What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God)

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#74951 Sep 11, 2012
Pastor Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
If churches are businesses we're truly incompetent. A huge majority of congregations see 50 or fewer people each Sunday, and are getting swallowed up by the conomy of scale. I have to alugh when someone opines that we're in it for the money. There are easier ways to make money.
Does your opinion that churchgoers are "frightened infantile minds who prefer absurdity to uncertainty" reflect actual experience with Christians, or from elsewhere?
From everywhere. There is no evidence to support the existence of any of these gods; http://www.godchecker.com

The very idea of a God creating everything is a silly notion from the outset. A God had to be created out of nothing for no reason by nothing so that he could create everything else out of nothing because he felt like it.

Besides, if there really were a Creator of the Universe that wanted to have churches here, you'd think he'd be better at managing his finances. Seems they are always asking for more money for God.

#74952 Sep 11, 2012
Pastor Ron wrote:
Just to press the question: I'm doing a little unscientific research for next Sunday's message, which will be on this text:
'Jesus and his disciples went into the villages near Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that I am?" They told him, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, and still others one of the prophets." He asked them, "And what about you? Who do you say that I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ." Jesus ordered them not to tell anyone about him. Then Jesus began to teach his disciples: "The Human One must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests, and the legal experts, and be killed, and then, after three days, rise from the dead." He said this plainly. But Peter took hold of Jesus and, scolding him, began to correct him.(Mark 8:27-32 CEB)
So: who do you think Jesus is?
A fable first written about by Paul/Saul of Tarsus who never met this character by his own admission.

#74953 Sep 11, 2012
MPMARTIN wrote:
<quoted text>
Pastor Ron, Thank you for replying to my post, I was a bit surprised, especialy from a minister. As for my beliefs, I believe in myself. How many times have we heard people raise their hands to the Heavens and say "God help me!, God save me", etc. How about you go out and help your self? How many times have I sat in church and seen people raise their hands and speak in "tounges" and beg for mercy and forgiveness, then the very next day go out and do the same crap all over! Can you say "hypocryte"?
As for me, I would like to believe that there is a higher power, now you may call him/her anything you wish; God, Jesus, Yahweh, Allah, etc. But first, I believe in myself.
"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides." - Carl Sagan

#74954 Sep 11, 2012
Bud144-Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
HI, he is the Chrsit, the Son of the living and true God and he is the ROCK that God built his churches on. God did NOT build his churches on a saved sinner, as people claim. Christ is the ROCK that always followed his people (Jews). Its all threw out the old Testament. Only he that was without sin dead on his cross outside that old city Jerusalem to save us from the wages of sin, death.
Stand back! Religigasm in progress, he's gonna blow!!! This could get messy!

“Thank you GOD for JESUS”

Since: Jul 07

And thank you JESUS for caring

#74955 Sep 12, 2012
Pastor Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Serah: Did you really think that would help?
Yes, I wrote a lovely posting on how I cope with losing loved ones, and it got lost in cyber space traveling between here and there. I opened this 'draft' in Outlook earlier, and rather than re-write what got lost, I am going to paste it here.

This summer, we want to encourage a bit of exploration into the realm of angels. While there is much about the angels that we probably will never understand on this side of eternity, God has given us many glimpses into their character and ministry. He has shown us just enough to prove how much he loves us. He has shown us enough to encourage us as well, for the angels prove that we are never alone in this world. These mighty, compassionate, and wise beings are yet another piece of evidence that God truly has blessed us with “every spiritual blessing in the heavens”—including the blessing of angels (Ephesians 1:3)!
What Is an Angel?.........
http://wau.org/archives/article /hidden_messengers_heavenly_gu ardians_spiritual_companions/

Posted in another forum and my response follows

Excellent "Name", and I sent the link to my Sister who is also having a hard time coming to grips with the passing of Mum. GOD is always looking for Angels and we have to let them go; but we can indeed draw strength from their presence. Protection overload :)

I found these words in a link from that link;

"Many of us hunger for a kind of prayer that goes deeper than words or thoughts about God. We sense that we have come to the point where we need to stop talking about divine love and experience it. We long for a silent union with God that is often called “contemplation,” and we want to know how to get to this place in our spiritual lives.

http://wau.org/archives/article/deeper_into_p... ****

I know that hunger well :)****

I hope that explains more my feelings rather than those of losing my old Queen Puggy and my Mother in my arms....

#74956 Sep 12, 2012
Pastor Ron wrote:
Just to press the question: I'm doing a little unscientific research for next Sunday's message, which will be on this text:
'Jesus and his disciples went into the villages near Caesarea Philippi. On the way he asked his disciples, "Who do people say that I am?" They told him, "Some say John the Baptist, others Elijah, and still others one of the prophets." He asked them, "And what about you? Who do you say that I am?" Peter answered, "You are the Christ." Jesus ordered them not to tell anyone about him. Then Jesus began to teach his disciples: "The Human One must suffer many things and be rejected by the elders, chief priests, and the legal experts, and be killed, and then, after three days, rise from the dead." He said this plainly. But Peter took hold of Jesus and, scolding him, began to correct him.(Mark 8:27-32 CEB)
So: who do you think Jesus is?
JESUS is the SON of GOD sent to teach us a new way of life, and a life where we know that the 'New Jerusalem' is what we can look forward to if we can be Humble enough and caring enough to keep on the narrow pathway through the gates.... following our SHEPHERD and accepting from HIM the Morning Star :)

#74957 Sep 12, 2012
MPMARTIN wrote:
<quoted text>
Pastor Ron, Thank you for replying to my post, I was a bit surprised, especialy from a minister. As for my beliefs, I believe in myself. How many times have we heard people raise their hands to the Heavens and say "God help me!, God save me", etc. How about you go out and help your self? How many times have I sat in church and seen people raise their hands and speak in "tounges" and beg for mercy and forgiveness, then the very next day go out and do the same crap all over! Can you say "hypocryte"?
As for me, I would like to believe that there is a higher power, now you may call him/her anything you wish; God, Jesus, Yahweh, Allah, etc. But first, I believe in myself.
Don’t blame GOD for the people, if you need to blame anything rather than the people, blame the adversary. Do you not know that GOD repented and grieved creating man(kind) and that the evil thoughts and intentions turned HIS head away? It is because there are people that are happy and caring, people who know why they are here living a life; our present, our gift from GOD and HIS heart is reached. If you think of your own life and the things you have seen, just see things through the eyes of GOD and let your heart feel HIS HEART (I use upper case out of love and respect, I am not yelling as such) and wonder at thousands of years of billions of days of wars, rape, robbery, pillage, slavery, the very destruction of this Planet in fact, and you will not even comprehend the horrors. JESUS came here, knowing his fate, and did it out of love for people? Question the reason for why HE should love us, rather than blame GOD for what people are doing or you will never start to comprehend how good it is having GOD in your life :)

(posting 5611)

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#74958 Sep 12, 2012
The Lord Jesus Christ was truly God manifested in the flesh so he could be the Saviour of all the sins of man. He was God the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. Just as we was baptized by the last baptism, Christ told them, go baptize in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Ghost. Jesus Christ did everything by the Spirit of God the Father. He said, if you see me, you see the Father, for the Father and I are one. The same Spirit that raise up Christ from the dead was in us, his beloved Son and the Spirit of Christ.

God said, if you have NOT the Son of God, you have NOT God. God is a Holy Spirit from heaven. Man was spirit of the devil, they could not worship God, thats why they all had to be born again of water and Spirit. Only Spiritual understand Spiritual. The Lod Jesus Christ said, the words I speak, are not mind, but hinm that sent me, which was God the Father. As Chrsit walked in the image of God his Father, also we should be walking in the image of Christ. God siad, I will manifest the image the life and image of Chrsit in you. Who is gone to do it, but the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb, everlasting Father. This is his new name forever and ever, world without end.
Pastor Ron

Tallahassee, FL

#74959 Sep 12, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
From everywhere. There is no evidence to support the existence of any of these gods; http://www.godchecker.com
The very idea of a God creating everything is a silly notion from the outset. A God had to be created out of nothing for no reason by nothing so that he could create everything else out of nothing because he felt like it.
Besides, if there really were a Creator of the Universe that wanted to have churches here, you'd think he'd be better at managing his finances. Seems they are always asking for more money for God.
OK, so your opinion of us Christians isn't from experience with Christians you actually know (unless I'm misreading you). Here's an offer: I'll engage you in non-judgmental conversation and answer your questions by e-mail. No intent on my part to try to "convert" you. No problem if you're not interested.
Pastor Ron

Tallahassee, FL

#74960 Sep 12, 2012
MPMARTIN wrote:
<quoted text>
We pastors get tarred with a broad brush. Not all of us -- I'd say, not a majority of us -- are like what you seem to expect.

As to believing in yourself, I'd ask the Dr Phil question: How's that workin' for ya? do you find it sufficient?
Pastor Ron

Tallahassee, FL

#74961 Sep 12, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
A fable first written about by Paul/Saul of Tarsus who never met this character by his own admission.
Uh, no, it's from the gospel according to Mark. Fable? Perhaps, but what does that mean?(Are you a literalist? I'm not.) In any case my interest is in folks' answer to the qusetion embedded in the story.
Pastor Ron

Tallahassee, FL

#74962 Sep 12, 2012
Bud144-Angel: I'd like to know a little more about you.
Pastor Ron

Tallahassee, FL

#74963 Sep 12, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
"I would love to believe that when I die I will live again, that some thinking, feeling, remembering part of me will continue. But much as I want to believe that, and despite the ancient and worldwide cultural traditions that assert an afterlife, I know of nothing to suggest that it is more than wishful thinking. The world is so exquisite with so much love and moral depth, that there is no reason to deceive ourselves with pretty stories for which there's little good evidence. Far better it seems to me, in our vulnerability, is to look death in the eye and to be grateful every day for the brief but magnificent opportunity that life provides." - Carl Sagan
Sagan was a favorite of mine. Of course, we disagree about a few things.
Pastor Ron

Tallahassee, FL

#74964 Sep 12, 2012
Pastor Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, no, it's from the gospel according to Mark. Fable? Perhaps, but what does that mean?(Are you a literalist? I'm not.) In any case my interest is in folks' answer to the qusetion embedded in the story.
Or did you mean that Jesus himself was a fable constructed by Paul?

#74965 Sep 12, 2012
Pastor Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, so your opinion of us Christians isn't from experience with Christians you actually know (unless I'm misreading you). Here's an offer: I'll engage you in non-judgmental conversation and answer your questions by e-mail. No intent on my part to try to "convert" you. No problem if you're not interested.
I know several Christians quite well. Enough to know that the Christian notion of "not being perfect, just being forgiven" is the most efficient engine for hypocrisy I have ever seen.

They don't believe in pre-marital sex, but try to find an unmarried Christian between 20-30 that is a virgin. Not that I care if they are a virgin or not, I do care that they foist one standard on the rest of the world and actually live to another.

I really have no questions about Christianity. I was raised Catholic and began to reject the ridiculous notions at an early age. I remember quite clearly, being excluded from Sunday school ( Catechism ) to sit in the back room waiting for a private conversation with the priest about asking who Adam and Eve's kids married.

If you want to privately email other Topix member who are willing, register as a Topix persona, then you can use the T-mail feature.

#74966 Sep 12, 2012
Pastor Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
We pastors get tarred with a broad brush. Not all of us -- I'd say, not a majority of us -- are like what you seem to expect.
As to believing in yourself, I'd ask the Dr Phil question: How's that workin' for ya? do you find it sufficient?
There is some pretty high profile evidence to the contrary;
http://bit.ly/NWDcyu

#74967 Sep 12, 2012
Pastor Ron wrote:
<quoted text>
GoMark was not written by the "disciple" Mark. It was written a full generation after the supposed events by an acquaintance of Paul's who had started writing his "letters" a full 15 years earlier. There is good reason to question whether Jesus and his disciples ever existed. There is good probability Paul and his buddies made the whole thing up.
Malone

United States

#74968 Sep 12, 2012
God is incredible! Look how He revealed Himself to this woman.

&fe ature=share

#74969 Sep 12, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor old Carl ~ no contact from anyone from the other side? No messages from his Angels? No guidance where guidance was needed? Glad he enjoyed life on earth so much that he felt looking death in the eye was better than what GOD has to offer!! Life could have been pretty miserable for him if he did not consider it a magnificent opportunity!! To do what, one can only wonder, as the only opportunity, in my eyes, is to take forward that which we have learned..... and for those who did not have magnificent opportunities cast their way? Would they still look death in the eye as happily?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#74970 Sep 12, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
GoMark was not written by the "disciple" Mark. It was written a full generation after the supposed events by an acquaintance of Paul's who had started writing his "letters" a full 15 years earlier. There is good reason to question whether Jesus and his disciples ever existed. There is good probability Paul and his buddies made the whole thing up.
Part I
Hi, people can say the Old and the New Testaments is NOT the word of God, but I know it is and it will be around forever and ever.

I was born into the RCC's, OR's and Reform Jews. I knew when I was a very young boy, I did not want to know their god. All those I knew did not love one another and their works were ever evil. I remember praying to my God to he kept me from them and he truly did. I was about 42 years old, having many issues in life and one night I was at the end of my rope gone to blow my brains out with a shot gun. My 7 year old son was in bed. I just finished checking to see if I could pull the trigger and I went to turn the volume up on the TV so the neighbors would not hear the gun go off. Some how a channel came on and the man was speaking about forgiveness of sins and I started to cry and kept saying how can you forgive me, don't you know what I done, the true and living God of Israel knew everything I ever did since my youth. I lay on the floor about 2 an half hours crying ( I never cried that hard in my life)and finally I asked the Lord to have mercy and to forgive me and cry ed out for Jesus to save me. It was like the whole world came off my back. I went to bed and slept and I was all rested up. It was the first time I really slept in 5 years. I was in a hospital before this and they tried to get to sleep with every kind of medication, nothing worked. I was up at three e weeks at a time. Remember, my 7 year old son was asleep and the next morning he kept saying, Dad what's the matter, Dad what wrong and I say to him, what do you see and he said, Dad your happy.
This was in Sept. 9, 1984 and I started seeking the kingdom of God and his righteousness by faith, knowing nothing about nothing. For the first 15 years after 84, I read from Genesis to Rev. night and day. I did at that time believe I just got born again and found years later I was just forgiven. Remember, I was born into a family that claimed to be Christiana. At that time I got involved with a lot of false gospels on TV and feel churches, but I never seen the true love of God in them. They were just like the ones I was trying to keep away from.

Years ago, I prayed and asked the living and true of Israel, were did all this come from and why is then world like it is today. It was about 2 years ago, my prayer was finally answered. What kept me from see what I see now, I believe at the time I believed I was in the end of the old world still trying to save sinners, Jews and Gentiles and also I was involved with moves. I never use to watch moves, TV and play music. I prayed and he got me out of moves again. Now I see thing more clearly.

People can say what they want about the word of God of Mt. Zion and deny his beloved Son, but they can never take me from My God and my Abba Father in the life of Christ today.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Rosa_Winkel 979,274
how can i get panties? (Jul '10) 4 min I am straight 15 ... 34
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 min Rosa_Winkel 445,559
News Letter: DNC accept responsibility 1 hr Squirtss7602 31
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 hr spinosaurus baryo... 92,257
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr bad bob 183,608
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 4 hr Pegasus is a pus sy 285,942
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 hr truth 667,516
More from around the web