|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

<">
Nun: Let me get this straight: you don't believe in God because of "Alice in Wonderland"?
Loki: No, "Through the Looking Glass". That poem, "The Walrus and the Carpenter," that's an indictment of organized religion. The walrus, with his girth and his good nature, he obviously represents either Buddha, or, or with his tusks, the Hindu elephant god, Lord Ganesha. That takes care of your Eastern religions. Now the carpenter, which is an obvious reference to Jesus Christ, who was raised a carpenter's son, he represents the Western religions. Now in the poem, what do they do? What do they do? They, they dupe all these oysters into following them and then proceed to shuck and devour the helpless creatures en masse. I don't know what that says to you, but to me it says that following these faiths based on mythological figures ensures the destruction of one's inner being. Organized religion destroys who we are by inhibiting our actions, by inhibiting our decisions out of, out of fear of some, some intangible parent figure who, who shakes a finger at us from thousands of years ago and says, and says, "Do it... do it and I'll froackin' spank you."
Bartleby:[Bartleby is listening from a nearby seat]
[quietly]
Bartleby: Oh, geez...
Nun: The way you put it... I never really thought about it like that before. What have I been doing with my life? What am I...
Loki: Yeah, I know. Listen, my advice to you: you take this money that you've been collecting for your parish, go get yourself a nice dress, you know? Fix yourself up. Find some man, find some woman, that you can connect with, even for a moment,'cause that's really all that life is, Sister. It's a series of moments. Why don't you seize yours?
[the nun hesitates, then smiles, nods, and leaves]
Loki: That-a girl. Ah.
[he turns around and sits next to Bartleby with a grin on his face]
Bartleby: You know, here's what I don't get about you. You know for a fact that there is a God. You've been in His presence. He's spoken to you personally. Yet I just heard you claim to be an atheist.
Loki: I just like to froack with the clergy, man. I just love it, I love to keep those guys on their toes.
Dogma (teeny bit edited)
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Once upon a time two explorers came upon a clearing in the jungle. In the clearing were growing many flowers and many weeds. One explorer says, "Some gardener must tend this plot." The other disagrees, "There is no gardener." So, they pitch their tents and set a watch. No gardener.... So they set up a barbed wire fence. They electrify it. They patrol it with bloodhounds.... But no shrieks even suggest that some intruder has received a shock. No movements of the wire ever betray an invisible climber. The bloodhounds never give cry. Yet still the Believer is not convinced. "But there is a gardener, invisible, intangible, insensible to electric shocks, a gardener who has no scent and makes no sound, a gardener who comes secretly to look after the garden which he loves." At last the Skeptic despairs, "But what remains of your original assertion? Just how does what you call an invisible, intangible, eternally elusive gardener differ from an imaginary gardener or even no gardener at all?"
-- Antony Flew
mztza

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

it's rather interesting,
when there is a life threatening senario,
their the first ones to cry out to GOD, not only that
but still trying to bargain with GOD, if you save me, i will do this
they would even use GOD, to make themselves look good
you know, they will say to others, GOD bless, we'll pray for you,
they don't tell others, really that they don't believe, it wouldn't look good for their image
especially, if they have a hi profile position or job
the ones who do not believe, are the first ones, to use GOD in a vulger way, in cussing
they want everybody to know by using G--damn or f------ christ,
they are not afraid of NO ONE, including GOD
well, we will see when the time comes, how brave they will be
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

mztza wrote:
it's rather interesting,
when there is a life threatening senario,
their the first ones to cry out to GOD, not only that
but still trying to bargain with GOD, if you save me, i will do this
they would even use GOD, to make themselves look good
you know, they will say to others, GOD bless, we'll pray for you,
they don't tell others, really that they don't believe, it wouldn't look good for their image
especially, if they have a hi profile position or job
the ones who do not believe, are the first ones, to use GOD in a vulger way, in cussing
they want everybody to know by using G--damn or f------ christ,
they are not afraid of NO ONE, including GOD
well, we will see when the time comes, how brave they will be
All you do is prove that fear drives your faith. Well done.

A corpse doesn't lie, you god hustlers do.
mztza

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
All you do is prove that fear drives your faith. Well done.
A corpse doesn't lie, you god hustlers do.
fear doesn't give respect
fear doesn't give faith
fear doesn't show respect
fear doesn't give love
fear is fear
love gives respect
love gives and shows faith
love is honesty
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

mztza wrote:
<quoted text>
fear doesn't give respect
fear doesn't give faith
fear doesn't give love
fear is fear
love gives respect
love is honesty
Fear allows fearful cowards to deny the reality of a corpse and believe they are half mammal half ghost. That's what fear can do to you!

Love has nothing to do with believing in death denying foolishness absent of proof. Faith is not love, it's dishonsty and fear.

Nevertheless we have this curious spectacle: daily the trained parrot in the pulpit gravely delivers himself of these ironies, which he has acquired at second-hand and adopted without examination, to a trained congregation which accepts them without examination, and neither the speaker nor the hearer laughs at himself. It does seem as if we ought to be humble when we are at a bench-show, and not put on airs of intellectual superiority there.
-- Mark Twain, "Thoughts of God"

Man is a marvelous curiosity he thinks he is the Creator's pet he even believes the Creator loves him; has a passion for him; sits up nights to admire him; yes and watch over him and keep him out of trouble. He prays to him and thinks He listens. Isn't it a quaint idea.
-- Mark Twain

A God who could make good children as easily a bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave is angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell -- mouths mercy, and invented hell -- mouths Golden Rules and foregiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!
-- Mark Twain, The Mysterious Stranger

“Ungood doubleplus duckspeak.”

Since: Dec 12

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

mztza wrote:
<quoted text>fear doesn't give respect
fear doesn't give faith
fear doesn't give love
fear is fear
love gives respect
love is honesty
Well written, I love it <3
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

A God who could make good children as easily a bad, yet preferred to make bad ones; who could have made every one of them happy, yet never made a single happy one; who made them prize their bitter life, yet stingily cut it short; who gave his angels eternal happiness unearned, yet required his other children to earn it; who gave is angels painless lives, yet cursed his other children with biting miseries and maladies of mind and body; who mouths justice, and invented hell -- mouths mercy, and invented hell -- mouths Golden Rules and foregiveness multiplied by seventy times seven, and invented hell; who mouths morals to other people, and has none himself; who frowns upon crimes, yet commits them all; who created man without invitation, then tries to shuffle the responsibility for man's acts upon man, instead of honorably placing it where it belongs, upon himself; and finally, with altogether divine obtuseness, invites his poor abused slave to worship him!
-- Mark Twain, The Mysterious Stranger

Since: Jan 13

Bentleigh East, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Judged:

The Jesus myth is based on even older myths.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

{about Christ}
Rufus: What He really hates is the shirrrt that gets carried out in his name. Wars. Bigotry. Televangelism.
Dogma (a teensy bit edited)

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you get bored in WSJLM?
Bartleby: "Ladies and gentlemen, you have been judged guilty of sinning against our almighty God, and I promise you, you shall pay for your trespasses, in blood!"
[he rips open his shirt to reveal a silver breastplate]
Bartleby: "Wings, now."
Loki: "I'm feeling a little exposed here..."
Bartleby: "DO IT!"
Dogma
ROFL

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL
I just love that movie :D

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Myths are just religions that nobody believes in any longer and the sooner the current crop of religions and gods are discarded the better the world will be.

As Bertrand Russell remarked, "It is possible that mankind is on the threshold of a golden age but, if so, it will be necessary first to slay the dragon that guards the door, and this dragon is religion".
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
{about Christ}
Rufus: What He really hates is the shirrrt that gets carried out in his name. Wars. Bigotry. Televangelism.
Dogma (a teensy bit edited)
But he has no problem taking responsibility for infants with inoperable cancer, mental retardation, drought, famine, plague, malaria, small pox, deformed limbs or a world just chock full of unjust suffering. Praze be to Cheeses, your love is overwhelming and oh so obvious!

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Sheldon: Why are you crying?
Penny: Because I'm stupid!
Sheldon: That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
BBT

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Judged:

Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
But he has no problem taking responsibility for infants with inoperable cancer, mental retardation, drought, famine, plague, malaria, small pox, deformed limbs or a world just chock full of unjust suffering. Praze be to Cheeses, your love is overwhelming and oh so obvious!
Aren't you dead yet? You and I had it out years ago and you haven't changed a bit, like an old piece of furniture you never go away and are always in the way, until you get to the wood pile for burning which shouldn't be long! lol

“Incorrupta fides, nudaque veri”

Since: May 07

Vincit qui se vincit

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFL
Hey do you know God's Warrior?
Pat

Granby, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Ricky F wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you dead yet? You and I had it out years ago and you haven't changed a bit, like an old piece of furniture you never go away and are always in the way, until you get to the wood pile for burning which shouldn't be long! lol
Well, obviously your ethics or ability to reason haven't improved.

jill hart photography

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Sheldon: I wouldn't tell you the secret.(pause) Shhhhh!!!!
Leonard: What secret? Tell me the secret.
Sheldon: Mom smokes in the car. Jesus is okay with it, but we can't tell dad.
Leonard: Not that secret, the other secret.
Sheldon: I'M BATMAN!!!! SHHHH!!!
BBT

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2013

Juicylu wrote:
Sheldon: Why are you crying?
Penny: Because I'm stupid!
Sheldon: That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
BBT
I Love Tinkerbell* I'm also a kid at heart!:)
Have a great day!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

456 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min It aint necessarily so 721,929
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 9 min Toby 93,817
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 14 min a hindu 36,544
FIFA 15 Player Ratings: where is the best place... 45 min newfacers 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 52 min bad bob 172,515
Ready at your service Pm To Am - D Boy (Qatar) 1 hr salmanafrid 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr marge 533,291
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr An NFL Fan 115,482
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr WasteWater 256,838