What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God)
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75573 Nov 29, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
You do not know how history works.
I see another one of topix's most stark raving mad insane lunatics has decided to visit this forum.

As a completely brainwashed godbot via Christian indoctrination with no mind or free will of your own, it's YOU who lacks the intellectual capacity to differentiate science and history from Christian pseudoscience and Christian revisionist history.

It's historical fact that the precious few historical documents written during the supposed life of the biblical Jesus are blatant forgeries.

“Primum non nocere”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75574 Nov 29, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I never made any such claim. Why are you death-denying cowardly Christian cultists such compulsive liars? The entire Josephus passage regarding your imaginary savior was forged likely by Church historian Eusebius during the fourth century not that a religiously retarded imbecile like you will ever accept that you've been brainwashed by a cult to believe otherwise.
Wrong! Scholars believe the interpolations to be scribal in nature. You'd know that if you educated yourself instead of relying on these Christ Mythers as your only source of information.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75575 Nov 29, 2012
Keikihipa wrote:
In reality, Jesus is NOT God, but God's son.
If either the universe or life on earth was created by design then there would be overwhelming evidence for the designer and design and absolutely none exists. There are thousands of documented deities and all of them are man-made myths.

Mythical characters even those with supernatural powers can't have children. A person lacking the capacity to differentiate between fantasy from reality is insane and you've just demonstrated that you're certifiably insane.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75576 Nov 29, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
If either the universe or life on earth was created by design then there would be overwhelming evidence for the designer and design and absolutely none exists. There are thousands of documented deities and all of them are man-made myths.
Mythical characters even those with supernatural powers can't have children. A person lacking the capacity to differentiate between fantasy from reality is insane and you've just demonstrated that you're certifiably insane.
Psychology does not view religion as a mental illness, in fact when I did my psych rotations when we discharged a patient from the unit we helped them develop a safety plan and included in that was being in contact with their church.

You have no idea how psychology works as you go about haphazardly labeling people on here, you're just playing doctor.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75577 Nov 29, 2012
RN Student wrote:
Psychology does not view religion as a mental illness
Religious addiction is indeed a mental illness and any psychologist who states otherwise is doing so out of fear of losing their job or to mask their own mental illness. Once again, you should cease making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum and seek professional help for your mental illness, kid.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75578 Nov 29, 2012
Amazingly, the question of an actual historical Jesus rarely confronts the religious believer. The power of faith has so forcefully driven the minds of most believers, and even apologetic scholars, that the question of reliable evidence gets obscured by tradition, religious subterfuge, and outrageous claims. The following gives a brief outlook about the claims of a historical Jesus and why the evidence the Christians present us cannot serve as justification for reliable evidence for a historical Jesus:

http://www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm

Belief cannot produce historical fact, and claims that come from nothing but hearsay do not amount to an honest attempt to get at the facts. Even with eyewitness accounts we must tread carefully. Simply because someone makes a claim, does not mean it represents reality. For example, consider some of the bogus claims that supposedly come from many eyewitness accounts of alien extraterrestrials and their space craft. They not only assert eyewitnesses but present blurry photos to boot! If we can question these accounts, then why should we not question claims that come from hearsay even more? Moreover, consider that the hearsay comes from ancient and unknown people that no longer live.

Unfortunately, belief and faith substitute as knowledge in many people's minds and nothing, even direct evidence thrust on the feet of their claims, could possibly change their minds. We have many stories, myths and beliefs of a Jesus but if we wish to establish the facts of history, we cannot even begin to put together a knowledgeable account without at least a few reliable eyewitness accounts.

Of course a historical Jesus may have existed, perhaps based loosely on a living human even though his actual history got lost, but this amounts to nothing but speculation. However we do have an abundance of evidence supporting the mythical evolution of Jesus. Virtually every detail in the gospel stories occurred in pagan and/or Hebrew stories, long before the advent of Christianity. We simply do not have a shred of evidence to determine the historicity of a Jesus "the Christ." We only have evidence for the belief of Jesus.

So if you hear anyone who claims to have evidence for a witness of a historical Jesus, simply ask for the author's birth date. Anyone whose birth occurred after an event cannot serve as an eyewitness, nor can their words alone serve as evidence for that event.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75579 Nov 29, 2012
http://www.facebook.com/Religion.is.a.Mental....

Seven reasons why religion is a form of mental illness:

(1) Hallucinations - the person has invisible friends who (s)he insists are real, and to whom (s)he speaks daily, even though nobody can actually see or hear these friends.

(2) Delusions - the patient believes that the invisible friends have magical powers to make them rich, cure cancer, bring about world peace, and will do so eventually if asked.

(3) Denial/Inability to learn - though the requests for world peace remain unanswered, even after hundreds of years, the patients persist with the praying behaviour, each time expecting different results.

(4) Inability to distinguish fantasy from reality - the beliefs are contingent upon ancient mythology being accepted as historical fact.

(5) Paranoia - the belief that anyone who does not share their supernatural concept of reality is "evil," "the devil," "an agent of Satan".

(6) Emotional abuse -­ religious concepts such as sin, hell, cause feelings of guilt, shame, fear, and other types of emotional "baggage" which can scar the psyche for life.

(7) Violence - many patients insist that others should share in their delusions, even to the extent of using violence.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75580 Nov 29, 2012
The existence of a historical Jesus is also not questioned by any historians nor will you see it question in any accademic setting.
Myth Buster wrote:
Amazingly, the question of an actual historical Jesus rarely confronts the religious believer. The power of faith has so forcefully driven the minds of most believers, and even apologetic scholars, that the question of reliable evidence gets obscured by tradition, religious subterfuge, and outrageous claims. The following gives a brief outlook about the claims of a historical Jesus and why the evidence the Christians present us cannot serve as justification for reliable evidence for a historical Jesus:
http://www.nobeliefs.com/exist.htm
Belief cannot produce historical fact, and claims that come from nothing but hearsay do not amount to an honest attempt to get at the facts. Even with eyewitness accounts we must tread carefully. Simply because someone makes a claim, does not mean it represents reality. For example, consider some of the bogus claims that supposedly come from many eyewitness accounts of alien extraterrestrials and their space craft. They not only assert eyewitnesses but present blurry photos to boot! If we can question these accounts, then why should we not question claims that come from hearsay even more? Moreover, consider that the hearsay comes from ancient and unknown people that no longer live.
Unfortunately, belief and faith substitute as knowledge in many people's minds and nothing, even direct evidence thrust on the feet of their claims, could possibly change their minds. We have many stories, myths and beliefs of a Jesus but if we wish to establish the facts of history, we cannot even begin to put together a knowledgeable account without at least a few reliable eyewitness accounts.
Of course a historical Jesus may have existed, perhaps based loosely on a living human even though his actual history got lost, but this amounts to nothing but speculation. However we do have an abundance of evidence supporting the mythical evolution of Jesus. Virtually every detail in the gospel stories occurred in pagan and/or Hebrew stories, long before the advent of Christianity. We simply do not have a shred of evidence to determine the historicity of a Jesus "the Christ." We only have evidence for the belief of Jesus.
So if you hear anyone who claims to have evidence for a witness of a historical Jesus, simply ask for the author's birth date. Anyone whose birth occurred after an event cannot serve as an eyewitness, nor can their words alone serve as evidence for that event.
Mysterious

Brooklyn, NY

#75581 Nov 29, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I never made any such claim. Why are you death-denying cowardly Christian cultists such compulsive liars? The entire Josephus passage regarding your imaginary savior was forged likely by Church historian Eusebius during the fourth century not that a religiously retarded imbecile like you will ever accept that you've been brainwashed by a cult to believe otherwise.
Oh yes you did! Here's the proof:

http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TAO9MUN...
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a member of two local hiking groups and one of these is a group of free thinkers. I'm probably one of the few members who was never in a cult. The first step most of the enlightened former cultists took was to think for themselves, which is something you've never done or you wouldn't still be a pathetically brainwashed godbot.
I could provide you with resources, but it would be best for you to seek the truth not from Christian revisionist websites, but from websites founded by enlightened former Christian cultists or books written by enlightened former Christian cultists. No one can make a godbot think for themselves.
Your implication here is that this group of "free thinking" hikers are your sources. I asked you what your sources were and this is how you answered. So if this group of wandering geniuses are your sources, this explains your problem. You have found people who agree with you and you're all lost together. Enjoy the hike back to reality. It should be interesting.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75582 Nov 29, 2012
Yeah, well.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah ~ the whole world knows that, look at all the trouble you are having up there!!
Religion is rampant in Israel and the rest of the middle east.
Our problem here in the states is directly related to the Democrats and the Filthy , filthy liberals and their rotten mind poisoning BS.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75583 Nov 29, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a wonderful Thanksgiving as I hope you did too. Tis hard for me to imagine you not eating healthy - I've always held the vision of you running with your dogs and biking the trails -- training your mind to stand strong and vigilant since the first day I met you way back in the early days in here LOL -- You've held a firm grip here my friend --
I like the re: me ole granny -- somehow that lets me know there is a little bit of me tucked within your heart and with that my faith is tucked in as well.
O:K I'm going to settle back in the seat here and enjoy the rest of the journey - It's nice to know your still here Remudi - there are a lot of rough riders these days that like to step on granny toes -- I'll just send them to you -- make em shovel coal o;k LOL -- TLC - Granny/Judy
Well Ima glad you enjoyed your TG . Now I hope you enjoyed your Black Friday, small business Saturday and your Cyber Monday.
Maself, Ima savin' my ching for White Wednesday at White Front, howdat,,hmm? I break bread then.
Lookin like Obama is the conductor of this train-The obama Express- and we are headed at a high rate of speed and non stop straight to Hell.

I for got mah Cookies!!.. I do have my Bacon explosion rolls in muh puirse though!! Maybe we blow the tracks under this sucka!! Wut you think muh deah ole Granny?
Take care and be well.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75584 Nov 29, 2012
Old School Granny wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a wonderful Thanksgiving as I hope you did too. Tis hard for me to imagine you not eating healthy
I eat good Granny, but I don't force my ways on other people like the Obama Regime does. Example: Stuff my self with hamburgers and french fries and at the same time, force another eating way on everyone else. I would never have my kids subside on roast beef and gravy, pie, taters and so forth and then force all other kids to eat greens and beans.
God damn Millions of illegals, voting fraud and ignorants are what got that person back into office!! Uhh Granny what do u think about women as ground pounders in the Military? Geezz!! I am about to have a stroke!!
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75585 Nov 29, 2012
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>hahaha..... I guess we have Googled much written by each other, LOL, I didn't even know what an avatar was :)
Happy Thanksgiving old friend, and give your doggies a scratch from me!!
:)
Will do. You too. Take care Serah.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75586 Nov 29, 2012
Just Wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey RMD,
Glad you're happy! Happy Turkey day to you, hope all is well with you and pups. Our little chihuahua has turned into a spoiled little monster. Not an ankle biter tho, he's a friendly little guy, can't leave him in a vehicle unless it's locked. Seems peeps like to kidnap these little guys.
Must go, on a friends computer, if you see Serah, give her a shout from me?
Peace and punkins
Belated Happy TG to you too, JW.
"peeps" are trying to kidanp everything these days. Some Ahole pulled a gun on me the other day wanting money, the punk. Right on the main street about 5:00. The little black boy couldn't have been more than 15-16 years old.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

#75588 Nov 29, 2012
HOw about banning coca-cola and making pot legal. Much better!!
This country has gone to siht!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#75589 Nov 29, 2012
star wrote:
i think God is my best friend and i can talk to Him about ANYTHING.
Good answer and I was born in Sherman TX. I was in Sherman when I first found out that Jesus is not God, but his son. That was about 50 years ago.
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

#75590 Nov 29, 2012
RN Student wrote:
The existence of a historical Jesus is also not questioned by any historians nor will you see it question in any accademic setting.
100% Wrong! It's historical fact that the biblical Jesus never existed. You've been had by the greatest hoax of all time and need professional help, kid.
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

#75591 Nov 29, 2012
Mysterious wrote:
Oh yes you did!
I neither stated nor implied that my sources were local hikers. Your reading comprehension skills are abysmal. I suggested you seek info from books written by enlightened former Christian cultists or browse websites prepared by enlightened former Christian cultists although I sincerely doubt someone as religiously retarded as you has any chance at being successfully de-converted without being institutionalized.
Myth Buster

Glendale, AZ

#75592 Nov 29, 2012
Keikihipa wrote:
I was in Sherman when I first found out that Jesus is not God, but his son.
The real question is when are you going to grow up and learn to differentiate between fantasy and reality.
Mysterious

Brooklyn, NY

#75593 Nov 29, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
100% Wrong! It's historical fact that the biblical Jesus never existed. You've been had by the greatest hoax of all time and need professional help, kid.
No, it's you who is wrong. You didn't go to college did you?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Alt Right Lies 7,961
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 10 min waaasssuuup 123,925
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Anthony MN 681,981
News Can Americans trust the daily news? (Feb '15) 30 min AmPieJam UncleSam 3
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 34 min onemales mother 286,499
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr waaasssuuup 982,382
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr lil whispers 619,467
More from around the web