|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiight.... your god "loves" us, but will TORTURE US FOREVER, if we don't bow and scrape to him as if we were mindless slaves?
Pass. Your god is just a stalker...
Any religion is silly and science would be real life!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> You are a potential atheist or agnostic. Many of us have come from that stage that you are in now. We have asked the same questions. Christians say that the buy has all the answers. They are right. The buybull reveals how cruel their god is.
In history of the thousands of socalled gods not even one is assured a real one!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Oxyseller39 wrote:
God is beautiful
Religion is all garbage!
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

<quoted text>
False.
Who Would Jesus Hate
... is the main motto of ALL Genuine Christians™, everywhere.
You are no different.
Those Jesus as a man may have lived 2000 years ago or so lived. Gods have never lived.
Henry

Bad Langensalza, Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

chris m wrote:
I've been thinking alot lately about how you can not believe in God. I been thinking how i would feel if I never believed in an after life. God tells us in the bible to not fear death. I just don't see how if you are an atheist, how you can not fear death. I mean, you believe that once you die, you die. I don't believe in heaven or in hell. How can you be satisfied with not living eternally. I mean, if you at least believed in God, you would have an after life or something to look forward after you die!
Science is a thing at the content of life. God is never been at all!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

orkin33 wrote:
BOB OF QUANTUM FAITH-WHY DON'T YOU TAKE A BREAK FROM "TINKING" AND JUST HAVE A PIZZA AND WATCH SOME T.V ! FOR GODS SAKE
You did not address my proof that your ugly godling isn't a real god.

Why?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Tom wrote:
I would say that most people that do not believe in God do it because they lead a conflicting life against the bible.
And you would be lying your self-righteous azz off.

But lying is what you sort do best, isn't it?

No-- the TRUTH is, if you just ASK your typical atheist?

They are atheist simply because your god isn't real.

Adults do not have imaginary friend, you see-- well, not >>sane<< adults at least.

Pity about you though, isn't it?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Any religion is silly and science would be real life!
That is correct!

Science is looking at the >>facts<< and trying to make sense of these.

Religion claims to >>already<< have "answers"-- and does it's dead-level best to DENY any and all facts.

The two could not possibly be farther apart.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Henry wrote:
<quoted text>
Those Jesus as a man may have lived 2000 years ago or so lived. Gods have never lived.
It is unlikely that there ever was a "jesus" as the bible-legends talk about.

No, it is much more likely that this is simply a legend-- not unlike the Greeks' Hercules, or the Romans' Romulus and Remus.

Just a story.

And nothing more than that.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Henry wrote:
Religion is all garbage!
That which distinguishes something as religion is garbage. Not all component pieces are trash.

I like your energy though.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Capillary Action wrote:
<quoted text>
That which distinguishes something as religion is garbage. Not all component pieces are trash.
I like your energy though.
True. But there isn't really anything unique to the various religious either.

In short, religion cannot claim authorship for the really good ideas humans have come up with, when it comes to living together in peace and harmony.

The ideas, such as the "golden rule" pre-date all the modern religions such as Christianity, Islam & Judaism-- none of those three can claim ownership or even original authorship.

Even the basic ideas, such as "don't steal", or "try not to kill your neighbor" and "respect each other's space" go back to the some of the earliest human ideas.

Again, pre-dating all the modern religious variants.

And, come to think of it, these ideas likely pre-date >>all<< religions... as old as the human ability to communicate verbally, I would wager.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Yep yep.
In short, religion cannot claim authorship for the really good ideas humans have come up with, when it comes to living together in peace and harmony.
The ideas, such as the "golden rule" pre-date all the modern religions such as Christianity, Islam & Judaism-- none of those three can claim ownership or even original authorship.
Even the basic ideas, such as "don't steal", or "try not to kill your neighbor" and "respect each other's space" go back to the some of the earliest human ideas.
And, come to think of it, these ideas likely pre-date >>all<< religions... as old as the human ability to communicate verbally, I would wager.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Capillary Action wrote:
Yep yep.
<quoted text>
In truth, I have no beef at all--none-- with the milder forms of religion-- these often give comfort to folk who desperately need such things.

Unfortunately, the tolerant, the mild, the religions that don't try to get in other peoples' faces?

Those are all too often completely eclipsed by their younger, more angry cousins, the religions which run almost exclusively on hate.

Hate is a fuel that has endless energy, endless traction and can fuel the inner fires of people to do really horrid things without a thought for consequences.

Hate-based religions have always seemed to overshadow the other sorts-- these are the groups bent on forcing their ugly into public sphere in the form of bigot-laws.

Those are the ones we must strive against.
Expert in all Things

Redding, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
Okay, I'll accept your wager. Present your argument in support of your claim...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

Judged:

Expert in all Things wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I'll accept your wager. Present your argument in support of your claim...
???

History, dude-- read it or be forever mystified.

But I did not "wager" anything here.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

BOB-WELL SINCE HUMANS ARE ANIMALS AND ONLY HUMAN TO A CERTAIN EXTENT THE BIBLE COULD BE USED AS A REFEREE OF SORTS IN RELATION TO OUR BEHAVOIRS

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2013

BUT THE PROBLEM IS PEOPLE TAKE THINGS TOO LITERALLY IN ONE DIRECTION OR THE OTHER
SUCH AS WHEN YA SAY " TO ERROR IS HUMAN" WAS MEANT TO BE TAKEN AS "WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES" BUT SOME PEOPLE TAKE IT AND RUN WITH IT AND LIVE IT LIKE A LIFESTYLE -UGH

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

orkin33 wrote:
BOB-WELL SINCE HUMANS ARE ANIMALS AND ONLY HUMAN TO A CERTAIN EXTENT THE BIBLE COULD BE USED AS A REFEREE OF SORTS IN RELATION TO OUR BEHAVOIRS
Why on >>earth<< would you want to do >>that<<?

Have you even >>read<< the thing? Apart from the few, very-very few bits that are >>not<< evil that is?

Seriously. Read the whole thing--it's just a collection of atrocity, committed by it's terror-god onto innocent people.

It is unworthy of such a lofty role as "referee".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

Judged:

orkin33 wrote:
BUT THE PROBLEM IS PEOPLE TAKE THINGS TOO LITERALLY IN ONE DIRECTION OR THE OTHER
SUCH AS WHEN YA SAY " TO ERROR IS HUMAN" WAS MEANT TO BE TAKEN AS "WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES" BUT SOME PEOPLE TAKE IT AND RUN WITH IT AND LIVE IT LIKE A LIFESTYLE -UGH
Indeed: anyone following the rules in the bible, have made a grave mistake-- they foolishly think that justifies them committing atrocities.

Take your average anti-gay bigot: they use the bible to "justify" their bigotry.

Or how about your typical woman-hater, or wife-beater-- again, they use the bible to "justify" their ugly behavior.

Or slaves, even-- the bible explains that slaves should just shut up and take it, that the bible-god has >>made<< them slaves. Ugg.

Then there is the whole list of reasons why a person should murder someone they barely know-- for breaking stupid and meaningless trivia...

... WTF is >>that<< about?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2013

BOB OF QUANTUMN FAITH-WELL BECAUSE THE BIBLE ALLOWS HUMANS TO PLAY GOD-WHEN THEY SHOULD BE PLAYING HUMAN -EVERY RELIGIOUS BOOK HAS WISDOM IN IT -ITS HUMANITIES DISTORTION AND MANIPULATION THAT TWISTS SOMETHING GOOD INTO SOMETHING BAD
-THE ROAD TO HELL IS PAVED WITH GOOD INTENTIONS

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

402 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min It aint necessarily so 720,265
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 min Naveen kumar 4,531
Appjoy invite code 5 min Clash of clans feind 8
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 19 min Michael 532,450
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 22 min seriously the original 5,214
Nanci Jo Frazer WINS in Court - a Case of Innoc... (Oct '13) 29 min Local Person 20
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 38 min Epiphany2 599,049
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr Clearwater 172,271
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 14 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••