Why do people not believe in God?

Since: Apr 12

Whitesboro, NY

#25422 May 13, 2013
somebody wrote:
<quoted text> Chris I get why you say there's no God Chris God can change your life if you choose to accept him here's something to think about wouldn't you rather become a Chistian rather to be safe than sorry. Chris God loves you and no matter how much bad you've done he will forgive you if you ask Chris you have a purpose.
Typical Christian response...can't come up with a GOOD answer so let's just preach to someone instead and that makes up for the lack of an intelligent answer...

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#25423 May 13, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Thor. Almighty Thor-- the wielder of Lightning, the holder of Molnir.
That other guy? He got his azz nailed to a stick...
.... Thor for the Win!
;)
At least we have PROOF that Thor is real: there are NO giants to be found, anywhere. If Thor had not killed them all, there would still be giants running around eating people.

Since: Apr 12

Whitesboro, NY

#25424 May 13, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
At least we have PROOF that Thor is real: there are NO giants to be found, anywhere. If Thor had not killed them all, there would still be giants running around eating people.
Where is proof of Thor?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25425 May 13, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
That is an excellent point!

There really are NO MORE ICE GIANTS.

One of Thor's promises-- kept.

:D

“Call me Walter”

Since: Nov 10

Dyersburg, TN

#25426 May 14, 2013
Sure_about that wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is proof of Thor?
In theatres and DVD everywhere.

#25427 May 14, 2013
Sure_about that wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is proof of Thor?
The fact that there are no giants running around killing and eating people.

“Call me Walter”

Since: Nov 10

Dyersburg, TN

#25428 May 16, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact that there are no giants running around killing and eating people.
Two words: Rosie O'donnell

Granted, she hasn't killed anyone YET, but....

#25429 May 16, 2013
IXSatanXI wrote:
<quoted text>
Two words: Rosie O'donnell
Granted, she hasn't killed anyone YET, but....
Width does not count. It is height that makes a giant...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25430 May 16, 2013
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Width does not count. It is height that makes a giant...
Do fat heads or giant over-arching egos count?

<laughing>

If they do, then most True Believers™ would easily qualify...

:)
Larry

United States

#25432 May 28, 2013
How can you intelligently say that because one believes in God he is unintelligent. That is not an statement that comes from an intelligent person. Anyone who will unselfishly search for the truth will find it. Problem is because you cannot handle someone requiring you to believe there is a greater power than yourself,that gives requirements to follow, you choose to live the way that is pleasing to yourself because you are selfish. But I promise you, one day,(hopefully before it is too late, you will beleive.
CHRIS NEEDS TO EVOLVE wrote:
CHRIS -
HOW CAN U BELIEVE IN GOD. NO PROOF. PERIOD. YOU IDIOTS. THERE IS NO ARGUMENT TO BE HAD, BECUZ ALL OF YOU LESS INTELLIGENT BEINGS SIMPLY SAY "YOU HAVE TO HAVE FAITH." STUPID STUPID STUPID. PLEASE HURRY UP AND EXPIRE SO YOU CAN BE REPLACED WITH AN INTELLIGENT BEING SUCH AS MYSELF. LOL.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25433 May 28, 2013
Larry wrote:
How can you intelligently say that because one believes in God he is unintelligent.
Easy: there is absolutely NO evidence or facts, to support the whole god-idea. None.

To claim otherwise? Is to lie to yourself-- a sure sign of a low intelligence.

Fortunately? It's easily fixed: quality education is the cure, here.

Have you noticed, that people with quality, advanced education, tend to be non-believers?

It's true.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25434 May 28, 2013
Larry wrote:
But I promise you, one day,(hopefully before it is too late, you will beleive.<quoted text>
Here?

You prove to 100% certainty, that you are of very low-grade intelligence.

You cannot win via normal, intelligent argument.

You cannot win with... FACTS.

So you stoop to threats and extortion-- exactly as a low-grade moron might do, to try to extort money from someone.

Threats.

That's all you got.

Pitiful.
Joe dugooder

Spencer, MA

#25435 May 28, 2013
Because he's real.

Www.newdrivewaypaving.com

#25436 May 28, 2013
Joe dugooder wrote:
Because he's real.
And where is your testable evidence to support this claim?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25438 May 28, 2013
Joe dugooder wrote:
Because he's real.
Who?

Joe Peschi?

I agree-- he's a real Hollywood actor.
ryan cuevas

San Diego, CA

#25439 Jun 1, 2013
Sometimes people ask me “If God loves us so much then why would He take our loved us away from us?” The actual reason is because He does not want them to suffer as much as they did on Earth. In fact He wants them to be with Him to wipe the tears from their eyes and look over their loved ones (friends and family). God will send angels from Heaven to protect them from evil spirits (Demons), which will come onto their friends and family to make them Mourn (to feel sad) and to be depressed. Even though these people feel lost and lose their faith in God all they have to know is that their loved ones will wait for them until they are reunited in Heaven.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25440 Jun 1, 2013
ryan cuevas wrote:
Sometimes people ask me “If God loves us so much then why would He take our loved us away from us?” The actual reason is because He does not want them to suffer as much as they did on Earth. In fact He wants them to be with Him to wipe the tears from their eyes and look over their loved ones (friends and family). God will send angels from Heaven to protect them from evil spirits (Demons), which will come onto their friends and family to make them Mourn (to feel sad) and to be depressed. Even though these people feel lost and lose their faith in God all they have to know is that their loved ones will wait for them until they are reunited in Heaven.
Such a load of horseshit I have not read in a long-long time.

Sickening.

That ugly god you worship? Nothing short of a monster.

A pretty accurate reflection of **you**, by the way...
Ryan

York, PA

#25442 Jun 1, 2013
Because they love their sin and don't want to accept a being who is above them and demands judgment upon sin.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25444 Jun 1, 2013
Ryan wrote:
Because they love their sin and don't want to accept a being who is above them and demands judgment upon sin.
What is this ... "sin" thing you refer to?

1) you have no facts showing your god is REAL

2) and you have no fact or proof even demonstrating your not-real god is actually "above" us in any way.

Your bible? Speaks of a god who behaves **exactly** like a little 2 year old toddler would. That's not "above".

That is beneath humanity.

3) you have failed to show this "sin" thing is a real thing-- let alone something judgement-worthy.

4) so no-- you lose, here.
Anonymous

Grayson, GA

#25445 Jun 1, 2013
I believe in God, the christian God. But ill be lieing if I don't say that I believe partially because im afraid to go to hell. Basically it seems that athiests either Hate God or they just don't want to deal with the weekly or daily requirements that most christians are somewhat obligated to. Yes I mean I don't believe to be but what if Im wrong, and there is no God? Then what, to tell the truth it would be actually convenient for the every body. But what if God is real? Then youll just sigh and say well, guess i was wrong, so might as well just burn in hell for the rest of eternity. If there is one "thing that is "concrete" evidence its that EVERYBODY DIES! one last thing, tell me this if there is no god, you mean to tell me that ALL the evil people in the record of history just died? They killed millions of people, and they suffer nothing from it. Yes God lets evil abound, but he also gave humans free will to actually control it, but people would rather sin than be good. Also hell is Gods way of punishing people that had a whole life time to right thing. Hitler. Stalin, Osama. You mean to tell me that they just died? If i were to kill your whole family just because they were white, you would want me to burn in hell for what I did, its a natural hatred against those who are actually that evil. To sum it up, you cant rely on concrete evidence for everything. give me a scientific cure for cancer, HIV AIDS, make me live forever physically, THEN I Might say yeah Gods not real. I pray that whatever is blinding you from actually having the will to believe is taken awawy. I really don't want atheists to go to hell just because they don't believe. But, for what purpose were humans put on this earth? To live or to die?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr ImPeach 25,612
Why do we live life when we have to die anyway? (Jul '13) 1 hr Frank 301
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr River Tam 985,633
Why it's time for Donald Trump to RESIGN...in d... 5 hr Doctor REALITY 17
Truth About The Term: "White Nationalists" 5 hr Johnny 6
Satan is the white man's god (Jul '08) 6 hr juliakk 185
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 6 hr juliakk 6,444
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 hr PadMark 685,654
More from around the web