What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God)
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75495 Nov 25, 2012
RN Student wrote:
Horus wasn't any kind of savior, he also never died and certainly never was crucified or resurrected.
No mythical character, including the biblical Jesus, ever lived to be crucified or resurrected. You still lack the intellectual capacity to understand the meaning of the word amalgamation, kid.

Christ in Egypt is a meticulously researched 600 page book with a lengthy discussion of primary sources. I'm certainly not going to copy and paste the text of Murdock's book here, which you don't have the guts to read objectively anyway.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75496 Nov 25, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
Go ahead. Give it a shot. If you can.
Although it's beyond your limited intellectual capacity to understand, organized religion is a hoax created by nefarious opportunists to gain power over the retarded like you. A sane person can differentiate between fictional non-fictional figures and events. You're certifiably insane and lack this capacity.

“Primum non nocere”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75497 Nov 25, 2012
You fail at any meaningful rebuttal again as you can't cite one primary source that supports Murdock's claims about Horus. You do however seem to keep reciting the reviews about the book in your insecurity almost as if you were quoting a type of scripture. Found your own religion have you?

Speaking of which, I was musing last night how Murdock supposedly has all these primary sources that only she has access to and seems unwilling to share. Kind of reminds me of Joseph Smith and the founding of Mormonism LOL.
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
No mythical character, including the biblical Jesus, ever lived to be crucified or resurrected. You still lack the intellectual capacity to understand the meaning of the word amalgamation, kid.
Christ in Egypt is a meticulously researched 600 page book with a lengthy discussion of primary sources. I'm certainly not going to copy and paste the text of Murdock's book here, which you don't have the guts to read objectively anyway.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75498 Nov 25, 2012
RN Student wrote:
You fail at any meaningful rebuttal again as you can't cite one primary source that supports Murdock's claims about Horus.
Once again, you've been provided with primary sources used by Murdock in Christ in Egypt. It's YOU who has failed to discredit Murdock and many others who have told the undeniable truth about the greatest lie ever told.

In fact, the barbaric founders of the Christian cult failed to completely obliterate all of the primary sources which clearly demonstrate that there's little original or historical about Christianity.

Of course, you'd rather "muse" about Murdock than actually read her books because you'd actually become enlightened and a death-denying coward like you can't handle the reality of your own mortality, kid.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#75499 Nov 25, 2012
RN Student wrote:
You fail at any meaningful rebuttal again as you can't cite one primary source that supports Murdock's claims about Horus. You do however seem to keep reciting the reviews about the book in your insecurity almost as if you were quoting a type of scripture. Found your own religion have you?
Speaking of which, I was musing last night how Murdock supposedly has all these primary sources that only she has access to and seems unwilling to share. Kind of reminds me of Joseph Smith and the founding of Mormonism LOL.
<quoted text>
You notice he hasn't answered any of our questions head on. He can't,
and he knows it. That's why he's reduced to calling names. I know he can't answer my questions.

Location hidden

#75500 Nov 25, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you've been provided with primary sources used by Murdock in Christ in Egypt. It's YOU who has failed to discredit Murdock and many others who have told the undeniable truth about the greatest lie ever told.
In fact, the barbaric founders of the Christian cult failed to completely obliterate all of the primary sources which clearly demonstrate that there's little original or historical about Christianity.
Of course, you'd rather "muse" about Murdock than actually read her books because you'd actually become enlightened and a death-denying coward like you can't handle the reality of your own mortality, kid.
Dude, I've read her book. I've read Dawkins, Harris, and Hitchens too. Do you know why I read them? To see what they're saying. I consider what they say with an open mind. Ya know what I have found?

1- They're all intelligent in their professions. Won't deny that.

2- They're all clueless when it comes to Christianity.

3- Murdock is a hack. Dawkins is clueless when it comes to Christianity, but he's at least 5 times smarter than Murdock.

The fact that you cling to Murdock so dogmatically says something about your own intelligence. You place a lot of FAITH in what she says.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75501 Nov 25, 2012
They're all clueless when it comes to Christianity.
Rational adults have no need to cling to D. M. Murdock or any other author. In fact, we're far more interested in science than mythology although it's important to learn form past mistakes, which is far beyond the limited intellectual capacity of certifiably insane godbots like you.

By definition, all Christians are clueless about Christianity. The ONLY enlightened Christians are ex-Christians who understand that all organized religion is a hoax. You're so dangerously delusional that you'll need to be institutionalized for any chance at becoming successfully de-converted.

Religious cultists like you and RN Student would learn about the indoctrination tactics used to convert humans into human-in-name-only godbots by watching the incomparable Derren Brown:

Location hidden

#75502 Nov 25, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational adults have no need to cling to D. M. Murdock or any other author. In fact, we're far more interested in science than mythology although it's important to learn form past mistakes, which is far beyond the limited intellectual capacity of certifiably insane godbots like you.
By definition, all Christians are clueless about Christianity. The ONLY enlightened Christians are ex-Christians who understand that all organized religion is a hoax. You're so dangerously delusional that you'll need to be institutionalized for any chance at becoming successfully de-converted.
Religious cultists like you and RN Student would learn about the indoctrination tactics used to convert humans into human-in-name-only godbots by watching the incomparable Derren Brown:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LksVbHxLRvYXX
How come you keep dodging my questions coward? I'll take on any question you have and answer it soundly. You can't say the same.

You still haven't answered my question. What's the matter? Afraid to engage in intelligent dialogue? Or just too lazy?

Location hidden

#75503 Nov 25, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Rational adults have no need to cling to D. M. Murdock or any other author.
Oh really? Then why do you keep using her or Darren Brown or other atheist (idiot) sources instead of thinking for yourself?

You're a lying coward. And YOU KNOW IT.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75504 Nov 25, 2012
Afraid to engage in intelligent dialogue?
You're username is Resurrectionologist and you're a stark raving mad insane lunatic making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum. You mistake your blissful ignorance as intelligence and personal delusions as spiritual experiences.

In reality, there are no valid rationalizations for a self-degrading cultist lifestyle and the world's biggest cowards like you are perfectly willing to waste away their entire pathetic lives as slaves to thoroughly discredited and utterly ridiculous Dark Ages dogma in exchange for the inane delusion of an afterlife fantasyland.

You're both a national embarrassment and an outright disgrace to the human race without a single socially redeemable quality and that's the honest truth.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75505 Nov 25, 2012
Oh really?
I provide various de-converion resources to brainwashed godbots like you because there's no one right way to leave the Dark Ages behind and return to the modern world. Former enlightened Christian cultists have accepted the scientific, historical and medical evidence in contradiction to their programming and grown up. You're obviously far too feeble-minded and weak-willed to acknowledge that religious addiction is a mental illness not a lifestyle choice and seek the professional help you desperately need.

Derren Brown is brilliant at exposing charlatans so it's perfectly understandable that a death-denying coward like you has contempt for him and other rational adults for exposing the greatest lie ever told. If you hadn't been completely milked of your free will then his fascinating BBC specials would inspire you to escape your cult.

As a death-denying cowardly Christian cultist, you lie to yourself on a daily basis to rationalize your self-degrading cultist lifestyle because you don't have the guts to accept your own mortality like a rational adult. Never ever forget that rational adults see right through the inane delusions of religiously retarded imbecilic sociopaths like you.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75506 Nov 25, 2012
Let's see what some real historians have to say about these copycat theories:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Pay exceptional attention to the end of the last video as there are correspondences between the speaker and various Egyptologists from around the world who correct Murdock's claims that were made in Zeitgeist (she was the chief consultant for the first portion of the film)

I have experts with terminal degrees and a primary source refuting Murdock's work. Let's examine what you provided:

http://www.truthbeknown.com/horus.html#.ULL47...

She cites

Her own book: Suns of God: Krishna, Buddha and Christ Unveiled.

The Story of Religious Controversy, McCabe Joseph

Macrobius: Didn't cite a specific work on her point so it makes it really hard to track down what she is referencing. This is sloppy scholarship or deliberate subterfuge. Macrobius lived in the early 5th century Rome...not a primary source. We are looking for a Egyptian text.

Chronicon Paschale (she mentions it as the Paschal Chronicle) but doesn't cite the specific section of the text. Either way this is seventh century Greek text.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronicon_Pascha...

I find it interesting however that in this entry that it says absolutely noting of containing anything having to do with Egyptian mythology contained within it's texts. Certainly worth looking into I think and if indeed there are no mentions of our ancient friends in this text then this could certainly spell more falsehoods on the part of Murdock.

She next cites the Chronicon Paschale as it is known as the Chronicles of Alexandria. Why can she not stick to one title for the same document?

Next she cites her own book: Christ in Egypt: The Horus-Jesus Connection

She quotes (or perhaps misquotes as I will have to double check everything she has to say because I trust her less than I can throw her) Epiphanius of Salamis a 4th century Bishop.

She also cites Joseph Campbell, a 20th century mythologist. Still no primary sources.

She gravely misquotes Plutarch, he lived in the mid first century/early second. She tried to say Horus the child was also known as Harpocrates. First of all this is clearly a Greek name and if you check the Greek pantheon you will find Harpocrates to be the Greek god of silence. How could she get this wrong unless she was being intentionally dishonest?

She also references an inscription at Edfu however she provides no pictures or further information on the inscritption. I could say there was a Egyptian inscription of the Energizer bunny but if I don't have any evidence of it it's kind of a moot point.

In a reference to Dr. Gerald Hawkins (a English astronomer, hardly a historian and hardly a primary source) she states that Sokar is the reborn sun...I think she is a bit confused on who the sun gig was assigned to: Ra. Sokar, or Seker we really aren't sure about him as to his ultimate purpose, perhaps assisting in transit to the underworld. Egyptologists don't have enough texts to be sure.

Needless to say none of her sources she cites date back further than the first century and none are certainly primary sources.

So, no primary sources on the page you gave me, what else do you have?
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75507 Nov 26, 2012
RN Student wrote:
I have experts with terminal degrees and a primary source refuting Murdock's work.
In actual fact, there were primary sources on the web page provided for you and D. M. Murdock discusses them in her book. Historical facts can't be refuted by lying Christians.

Religious cults with imaginary saviors existed for thousands of years before the abomination known as Christianity was founded. Christianity is a derivative religious cult with an imaginary savior.

All of the scientific evidence fully supports entirely natural origins for the universe and life on earth. There has never been a single scientific observation in the history of the human race in support of the juvenile concepts of mythical deities or afterlife fantasy-lands. Organized religion is a cruel and dangerous hoax.

You're a member of a death-denying hate cult making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum with your absolutely pathetic attempts at rationalizing your self-degrading cultist lifestyle. You're certifiably insane and need professional help, kid.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75508 Nov 26, 2012
I figured thats all you had.
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
In actual fact, there were primary sources on the web page provided for you and D. M. Murdock discusses them in her book. Historical facts can't be refuted by lying Christians.
Religious cults with imaginary saviors existed for thousands of years before the abomination known as Christianity was founded. Christianity is a derivative religious cult with an imaginary savior.
All of the scientific evidence fully supports entirely natural origins for the universe and life on earth. There has never been a single scientific observation in the history of the human race in support of the juvenile concepts of mythical deities or afterlife fantasy-lands. Organized religion is a cruel and dangerous hoax.
You're a member of a death-denying hate cult making a complete ass of yourself on an international forum with your absolutely pathetic attempts at rationalizing your self-degrading cultist lifestyle. You're certifiably insane and need professional help, kid.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75509 Nov 26, 2012
RN Student wrote:
I figured thats all you had.
The undeniable truth is you're a death-denying coward who'll never be man enough to live without your inane delusions of an imaginary father figure in the sky and an afterlife fantasy-land for ignorant, cowardly and bigoted slaves to unconscionable dogma.

As a religiously retarded redneck KNOWINGLY leading a self-degrading cultist lifestyle purely for narcissistic reasons, you're both a national embarrassment and an outright disgrace to the human race, kid.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75510 Nov 26, 2012
::yawn::
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
The undeniable truth is you're a death-denying coward who'll never be man enough to live without your inane delusions of an imaginary father figure in the sky and an afterlife fantasy-land for ignorant, cowardly and bigoted slaves to unconscionable dogma.
As a religiously retarded redneck KNOWINGLY leading a self-degrading cultist lifestyle purely for narcissistic reasons, you're both a national embarrassment and an outright disgrace to the human race, kid.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75511 Nov 26, 2012
RN Student wrote:
::yawn::
The absolutely pathetically rationalizations of death-denying cowardly Christian cultists like you when modern science has for all intents and purposes ruled out any supernatural involvement in the origins of the universe and life on earth are tiresome indeed. Grow up, kid!

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75512 Nov 26, 2012
Wow, even the Rational Response Squad says she is a hack:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/problems_wi...

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75513 Nov 26, 2012
More rational responders calling her out:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/13570

Now why would atheists be saying this stuff? Are they really Christian liars in disguise denouncing God before everyone and andvancing Atheism just so they can take a jab at Murdock? BTW if you really believe that you should seek help because that would be a huge paranoid delusion.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75514 Nov 26, 2012
RN Student wrote:
Wow, even the Rational Response Squad says she is a hack
Murdock has written five books and there are probably errors in each book because many of the documents plagiarized in assembling the damn bible were destroyed by the barbarians who founded the Christian cult.

Unfortunately for death-denying cowardly Christian cultists like you, a few errors don't prove the existence of your imaginary savior. Once again, the precious few documents supposedly in support of the biblical Jesus are blatant forgeries:

http://www.rationalresponders.com/forum/2889

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Meghan Markle Bring Down the Royals? 5 min Johnny 4
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 7 min Julia 79,677
Bill Cosby guilty on all 3 charges. 19 min Johnny 43
Judas Iscariot and Mark Fuhrman 19 min BILLION HEIR 39
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 25 min Dang Jersey Piney 448,385
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 47 min waaasssuuup 701,473
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 58 min Tony 6,865
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Dang Jersey Piney 995,752