Why do people not believe in God?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25464 Jun 4, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, since the Bible proves that Jesus is a false god, then your "Satan" must be working for the God of the Bible to keep people OUT of Hell...
LOL!

“Call me Walter”

Since: Nov 10

Dyersburg, TN

#25465 Jun 5, 2013
Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>
<runs up and drops off jug of fuel...runs away>
Bahahahahahaha

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#25466 Jun 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
God has revealed Himself to sinful, spiritually fallen man through His creation, but sinful man has resisted Him because he enjoys spiritual darkness and shuns holiness and righteousness...all to the delight of the Evil One, the Wicked One, Satan the devil, the Thief of the human soul.
100% correct!

This is why we live by faith now... Some folks think God is mean, they haven't seen the mean the that is going to happen. Wait until the 'Wrath of God' descends upon Earth. Every knee will fall to the ground in worship, believers and non-believers alike...

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#25467 Jun 5, 2013
IXSatanXI wrote:
<quoted text>
Bahahahahahaha
Here...(hands him a Fire Extinguisher)

Since God handed you over to me, it has been a full time job just trying to keep you out of trouble... lol

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25468 Jun 5, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
Every knee will fall to the ground in worship, believers and non-believers alike...
False.

If, by some ugly twist of horrid fate, your monster-terrorist god IS real and DOES end the world?

**I** will not bow to such a monster-- I might hork a lugi in his masochistic eye--but I won't BOW NOR KNEEL.

Kneeling is what SLAVES do. I'm not a slave.

So your claim, above? Is just an ugly display of your ugly ego.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25469 Jun 5, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Here...(hands him a Fire Extinguisher)
Since God handed you over to me, it has been a full time job just trying to keep you out of trouble... lol
More display of hate and a massive ego on your part.

Sickening.
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#25470 Jun 5, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
False.
If, by some ugly twist of horrid fate, your monster-terrorist god IS real and DOES end the world?
**I** will not bow to such a monster-- I might hork a lugi in his masochistic eye--but I won't BOW NOR KNEEL.
Kneeling is what SLAVES do. I'm not a slave.
So your claim, above? Is just an ugly display of your ugly ego.
When the Lord Jesus Christ returns upon the clouds of heaven, you will confess His Lordship. So stop speaking as a FOOL.
loufran

Pittsburgh, PA

#25471 Jun 5, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …
Unfortunate hes dead doesnt exist

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25472 Jun 5, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>When the Lord Jesus Christ returns upon the clouds of heaven, you will confess His Lordship. So stop speaking as a FOOL.
Nope. Not even then-- should the IMPOSSIBLE happen, and your ugly terror-god be real.

Not.

Even.

Then.

Never, will I admit your terror-god is a "lord".

Never-ever-- your god?

Is unworthy-- a MONSTER. An EVIL creation of insane and deluded fools.

And gullible idiots such as you?

STILL don't get it...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25473 Jun 5, 2013
loufran wrote:
youtube.com/watch?v=MUwjKzkA2b g …
Unfortunate hes dead doesnt exist
There's 10 seconds (about all I could stand to watch) I'll never get back...

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#25474 Jun 6, 2013
I can tell you why I personally didn't believe in God... Because I wasn't looking for God. My mind and heart were closed, so I looked for evidence to the contrary.

I am a firm believer that when one looks for something, they will find what they are looking for. A form of Representative Realism ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_r... ). A person's internal maps dictate what is meaningful to them as evidence of what's real or not. I believe that God changed my heart so that I would seek him out.

So I went from being agnostic, to believing in God. I can tell you that for me, it has created a happier life.

“Call me Walter”

Dyersburg, TN

#25475 Jun 6, 2013
scambuster wrote:
I can tell you why I personally didn't believe in God... Because I wasn't looking for God. My mind and heart were closed, so I looked for evidence to the contrary.
I am a firm believer that when one looks for something, they will find what they are looking for. A form of Representative Realism ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Representative_r... ). A person's internal maps dictate what is meaningful to them as evidence of what's real or not. I believe that God changed my heart so that I would seek him out.
So I went from being agnostic, to believing in God. I can tell you that for me, it has created a happier life.
So what you are saying is that the human brain tends to see things that aren't there when we manage to coinvince ourselves that it is.

Location hidden

#25478 Jun 6, 2013
IXSatanXI wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you are saying is that the human brain tends to see things that aren't there when we manage to coinvince ourselves that it is.
Not exactly. Did you read the linked article?
Carlita Marie

Dallas, TX

#25479 Jun 6, 2013
I am thinking it's cause ppl don't want to admit there is a higher authority to answer to after you die for the way you lived your life and things you did. People want to believe they can murder and steel and rape and if police never find them they get away with it, they don't want to admit to themselves this is not true and one day they will stand in front of the ultimate judge who knows all their secrets. That's too frightening of thought and so they deny it and call themselves an atheist.

“Call me Walter”

Dyersburg, TN

#25480 Jun 6, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Not exactly. Did you read the linked article?
Nope, I don't click links from people I don't know.

“Call me Walter”

Dyersburg, TN

#25481 Jun 6, 2013
Carlita Marie wrote:
I am thinking it's cause ppl don't want to admit there is a higher authority to answer to after you die for the way you lived your life and things you did. People want to believe they can murder and steel and rape and if police never find them they get away with it, they don't want to admit to themselves this is not true and one day they will stand in front of the ultimate judge who knows all their secrets. That's too frightening of thought and so they deny it and call themselves an atheist.
Or is it because christians NEED to believe in something bigger because you cannot accept that death is the end.

Location hidden

#25482 Jun 6, 2013
Carlita Marie wrote:
That's not true at all. I was agnostic, and the thought to steal, murder, or rape never crossed my mind. I wasn't a non-believer because I wanted to "pretend that there is no god", as you seem to suggest, but simply for the fact that I didn't believe, and it didn't make sense to me.

I believe in God now, but when I didn't it was not for any of those reasons. Non-believers just as good and evil as believers. People are people. They are not atheists because they are despicable people, they are atheists because they don't believe. Nothing more.

Location hidden

#25483 Jun 6, 2013
IXSatanXI wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I don't click links from people I don't know.
Better to be safe, I guess! Too much internet for you?
boris

UK

#25484 Jun 6, 2013
i laughed when i read this, im not even joking, i dont see how anyone can possibly believe such things unless its been rammed down your throat from day one, in which case people will believe ANYTHING.

personally, as a young child i remember the day i asked my mum "how can people believe we were made by some wizard in a cloud?"

“Call me Walter”

Dyersburg, TN

#25485 Jun 6, 2013
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to be safe, I guess! Too much internet for you?
I know this may be difficult to believe, but I have a lot of haters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the real reason Obama allowed and mosque near G... 3 min Doctor REALITY 2
"How much WIGGLIN' you plan on DOIN'??! lol 8 min Doctor REALITY 3
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 17 min I Am No One_ 444,300
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Liam 596,196
The Christian Atheist debate 30 min Mr Wiggley 932
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 42 min tamizh 7,334
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 854,662
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr Pegdeninchina 612,608
More from around the web