Holocaust or Black Slavery which was ...
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#494 Jan 17, 2014
Slaves were assets - so mistreatment would be throwing good money down the drain. Not that it didn't happen, but from what I've heard/read - the African slaves were the result of tribal war where the losers got sold to Muslim middlemen. But it wasn't genocide. And as I read many years ago, there were 100 million slaves in the world then - most in the Middle East. And as one such individual asked a reporter, "Perhaps you can tell me the difference between a well fed slave and a starving free man?"
Cameron Bell

Peoria, IL

#495 Jan 23, 2014
Lou wrote:
Black slaves had between 8 to 10 children per household and a very low infant mortality rate.
Jews did not reproduce as such during the Nazi years and while in concentration camps they did not reproduce and way more were killed than born.
Slavery wasn't anywhere near as bad as the Holocaust.
I do not agree with you. Half of the children were half white because the mother was raped by a white man. Also the Holocaust was around ten years, slavery was almost 20 times as much! People were killed in gas chambers, not caught on fire, dragged by horses, hanged, whipped, and pulled apart by four horses!!!
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#496 Feb 21, 2014
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#498 Feb 21, 2014
Which was worse? I think they're equal.
Brian

Ellenville, NY

#499 Feb 24, 2014
MPL wrote:
Slavery: being forced to work without condition indefinately.
Holocaust: being forced to work without condition indefinately, being subject to human medical experiments, and being murdered.
The Holocaust was worse. 6 million black people didnt die from the slave trade.
Are you kidding? Me more then 6 million black men women and children were killed
in the time period of 400 year. That doesn't go without saying post slavery oppression murder. Holocaust have Hitler to blame for your tragedy.who is to blame tried and convicted for the in justice of one nation of people.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#500 Feb 26, 2014
The whole thing makes me ashamed to be called human.
idk

Georgetown, TX

#501 May 12, 2014
Bryan wrote:
the holocaust was a 1000 times worst. hitler didnt only kill jews he killed blacks, gays, retarded people russians poles and anyone he thought was inferior.
the nazis would do experiments on the jews like pours acid in there brains and seeing how long they could live for
if a jew couldnt work they would ether kill him/her or beat him for like 20 minute until alomost every bone in his body was broken then make them work or kill them.
if the blacks didnt work they would whip them like what 5 times
i would MUCH!!! rather get whipped them get battery aicd poured in to my head or killed.
the jews also got one meal a day of bread crust and soup with dirt in to eat. the slaves were well feed so they could be in good shape for working.
NOTHING compares to the holocaust i could go on so much more about what the nazis did but i dont feel like it.
your an ignortent dumb ass if u think slavery was worse than the holocaust.
ok i know its like 6 years later but i thought this was important. they are equally bad. but you should watch 12 years a slave and then you'll know a slave isn't just whipped like 5 times. Its horrible.
Dale_Harris

Krugersdorp, South Africa

#502 May 13, 2014
A Doctor I knew lived through the Holocaust, only just. I would never begin to pass on the stories that he relayed to me. He was only kept alive because he was a Doctor. He was a German/Jew. Not only was his body scared and had numbers engraved into his arms but what it engraved into his mind was the worse possible. It is beyond my comprehension how the survivors lived with the unbearable memories of the camps and the evil that consumed Hitler.

This should not be a subject on Topix for Holocaust survivors can read it all.
Bob

United States

#503 Mar 21, 2015
Is this a joke? Slavery is CONSTANT in human. Every race of people, every ethnic group on this planet has been slaves at some point or another. There were Scottish slaves im America, Irish servants in Boston, and of course black slavery. Most of the Slaves who came to the new world went to South America, the vast majority in fact. 300,000 blacks in total were transplanted in America and today, Blacks are 13% of the US population. Blacks were ordered to work cotton and other segmemts of agriculture, and were essentially personal belongings to their slaveholders, whom owned them. Though some Slaves were treated as more or less extended members of a family. The worst part of slavery was the voyage over.

The Holocaust was an attempt to remove certain ethnic groups deemed unworthy to live. The main method was death, though many were kept for slave labor, because Germany needed a large workforce. It was government policy by the spring of 1942 to exterminate Jews from the continent of Europe through death camps and mass shootings. There is also empirical evidence of medical experiments being performed at certain camp locations. The motivation behind the Holocaust was destruction and ethnic cleansing.

Which is worse? They cannot be compared, they both have different dynamics and motivations. One involved mass forced labor for purely economic reasons, the involved mass murder.

But if you were to ask which of the two was driven by a more extreme form of racism, then its definitely the Holocaust.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#505 Mar 22, 2015
Bob wrote:
Is this a joke? Slavery is CONSTANT in human. Every race of people, every ethnic group on this planet has been slaves at some point or another. There were Scottish slaves im America, Irish servants in Boston, and of course black slavery. Most of the Slaves who came to the new world went to South America, the vast majority in fact. 300,000 blacks in total were transplanted in America.

Your 8 points above.--------- You are absolutely correct.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#506 Mar 22, 2015
Bob wrote:
Blacks are 13% of the US population.

Americans who classify as African American are around 12.2% of the United States population.

But, there is much more involved with this dynamic.

Mid 1966 till now.---------

This nations black / African American population has been able to maintain their percentage. ONLY because of these very critical factors.---------

1. Immigration from the Anglophone, French / Creole speaking Caribbean black nations, & from Africa.

2. Birth rates of immigrants from the Anglophone, French / Creole speaking Caribbean black nations, & from Africa.

3. Black Americans who have ancestral roots from the Anglophone, French / Creole speaking Caribbean black nations, & from Africa HAD to classify as black. Or, as African American.

This is changing.

In my next post, I will point out what is happening.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#507 Mar 22, 2015
Bob.---------

Black Americans who have ancestral roots from the Anglophone, French / Creole speaking Caribbean black nations, & from Africa are being given escape hatches in regards to race.

Black Americans who have ancestral roots from the Anglophone, French / Creole speaking Caribbean black nations, & from Africa have very much been encouraged to seek separate classification. DIFFERENT from African American.

Blacks who have ancestral roots from the Anglophone, French / Creole speaking Caribbean black nations, & from Africa have not received the separate classification yet. But, in due time, they will.

Once this happens, this will even FURTHER fracture & fragment the African American "community" even more.

Blacks who have ancestral roots from the Anglophone, French / Creole speaking Caribbean black nations, & from Africa are being given "Pseudo Honorary White Status" in the United States.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#508 Mar 22, 2015
Bob wrote:
Blacks were ordered to work cotton and other segmemts of agriculture, and were essentially personal belongings to their slaveholders, whom owned them. Though some Slaves were treated as more or less extended members of a family. The worst part of slavery was the voyage over.
The Holocaust was an attempt to remove certain ethnic groups deemed unworthy to live. The main method was death, though many were kept for slave labor, because Germany needed a large workforce. It was government policy by the spring of 1942 to exterminate Jews from the continent of Europe through death camps and mass shootings. There is also empirical evidence of medical experiments being performed at certain camp locations. The motivation behind the Holocaust was destruction and ethnic cleansing.

Your 12 points above.--------- You are absolutely correct.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#509 Mar 22, 2015
Bob wrote:
they both have different dynamics and motivations. One involved mass forced labor for purely economic reasons, the involved mass murder.
But if you were to ask which of the two was driven by a more extreme form of racism, then its definitely the Holocaust.

Your 5 points above.--------- You are 150% right on the mark.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#510 Mar 22, 2015
idk wrote:
<quoted text>but you should watch 12 years a slave.

Pff, come on. You throwing up a movie as an indicator, where you are claiming that slavery was worse than the Holocaust.

The movie Twelve Years a Slave initially received high reviews. Afterwards, there were way MORE critics.

Regardless, the Holocaust was WAY worse than American slavery.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#511 Mar 22, 2015
Thauglytruth wrote:
Oh yea Im using affirmitive action to go to law school.

Even if that is the case, so what.

I state "so what", because regardless, you are an African American (Descendant of a black American slaves). Guaranteed, you will FAIL in life.

The United States does not need African Americans (Descendants of black American slaves) anymore. Because this nation has mass numbers of Hispanics (Afro-Latinos included). Hispanics (Afro-Latinos included) are one of the United States preferred "minorities". Hispanics (Afro-Latinos included) are way preferred. OVER African Americans (Descendants of black American slaves).
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#512 Mar 22, 2015
Faris wrote:
I'm NOT a African American but a Black American.

The descendants of black American slaves have been referred to a few different ways throughout history. Here they are.---------

1. 1776 till late 1969.-------

The descendants of black American slaves were referred to as these two names.------

Negroes. Or, coloreds.

2. Early 1970 till late 1988.--------

The descendants of black American slaves were referred to as blacks.

3. Early 1989 till now.---------

The descendants of black American slaves have been referred to as these two names.-------

Black. Primarily as African American.

Back in 1988.--------

Left wing African American (Descendants of black American slaves) "leaders" were at the forefront of having black Americans be referred to as African American.

The Reverend Jesse Jackson Sr. was the main left wing African American "leader" who was behind this.

So, if you want to blame anyone, blame the left wing African American (Descendants of black American slaves) "leaders" for the name change.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#513 Mar 22, 2015
Jake wrote:
Slavery was worse because it lasted 500 years.

Clearly, American slavery lasted longer than the Holocaust.

But, the Holocaust was WAY worse than American slavery.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#514 Mar 22, 2015
jessica styles wrote:
<quoted text>no matter if you pink purple or green were all the same.

Totally NOT true.

At the core of the United States group dynamics, racial dynamics, & racial politics is the African American (Descendants of black American slaves) & White-American divide.

Asians, Hispanics (Afro-Latinos included), Pacific Islanders, & Native Americans all have escape hatches in regards to race.

Blacks who have ancestral roots from the Anglophone, French / Creole speaking Caribbean black nations, & from Africa are being given escape hatches in regards to race.
Johnny

Oak Creek, WI

#515 Mar 22, 2015
Rod.---------

You said "Slavery! Le me just put it this way, 400 YEARS!".---------

Clearly, American slavery lasted longer than the Holocaust.

But, the Holocaust was WAY worse than American slavery.

You said "Lets move on and learn from the past".---------

True.

Regardless.---------

The United States does not need African Americans (Descendants of black American slaves) anymore. Because this nation has mass numbers of Hispanics (Afro-Latinos included). Hispanics (Afro-Latinos included) are one of the United States preferred "minorities". Hispanics (Afro-Latinos included) are way preferred. OVER African Americans (Descendants of black American slaves).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Joe Fortuna 56,248
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min Sam Hall 445,933
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 min Lost In Transition 182,970
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min Robert F 650,624
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 30 min old school 44,989
White gay slaves who like black masters (Nov '14) 39 min blackdick 5
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 1 hr Joe Fortuna 4,861
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Hangman 971,868
More from around the web