downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#75670 Dec 2, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I would call it the watchmakers fallacy
Your god belief is contingent upon abiogenisis?
abiogenisis is an hypothesis. But. Life is very much less fragile that you would depict it.
are snowflakes and mineral crystals designed by your god?
If I found a Ferrari, I would know it was not your god, your god designed humans, what a fuck-up
but then again, he gets everything wrong, everything he does turns into a pile of chite and he needs erase it and start over.
Looks like he picked you as his spokesman, typical kind of decision by him.
Got a natural explanation for the Big Bang?

No?

Science of the gaps again?

"When you read or hear anything about the birth of the universe, someone is making it up we are in the realm of philosophy. Only God knows what happened at the very beginning."
Nobel Prize winning physicist Dr. Leon Lederman, Director Emeritus of Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory,
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75671 Dec 2, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
More redundant psycho babble from the resident retard.
You really should stop reading your own posts, you dangerously delusional nutcase!

The facts are indisputable:

It's never been rational to believe the universe was created by design because there's never been a single scientific observation in support of such a juvenile hypothesis.

It's never been more irrational to believe the universe was created by design because science continues to unravel mysteries and all of the evidence fully supports an entirely natural origin.

It's also never been more dangerous to be in a cult with violence and hatred inciting dogma on a world with weapons of mass destruction.

It's inevitable that there will be an international ban on the abomination known as organized religion. Retarded and revolting piles of shit like you will just have to learn to live without your self-degrading delusions of an imaginary spaceman and afterlife paradise for slaves to Dark Ages dogma.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75672 Dec 2, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
You and Murdock have a lot in common, you both write fiction but at least she gets paid to do it.
In actual fact, Murdock has done a superb job of exposing the damn bible as a plagiarized work of fiction that only a brainwashed imbecile like you would believe was divinely inspired.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75673 Dec 2, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
Loftus needs a history lesson.
Once again, you're wrong. It's YOU who needs to take your head out of your ass and learn to differentiate Christian revisionist history from history and Christian pseudoscience from science.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75674 Dec 2, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
science of the gaps
The blind hypocrisy of the religiously retarded imbecilic sociopathic godbot never cease to amaze. There's no scientific evidence in support of the childish creation myth. It's YOU who worships a god of the gaps and the gaps for your imaginary friend are continuing to shrink, you dangerously delusional nutcase!
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75675 Dec 2, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
Got a natural explanation for the Big Bang?
The Big Bang Theory is a scientific theory that describes an entirely natural origin for the universe. You're a world class ignoramus making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum and belong in an insane asylum, you dangerously delusional nutcase.
Mysterious

New York, NY

#75676 Dec 2, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
John W. Loftus on Michael Licona (pt 2):
What we have at best are second-hand testimonies filtered through the gospel writers. With the possible exception of Paul who claimed to have experienced the resurrected Jesus in what is surely a visionary experience (so we read in Acts 26:19, cf. II Cor. 12:1-6; Rev. 1:10-3:21--although he didn't actually see Jesus, Acts 9:4-8; 22:7-11; 26:13-14), everything we're told comes from someone who was not an eyewitness. This is hearsay evidence, at best. Everything we read in the gospels depends entirely on authors who were not there and did not see any of it for themselves from manuscripts that date in the 4th century CE from a Church that had no problems in lying with forged texts (seen best in "The Donation of Constantine"). Let that sink in.
Despite the fact that Licona's book purports to be historiographical in nature it is not, not by a long shot. A historian qua historian would never conclude from the paucity of evidence that Jesus resurrected from the grave. It is not possible. Only a theologian could conclude this. If someone claimed he levitated we would need more than his word to believe him. If we read in an ancient text that someone levitated we have the added problem of verifying such a thing since we cannot personally interrogate him. Almost all of the important questions we have go unanswered. This book offers nothing more than a bait and switch, where it purports to show a historian can conclude Jesus resurrected, but in the end it's a theologian's perspective that comes from someone who was raised to believe in a Christian culture and now defends what he was raised to believe. For the only people who can accept Licona's conclusion are believers like him who were raised to believe in a God who did this kind of miracle, and that's it.
It is a massive book though, and there is much to learn from it. I would give it five stars for research, but the bait and switch methodology does not allow me to do so since it's delusional on a grand scale.
How typical of you. You chickened out as usual. I challenged YOU to personally refute Mike Licona's work. All you gave me was a review by somebody who is stuck in the dark ages regarding historicity. I can refute anything Murdock says and I don't need the help of other apologists.

Have you ever thought on your own?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#75677 Dec 2, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact remains those God made humans you demean made the Ferrari and resorting to science of the gaps is a rather weak argument.
Harold Moskowitz, renowned physicist from Yale Univ, the author of the 1993 book The Origin of Cellular Life, puts the odds of any kind of random creation of life from non living matter at one in 10 to the billionth power. Since I can't even win the Lotto 52 weeks in a row, I'll go with a Creator God.
you love to quote mine and lie

you remind me of buck, take the loosing side in every debate, it is done to protect your ego, and do you ever have a lot to protect.

Your paraphrasing is inaccurate as is your math references.

but you are lousy at any kind of science, your best qualities are altered copy and paste and invective as debate.

oh and you represent a failed god

does it,,,

I mean, does it.....

get any better than that?

Location hidden

#75679 Dec 2, 2012
Mysterious wrote:
<quoted text>
How typical of you. You chickened out as usual. I challenged YOU to personally refute Mike Licona's work. All you gave me was a review by somebody who is stuck in the dark ages regarding historicity. I can refute anything Murdock says and I don't need the help of other apologists.
Have you ever thought on your own?
what the hell you talkin about rube?

he destroyed your guy
Mysterious

New York, NY

#75680 Dec 2, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
what the hell you talkin about rube?
he destroyed your guy
He did? Well if you call posting somebody's review (a bad one at that)destroying (my guy) then you need to learn something about how to refute an argument. We're always going to win, you're always going to lose. It's just that simple. Now are you gonna put up or shut up? Like I told your buddy; learn how to stay out of adult conversations unless you can learn how to conduct yourself appropriately. Leave the thinking to us. We're better at it.

“Love much, trust none”

Since: Jul 11

There

#75681 Dec 2, 2012
Michael Licona of the Houston Baptist University

Just another Clown College graduate.
Minister C

Moreno Valley, CA

#75682 Dec 2, 2012
There is one thing that is for sure no matter if you believe or not in the Christ who is Jesus. We are all going to die and find out if heaven and hell are real, and if Jesus is the righteous judge whom is going to have the last say concerning where you are going to spend eternity. If burning in hell doesnt get your attention and convince you, nothing that could be said in a forum will.

blog.ministerc.us

Location hidden

#75683 Dec 2, 2012
Mysterious wrote:
<quoted text>
He did? Well if you call posting somebody's review (a bad one at that)destroying (my guy) then you need to learn something about how to refute an argument. We're always going to win, you're always going to lose. It's just that simple. Now are you gonna put up or shut up? Like I told your buddy; learn how to stay out of adult conversations unless you can learn how to conduct yourself appropriately. Leave the thinking to us. We're better at it.
you got nothin to threaten with boy

Location hidden

#75684 Dec 2, 2012
Minister C wrote:
There is one thing that is for sure no matter if you believe or not in the Christ who is Jesus. We are all going to die and find out if heaven and hell are real, and if Jesus is the righteous judge whom is going to have the last say concerning where you are going to spend eternity. If burning in hell doesnt get your attention and convince you, nothing that could be said in a forum will.
blog.ministerc.us
If there is a god who created us, then he gave me the gifts of intellect and skepticism, I do not intend to insult that god by refusing his gifts by forming a filthy belief such as you espouse.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75685 Dec 2, 2012
Mysterious wrote:
I can refute anything Murdock says
Once again, you're blind to your own self-righteous hypocrisy. It's YOU who's the religiously retarded imbecile addicted to Dark Ages dogma and only think what you've been programmed to think.

Although you may be able to find some honest mistakes in Murdock's work, you can't refute her work which is historically factual even if you're too retarded to comprehend.

In regards to Licona, his books are typical Christian apologist nonsense for death-denying cowards like you who lack the intellectual capacity to see through the bullshit.

Licona assumes failed hypotheses are real then builds an argument based on falsehoods. His book is nothing more than a mountain of bullshit.

I've challenged YOU to begin your journey back to the modern world and recommended Dan Barker's excellent book. The truth is you've chickened out which isn't the least bit surprising being that all Christians are chicken shit cowards.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75686 Dec 2, 2012
Minister C wrote:
If burning in hell doesnt get your attention and convince you, nothing that could be said in a forum will.
Rational adults understand that god, satan, heaven and hell are all myths created to control retarded and revolting azzholes like you who'd rather waste their absolutely pathetic lives as ignorant, cowardly and bigoted slaves to Dark Ages dogma than bravely accept their own mortality.

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#75687 Dec 3, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
People can follow the beliefs of atheism blindly and, instead of thinking for themselves, become brainwashed accepting the atheistic world view without ever questioning or open mindedly considering the alternatives. That might explain why about half of Americans brought up in non religious households turn to God/ religion as adults.Author John Updike wrote,
"Among the repulsions of atheism for me has been its drastic uninterestingness as an intellectual position. Where was the ingenuity, the ambiguity, the humanity (in the Harvard sense) of saying that the universe just happened to happen and that when we're dead we're dead? "
Yeah ~ waste of everything, really :)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#75688 Dec 3, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The myth Buster is busted once again. You can tell by the high rate of the foaming at the mouth.
I think he's too slow to foam LOL
Mysterious

New York, NY

#75689 Dec 3, 2012
G_O_D wrote:
Michael Licona of the Houston Baptist University
Just another Clown College graduate.
No, he isn't a graduate of Houston Baptist University. Dr. Michael Licona is a Professor at Houston Baptist University. He received his Doctorate from University of Pretoria in South Africa.
You would be far more credible if you learned the facts.
Mysterious

New York, NY

#75690 Dec 3, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you're blind to your own self-righteous hypocrisy. It's YOU who's the religiously retarded imbecile addicted to Dark Ages dogma and only think what you've been programmed to think.
Although you may be able to find some honest mistakes in Murdock's work, you can't refute her work which is historically factual even if you're too retarded to comprehend.
In regards to Licona, his books are typical Christian apologist nonsense for death-denying cowards like you who lack the intellectual capacity to see through the bullshit.
Licona assumes failed hypotheses are real then builds an argument based on falsehoods. His book is nothing more than a mountain of bullshit.
I've challenged YOU to begin your journey back to the modern world and recommended Dan Barker's excellent book. The truth is you've chickened out which isn't the least bit surprising being that all Christians are chicken shit cowards.
I've read Murdock's "Christ Conspiracy." Have you read anything by Licona? Or do you just read the reviews? I enjoy reading books by atheists. I learn how to avoid such a pitiful worldview. I'll read Barker's book. It will be full of holes, but I'll humor you and read it just the same. In fact I'm sure to finish the book in a state of howling laughter at the mistakes I'm sure to find. But I'll start it with an open mind. At least the table of contents is sure to be accurate. Beyond that, I have my doubts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hollywood Libtards dedicated to ASSIST in destr... 3 min Bev Jamison 10
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min KayMarie 542,854
Last Word + 2 6 min Bev Jamison 727
Only REAL LOOZERS don't love their mothers who ... 7 min Doctor REALITY 10
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 8 min Gordon 227,665
Louie Farrakahn leading millions straight to hell. 9 min Bev Jamison 16
Beauty comes in many COLORS 13 min Doctor REALITY 3
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 14 min Aura Mytha 739,755
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr bad bob 173,726
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 5 hr ms simmer 153

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••