Why do people not believe in God?
chris

District Heights, MD

#25150 Mar 16, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Sigh. Talking to people from AR is like talking to my dog.
No one "feels convicted" about anything. That's not a term. You are using the wrong word.
People feel _CONFLICTED_, meaning they have two different thoughts or emotions going on which are apparently in opposition and can't decide which one is more appropriate.
If people feel "convicted", then there is no reason for them to turn their life around. It's all over and settled.
This is the overwhelming problem with you self righteous types. You are WRONG about so many things and yet when someone with an education tries to help you, you accuse them of being stupid.
Finally, let's get one thing straight. Let's say you are 100% correct and that God actually exists. I would rather burn for all eternity than worship a being who is pro-rape, pro-slavery, pro-murder of the innocents.
I don't know what you Christians are thinking but rape is evil, slavery is evil, murdering innocents is evil.
Your "God" is in favor of all three things. That's evil. You worship an evil god.
What's he against? Eating shrimp and poly-blend fabric.
Sorry, not going to worship someone with those priorities no matter how much more powerful you claim he is.
god stands for love but if you let Satán decieve and distract you from the truth then you welcome a nobeliever such as your self...blaming god for an unperfect world, wich is the reason jesus was made an example and suffered for he cruelty of our sins

Since: Sep 07

Los Angeles, CA

#25151 Mar 16, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>god stands for love but if you let Satán decieve and distract you from the truth then you welcome a nobeliever such as your self...blaming god for an unperfect world, wich is the reason jesus was made an example and suffered for he cruelty of our sins
Do you believe that God is all powerful and all knowing? That God is capable of anything he wants?

Is there any limit to the size and scope of a miracle which God can perform?

“In God we trust”

Since: Dec 12

Cape Town, South Africa

#25152 Mar 16, 2013
Some Stoner Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
then it should be easy for you to prove it.
why can't you?
Why can't you prove he doesn't exist

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#25153 Mar 16, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it. Can you do this? Can you produce this ... "god" thing?
No?
Then you are just lying as per the usual habit of True Believers™
<quoted text>
But your god will TORTURE FOREVER your azz, if you don't bow and scrape to his ego like a broken-minded slave.
That's some ugly god you got there...
it's good to have a opinion. Christians are just warning you. You can now carry on with your "God not's real" thing.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#25154 Mar 16, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>If you don't 'feel convicted' about sinning,or repenting,and you don't 'feel' any desire to turn from your sins and turn to God.....maybe God has given you up to a reprobate mindset. I mean,maybe you're hopelessly on your way to hell now....Is that what you CHOOSE??
His guaranteed heaven if he believes God.
Hyper Squid

San Francisco, CA

#25155 Mar 16, 2013
Everyone ignore this guy. He's from the dinosaur forum (Yes, the dinosaur forum) and he will not listen to any arguments. Don't waste your time on him.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#25156 Mar 16, 2013
Hyper Squid wrote:
Everyone ignore this guy. He's from the dinosaur forum (Yes, the dinosaur forum) and he will not listen to any arguments. Don't waste your time on him.
I am arguing, how am I not listing to any arguments and please let me have my fun on topix.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25159 Mar 16, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>the proof is in the pudding; you your self and every part of nature around you was created by gods spirit,
Bullsh7t. You have zero reason to claim this-- NOT ONE FACT OF ANY KIND.

So I call bullsh7t here.
chris wrote:
... every thing that makes this World had to be perfectly put put into proper prespective inorder for it repeat it cycle over and over giving life and restoring...also your body is nothing with out that invisible spirit incide you
Double-bullsh7t. There is NO design in nature-- NONE.

Especially not the human body!

It is a mish-mash of kludge-parts force-fit into it's current configuration.

NOT design.

In fact? A first year engineering student could do better, without even trying...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25160 Mar 16, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>god stands for love ...
Riiiight... and if you don't bow and scrape to your god of ... "love", he will TORTURE YOUR AZZ FOREVER.

Riiiiight.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25161 Mar 16, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
it's good to have a opinion. Christians are just warning you. You can now carry on with your "God not's real" thing.
Warning me of ... what?

That the evil monster-god they fantasize and get all aroused about will TORTURE ME FOREVER?

If I don't bow and scrape like a good little mind-slave?

Is that about right?

You are a monster yourself, if you think your god is ... "loving".

How's THAT for a warning, hmmm?

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25162 Mar 16, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
His guaranteed heaven if he believes God.
I've seen the descriptions of your.... ahem... "heaven".

It's a horrid place, where free will is gone, and everyone is a little slave bowing and kissing the azz of your monster-torturing god.

Forever.

That ain't heaven-- that's hell.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25163 Mar 16, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
I am arguing, how am I not listing to any arguments and please let me have my fun on topix.
And I will continue to point out that what you consider fun, is considered harassment in civilized societies.

You promote a terrorist-god who you believe uses torture-- infinite torture-- to get and keep followers.

And that said followers must be a mindless as...

... you.

That's unfortunate.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#25164 Mar 16, 2013
i believe in God. i saw a real miracle on June 30, 2011. good that i listed it on the wall, the date, June 30, 2011, around 8 pm. it was probably my first and last miracle that i've experienced. i feel so lucky i experienced it in my short life. not everyone witnessed a miracled. i am so lucky. :)

Los Angeles, CA

#25165 Mar 16, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
i believe in God. i saw a real miracle on June 30, 2011. good that i listed it on the wall, the date, June 30, 2011, around 8 pm. it was probably my first and last miracle that i've experienced. i feel so lucky i experienced it in my short life. not everyone witnessed a miracled. i am so lucky.:)
What people define as "miracles" can often be classified into either coincidence or a well trained person doing their job.

It's not a miracle when a surgeon saves someone's life, just like it's not the devil at work when a surgeon fails.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#25166 Mar 17, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
i believe in God. i saw a real miracle on June 30, 2011. good that i listed it on the wall, the date, June 30, 2011, around 8 pm. it was probably my first and last miracle that i've experienced. i feel so lucky i experienced it in my short life. not everyone witnessed a miracled. i am so lucky.:)
Good for you: you experienced a hallucination. No doubt brought on by stress, drugs, alchol or a combination of all three.

That hardly qualifies as a "miracle"-- especially as substance abuse is all too common among god-believers.

Kinda sad, though.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#25167 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>
I've seen the descriptions of your.... ahem... "heaven".
It's a horrid place, where free will is gone, and everyone is a little slave bowing and kissing the azz of your monster-torturing god.
Forever.
That ain't heaven-- that's hell.
You're describing hell, a place you will probably go to until you change your attitude.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#25168 Mar 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Good for you: you experienced a hallucination. No doubt brought on by stress, drugs, alchol or a combination of all three.
That hardly qualifies as a "miracle"-- especially as substance abuse is all too common among god-believers.
Kinda sad, though.
A dog was knocked over by a car.
The police shot it dead because it was suffering from the pain.

The next day it walked into it's owner's home alive. It had the same birth mark as the one the police shot.

It was proved to be the same dog after DNA testing.

God's real. He saved that dog.

Los Angeles, CA

#25169 Mar 17, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
A dog was knocked over by a car.
The police shot it dead because it was suffering from the pain.
The next day it walked into it's owner's home alive. It had the same birth mark as the one the police shot.
It was proved to be the same dog after DNA testing.
God's real. He saved that dog.
First of all, cops do not shoot a dog in a locked car. They would simply unlock the car. Cops carry slimjims.

Second, they could just as easily shoot the WINDOW.

Third, no name of the owner, no date, no name of the town, no name of the DOG even. Didn't happen.

And lastly and MOST IMPORTANTLY, you are claiming that it's a miracle because God saved this dog and yet God did NOT save the children of Newtown.... Why? Does God hate children?

Los Angeles, CA

#25170 Mar 17, 2013
Carchar king wrote:
<quoted text>
You're describing hell, a place you will probably go to until you change your attitude.
Why does your religion always come down to threats?

If you want to have a REAL religion, you should lead not chase.

Stop threatening people who point out that you have nothing to offer and start OFFERING them something instead of threats.

“In God we trust”

Cape Town, South Africa

#25171 Mar 17, 2013
Nuggin wrote:
<quoted text>
Why does your religion always come down to threats?
If you want to have a REAL religion, you should lead not chase.
Stop threatening people who point out that you have nothing to offer and start OFFERING them something instead of threats.
Sure, you guys can treat us Christians like threats but we can't bother you atheists, no, because it's a terrible crime to threaten you, but the best thing in the world to threaten us.

Sure, just give me the definitition of threat and we'll be non threatening.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 min Charlie Sheen 281,906
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min mpetershat 654,232
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 7 min Hukt on Fonix 64,219
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 13 min Johnny 834
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 15 min Truth Teller 106,565
Black people are more evolved then white people? (May '13) 26 min mike byrd 245
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 32 min nanoanomaly 973,881
More from around the web