Why do people not believe in God?
Doctor REALITY

Little Rock, AR

#24953 Nov 16, 2012
RACHEL

Valdosta, GA

#24955 Nov 20, 2012
You said you were a Christian.. that is more than a declaration of "BELIEVING" in God. Do you BELIEVE if you walk into your kitchen and sit down at your table that your chair will hold you. you probably don't weigh more than average, and your chair has always held you up, and you aren't aware to this point of any damage. so it can be said that you have FAITH and BELIEVE that chair will support you if you walked in there today. THAT IS NOT THE SAME FAITH AS "BELIEVING" IN GOD. that is natural faith.what the bible actually says is you are "GIVEN" faith. as well as wisdom, knowledge, and understand. NOT THE SAME AS FLESH, AND BODY KNOWLEDGE. it is not our normal process of logic, God's spirit interperates things to us... but that is when you seek. simply saying "i believe there is a GOD" IS NOT salvation. im not saying this to be negative. just to show you something that could really help out your journey in your faith.

BELING in God, is not believing there is "something" else that made us. that is part of it, but there IS more. way more. we are to believe, with the faith God gave us ( which the bible supports ) that Jesus was the "body" of himself. that God is soul and spirit, and made his body form manifested as Jesus Christ. Jesus had his own soul, which the best way to identify that is as him having his own "personality" the reason he was perfect, and the reason him and God are the same people, is instead of having his own spirit with his sould he had God's spirit. people, you... me... every human... is soul and spirit, the reason we are not perfect is because we have our very own spirit, but Jesus had God's. The way we are made perfect is in the IMAGE of Jesus Christ. with the indwelling of God's spirit in ours (the Holy Ghost/Holy Spirit) when Jesus died, he didnt just sacrafic his life and soul... he sacrificed the separation of himself with God's spirit. he gave that up for us... all of us. if you BELIEVE, with FAITH, then you KNOW. not because you have touched, tasted, physically seen or touched with your hand God himself. but he is recognizable to your spirit. ALL OF THIS IS BACKED BY THE BIBLE, AND IS NOT ANYYYY OF MY OPINION. it is very important for you to build your relationship with God further. its not BAD what you said, it is just VERY VERY incomplete. i've have said all of this because if you TRULY believe, than you believe enough to give you God the respect to at least try and find out. because he says, ALL THAT SEEK, SHALL RECEIVE. there is so much more to faith and believing, that hoping. Goodluck, and i'll pray you have the courage to seek whole heartedly!
RACHEL

Valdosta, GA

#24956 Nov 20, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Say 'hi' to the September 11th hijackers when you get there. Oh,I forgot,you won't see them. All of the Light will be in heaven.
excuse me sir, but let me tell you what the bible says. if you have faith in GOD and call your self a believer than i am allowed to talk to you about this matter. respectively.
unfortunately you are not living up to the same standard.. these people are saying they DO NOT BELIEVE. it is your just to WITNESS to them, not to bash them, or convince them with your pride of your logic, because the knoweledge of GOD, is given of God. you are not and can not posses it without him allowing you to have it.

you are telling these people they are going to hell. wether that is or is not the case, that is not your job. you BELIEVE in God, so you believe in the bible... well it says there are TWO TOP COMMANDMENTS. those are, love the Lord God with all your everything. the second... love thou neighbor as thyself... you will find that in mark 12:29-31
the bible also says.. it is easier to win over a city than a brother offended.
by what i've read, im offended for them. you are absolutely wrong in your process of witnessing.
and THAT is one of the single most reasons people default to science, or athiest because they see bad representation and example.
i am not perfect, they are not perfect, and buddy.. neither are you.
you need to worry about your relationship, and responsibility to God. you want them to believe, but you disobey. this is not JUDGING you, this is calling a believer as a believer on awareness. SIN, and sins carry different weight in society. but to the GOD of all, they are equal. so their "non-belief, and skeptic view" is equal to your "nasty, provoking, rudeness"
what you need to do is humble yourself, be respectful. it is your job as a follower if you find those that dont believe or dont know, it is your job to plant the seed. JESUS will sow the seed, JESUS will work in their life. YOU, ME, AND ANYONE AT ANY CHURCH YOU ATTENED CANNOT!!! SAVE ANYONE'S LIVE, INCLUDING!!!! YOUR OWN. JESUS, and only JESUS can.

so for those of you whose wrongly demeaning words he has used against i will apologize for him.there is a God, there is a proof, and there is power in His name. if you never choose to seek that is of your own choice, but the example this man has made, is not consistent to what the Lord expects and requires from us.

and sir, i would rather you not get offended and release a negative comment. you are, or at least claim to be a believer and i am not taking that from you or judging it. but i will ask you do not be defensive. go to OUR savior, our Lord and let him work in your life and through these things with you. he will. all you have to do is ask. belief is the first step, so your already there, keep it up, but don't turn others away by bad representation. you will have a part of the responsibility on judgement for aiding the devil in destroying the chance of salvation for them. even if that's not what you intended, that is what you have done.

i hope the best for all of you
most importantly, i hope you all one day know Jesus personally.
Claire

Franklin, TN

#24958 Nov 20, 2012
I
Go to church! There is nothing wrong with that! I just read a post on hear that said I was stupid and I was a idot ! That was just plain mean! I cried for at least two minetes! People that believe in God are no different than anyone else!They just believe in something ! I get bullied all the time for this ! And I am SICK and TIRED of it!:( It's just not fair ! If I hate my life because people make fun of me! And I cried on Fri because of haters! So QUIT!:( please
whatever

Littleton, CO

#24959 Nov 21, 2012
I believe in God. You know what makes me confused? People spell 'God''god' instead of the capital 'G','God' is a name, so why don't people capitalize it? Anywho, God IS real, believe it or not, everything around you proves it. If there is no God, then how did this earth begin? Every thing has a beginning. God has answered a lot of my prayers, it's NOT a 'cawinkydink' like some people call it. And sorry if my spelling isn't correct, I'm just not good at it.

“"None shall pass"”

Since: Jul 11

There

#24960 Nov 21, 2012
Why doesn't God believe in people ?
toadmann

Pittsburgh, PA

#24961 Nov 21, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …
God is not real fake

“Ignorance won't topple science”

Since: Jan 11

Terra, Sol

#24963 Nov 21, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
More like this:
http://oi45.tinypic.com/1ggi9j.jpg
Liberty Warrior

Hammonton, NJ

#24964 Nov 21, 2012
Some people don't believe in God because they think they were an accident...nobody created them. Some say they don't believe in God because they hate their parents or society. Some just think it is stupid to have any sort of faith. Mainly is because they feel that they shouldn't have to answer to a higher power. God gave everyone Free Will to live their lives on Earth. We all just need to get along in this crazy planet we call Earth.

Terra, Sol

#24966 Nov 22, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
People say they don't believe in the Lord because they're RUNNING from the Lord. They RUNNING from the Lord Jesus Christ with their MIND,their HEART,and with their SPIRIT. They want to be FREE to sin at will. They don't want to be accountable to Almighty God for their actions.....BUT THEY WILL BE.
You'll have to answer to Wodan for your heresy.
Oh, wait...It's Osiris you'll have to answer to.
Wait...It's actually Angra Mainyuu.
Wait...Hades.
Nope, Izanami-no-Mikoto and Izanagi-no-Mikoto

All these gods existed and were written about long before yours did. If anybody is running, it is you. We acknowledge the evidence that points against deities, we acknowledge the multitude of gods, all claiming to be the true ones.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#24967 Nov 22, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
People say they don't believe in the Lord because they're RUNNING from the Lord. They RUNNING from the Lord Jesus Christ with their MIND,their HEART,and with their SPIRIT. They want to be FREE to sin at will. They don't want to be accountable to Almighty God for their actions.....BUT THEY WILL BE.
I am not running away from anything save foolishness and ignorance.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#24968 Nov 23, 2012
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> I am not running away from anything save foolishness and ignorance.
Throughout human history chiefs and despots invented gods, usually in their own image, as a way of controlling and manipulating their ignorant followers.

Zeus, Ishtar, Mithras etc are out of fashion now but they are no better or worse the the current crop of gods that the clergy are using to defraud the ignorant faithful.
Doctor REALITY

United States

#24970 Nov 23, 2012
No one wanting to truyl accept the REALTY of the Lord's incredble greatness can watch this video and truly tell themselves that the Lord isn't....R-E-A-L:
Big Al

Hibbing, MN

#24971 Nov 24, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
No one wanting to truyl accept the REALTY of the Lord's incredble greatness can watch this video and truly tell themselves that the Lord isn't....R-E-A-L: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =A2Y6ay-41NoXX
The universe is very real and visually spectacular, but I can’t quite place a personal god in it unless I use my imagination.

"What I see in Nature is a magnificent structure that we can comprehend only very imperfectly, and that must fill a thinking person with a feeling of humility. This is a genuinely religious feeling that has nothing to do with mysticism." - Albert Einstein

“No Allah: know peace”

Since: Jun 07

A sacred grove in Tujunga, CA

#24972 Nov 24, 2012
Man of Science wrote:
<quoted text>You'll have to answer to Wodan for your heresy.
Oh, wait...It's Osiris you'll have to answer to.
Wait...It's actually Angra Mainyuu.
Wait...Hades.
Nope, Izanami-no-Mikoto and Izanagi-no-Mikoto
All these gods existed and were written about long before yours did. If anybody is running, it is you. We acknowledge the evidence that points against deities, we acknowledge the multitude of gods, all claiming to be the true ones.
Actually, it will depend on where his ancestors came from. THOSE are the Gods he will have to face...

Terra, Sol

#24973 Nov 24, 2012
Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it will depend on where his ancestors came from. THOSE are the Gods he will have to face...
In that case, most people will have to answer to multiple gods because they have ancestors from multiple places. I know that my ancestry ties me to at least half of the countries in Europe.

That aside, the point of my post was to list multiple deities that have been worshiped other than the Judeo-Christian "God."

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24974 Nov 24, 2012
What the religious don't understand is that god did not transmit their beliefs into their brains. If they would think for just a second they would realize that their beliefs are the result of cultural transmission and propagation. So if the transmission isn't received or it doesn't "take", no belief in god.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#24976 Nov 24, 2012
Claire wrote:
I
Go to church! There is nothing wrong with that! I just read a post on hear that said I was stupid and I was a idot ! That was just plain mean! I cried for at least two minetes! People that believe in God are no different than anyone else!They just believe in something ! I get bullied all the time for this ! And I am SICK and TIRED of it!:( It's just not fair ! If I hate my life because people make fun of me! And I cried on Fri because of haters! So QUIT!:( please
Sorry but that is sort of awwesome

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

#24977 Nov 24, 2012
alcb71 wrote:
What the religious don't understand is that god did not transmit their beliefs into their brains. If they would think for just a second they would realize that their beliefs are the result of cultural transmission and propagation. So if the transmission isn't received or it doesn't "take", no belief in god.
alcb71 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but that is sort of awwesome
Are your parents brother and sister?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#24979 Nov 25, 2012
Claire wrote:
I
quit doing stupid things

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Catcher1 27,847
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Anthony MN 636,945
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 15 min X Pendable 181,888
Why do white men hate white women who want blac... (May '11) 20 min Paul is dead 3,567
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr LAWEST100 618,128
why are mexican men are small and ugly??? (May '07) 1 hr Johnny 195
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr spinosaurus baryonyx 104,189
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr YOURMOTHERISINMYC... 968,649
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Highest Comandmen... 44,053
More from around the web