Toyota Circles the Wagons to Defend i...

Toyota Circles the Wagons to Defend its Brand

There are 19 comments on the CBS News story from Mar 6, 2010, titled Toyota Circles the Wagons to Defend its Brand. In it, CBS News reports that:

Toyota continues its campaign to get out of the automaker penalty box and to defend the quality of its electronic systems.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“Don't be afraid of my Freedom”

Since: Sep 09

or your own

#1 Mar 6, 2010
Now that corporations are considered people we should execute Toyota.

Also don't forget, Soylent Green is people.
TEA

United States

#2 Mar 6, 2010
What a tangled web Toyota has spun for it's self.

Also don't forget the Bataan Death March...Toyota is NOT your friend!
gus

Vancouver, Canada

#3 Mar 6, 2010
TEA wrote:
What a tangled web Toyota has spun for it's self.
Also don't forget the Bataan Death March...Toyota is NOT your friend!
...the WAR'S over dumbo and my FJ Cruiser is still as brilliant as the day I bought it!!!

“PRESIDENT TRUMP & VP PENCE”

Since: Mar 09

WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

#4 Mar 6, 2010
What is President Pinocchio trying to ..start a war with Japan?? All they need to do is call in their debt and we're fkd..we owe them more money than we do China.

In other covered up news by the MSM..

The Government run GM is recalling 1.3 million cars because of steering problems.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#6 Mar 6, 2010
gus wrote:
<quoted text>
...the WAR'S over dumbo and my FJ Cruiser is still as brilliant as the day I bought it!!!
Your FJ's resale value just dropped by association. I'm glad you love it, because you're gonna' need to hold on to it.
diane

Fort Saint John, Canada

#7 Mar 6, 2010
i have bought Toyota cars and trucks for years they have never caused me a moments problem. they have been into a garage alot few times then any of my exs. GM's have been. and how come NOBODY is saying a damn thing about the GMs that are being recalled, ENOUGH allready with Toyota, will always have an excellent product. And all these so called accidents that are happening. it is Called GREED !!!! nothing more. i wish them luck trying to prove it was the vechile.:) have a good one

“6 of one, 0110 of the other.”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#8 Mar 6, 2010
TEA wrote:
What a tangled web Toyota has spun for it's self.
Also don't forget the Bataan Death March...Toyota is NOT your friend!
And don't forget about the Battle of Bull Run, buy only from manufacturers North of the Mason-Dixon line! Anything else is treason!
OMG

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Mar 6, 2010
diane wrote:
i have bought Toyota cars and trucks for years they have never caused me a moments problem. they have been into a garage alot few times then any of my exs. GM's have been. and how come NOBODY is saying a damn thing about the GMs that are being recalled, ENOUGH allready with Toyota, will always have an excellent product. And all these so called accidents that are happening. it is Called GREED !!!! nothing more. i wish them luck trying to prove it was the vechile.:) have a good one
GM is now Government Motors and you can't expect obuma to bring down his bailout buddy...

“NM Desert Rat”

Since: Mar 08

Elephant Butte, N.M.

#10 Mar 6, 2010
They have some serious house cleaning to do before they will be trusted again.

“EVOLUTION IS EXTINCTION”

Since: Aug 07

MARIETTA, GA

#11 Mar 7, 2010
"Toyota Circles the Wagons to Defend its Brand"

Well, then! May the circle be unbroken....'cept by us smart car buyers.

I have not put a UAW car in my driveway since 1977. And during this 33 year period (I am 61 years old) I have owned all Jap cars.

“EVOLUTION IS EXTINCTION”

Since: Aug 07

MARIETTA, GA

#12 Mar 7, 2010
NM Desert Rat wrote:
They have some serious house cleaning to do before they will be trusted again.
You may want to check sales numbers before you make that statement: http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-...

Even with the numbers down, following the media rape, Toyota still occupies 2 of the top five slots. Jap cars occupy 5 of the top 10 spots. And UAW Chrysler cars don not place until you reach number 16.

By the way, Ford Motor Company, never a participant in government run, socialist automobile companies, occupies the number one spot as sales leader.
Deng

China

#14 Mar 7, 2010
diane wrote:
i have bought Toyota cars and trucks for years they have never caused me a moments problem. they have been into a garage alot few times then any of my exs. GM's have been. and how come NOBODY is saying a damn thing about the GMs that are being recalled, ENOUGH allready with Toyota, will always have an excellent product. And all these so called accidents that are happening. it is Called GREED !!!! nothing more. i wish them luck trying to prove it was the vechile.:) have a good one
The objective here is to Bash Japan by attacking one of the oldest companies in Japan, Toyota. In the end, it's Politics that is not playing too well for the United States interests in Japan itself. There are different ways to handle this kind of situation and Bashing Japan is not doing much for America's tattered image in the world

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#15 Mar 7, 2010
Maybe they could just change the name of Toyota to something else.

Maybe American Motors.

Oh wait - we've already had that name and the company died.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#16 Mar 7, 2010
deer three pink wrote:
<quoted text>
You may want to check sales numbers before you make that statement: http://online.wsj.com/mdc/public/page/2_3022-...
Even with the numbers down, following the media rape, Toyota still occupies 2 of the top five slots. Jap cars occupy 5 of the top 10 spots. And UAW Chrysler cars don not place until you reach number 16.
By the way, Ford Motor Company, never a participant in government run, socialist automobile companies, occupies the number one spot as sales leader.
Since 2006 when Ford released the Fusion I started buying more of their stock. I figured they were going to do well in the future, but never saw the meltdown coming that we went through...at least in the extreme it happened. It's good to see Ford as #1. All I own are Ford's. 4 of them.
diane

Kamloops, Canada

#17 Mar 7, 2010
Deng wrote:
<quoted text>
The objective here is to Bash Japan by attacking one of the oldest companies in Japan, Toyota. In the end, it's Politics that is not playing too well for the United States interests in Japan itself. There are different ways to handle this kind of situation and Bashing Japan is not doing much for America's tattered image in the world
your right about that its just to bad the American Media couldn't get that same message they do alot more harm then good sometimes. just like they never shut up about Tiger good lord you would have thought he was a Child Molester the way they went on.those (Ladies) were probalby lined up outside his door.doesn't say much for them.

Since: Jun 09

Scrotum, Idaho

#18 Mar 7, 2010
diane wrote:
<quoted text>
.
.
just like they never shut up about Tiger

good lord you would have thought he was a Child Molester the way they went on.
.
.
So true.

The exact same thing with Michael Jackson.
OMG

United States

#19 Mar 9, 2010
Just resolve the issue - people or machine?

“Don't be afraid of my Freedom”

Since: Sep 09

or your own

#20 Mar 10, 2010
Telstar wrote:
<quoted text>
.
.
So true.
The exact same thing with Michael Jackson.
Except he was a child molester.

“Liberal Teachers ruin Kids”

Since: Mar 09

Paradise Valley Arizona

#21 Mar 12, 2010
Toyota is total garbage and should be forced to leave our USA......Period

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what are the physical differences between india... (Jun '09) 3 min Dolly1081 84
The Future of Politics in America 6 min truth 217
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min Scaritual 88,062
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 7 min Serum2874 54,093
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Kiss2593 619,181
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 16 min Kisser5101 3,950
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 20 min Humps1995 45,818
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 38 min Brian_G 977,271
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 50 min Licks8751 526
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min Lips6855 665,279
Secular Humanism VS Christianity 1 hr Dripz4646 102
More from around the web