Pastor Wilson's Love Letter To Miley ...

Pastor Wilson's Love Letter To Miley Cyrus

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

andet1987

Chicago, IL

#1 Aug 29, 2013
MEMPHIS, TN -(WMC-TV)- By now, many of you have seen or heard about Miley Cyrus' memorable (for lack of a better term) performance on 2013 MTV Video Music Awards Sunday night. Two days after an overwhelmingly negative response, a Memphis pastor wrote an open letter of love to the former Disney Channel star. That letter is going viral. In the letter, Pastor Jarrid Wilson sympathized with the teen idol.
"I'm not going throw any scripture at you. I'm not going to tell you how wrong you are. And I'm not going to tell you that you need Jesus. Why? Because frankly, I think you already know all of these things."
It continued, "I can't imagine being constantly surrounded by drugs, sex and alcohol. And I can't imagine the peer pressure you must feel from labels, managers, and other artists around the world pressuring you to be something you're not."
To read the pastor's entire letter, click here: http://ftpcontent4.worldnow.com/wmctv/dearmil...
Wilson is a pastor who used to work at High Point Church.
"This was a letter of people that don't even know you, care about you enough to tell you that you deserve to respected," explained Wilson. "Who knows if she'll read it but we hope this is something she can read and say,'Wow, people out there that I don't even know, they understand what I'm going through and they love me regardless of the stuff that I've done.'"
The letter is getting so many viewers that it crashed Wilson's website. Within four hours, he had 20,000 hits. It was shared more than 50,000 times on Facebook and was a trending topic on Twitter.
Why the overwhelming response?
Wilson says perhaps it was the letter's message of grace, encouragement, and a second chance.
"Everyone else that read that post or retweeted that post or sent it to a friend, they're struggling with something as well," said Wilson. "When everyone else was just going against her, my wife and I decided ... let's stick up for the underdog, let's be on her side."
It is a letter of love and hope, resonating on social media with people looking for something positive.
To visit Pastor Wilson's blog, click here: http://jarridwilson.com/an-open-letter-to-mil...

(Please note due to the high volume of web traffic it is receiving, this site may become intermittently unavailable).

Since: Apr 13

Scappoose, Oregon USA

#4 Aug 29, 2013
"This was a letter of people that don't even know you, care about you enough to tell you that you deserve to respected," I have no problem with such a sentiment, of course she deserves to be respected! We all do. And as for her performances at the various awards, such as the 2013 VMA, I think she does a fantastic job. Hey, the girl is a performer – not a professional "example for your children". She's young, she's hot, she has a dynamite body and she's using it – enjoying it while she can! I say good for her, and boo on all the detractors and Miley haters. Her biggest crime was, growing up and not being Hannah Montana any more. And people can't handle that! She did not go the 'drugging and drinking' route, because she has good parents active in her life I think. Plus, she's just too smart to do that! Whoever's doing her marketing for her, good for them. Her star continues to rise – and I'm not even particularly a fan of her music.
Knock off purse seller

Denver, CO

#6 Aug 30, 2013
What she did is what lots of other artists have done. So I dont understand the outrage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 118,569
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 678,602
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 38 min RiversideRedneck 2,134
News Bill to loosen financial rules would save $24 b... 42 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
News Trump budget promises balance in decade, relies... 48 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 4
News An ambitious ruler defeated by his own hubris: ... 50 min UidiotRaceUMAKEWO... 2
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 33,210
More from around the web