sue the danged gov and then sue the a...

sue the danged gov and then sue the atheist

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

memee

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Oct 22, 2013
Somebody should sue the government because they allow atheists to promote an agenda that is not in line with our constitution.
Wish it would happen today.
PDX Dave

Portland, OR

#2 Oct 22, 2013
Sounds like you're volunteering for the job! LoL
hmm

Seychelles

#3 Oct 22, 2013
i know what you mean. he says he is not forcing anything down anybody neck.
he accuses the christian of doing that.
but he is pushing his religion harder than the christian does.
http://firstchurchofatheism.com/
lazy atheist

Blacklick, OH

#4 Oct 22, 2013
memee wrote:
Somebody should sue the government because they allow atheists to promote an agenda that is not in line with our constitution.
What agenda would that be?
lazy atheist

Blacklick, OH

#5 Oct 22, 2013
hmm wrote:
i know what you mean. he says he is not forcing anything down anybody neck.
he accuses the christian of doing that.
but he is pushing his religion harder than the christian does.
http://firstchurchofatheism.com/
Seems kind of silly.

Are you sure this isn't some sort of sarcasm or troll?
christINSANITY is EVIL

Wheatley, Canada

#6 Oct 22, 2013
memee wrote:
The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense founded on the Christian religion

Many Religious Right activists have attempted to rewrite history by asserting that the United States government derived from Christian foundations, that our Founding Fathers originally aimed for a Christian nation. This idea simply does not hold to the historical evidence.

The U.S. Constitution

The United States Constitution serves as the law of the land for America and indicates the intent of our Founding Fathers. The Constitution forms a secular document, and nowhere does it appeal to God, Christianity, Jesus, or any supreme being.(For those who think the date of the Constitution contradicts the last sentence, see note 1 at the end.)
The U.S. government derives from people (not God), as it clearly states in the preamble: "We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect Union...." The omission of God in the Constitution did not come out of forgetfulness, but rather out of the Founding Fathers purposeful intentions to keep government separate from religion.
Cisco Kid

Clements, CA

#7 Oct 22, 2013
memee wrote:
I think your thinking is a bit off track.

While the basis for the US government IS based upon Judeo-Christian principles, it is not intended to be a theocracy.

As a practicing Catholic I would shudder at the thought of a government protestant religion in control.

Just as the founding fathers did, we endorse all people's right to pursue their particular religion or non-religion.
This is America, the land of Liberty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min kent 650,288
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min ATHEOI 56,030
Why did God allow sin into His universe? 10 min WasteWater 19
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 21 min trifecta1 971,775
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 22 min andet1987 2,327
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 32 min RiccardoFire 44,959
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 47 min Hell is Real 445,914
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 15 hr akon mason 70
More from around the web