Kennett Missouri Murder-Why Does Topix Keep Pulling This Thread

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 07

United States

#1 Feb 8, 2008
On The Kennett Missouri Forum, Several people are trying to discuss a murder that happened in 1974. It keeps getting pulled, FOR NO REASON.
Below is the beginning of the 3rd attempt at discussing it.
"First, everyone should know, Lee Ann Garrison was brutally beaten and sustained a single gunshot wound to the head. The assult occurred in her bedroom and she was dressed--in a long nightgown--for bed. This murder, in my opinion, was a crime of rage/passion. It was over-kill!(The crime scene photos and autopsy report substantiate this.) I believe Dr. Garrison felt he was owned by the Wilson family (and in truth, he was). I think he probably had a great deal of anger toward the family in general and toward Lee Ann in particular.
Second, the Garrison children were suppose to return to Kennett the week Lee Ann was murdered. The children were suppose to be returned on or about September 10th (I think). Dr. Garrison had failed to return them at the end of the agreed upon six week Mississippi visit and was already in breech of the custody agreement.

United States

#2 Feb 8, 2008
Cont-
Third, the racial issue. A number of people have said that Lee Ann's father killed her because she was having liasons with black men. Well, wouldn't that also be a motive for a white man from Mississippi in the 1970s? Would he want to return his children to a mother that was purportedly engaging in that behavior? It seems short-sighted to consider it as a motive for one person and not the other. Who was larger stakeholder here?
Fouth, incest. I do not know if there was a sexual abuse history in the Wilson family. I think the incest tread may have been woven into the fabric of this story by the book "The Sin." In that book, the father went so far as to douche his daughter's dead body in order to "cleanse and purify" her.(It has been years since I read that book, but that awful phase has stuck with me.) Lee Ann's body was not subjected to this type of cleansing as the coroner's report (Dr. Pu) would attest to. The book is fiction...using the basic story as a back drop..if you will...(bad)art

United States

#3 Feb 8, 2008
Cont-
Fifth, the evidence. Dr. Garrison's finger print and the infamous 4-toe footprint were found in blood at the crime scene. The Missouri Highway Patrol (I think) collected this evidence incorrectly. When fingerprints are in blood, the valleys and ridges of the print reverse. The print is suppose to be photographed before the print is lifted. The police did not photograph the print. The defense presented information at trial that suggested a print could be transferred from one site to another...such as if you were trying to frame someone for a crime. I am not sure if this transfer process is applicable when the print is in blood, but I suppose it was enough to create some reasonable doubt about the evidence validity for the jury.
At trial (about 2 years after the murder), Dr. Garrison was able to make a 5-toe footprint. I suppose a cortisone injection and some physical therapy could have brought about this feat(feet...ha!)
LeeAnnFan

United States

#4 Feb 8, 2008
Cont-
Holcomb, MO Reply
|Report Abuse |#2 41 min ago
Here are some other thoughts:
The Alibi: Dr. Garrison was suppose to be on a houseboat on Pickwick(sp)lake at the time of the murder. Why would a man who is suppose to return his children to their mother in a few days, be with friends on a boat (without his kids)? Wouldn't it be more likely that he would want to spend time with his children?
Is it possible that people lie for their friends? Is it possible that people who use drugs (as some of you have indicated on here) would lie for a friend who was a doctor with presciptive authority? The Alibi continued: At trial, the defense made a point of how bad the weather was in Mississippi that weekend...so bad that, for the first time in history, a football game was cancelled. This was introjected by the defense to reduce the thought that maybe Dr. Garrison had gone to Kennett by aircraft. If the weather was SO BAD...why would you be on a lake in the first place???
One of the alibi witnesses (Linda) was not available at trial. She was supposedly hospitalized in Mississippi and could not attend the trial. Think maybe she was having an attack of conscience? Her deposition, as an alibi witness, was submitted by the defense. She, however was not avaiable for cross-examination.(How convenient) The Jury: When the defense puts the victim's character on trial...is it not possible that some jurors might ignore the evidence and think "had it come'n" and vote for acquittal.(In the OJ case the jury ignored the physical evidence and focused on the impeached character of the victim and the investigators. In the Scott Peterson case, the victim's character was not able to be impeached, but the character of the defendent was; and, he was convicted despite ANY real physical evidence.)
The defense in the Garrison case also played on the sympathies of the jury when they told the jury: "There are three children waiting with outstretched arms....." In other words, send this man home to be with his family.(They did)

United States

#5 Feb 8, 2008
bump
LeeAnnFan

Senath, MO

#6 Feb 9, 2008
we are still waiting for an answer.....

United States

#7 Feb 9, 2008
LeeAnnFan wrote:
we are still waiting for an answer.....
At least so far the Kennett thread hasn't been pulled.
LeeAnnFan

Senath, MO

#8 Feb 9, 2008
...........and waiting.........

United States

#9 Feb 9, 2008
Justice for Lee Ann...how do we start a website?

“why did I miss this?”

Since: May 07

lapeer, Michigan

#12 Feb 10, 2008
LeeAnnFan wrote:
First, you would purchase the URL (www._______), then it must be hosted on a server (I just happen to have one). That's the easy part.
The harder side of it is the design, and maintainence of it. I don't have time to devote to the compiling, organizing, and updating it.
I could register the name and host the site, but someone would have to build it, and maintain it.
you could also start a myspace, facebook page or something similar for free.

“My Heart Soars Like A Hawk”

Since: Feb 07

Caruthersville, Mo.

#13 Feb 10, 2008
This happened 34 years ago let it go and move on.

United States

#18 Feb 10, 2008
Handsome Jimmy wrote:
This happened 34 years ago let it go and move on.
God forbid something happens to any of my loved ones and they decide to just "Let it Go."
Besides, she was a fellow human being, where's your compassion?

United States

#19 Feb 10, 2008
LeeAnnFan wrote:
First, you would purchase the URL (www._______), then it must be hosted on a server (I just happen to have one). That's the easy part.
The harder side of it is the design, and maintainence of it. I don't have time to devote to the compiling, organizing, and updating it.
I could register the name and host the site, but someone would have to build it, and maintain it.
Sorry, I posted an email addy on the Kennett Thread before I saw this reply....
ibedamn

Houston, TX

#21 Feb 10, 2008
I support the advocate movement for Justice for Lee Ann Garrison.

Please sign and BUMP this thread.
We welcome all for the cause.
God Bless
GD
ibedamn

Houston, TX

#23 Feb 10, 2008
You haven't any idea how big this is.Good luck LeeAnnFan...and God Bless you....AND God Bless Kimberly!
Digger :)

PLEASE SHOW SUPPORT...BUMP FOR JUSTICE!!!
ibedamn

Houston, TX

#28 Feb 11, 2008
And Fan...before you go any further...get yourself a proxy server...hide your isp hun.
We'll discuss it soon...when we get the site up.
More details to follow.
digger
MaryM

Kielce, Poland

#29 Feb 11, 2008
bump
LeeAnnFan

Senath, MO

#30 Feb 11, 2008
This is not page 2 material.....back to the top!
ibedamn

Houston, TX

#32 Feb 11, 2008
BUMP FOR JUSTICE
Gravedigger

Houston, TX

#34 Feb 11, 2008
Please Bump for Justice

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min Johnny 4,832
2002 Ford Explorer Sport Keypad Code Location (Apr '11) 11 min chas 8
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 16 min It aint necessari... 777,409
sexting (guys only) (Jul '12) 17 min eragonlove321 213
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 33 min Peace_Warrior 605,275
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 40 min onemale 265,377
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr hojo 560,141
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web