a working mind.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75703 Dec 3, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational adults understand that god, satan, heaven and hell are all myths created to control retarded and revolting azzholes like you who'd rather waste their absolutely pathetic lives as ignorant, cowardly and bigoted slaves to Dark Ages dogma than bravely accept their own mortality.

"Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God." -
Tom Stoppard

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#75704 Dec 3, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah i know them two may be feuding. So far Ehrman is respectful to Carrier who is the only academic in relevant field (PH. D. in classics from Columbia university, puts him in the ballpark, i would say Ehrman is more qualified) who is a Christ Myther and i certainly do not agree with Ehrman on most things but he is a scholar with 30+ years experience. He is an expert in the field. When you go to the dentist do you expect an expert dentst? If you have a house built do you go to your neighbor or an architect or your neighbor? My hat is off to you for bring up Carrier.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75705 Dec 3, 2012
Mysterious wrote:
Why don't you just admit that you don't *want* Jesus to have existed?
As a pathetically brainwashed godbot without a mind of your own, it's YOU who's making a complete ass of yourself, but you're too retarded to understand. The universe and life on earth had entirely natural origins and our planet was never inhabited by the son of a mythical character from a plagiarized work of fiction.

If you're going to read Barker's book then do so with an open mind and cease posting here. You'll learn how an evangelical preacher grew up and left the Dark Ages behind. You should also watch the following video and learn about the indoctrination tactics used to make you a world class ignoramus, kid.

Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75707 Dec 3, 2012
alannis jimenez wrote:
i think that jesus is ral and i will always belive in him beacuse with out him we wouldnt be on this earth right now
Life on earth began long before the Jesus myth was penned.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75708 Dec 3, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
You have been busted by your never ending lies.
Obviously, it's YOU who lacks the intellectual capacity to differentiate Christian pseudoscience and personal delusions from science. The Big Bang Theory is an entirely natural explanation for the origin of the universe and asinine quotes from fellow godbots don't change a thing, you delusional nutcase!
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75709 Dec 3, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
In your case we have a life wasted as an idiot.
The blind hypocrisy of the religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic godbot is displayed in topix on a daily basis. You've repeatedly demonstrated that you're one of the most dangerously delusional nutcases to ever post in this forum.

You'll simply waste your absolutely worthless life with the intellectual capacity of a mentally retarded child because you'd rather be a slave to Dark Ages dogma than accept your own mortality like a rational adult.

You're a typical Christian cultist. You're a gutless, spineless, weak-willed, lily-livered and death-denying coward and a menace to society, punk.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75710 Dec 3, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
Atheism is a scourge on humanity.
Wrong! Christian revisionist history isn't history. A theist, such as you, has been brainwashed to mindlessly adhere to a dogma-based indoctrination system. An anti-theist is opposed to all dogma-based indoctrination systems.

There's never been a need for the term atheist and anti-theism is the only humane position to hold in regards to theistic brainwashing. It's inevitable that there will be an international ban on theistic brainwashing which produces ignorant, cowardly and bigoted assholes like you with out any socially redeemable qualities, punk.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75711 Dec 3, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
In contrast, it is highly unlikely that you have a working mind.
Once again, you demonstrate the blind hypocrisy of the religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic godbot. Numerous studies have confirmed the common sense observation that religious brainwashing retards intellectual development.

The world's most intelligent and educated people are the least religious. The world's least intelligent and uneducated are the most religious.

The godbot, such as you, who's so pathetically brainwashed to be incapable of grasping historical and scientific evidence in contradiction to their programming is a national embarrassment and an outright disgrace to the human race that should be institutionalized for the rest of their absolutely worthless lives, punk.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75712 Dec 3, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
"Atheism is a crutch for those who cannot bear the reality of God." - Tom Stoppard
Organized religion is for blissfully ignorant cowards like you who can't cope with life without the inane delusions of an imaginary father figure in the sky and an afterlife fantasyland for delusional nutcases like you, punk.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min daddieslover 739,727
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 4 min abcd 865
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min New Age Spiritual... 542,821
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Dave Nelson 227,648
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 12 min yon 3,122
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min HipGnozizzz 173,714
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min blck Thndr 42 601,125
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 1 hr ms simmer 153
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Insults Are Easier 259,597

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••