|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Jeff wrote:
It's embarrassing what you write.
In actual fact, it's not only embarrassing but a national disgrace that Christian indoctrination centers which produce ignorant, cowardly, arrogant and intolerant godbots like you infest our country.

Freedom of speech shouldn't protect religious brainwashing. Christian revisionist history isn't history and Christian pseudoscience isn't science. You should be in a mental institution, kid.

http://www.nobeliefs.com/Hitler1.htm

"To deny the influence of Christianity on Hitler and its role in World War II, means that you must ignore history and forever bar yourself from understanding the source of German anti-Semitism and how the WWII atrocities occurred."

“Primum non nocere”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you gather the courage to read her book objectively instead of relying on the disingenuous bullshit of Christian apologetics?
http://www.truthbeknown.com/horus.html#.UK0KZ...
"Jesus Christ is not the only god supposedly born of a virgin on December 25th. So too was Horus of Egypt."
She made the claims and apparently you are an expert on her works so it shouldn't be hard if there is a wealth of primary sources unless she was lying. Unless the Egyptian Book of the Dead in the Hymn to Osiris states that after Set dismembered Osiris Isis put him back together, however unable to find his penis made a artificial one and had sex with it giving birth to Horus during the month of Khoiak (between October/November).

Should it also be worth mentioning that the Catholic Church assigned the 12/25 date in the 4th century well after Jesus had died...modern scholars believe him to have been born sometime in the spring. The facf remains though that Jesus's actual birth date was never recorded and any 12/25 comparrisons are meaningless.

Either way, what primary sources did she get her information from? Or did she just parrot other Christ mythers without checking her facts?

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you gather the courage to read her book objectively instead of relying on the disingenuous bullshit of Christian apologetics?
http://www.truthbeknown.com/horus.html#.UK0KZ...
"Jesus Christ is not the only god supposedly born of a virgin on December 25th. So too was Horus of Egypt."
Okay, cite any primary sources to support this claim.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RN Student wrote:
The facf remains though that Jesus's actual birth date was never recorded and any 12/25 comparrisons are meaningless.
Wrong! According to the damn bible, the supposed birth of the fictional Jesus occurred in the spring. The fact that the celebrated birth date of your imaginary savior was plagiarized, like much of the damn bible, is indeed relevant.

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
You continue to demonstrate that you're certifiably insane and need professional de-conversion assistance as does any and all godbots who are too feeble-minded and weak-willed to objectively study the historical, scientific and medical evidence that thoroughly discredits their Dark Ages dogma.
You're cracking me up PA! LMAO! Do you even know what the proper methodology is for conducting historical research? Let me give you a hint:

History isn't researched and studied the same way the hard sciences are. Skepticism isn't the default view. History is also not researched using the same standards of "beyond reasonable doubt" that would be found in a criminal trial.

"Demanding that individual items amount to proof sets a standard that can only be met in the rarest of circumstances, either in history or in the law... The evidence must be considered as a whole before a realistic and fair assessment of the possible truth of this story can be made... To deal with the concerns that accusations are easily made (whether in a legal or nonlegal context), the burden of proof is normally allocated to the accuser. The accuser can meet the burden by offering a certain quantum of evidence, which varies depending upon the nature of the accusation, for example-in the context of legal disputes-proof beyond a reasonable doubt for criminal charges or, for civil charges, proof that makes the truth of an accusation more probable than not."

Annette Gordon-Reed (Professor of Law at New York Law School) from the book; Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemings: An American Controversy, University Press of Virginia, 1997.

Historical research using documentation is conducted objectively using available evidence, and by applying 10 specific criteria that test and authenticate that evidence.

1- Are there enough copies that are reasonably close to the original?

2- Did the author(s) intend to report reliable history?

3- Was the author in a position to accurately record the history he or she claims to report?

4- Historians attempt to discern the amount of bias held by the author and the extent that it may distort the historical report.

5- Do the documents contain details and textual signals that tend to be rooted in eye witness testimony?

6- Does the material include anything that is "self-damaging?" This is material that runs counter to author's bias, but is included anyway. A lack of self damaging material usually indicates less credibility in historical reporting.

7- Is the document self consistent or consistent with other works that report the same events?

8- Are the reported events intrinsically believable or unbelievable?

9- Are there other documents that while not telling the same story, at least provide enough information about the original to validate the original?

10- Are there any archeological findings that either confirm or stand in tension with the document under examination?

These are the historical criteria, and they can all be applied to the NT just as they can with any other document.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RN Student wrote:
Are you completely daft? You were just provided with a link to this information. If you want additional information then buy the book.

That's right, you're a godbot and will never be man enough to accept facts in contradiction to your programming because you'd have to live without your inane delusions of Santa Claus for insecure adults and afterlife fantasylands where your own personal Santa Claus will greet you.

Like Jeff, you're a stark raving mad insane lunatic and should be institutionalized immediately for treatment of your mental illness. Never ever forget that religious addiction is a mental illness not a lifestyle choice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong! According to the damn bible, the supposed birth of the fictional Jesus occurred in the spring. The fact that the celebrated birth date of your imaginary savior was plagiarized, like much of the damn bible, is indeed relevant.
There is no mention in the Bible regarding the date of Jesus' birth.
None at all. Find one passage for me that emphatically states what time of year Jesus was born. According to your statement above, if Jesus was born in the spring, then there is no basis for a parallel paganized winter solstice hypothesis as Hackologist Archaya S. would suggest. Constantine legalized Christianity and changed the customary winter solstice to honor Jesus' birth. This was done to deprive the pagans of their legal holiday.

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Nazism was Christianity on steroids. You really should consider having surgery to remove your head from your ass, kid.
Nazis killed Jews, Jesus was a Jew and early Christians were simply Jews who followed his teachings and that included "love one another as I have loved you". What the Nazis practiced was fascism and they held true to none of the biblical principals that I can think of. Then again where fascism is concerned when you require absolute loyalty to the state there can be no room for a higher power.

If they were Christian why did they use the Hindu Swastika and why would they promote the German Faith Movement which used passages from the Bhagavad Gita in conjunction with political hymns as their core literature (their bible as it where). Could it be that just as the scholars who studied the movement had surmised that it serves to promote religious nationalism and that the Nazi party was strictly fascist and used Christianity as a means to an end and in truth were anything but Christian? Oh my gosh!!

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
So if it was in the spring why are people making such a big deal of 12/25?

“Primum non nocere”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Why should I buy the book when you can simply tell me which ancient Egyptian document I can find this information in and I can look up the original text? If you are such a fan of hers I'm sure you have all the books and it should't be that much trouble to look up a citation for a primary source if they are as abundant as you claim them to be.
Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you completely daft? You were just provided with a link to this information. If you want additional information then buy the book.
That's right, you're a godbot and will never be man enough to accept facts in contradiction to your programming because you'd have to live without your inane delusions of Santa Claus for insecure adults and afterlife fantasylands where your own personal Santa Claus will greet you.
Like Jeff, you're a stark raving mad insane lunatic and should be institutionalized immediately for treatment of your mental illness. Never ever forget that religious addiction is a mental illness not a lifestyle choice.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RN Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Nazis killed Jews, Jesus was a Jew and early Christians were simply Jews who followed his teachings and that included "love one another as I have loved you". What the Nazis practiced was fascism and they held true to none of the biblical principals that I can think of. Then again where fascism is concerned when you require absolute loyalty to the state there can be no room for a higher power.
If they were Christian why did they use the Hindu Swastika and why would they promote the German Faith Movement which used passages from the Bhagavad Gita in conjunction with political hymns as their core literature (their bible as it where). Could it be that just as the scholars who studied the movement had surmised that it serves to promote religious nationalism and that the Nazi party was strictly fascist and used Christianity as a means to an end and in truth were anything but Christian? Oh my gosh!!
A trip to the Dachau concentration camp and museum in Germany and to the Holocaust Museum in Washington D.C. would enlighten him, but he would probably claim them to be a hoax too. I've been to both. The Nazi party used whatever popular movements and beliefs were available to avoid further resistance to their fascist plans. The closest Hitler came to being a Christian was being raised by a Catholic mother. In truth, he despised the evangelical protestant church. It interfered with his goals.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Resurrectionologist wrote:
There is no mention in the Bible regarding the date of Jesus' birth.
You'd need the capacity to read and comprehend, which no Christian is capable of doing or they wouldn't be a death-denying Christian cultist.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RN Student wrote:
Why should I buy the book
Because you've been spoon fed bullshit your entire life and it's about time you stopped rationalizing your self-degrading cultist lifestyle and accepted the truth.

Christianity is a derivative religious cult with very little originality. The fictional story of Jesus was plagiarized from the mythical saviors preceding the damn bible by thousands of years.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Resurrectionologist wrote:
The closest Hitler came to being a Christian was being raised by a Catholic mother.
Christian revisionist history isn't history. The Holocaust was caused by Christian fundamentalism:

http://www.evilbible.com/hitler_was_christian...
RN Student

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you've been spoon fed bullshit your entire life and it's about time you stopped rationalizing your self-degrading cultist lifestyle and accepted the truth.
Christianity is a derivative religious cult with very little originality. The fictional story of Jesus was plagiarized from the mythical saviors preceding the damn bible by thousands of years.
You still haven't cited that primary source.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Myth Buster wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian revisionist history isn't history. The Holocaust was caused by Christian fundamentalism:
http://www.evilbible.com/hitler_was_christian...
It's not Christian revisionist history. I don't think you have any clue how history is researched and evaluated.
Myth Buster

Cottonwood, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

RN Student wrote:
You still haven't cited that primary source.
The author has provided her primary sources and the facts are irrefutable:

SHE'S RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG! THE BIBLICAL JESUS IS AN AMALGAMATION OF THE MANY IMAGINARY SAVIORS PRECEDING CHRISTIANITY NOT AN HISTORICAL FIGURE.

You can waste the rest of your worthless life making defamatory statements about Murdock and other authors for exposing the greatest lie ever told, but you can't change facts even if you'll never be man enough to handle them.

There are no supernatural creatures and no afterlife fantasylands for ignorant and bigoted slaves to Dark Ages dogma. You're going to die and your remains buried six feet under just like everybody else. Grow up, kid!
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RN Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Nazis killed Jews,!
YOu f'n ignorant mfr!! Why do you think jesws have suffered 2,000 years of genocide and persecution?! F'n A-hole!
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

RN Student wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just another poisoned A-hole.
ReligionMustDie

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2012

Judged:

Doctor REALITY wrote:
What do I think of Him?? I think He created the entire universe.
So fn what. Every religion thinks their god created the universe. You're siht is nothing new. Just one of the newer religions is all.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

419 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 min Le_le 599,043
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Hidingfromyou 720,138
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 min HipGnozizzz 172,251
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min RoSesz 532,396
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 13 min End of Church Ages 32,919
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 27 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 37,597
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 32 min HasbhaRAT Trolls Biffers 114,973
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 42 min Dr_Zorderz 256,380
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 4 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••