Why do people not believe in God?
Doctor REALITY

Cabot, AR

#25009 Jan 10, 2013
Why?? Because they've been blinded by the devil,and because they like their SIN.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#25010 Jan 11, 2013
Doctor REALITY wrote:
Why?? Because they've been blinded by the devil,and because they like their SIN.
I have not been blinde, I have been made to see.

Since: Jan 13

Bentleigh East, Australia

#25011 Jan 11, 2013
Very difficult to believe in something that is not real. I am an adult. I dont believe in fairy tales.

Since: Feb 12

Santee, SC

#25013 Jan 11, 2013
God is definitely no fairy tale. God is the living universe. The world is distorted in its living, thinking, reactions, acceptances, and way of life. With all the things that are happening in the world today and how it relates to what the bible says would happen when Jesus' return is near, how can you not believe in Him? If we deny the Jesus and the fact that He died for our sins and made a way to be acceptable in the Kingdom of God, then we are blind and just stumbling through life. The only way to live and truly live in allow Jesus to live through us and change us. Love God and love your neighbor as you love yourself is a hard thing to do. We have God who speaks to us through other people and His word, but we have never seen Him in this day and age. Our sinful nature is fighting us to love our neighbors, especially when they do offend us first. This transformation of life does not happen when we accept God in our lives. It is a life long process that will not end until the day our life on this earth is over. I say this to say, God is real, Jesus loves all of us and His is waiting with His arms wide open.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#25014 Jan 11, 2013
Man of God 4eva wrote:
God is definitely no fairy tale. God is the living universe. The world is distorted in its living, thinking, reactions, acceptances, and way of life. With all the things that are happening in the world today and how it relates to what the bible says would happen when Jesus' return is near, how can you not believe in Him? If we deny the Jesus and the fact that He died for our sins and made a way to be acceptable in the Kingdom of God, then we are blind and just stumbling through life. The only way to live and truly live in allow Jesus to live through us and change us. Love God and love your neighbor as you love yourself is a hard thing to do. We have God who speaks to us through other people and His word, but we have never seen Him in this day and age. Our sinful nature is fighting us to love our neighbors, especially when they do offend us first. This transformation of life does not happen when we accept God in our lives. It is a life long process that will not end until the day our life on this earth is over. I say this to say, God is real, Jesus loves all of us and His is waiting with His arms wide open.
Prove God exists and I will believe in him.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#25015 Jan 11, 2013
There is proof of God and jesus ...but you say you dont want me sticking it your face so i wont !!

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#25016 Jan 12, 2013
Man of God 4eva wrote:
God is definitely no fairy tale.
God was the invention of chiefs and despots before the dawn of recorded history and nothing has changed since then.

Dozens of different compilations of myths and fairy tales are used to brainwash unthinking people into doing the bidding of unscrupulous crooks.

Faith and reason are mutually exclusive.

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#25020 Jan 14, 2013
Man of God 4eva wrote:
People have been claiming that Jesus is about to return "any day now..." for the past two thousand years. If there are still xians around, they will be saying that in another two thousand. Jesus claimed that the end of days was about to occur during the lifetime of those people to whom he was speaking. In other words, he was a false prophet.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#25021 Jan 14, 2013
We don't believe in god for the same reason we don't believe in aliens on Pluto, there is no reason to.
Pat

East Granby, CT

#25022 Jan 14, 2013
Ivorydick wrote:
<quoted text>
God was the invention of chiefs and despots before the dawn of recorded history and nothing has changed since then.
Dozens of different compilations of myths and fairy tales are used to brainwash unthinking people into doing the bidding of unscrupulous crooks.
Faith and reason are mutually exclusive.
Atheists and theists do not argue over the merits of believing in aliens on Pluto, or leprechauns. We rarely dispute what is or is not valid evidence for something outside the scope of religion (death denial). Theists prove every day that they can use normal reasoning abilities for they will easily reject beliefs in other unsupported creatures like bigfoot and leprechauns. It is ONLY in matters that conflict with the theists cherished death denial mythology that these disagreements arise. This clearly proves the hypocrisy and dishonesty of the theist. They don't beleive in god because they are idiots as much as they do bcause they are dishonest and cowards, cowards who refuse to face their own mortality honestly.

Since: Dec 12

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#25023 Jan 14, 2013
I think that until Science can prove God doesn't exist, it's subjective. Everyone has different beliefs, it's no reason to abuse anyone.
<3
Pat

East Granby, CT

#25024 Jan 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
I think that until Science can prove God doesn't exist, it's subjective. Everyone has different beliefs, it's no reason to abuse anyone.
<3
That's bassakwards reasoning. Science will never prove god does not exist IF there is no god. What proof could there possibly be?
Theists are liars. It is as much a lie to claim there is a god as it is to claim you have won the lottery prior to checking your ticket.

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#25025 Jan 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<3
When backed into a corner, that what they do. Change subject, call names. SL

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#25026 Jan 14, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
That's bassakwards reasoning. Science will never prove god does not exist IF there is no god. What proof could there possibly be?
Theists are liars. It is as much a lie to claim there is a god as it is to claim you have won the lottery prior to checking your ticket.
Really? Why is Science trying to prove or/and disprove it then? If you were right, wouldn't it be a waste of time? Are you a Scientist?

http://toptenproofs.com/article_godsexistence...

http://stephen.rees-carter.net/2012/03/you-ca...

"The most beautiful and deepest experience a man can have is the sense of the mysterious. It is the underlying principle of religion as well as of all serious endeavour in art and science. He who never had this experience seems to me, if not dead, then at least blind. To sense that behind anything that can be experienced there is a something that our minds cannot grasp, whose beauty and sublimity reaches us only indirectly: this is religiousness. In this sense I am religious. To me it suffices to wonder at these secrets and to attempt humbly to grasp with my mind a mere image of the lofty structure of all there is."
Albert Einstein.

Are you smarter than Einstein?
God's existence is neither proven nor disproven and not for lack of trying; by both sides. Therefore it's a matter of opinion and to attack and/or abuse someone because their opinion differs from your own is a mockery of "Free Speech".

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#25027 Jan 14, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
When backed into a corner, that what they do. Change subject, call names. SL
Yep. Typical, predictable loony troll logic, dontcha love it?
Many Blessings <3

“ IT'S A CHOICE !!!”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#25028 Jan 14, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Blessings <3
Ya know I do. I find trolls very amusing. Gotta'Love em'
Pat

East Granby, CT

#25029 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Why is Science trying to prove or/and disprove it then? If you were right, wouldn't it be a waste of time? Are you a Scientist?
http://toptenproofs.com/article_godsexistence...
http://stephen.rees-carter.net/2012/03/you-ca...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =LzetqYev_AIXX
"The most beautiful and deepest experience a man can have is the sense of the mysterious. It is the underlying principle of religion as well as of all serious endeavour in art and science. He who never had this experience seems to me, if not dead, then at least blind. To sense that behind anything that can be experienced there is a something that our minds cannot grasp, whose beauty and sublimity reaches us only indirectly: this is religiousness. In this sense I am religious. To me it suffices to wonder at these secrets and to attempt humbly to grasp with my mind a mere image of the lofty structure of all there is."
Albert Einstein.
Are you smarter than Einstein?
God's existence is neither proven nor disproven and not for lack of trying; by both sides. Therefore it's a matter of opinion and to attack and/or abuse someone because their opinion differs from your own is a mockery of "Free Speech".
It is a LIE to claim there is a god when you do not possess knowledge that this is true no different that it would be a lie to claim there are aliens on Pluto prior to knowing if that were true. Every god huslter is nothing but an amoral liar selling false hope to people who would rather not face their own mortality honestly, like adults.

I am not smarter than Einstein, I agree with him 100 percent.

The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions.
Albert Einstein, in a letter responding to philosopher Eric Gutkind, who had sent him a copy of his book Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revolt

I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it.
-- Albert Einstein, 1954

It was the experience of mystery -- even if mixed with fear -- that engendered religion.
-- Albert Einstein

Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being.
-- Albert Einstein, 1936

I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature.
-- Albert Einstein, The World as I See It

Yes, I'm an Atheist.

#25030 Jan 15, 2013
Pat wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a LIE to claim there is a god when you do not possess knowledge that this is true no different that it would be a lie to claim there are aliens on Pluto prior to knowing if that were true. Every god huslter is nothing but an amoral liar selling false hope to people who would rather not face their own mortality honestly, like adults.
I am not smarter than Einstein, I agree with him 100 percent.
The word god is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honourable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this. For me the Jewish religion like all others is an incarnation of the most childish superstitions.
Albert Einstein, in a letter responding to philosopher Eric Gutkind, who had sent him a copy of his book Choose Life: The Biblical Call to Revolt
I do not believe in immortality of the individual, and I consider ethics to be an exclusively human concern with no superhuman authority behind it.
-- Albert Einstein, 1954
It was the experience of mystery -- even if mixed with fear -- that engendered religion.
-- Albert Einstein
Scientific research is based on the idea that everything that takes place is determined by laws of nature, and therefore this holds for the action of people. For this reason, a research scientist will hardly be inclined to believe that events could be influenced by a prayer, i.e. by a wish addressed to a Supernatural Being.
-- Albert Einstein, 1936
I cannot conceive of a God who rewards and punishes his creatures, or has a will of the kind that we experience in ourselves. Neither can I nor would I want to conceive of an individual that survives his physical death; let feeble souls, from fear or absurd egoism, cherish such thoughts. I am satisfied with the mystery of the eternity of life and with the awareness and a glimpse of the marvelous structure of the existing world, together with the devoted striving to comprehend a portion, be it ever so tiny, of the Reason that manifests itself in nature.
-- Albert Einstein, The World as I See It
Yaaawn...
Pat

East Granby, CT

#25031 Jan 15, 2013
Juicylu wrote:
<quoted text>
Many Blessings <3
Is is a simple fact that there is no knowledge of god for if there were, the existence of god would be a matter of fact, not a matter of faith. So every person who ASSERTS that they KNOW there is a god is a liar no different from a person claiming to know there is life on Pluto is a liar. This is my opinion which is clearly logical and based on fact and according to you, you need to respect it.

It is an established maxim and moral that he who makes an assertion without knowing whether it is true or false is guilty of falsehood, and the accidental truth of the assertion does not justify or excuse him.
-- Abraham Lincoln
Pat

East Granby, CT

#25032 Jan 15, 2013
Snevaeh legna wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya know I do. I find trolls very amusing. Gotta'Love em'
And I find you dishoenst theists very amusing too. It's fun to point out what hypocrites you all are.

Atheists and theists do not argue over the merits of believing in aliens on Pluto, or leprechauns. We rarely dispute what is or is not valid evidence for something outside the scope of religion (death denial). Theists demonstrate every day that they can use normal reasoning abilities. They can even serve on juries! It is ONLY in matters that conflict with the theists cherished death denial mythology that these disagreements arise. This clearly proves the hypocrisy, and dishonesty of the theist. religion is not about god, it is about death denial. If the god garbage did not contain the life after death nonsense, people would believe in god as often as they do aliens on Pluto.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Thinking 37,619
Play "end of the word" part 2 45 min Al Capone 1,704
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 58 min AussieBobby 44,274
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Catholic24 641,132
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 1 hr Paul is dead 4,053
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr hopelost 618,329
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 1 hr USA-1 38,323
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr Anna 104,610
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 2 hr Aussie Kev 969,859
More from around the web