Geneva policy won't halt US interroga...

Geneva policy won't halt US interrogations

There are 24 comments on the The Washington Post story from Jul 12, 2006, titled Geneva policy won't halt US interrogations. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The U.S. military order to apply basic provisions of the Geneva Conventions to terrorism detainees at Guantanamo Bay does not mean they will get the Swiss francs, parcels from home or full protections afforded ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
punkyraccoon

Since: Dec 05

Jeffersonville, IN

#26 Jul 19, 2006
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm, I wonder how bad innocent civilians from all over the world felt when they had to make the decision to jump from the burning twin towers or stay there and burn to death. I cannot fathom the grief that went on in the passangers minds on all of the planes that went down on 9/11. Maybe my heart is hardened but I havent forgotten. In any war in history innocent civilians have been killed. The war against terrorism is a war that has never been dealt with to this extent. Our men and woman of the armed forces are not there to kill anyone. They are there to bring justice. THE UNITED STATES IS NOT THE BAD GUYS IN IRAQ, THE TERRORIST ARE!!!
Thank you, Ken. Well taken! Unless, of course, Bonzo is a terrorist sympathiser, he does not seem to grasp the concept of why we went there in the first place. We, the American people must protect our land, our people from people like the Terrorist! As far as I'm concerned this debate as to why we are there is over.
Swedenforever

Indianapolis, IN

#28 May 29, 2014
Home Boy wrote:
We are very close to a Police State, and an arms length
from a Dictatorship
A self appointed Dictator acting as President
George Whorehouse Bush
Our government as is, consists of nothing less than
organized crime and a corrupt syndicate that will
stop at nothing to remain in power
Washington D.C.(District of criminals)
Darn those pesky facts!
Swedenforever

Indianapolis, IN

#29 May 29, 2014
open mind wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what and who do you think our soldiers are fighting and dying for? Just the interests of the US? Is it possible that our soldiers believe that freedom for the Iraqi child is worth dying for and that, in itself, suggests that they do '...have a place on earth.' Wouldn't you agree? In that case, you might want to revisit the hate-filled comment that you just made!
You are an imbecile!, the Bin Bush Laden Oil Co. didn't care about Iraqi citizens-it was the a big CON..If only the Dems would have impeached this cainbinet for genocide-they were letting this go to easy..that's why Im a left leaning Independent now..I don't care about the primaries anymore..We the Sheeple was here
The Light Bearer

Sparta, NJ

#30 May 29, 2014
GOD Bless America!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min BenAdam 841,047
News Teacher back in class after Bush-Hitler comparison (Mar '06) 17 min Marc 142
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min Regina 591,227
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 176,963
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Jac 100,156
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 40,570
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr Truth Doctor 4,714
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Just Wondering 612,243
More from around the web