What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God)

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#75419 Nov 23, 2012
Resurrectionologist wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh he won't. He can't. His options are either ignore or reply with insults. You should have seen some of his meltdowns on other threads!
I've seen 'em......

#75420 Nov 23, 2012
RN Student wrote:
<quoted text>
The only thing she cites is other Christ mythers and herself. Look up the part where Horus was supposed to be born of a Virgin, what Egyptian text did she get that from?
***Francis Sellers Collins (born April 14, 1950), is an American physician-geneticist noted for his discoveries of disease genes and his leadership of the Human Genome Project (HGP). He currently serves as Director of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Prior to being appointed Director, he was the founder and president of the BioLogos Foundation, an organization which promotes discourse on the relationship between science and religion and advocates the perspective that belief in Christianity can be reconciled with acceptance of evolution and science.[1] Collins also wrote the New York Times bestseller, The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief, which discusses Collins' conversion from atheism to Christianity, evaluates the evidence for Christianity, and argues for theistic evolution.[2] In 2009 Pope Benedict XVI appointed Collins to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Collins ***

Why would we believe intelligent scientists like Francis Collins when we have people like you and PA promoting something else. Not sure what you are promoting ~ probably the big bang theory; something that makes us laugh LOL

“Primum non nocere”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#75421 Nov 23, 2012
I am promoting a historical Jesus of Nazareth who was quite the real person who lived in the first century. If people want to debate his divinity that is fine, that is in the scholarly realm... they do it all the time; however he was not made up based on pagan deities or any of these other crackpot Christ myth conspiracy theorists try to push so in short I suppose I'm promoting the truth.
Serah wrote:
<quoted text>
***Francis Sellers Collins (born April 14, 1950), is an American physician-geneticist noted for his discoveries of disease genes and his leadership of the Human Genome Project (HGP). He currently serves as Director of the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland. Prior to being appointed Director, he was the founder and president of the BioLogos Foundation, an organization which promotes discourse on the relationship between science and religion and advocates the perspective that belief in Christianity can be reconciled with acceptance of evolution and science.[1] Collins also wrote the New York Times bestseller, The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief, which discusses Collins' conversion from atheism to Christianity, evaluates the evidence for Christianity, and argues for theistic evolution.[2] In 2009 Pope Benedict XVI appointed Collins to the Pontifical Academy of Sciences.[3]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francis_Collins ***
Why would we believe intelligent scientists like Francis Collins when we have people like you and PA promoting something else. Not sure what you are promoting ~ probably the big bang theory; something that makes us laugh LOL
jake12

Paris, France

#75422 Nov 23, 2012
Isn't the proper question, at least for Christians,'What does Jesus Christ think of you?" I admit that, though well educated in Christianity and raised in Catholicism, I drift a bit in my beliefs... especially where the organized aspects of it reside.

However, I do know the ideology well and here's what I find troubling about this line of questioning as it's usually offered... which is that it suggests that simply being open to believing is the goal, as if some how that's redemptive.

Far more valuable to humanity, to yourself, and -- I would imagine -- to any creator would be for one to make the most of their gifts and the example set by Christ or whomever they believe in. It's exactly like a parent.

I have children. I don't want them to just love me, because that's selfish. Rather, I want them to go out in the world and be great, because I love them and that's what love is about. Does your god love you? Presumably. But that love has to involve more than just unconditional acceptance. It has to involve expectations. It has to involve a challenge to be the best you can.

This, ultimately, is why -- when someone asks the question you've asked -- I'm inclined to think it almost doesn't matter what I think of Jesus or any other deity. What matters is how I act -- we act -- in his name or any other.

For that same reason, I believe there are many Christ-like people walking this earth who don't think about or believe in Christ at all. And if Christ is all we say he his, all-loving and all-giving, that kind of life... Christ-like in action even if not in belief, is just fine.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75423 Nov 23, 2012
RN Student wrote:
The only thing she cites is other Christ mythers and herself.
If you keep telling yourself the same lie over and over again then maybe you'll even believe it someday. You're making an ass of yourself with your absolutely pathetic rationalizations of your self-degrading cultist lifestyle.

I'm waiting for you to produce any scientific evidence that either the universe or life on earth was created by design. I'm also still waiting for you to produce evidence that mythical characters with supernatural powers from plagiarized works of fiction can have children.

You're mentally ill and desperately need professional help, kid.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75424 Nov 23, 2012
Serah wrote:
Exactly ~ not having a belief system is in itself having a belief system
In other words, non-belief is a belief. You're one of the most severe cases of mental retardation via Christian indoctrination in the history of topix. In actual fact, non-belief in the supernatural is based on the evidence and none exists in support of such complete and utter stupidity.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75425 Nov 23, 2012
Serah wrote:
probably the big bang theory; something that makes us laugh
Scientific theories in contradiction to your programming disprove your Dark Ages dogma even if you lack the intelligence, common sense and courage to accept them.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75426 Nov 23, 2012
RN Student wrote:
I am promoting a historical Jesus of Nazareth who was quite the real person who lived in the first century.
No person in the history of the human race has ever presented any credible historical evidence that the biblical Jesus ever existed and a religiously retarded imbecilic redneck like you isn't going to be making any momentous discoveries.

Plagiarization was widespread during the time the damn bible was assembled without any divine inspiration. It's historical fact that Christianity is a derivative cult with very little originality and the entirely fictional story of your beloved Jesus was based on the imaginary saviors preceding the damn bible.

Once again, you're completely brainwashed and desperately need professional de-conversion assistance.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75427 Nov 23, 2012
jake12 wrote:
I drift a bit in my beliefs.
Questioning thoroughly discredited and utterly ridiculous Dark Ages dogma is the first step towards a successful de-conversion. RN Student, Serah, Resurrectionologist and Jeff are death-denying coward that don't have the guts to question their programming.

The ONLY enlightened Christians are ex-Christians:
http://exchristian.net/exchristian/2002/10/be...

Are you caught up in an unhealthy, compulsive and destructive Christian lifestyle?

Do you feel that your Jesus fetish is screwing up your brain and isolating you from the rest of modern society?

Do crucifixes, Bibles and songs like "Onward Christian Soldiers" turn you on?

The truth is that you don't have to be a Christian. You can recover. There is hope. Many men and woman have reclaimed their brains and walked away from the Christian lifestyle. It's not about hate, it's about hope.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75428 Nov 23, 2012
The truth is that Christianity is a fusion of an ancient Jewish set of legends and myths, such as all ancient societies had, mixed up with a bizarre little personality cult that emerged in the first century. It has no relevance to modern society, and time and time again the progress of reason and science has shown it to be inaccurate.

Symptoms of Christianity:
1) Jesus fetish. Those afflicted with Christianity develop an obsessive fixation on a man known as Jesus Christ, an ancient cult leader who they say 'loves' them and whose corpse, after he was executed, they believe climbed out of his tomb and ate some food and then went on a space trip into heaven. This man apparently 'saved' them from their 'sins' when he came back from the dead.

2) Intellectual suicide. Sufferers completely close down their brain and ignore science, logic and reason. Christians, having abandoned their brains, rely on a book, the Bible, for answers to everything - including how to handle their sex lives.

3) Anti-social behavior. Christians often retreat from or condemn the rest of society which they believe is full of "sinners".

4) Paranoia and psychotic delusions. Christians believe that a fearsome monster, which they call 'Satan', is at large in the world 'tempting' them and trying to drag people off and burn them in his den known as 'hell'. This monster,'Satan', is alleged to be red with horns and often carries a pitch fork.

5) Anti-family attitudes. Christianity is very anti-family. Anyone who believes in family values should be appalled at this cult. For instance, the mythical leader of Christianity, Jesus Christ, says the following in the Bible: "If any man come unto me, and hate not his father, and his mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple." - Luke 14:26. "For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household." - Matthew 10:35-6. It is clear that the radical Christian agenda is to destroy the sacred institution of the family and therefore it must not be tolerated.

6) Violence. Christians have been responsible for some of the most horrific acts of violence, murders and genocide in history. The Crusades, where thousands of Muslims were slaughtered, the genocide of South Americans conducted by the Spanish Conquistadors, the murder of MILLIONS of men and women accused of being 'heretics' and 'witches' in the 16th and 17th century are only a few examples of countless acts of cold blooded sadism conducted in the name of this cult. While the Christians have cut back on their murders in recent years, they still very successfully drive countless numbers of gay youth to suicide.

7) Sexual hang-ups. Christians often suffer from very severe sexual hang-ups, where perfectly natural and enjoyable human feelings are interpreted as 'evil' and therefore dangerously repressed. This can lead to very unhealthy inner turmoil and psychological trauma.

8) Hatred and bigotry. Although not surfacing in all cases, symptoms of pathological hatred and bigotry often surface in Christians. It is no coincidence that hate groups such as the Ku Klux Klan are fanatical Christians. Although not all Christians are like this, the point is that many are, so therefore the potential for such dangerous and insidious mentalities is inherent in the cult. It is interesting to note that a religion such as Buddhism, which for it's widespread influence is the Eastern equivalent of Christianity, although being extremely widespread and diversified has never harbored any hate groups.

Walk out of the Christian lifestyle today! Remember, no one has to be a Christian. You were not 'born that way'. There is hope. You can leave your destructive lifestyle.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75429 Nov 23, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
If you keep telling yourself the same lie over and over again then maybe you'll even believe it someday. You're making an ass of yourself with your absolutely pathetic rationalizations of your self-degrading cultist lifestyle.
I'm waiting for you to produce any scientific evidence that either the universe or life on earth was created by design. I'm also still waiting for you to produce evidence that mythical characters with supernatural powers from plagiarized works of fiction can have children.
You're mentally ill and desperately need professional help, kid.
And I'm waiting on you to cite the ancient Egyptian texts that support Murdocos claims now stop trying to change the subject. Time to nut up or shut up.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75430 Nov 23, 2012
RN Student wrote:
And I'm waiting on you to cite the ancient Egyptian texts that support Murdocos claims
You keep stating that I haven't provided you with primary sources used by Murdock when all you have to do is scroll back a few pages.

The subject has never changed. It's historical fact that organized religion is a hoax and brainwashed godbots like you are insane. You need professional help, kid.

#75431 Nov 23, 2012
RN Student wrote:
I am promoting a historical Jesus of Nazareth who was quite the real person who lived in the first century. If people want to debate his divinity that is fine, that is in the scholarly realm... they do it all the time; however he was not made up based on pagan deities or any of these other crackpot Christ myth conspiracy theorists try to push so in short I suppose I'm promoting the truth.
<quoted text>
Whoah ~ I guess you are over 2,000 years old so know exactly what happened.... and you can just wipe out our Scribes and Historians with the sweep of your hand!

Wipe out the Battle of Hastings, too, while you are at it, that is a part of history that was really cruel!

#75432 Nov 23, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
In other words, non-belief is a belief. You're one of the most severe cases of mental retardation via Christian indoctrination in the history of topix. In actual fact, non-belief in the supernatural is based on the evidence and none exists in support of such complete and utter stupidity.
And you are not Prince Charming... why do you think any of us would take any notice of anything you have to say?

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#75433 Nov 23, 2012
RN Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! Thank you! I have no problem with those who wish to debate the deity of Christ. We all have the right to agree to disagree. What I hold in utter contempt is the intellectual laziness involved to make the claim that a historical Jesus never existed or is based upon some sort of myth from other pagan cultures. PAMB couldn't (wouldn't/couldn't- same thing) answer my questions and statements about historical methodology.

Christ-mythers only resort to that argument to avoid the other subjects that come up with Jesus' existence. If Jesus really existed, then that changes the whole ball game and that is something they just don't want to contemplate. It's laziness, and deserving of intellectual contempt.
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75434 Nov 23, 2012
Serah wrote:
why do you think any of us would take any notice of anything you have to say?
Unlike your brainwashed brainwasher, I speak the truth about the greatest hoax ever perpetuated against the human race. Fortunately, Christianity is on the decline in all industrialized nations, including America, but at a much slower rate.

#75435 Nov 23, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike your brainwashed brainwasher, I speak the truth about the greatest hoax ever perpetuated against the human race. Fortunately, Christianity is on the decline in all industrialized nations, including America, but at a much slower rate.
Yeah ~ the whole world knows that, look at all the trouble you are having up there!!
Myth Buster

Sun City, AZ

#75436 Nov 23, 2012
What I hold in utter contempt is the intellectual laziness involved to make the claim that a historical Jesus never existed or is based upon some sort of myth from other pagan cultures.
Wrong! The truth is you're a hot-headed coward who doesn't have the guts to accept the irrefutable historical fact that the barbarians who founded the Christian cult went on a censorship rampage and destroyed as much evidence as they could in the name of "piety", ravaging Pagan temples, murdering their priests, burning libraries while torturing and slaughtering both nonbelievers and believers by the millions.

Christian temples were built upon the ruins of the Pagan temples, such as in the case of the Vatican, which was founded upon the remains of a complex dedicated to the sun god Mithra. Christianity is a derivative cult based on religions that were thousands of year old and the entirely fictional story of the biblical Jesus was in fact plagiarized from these religions.

Brainwashed godbots like you deserve nothing but "utter contempt" for knowingly clinging to thoroughly discredited and totally ridiculous Dark Ages dogma and spreading your ignorance and vile hatred. The ONLY enlightened Christians are ex-Christians who understand the violent history of this barbaric cult and hope for this abomination to be completely eradicated from the face of the earth.

You've proven time and time again that you're certifiably insane and should be institutionalized, but you'd rather obtain a bogus degree in Christian mythology and disregard historical facts in contradiction to your programming. You're both a national embarrassment and an outright disgrace to the human race.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#75437 Nov 23, 2012
Myth Buster wrote:
The truth is that Christianity is a fusion of an ancient Jewish set of legends and myths, such as all ancient societies had, mixed up with a bizarre little personality cult that emerged in the first century. It has no relevance to modern society, and time and time again the progress of reason and science has shown it to be inaccurate.
Symptoms of Christianity:
1) Jesus fetish.
2) Intellectual suicide.
3) Anti-social behavior.
4) Paranoia and psychotic delusions.
5) Anti-family attitudes.
6) Violence.
7) Sexual hang-ups.
8) Hatred and bigotry.
Walk out of the Christian lifestyle today! Remember, no one has to be a Christian. You were not 'born that way'. There is hope. You can leave your destructive lifestyle.
I'll address all of these issues. I don't expect you to be convinced.
That would be unrealistic for somebody so entrenched in their worldview. This is for those who wish to learn. I'm just correcting your errors.

Jesus Fetish?- If that's what you want to call it. It's appreciation for the gift of eternal life.

Intellectual suicide?- There are far more intellectuals who are Christians. We don't depend on the Bible to tell us how to live. The Bible contains the truth of the real purpose of Jesus, and we live in appreciation of that purpose.

Anti-social behavior?- We seek to work with others to help solve problems in the world. How many churches have donated supplies in the wake of Hurricane Sandy? Did your hikers club donate anything?
(I don't forget details that people reveal about themselves. Doesn't it suck that you don't know who I am?)

Paranoia and psychotic delusions?- Because we have experienced something you haven't? Now before you go off on one of your rants, did you know that there is a rare medical condition in which some people don't feel physical pain? It's a condition known as "congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis." These people don't feel hot or cold, nor do they feel the need to urinate.

Now can you imagine if everybody had this except you? Imagine that everyone had no pain, but you did. Would it be right of them to tell you that you're psychotic or delusional because you experience pain?

Okay, moving on.

Anti-family attitudes?- You clearly don't understand scripture if you think those two passages were about family values. For those interested, I'll be happy to explain those passages.

Violence?- While some people who claimed to be Christians did engage in violence,(much like some criminals have committed crimes while impersonating cops)there have been far more instances of violence being perpetrated by non-Christians, especially atheist governments like Cambodia and the USSR. Nazi Germany was another one.(No Hitler was not a Christian. He claimed he was when it suited his purpose) The Salem witch trials did not kill MILLIONS. Less than 20 were executed, and it was a Christian who brought it to a stop. Martin Luther King Jr was an ordained minister and his civil rights marches emphasized passivity.

Sexual hang ups?- So what if I only want to have sex with my wife. I don't want to have sex with other women, and I don't want to have sex with males. Can you tell me what's wrong with that? If I was not a Christian and I still held those same values would I be wrong?
Do other human beings exist for our own physical pleasure? Is rape or human trafficking acceptable to you?

Hatred and bigotry?- You're as welcome to receive eternal life as I am. We are commissioned to preach the good news to all nations. Should we stop on the basis of color or gender? Did you know that the church was responsible for advancing the rights of women in the Middle Ages? Martin Luther King Jr., a black man, was a scholar in systematic theology. Betcha didn't know that now did you?

LOL

Go ahead, rant and swear and insult me all you want. I like it.:)

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

#75440 Nov 23, 2012
Speaking of rape: If there is no God, no absolute morals and we are all products of evolution then morals are subjective and what is in the best interest of the species is for the males with the best genetics to mate with as many females as possible. That in mind, what would make rape wrong? Scary thought huh?
<quoted text>
I'll address all of these issues. I don't expect you to be convinced.
That would be unrealistic for somebody so entrenched in their worldview. This is for those who wish to learn. I'm just correcting your errors.
Jesus Fetish?- If that's what you want to call it. It's appreciation for the gift of eternal life.
Intellectual suicide?- There are far more intellectuals who are Christians. We don't depend on the Bible to tell us how to live. The Bible contains the truth of the real purpose of Jesus, and we live in appreciation of that purpose.
Anti-social behavior?- We seek to work with others to help solve problems in the world. How many churches have donated supplies in the wake of Hurricane Sandy? Did your hikers club donate anything?
(I don't forget details that people reveal about themselves. Doesn't it suck that you don't know who I am?)
Paranoia and psychotic delusions?- Because we have experienced something you haven't? Now before you go off on one of your rants, did you know that there is a rare medical condition in which some people don't feel physical pain? It's a condition known as "congenital insensitivity to pain with anhidrosis." These people don't feel hot or cold, nor do they feel the need to urinate.
Now can you imagine if everybody had this except you? Imagine that everyone had no pain, but you did. Would it be right of them to tell you that you're psychotic or delusional because you experience pain?
Okay, moving on.
Anti-family attitudes?- You clearly don't understand scripture if you think those two passages were about family values. For those interested, I'll be happy to explain those passages.
Violence?- While some people who claimed to be Christians did engage in violence,(much like some criminals have committed crimes while impersonating cops)there have been far more instances of violence being perpetrated by non-Christians, especially atheist governments like Cambodia and the USSR. Nazi Germany was another one.(No Hitler was not a Christian. He claimed he was when it suited his purpose) The Salem witch trials did not kill MILLIONS. Less than 20 were executed, and it was a Christian who brought it to a stop. Martin Luther King Jr was an ordained minister and his civil rights marches emphasized passivity.
Sexual hang ups?- So what if I only want to have sex with my wife. I don't want to have sex with other women, and I don't want to have sex with males. Can you tell me what's wrong with that? If I was not a Christian and I still held those same values would I be wrong?
Do other human beings exist for our own physical pleasure? Is rape or human trafficking acceptable to you?
Hatred and bigotry?- You're as welcome to receive eternal life as I am. We are commissioned to preach the good news to all nations. Should we stop on the basis of color or gender? Did you know that the church was responsible for advancing the rights of women in the Middle Ages? Martin Luther King Jr., a black man, was a scholar in systematic theology. Betcha didn't know that now did you?
LOL
Go ahead, rant and swear and insult me all you want. I like it.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Peter Ross 29,414
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Adam 104,201
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 7 min onemale 280,519
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 28 min Buck Crick 968,847
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 55 min Joe Fortuna 4,765
hi i am top from jubail 1 hr top jubail 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr truth 44,238
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Michael 637,824
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 7 hr Johnny 3,700
More from around the web