Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75597 Nov 30, 2012
RN Student wrote:
Name one historian who believes that Jesus never existed
Definitive statements that are definitively wrong may boast your self-degrading cultist lifestyle, but you're just demonstrating your ignorance and cowardice, kid (checkout the bibliography):

http://rationalrevolution.net/articles/jesus_...

If the universe had been designed and this designer had a child then there would be overwhelming scientific evidence in support of design and a plethora of documents describing the designer's son every move.

There's absolutely no scientific evidence in support of design and the precious few documents supposedly describing the designer's son are blatant forgeries.

History books are updated as our knowledge of the past increases. All references to an historical Jesus will be removed in the decades ahead.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75598 Nov 30, 2012
RN Student wrote:
You don't know the first thing about being a behavioral healthcare provider so stop trying to play one on the internet.
Mothers don't need medical degrees to treat their children and rational adults don't need medical degrees to recognize mental illness in brainwashed godbots like you. You're certifiably insane and making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum isn't a substitute for the professional help you desperately need, kid.

http://www.addictionrecoveryguide.org/resourc...
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75599 Nov 30, 2012
Mysterious wrote:
No, it's you who is wrong. You didn't go to college did you?
Actually, it's YOU who's wrong. Of course, I have a college degree although I had the common sense to recognize organized religion as a hoax in grade school. You'll probably waste your entire pathetic life with the intellectual capacity of a mentally retarded child, but you don't the guts to accept irrefutable scientific and historical facts in contradiction to your programming.

Never ever forget that numerous studies have confirmed the common sense observation that religious brainwashing retards intellectual development. The world's most intelligent and educated people are the least religious. The world's least intelligent and uneducated are the most religious.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75600 Nov 30, 2012
Mysterious wrote:
Then why did you give me useless information? What was the purpose of telling me about your hiking group?
You're an especially dim-witted godbot. I shared with you that I occasionally hike with enlightened former Christian cultists so you'd understand that the ONLY enlightened Christian cultists are former Christian cultists.

I also advised you to become enlightened by browsing websites founded by former Christian cultists and reading books written by former Christian cultists to assist godbots like you in leaving the Dark Ages. It's obvious you have no desire to gain knowledge and return to the modern world.
Jeff

San Jose, CA

#75601 Nov 30, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an especially dim-witted godbot. I shared with you that I occasionally hike with enlightened former Christian cultists so you'd understand that the ONLY enlightened Christian cultists are former Christian cultists.
I also advised you to become enlightened by browsing websites founded by former Christian cultists and reading books written by former Christian cultists to assist godbots like you in leaving the Dark Ages. It's obvious you have no desire to gain knowledge and return to the modern world.
And what former Christian works should we read?

“Primum non nocere”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75602 Nov 30, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Mothers don't need medical degrees to treat their children and rational adults don't need medical degrees to recognize mental illness in brainwashed godbots like you. You're certifiably insane and making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum isn't a substitute for the professional help you desperately need, kid.
http://www.addictionrecoveryguide.org/resourc...
1. That page is for alcohol and drug addiction

2. It has a religious based programs and resources page just below the rational and secular resources page indicating both are equally viable treatment options for DRUGS and ALCOHOL.

Therefore this is an epic fail on your part. Stop trying to play health care provider and leave it to the people with actual training.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#75603 Nov 30, 2012
Liza wrote:
I think Jesus might have been a good person in his time. Today he is a monument to the stupidity of Christians. Just like Allah is and the rest of the so-called Gods are.
And as far as you, star, go ... you are just talking to yourself.
Star may be talking to herself, but her heart is in the right place. And you are also partially correct. Most of the people that call themselves "Christians" are acting stupidly. But there is nothing wrong with Jesus or his father or the Holy Spirit. The people are the problem. They are not understanding the Bible. They need a good Bible study.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75604 Nov 30, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Definitive statements that are definitively wrong may boast your self-degrading cultist lifestyle, but you're just demonstrating your ignorance and cowardice, kid (checkout the bibliography):
If the universe had been designed and this designer had a child then there would be overwhelming scientific evidence in support of design and a plethora of documents describing the designer's son every move.
There's absolutely no scientific evidence in support of design and the precious few documents supposedly describing the designer's son are blatant forgeries.
History books are updated as our knowledge of the past increases. All references to an historical Jesus will be removed in the decades ahead.
1. You still didn't cite any historian or institute of higher learning whom buys into this Christ myth crap.

2. The author basically rehashed Remsberg's list but just cut it down a bit.

Before I address these authors I need to enlighten you a bit on history. The historical Jesus was not some big superstar in his time, sure he was loved by his apostles, Mary Magdalene, and his family. However outside of that he was the son of a carpenter, Joseph was a nobody (as far as sociology goes in first century Judea) and being the son of a nobody makes you a nobody. So he had no social standing to be born into, he freely spoke out against the pharisees which got him labeled a apostate and a heretic, and Rome considered him a criminal guilty of sedition and when he was finally executed he was crucified which was the worst way you could die according to Roman justice.

So outside of his circle Jesus was called heretic, criminal. Now let us see why any of these contemporary historians would have any reason to mention such a person.

Justus of Tiberias. From what we can piece together on Justus his main area of expertise was most likely political profiles; however we cannot know for certain because we do not actually possess any of his works. We can tell by mention of other authors what two of his works were. One was of the Jewish antiquities war which Josephus was contemporary to and had nothing to do with Jesus and therefore there is no reason to write about him in this. The other work is a chronicle of the kings of Israel from the time of Moses to Agrippa II. Jesus may have been called king of the Jews but he was not of actual royal lineage so that Justus would write about him.

The silence of Philo of Alexandria means nothing since he probably didn't live long enough to see Christianity become a threat and make Jesus worthy of note; to report nothing about someone in your history was a typical means of oblique insult; and we know Philo at least never mentions Christianity either, so the silence about Jesus is hardly problematic.

Pliny the Elder wrote about issues of morality, now one could argue that it could directly relate to Christianity. Then again why did Pliny not mention countless other prominent moral teachers of his day such as Hillel and Shammai. Where are they in his work? They are not there. He also wrote volumes on writers, poets, artists, insects, etc.

to be continued...

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75605 Nov 30, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Seneca may have conceivably had reason to refer to Jesus; but considering his personal troubles with Nero it is doubtful that he would have had the interest or the time to do any work on the subject, and none of the works he wrote would have had the occasion to include Jesus. His Epistolae morales ad Lucilium are essays on ethics written for his friend Lucilius Junior, to whom he also addressed Quaestiones naturales, philosophical-rather than scientific-remarks about natural phenomena. The so-called Dialogi of Seneca include essays on anger, on divine providence, on Stoic impassivity, and on peace of soul.

Other moral essays have also survived, notably De elementia, on the duty of a ruler to be merciful, and De beneficiis, on the award and reception of favors. The Apocolocyntosis is a satire on the apotheosis of Claudius. The most influential of his works, at least in so far as European literature is concerned, were his tragedies. It is generally agreed that his plays were written for recitation and not for stage performance. Nine plays, based on Greek models, are accepted as his-Hercules Furens, Medea, Troades, Phaedra, Agamemnon, Oedipus, Hercules Oetaeus, Phoenissae, and Thyestes. A tenth, Octavia, is now ascribed to a later imitator.

Valerius Maximus wrote a book of anecdotes for orators around 30 AD. In other words, the ancient equivalent to one of those desktop Dilbert calendars. Where does Jesus belong in this?

Marcus Velleius Paterculus: The problem here is actually presented on the page. His coverage of history stops at 14 AD. Jesus would have only been 18, 12 years shy of the start of his ministry. Also his untitled historical work is the only surviving book (now lost, so we only have copies).

All you have presented is more intellectual dishonesty from more Christ mythers and no reputable historians or institutes of higher learning who are willing to push this swill. I noticed you haven't even tried and it doesn't surprise me as you won't find them.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75606 Nov 30, 2012
RN Student wrote:
Therefore this is an epic fail on your part.
Religion is an addiction not a lifestyle choice and you're mentally ill. Stop trying to rationalize your self-degrading cultist lifestyle and seek professional help immediately, kid.

“Winchester Model 1894”

Since: Apr 07

Roy, Washington

#75607 Nov 30, 2012
Man invented god so he would have someone/something to bitch and beg to. "God help me, God give me this/that" etc. How about you get off your lazy ass and go out and help yourself, if there is a god that's what he/she would want.

Obviously I'm not a religious person, but I would take my family to church every Sunday so they would have that experience. And what did we hear in church? "You're all sinners, repent or you will burn in hell,etc; btw, please leave a generous tythe in the offering plate" BS!!! No more church, we did bible studies at home. There are some beautiful chapters in the bible (Song of Soloman, etc) did we ever hear them? NO! it was always hell-fire and damnation. Scared the poo out of my kids.

I believe in myself, if there is a God, he will deal with me as he sees fit.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75608 Nov 30, 2012
Jeff wrote:
And what former Christian works should we read?
Here's a good place to start if you genuinely have a desire to learn:

http://www.amazon.com/Losing-Faith-From-Preac...

There is one word that can sum up the effect of this book for me: "powerful". Most of the books I have read about religion have been pro-religion and this is very different from the old "We need religion to fill the spiritual side of ourselves" claims they always make about it. These books produced a response from my heart, but this book produced a response from my mind. It makes the claim that there is no more evidence of God than there is of Zeus, or any other god that humans have created for their stability throughout history, and it is very effective in proving this claim. It is about time someone cries out for the intellectual awakening of people instead of one more emotional one.

Dan Barker was an evangelical minister and missionary who did everything from writing songs and skits for children to working with youth groups to preaching street sermons to adults. However, somewhere in the course of this career he began to be aware of the fact that his religious beliefs were in serious conflict from his intellectual knowledge about our scientific world.

This book brought many negative aspects of Christianity to light that had been completely ignored, conveinently explained away, or totally unknown to me in my super-religious past. I never realized the Bible was so anti-family and that the various qualities we attribute to God are so self-contradicting. It also further examined some parts of the Bible I had already wondered about, such as its blatant sexism and racism, and its inaccuracy in accordance to history, although I had been told by every preacher out there that it was correct.

If you are from a Christian religious background I can only imagine the response my little book review is illiciting, and I totally expect to receive self-righteous hate mail under the guise of loving Christianity. However, I completely understand, for if I had read a book review like this during my very devoutly religious stage, I would have felt the same way. All I can ask you to do is read the book for yourself. If you read it and disagree with my conclusions, that's great and there is no harm done. I think that if anyone can truthfully answer to themselves the questions that this book raises about religion and can still say that it is in accordance with what they feel is moral and intellectual, their faith will only be strenghtened. But if you have ever been able to sing along with good old Alanis "In the name of the father, the skeptic, and the son, I have one more stupid question..."- in other words, if you have had some doubts about religion that you would like to explore but have never known a way to do this, you will really appreciate this book. All I can say is that it totally changed my perception of religion and I was as strong a believer as anyone out there, having been in church since I was an infant and continuing it in my youth by going on many mission trips to foreign countries. I was not an atheist who picked up this book so that I could prove I was still right; I was actually a pretty strong Christian who was beginning to have some doubts, and when this book was offered to me by someone I had serious pre-conceived judgements about it and even started reading it with the desire to prove the guy totally wrong. I was sure everything he would say would be like "I don't believe in God because I want to do what I want and no one can tell me what to do." However, this book appealed to my mind as well as my sense of moral rightness, and although I started page one with a preconception that it was totally offbase, I finished it with a strong "Amen, Amen. Finally a book about religion makes totally sense!"
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75609 Nov 30, 2012
Keikihipa wrote:
Most of the people that call themselves "Christians" are acting stupidly.
Correction: ALL of the brainwashed godbots that call themselves "Christians" are acting stupidity.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75610 Nov 30, 2012
RN Student wrote:
I need to enlighten you a bit on history.
Unfortunately, you lack the intellectual capacity to differentiate Christian mythology from history. You're continuing to prove that you're certifiably insane and should be institutionalized immediately, kid.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

#75611 Nov 30, 2012
MPMARTIN wrote:
Scared the poo out of my kids.
You witnessed Christian brainwashing at its ugliest and you can see the results in these forums on a daily basis. This abomination will someday be internationally banned and the sooner the better.

There's no defense for scaring the shit out of little children into either worshiping an imaginary father figure in the sky and mindlessly accepting the personal prejudices of the terrestrial authors of the damn bible as being divinely inspired or spending a non-existent afterlife in a mythical place called hell.

Christian indoctrination requires both ignorance and cowardice, which is why this barbaric cult preys on little children and psychologically disturbed adults. Many brainwashed Christian godbots like RN Student have been completely milked of their free will and are too scared shitless of leaving the Dark Ages behind.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75612 Nov 30, 2012
RN Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Name
YOu mfn ignorant idgit!! You better go F your little man on the stick . You sit there playing in these jeebusa threads while hurricane hussein is out there destroying our country!!..
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/zieve/120...

You will be F'd in your RN pursuits.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75613 Nov 30, 2012
MPMARTIN wrote:
Man invented god
Most people need someone to look up to. Somme need Obama some need some sort of god.. And you, well, you need an old ancient relic of a winchester- a piece of crap, if you will.
Wut wrong, little fella? You not get my previous post to you? You Idgit!!
Mark Levin

Oakland, CA

#75614 Nov 30, 2012
Why don't you go take your argumnent up in person with some Wahabbi hmm? tell them that your god is real. well Gahead ..
RN Student wrote:
<quoted text>
1. You still didn't cite any historian or institute of higher learning whom buys into this Christ myth crap.
You know what will happen to you? They will cut your hands off and shove them up your arse and you'll get a handful of your own siht.
Mark Levin

Oakland, CA

#75615 Nov 30, 2012
MPMARTIN wrote:
Man
Hi again, lil fella. I just wanted to let a couple lil boo-hoos out for you and your tribe USM tribe...

http://www.chacha.com/question/how-many-ameri...

I told you!!..ObamaDontCare is what you will get!!
You will not have a nurse empty your colostomy bag. I'm sure you have some military buddies that have had their arse blown off that can attesrt to that.

http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2011/06/07/o...

YOu idgits that are out there thinking you are fighting "terrorism" better wake your arses up.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75616 Nov 30, 2012
ReligionMustDie wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu mfn ignorant idgit!! You better go F your little man on the stick . You sit there playing in these jeebusa threads while hurricane hussein is out there destroying our country!!..
http://www.renewamerica.com/columns/zieve/120...
You will be F'd in your RN pursuits.
Okay, so when did I speak to you so disrespectfully?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min BenAdam 809,693
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Naked Truth from ... 39,609
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min Gaza lives 121,333
concerned 19 min concerned22639 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min oxbow 574,070
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min Naked Truth from ... 608,194
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 47 min macumazahn 442,089
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr RADEKT 268,883
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 11 hr Coco 203
More from around the web