Why do people not believe in God?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#24755 Aug 23, 2012
Armo wrote:
<quoted text>
the REAL stone is in your eye, that you cannot see the Lord, you must pluck it out !
the real blessing is in believing without the need for proof. what kind of faith is it if proof was the only basis for believing ?
Faith the is substance of things hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.
Have you ever seen the space shuttle in the sky? but you believe it's there, right? you don't need proof.
In reverse order:
The Shuttle program has been retired for some time now. No, none of 'em are up at the moment.

Yah, I've seen almost every Shuttle launch in the past about 13 years. Right from my front balcony, most of 'em.
That's a completely unmistakable craft - so yes, I've known when quite a few of 'em were up.

I could hear 'em coming down, too, when the took the Western landing approach.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

Since: Jan 10

I'm An Illegal Alien

#24756 Aug 24, 2012
Seth wrote:
<quoted text>
This guy is right, God is real! Who would make up something like that?! there is not any reason not to believe! I, for one, am a believer!
Can you prove God is real?

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#24757 Aug 24, 2012
Seth wrote:
<quoted text>
is this the only man here that makes sense? who are you people to say that god is not real? if you dont believe, then dont believe, but leave us out of it! we are believers, and you cant change that? god is real, and thats the end of it!
In case you have not noticed this thread is titled "Why do people not believe in God?" In other words,it exists so that non believers like myself may explain why we disbelieve.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#24758 Aug 24, 2012
Armo wrote:
<quoted text>
the REAL stone is in your eye, that you cannot see the Lord, you must pluck it out !
the real blessing is in believing without the need for proof. what kind of faith is it if proof was the only basis for believing ?
Have you ever seen the space shuttle in the sky? but you believe it's there, right? you don't need proof.
Belief without prove is why so many people fall victim to scams.

“Ignorance won't topple science”

Since: Jan 11

Terra, Sol

#24759 Aug 24, 2012
Doctor REALITY wrote:
People know that God is REAL. But UNREPENTANT people don't want to give up their SINS to have a relationship with God. Heaven is forever,but the sins of this world are only temporary. But their consequences are....FOREVER.
A.) Grey-boxing under a different name doesn't make you right nor does it make you more credible, Arkansas.
B.) No, it's the smart people who realize that they have better things to do with their lives than waste it by lowering themselves to the level of a puppet over a pathetically half-assed fairy tale.

“Ignorance won't topple science”

Since: Jan 11

Terra, Sol

#24760 Aug 24, 2012
Armo wrote:
<quoted text>
there is no "if" in my faith, but there sure are a lot of holes in you science.
Apparently there *is* a "if" to your faith. You're the one claiming that "God is NOT your slave and servant," when your Bible very clearly states that true believers will have their requests/prayers/whatever-you- want-to-call-them answered. You then try to backpedal by claiming that the "if" is the big word of the sentence, the if being applied to the person's faith.

And you'll find that science is far sturdier than your faith is. Ignorance won't topple science, and truth is not a democracy. You *have,* however, proven that you're far too ignorant to comprehend the vast majority of science. Hell, you can't even comprehend your own Bible.

Since: Aug 12

Swansea, UK

#24761 Aug 24, 2012
Reason people don't believe in God is because so called religeous people are willing to go to war,kill and do all other unspeakable acts and yet still maintain they are Christian/Muslim etc.their Of course any sensible person would realise that these are just wicked people and have nothing whatever to do with God but I'm sure their hypocrisy puts many people off.

“RAKI !”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#24762 Aug 24, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>In reverse order:
The Shuttle program has been retired for some time now. No, none of 'em are up at the moment.
Yah, I've seen almost every Shuttle launch in the past about 13 years. Right from my front balcony, most of 'em.
That's a completely unmistakable craft - so yes, I've known when quite a few of 'em were up.
I could hear 'em coming down, too, when the took the Western landing approach.
I ment the ISS.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#24763 Aug 24, 2012
emperorjohn wrote:
<quoted text> Belief without prove is why so many people fall victim to scams.
Like Ponzi schemes, MLM's and Religion for example.

“RAKI !”

Location hidden

#24764 Aug 24, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
<quoted text>
Like Ponzi schemes, MLM's and Religion for example.
too bad you can't tell what's real and whats fake !
Rock Kickass

Colorado Springs, CO

#24765 Aug 24, 2012
I used to believe everything I was told, including believing in God; but then people told me to stop believing everything I'm told and to use the brain that God gave me to think for myself.

So I did, and now I'm an atheist.

The irony is almost palpable.

Since: Apr 12

United States

#24766 Aug 24, 2012
Rock Kickass wrote:
I used to believe everything I was told, including believing in God; but then people told me to stop believing everything I'm told and to use the brain that God gave me to think for myself.
The irony is funny actually because I was brought to church when I was young and my grandmother used to talk to me about god but now that I'm older and I see what religion does to the human race and some of the stories that are in the bible I see how things really are.

“RAKI !”

Location hidden

#24767 Aug 24, 2012
Rock Kickass wrote:
Your God-Given brain helps you to understand and to find out what the will of God is.
but you need to follow your heart not your brain.

“RAKI !”

Location hidden

#24768 Aug 24, 2012
Sure_about that wrote:
<quoted text>
The irony is funny actually because I was brought to church when I was young and my grandmother used to talk to me about god but now that I'm older and I see what religion does to the human race and some of the stories that are in the bible I see how things really are.
yes, you see how much in trouble mankind really is in, we ALL need Gods help.

“Life Force One”

Since: Jul 07

The Spiritual Universe/God

#24769 Aug 24, 2012
Seth wrote:
<quoted text>
is this the only man here that makes sense? who are you people to say that god is not real? if you dont believe, then dont believe, but leave us out of it! we are believers, and you cant change that? god is real, and thats the end of it!
Which "god"?

“Life Force One”

#24770 Aug 24, 2012
Armo wrote:
<quoted text>
Only an idiot would have "faith" that all that insane crap in the book of lies is real.

“Life Force One”

#24771 Aug 24, 2012
Rock Kickass wrote:
One minor flaw in your statement.

You claim to be an atheist.

Atheists do not believe in God.

But you stated "God" gave you a brain.

Oh the humiliation of such a blunder!!!

“Life Force One”

#24772 Aug 24, 2012
Armo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your God-Given brain helps you to understand and to find out what the will of God is.
That's stupid.
Rock Kickass

Colorado Springs, CO

#24773 Aug 25, 2012
Seentheotherside wrote:
<quoted text>
One minor flaw in your statement.
Atheists do not believe in God.
But you stated "God" gave you a brain.
Oh the humiliation of such a blunder!!!
You missed a few major parts of my post.-.-
Seentheotherside wrote:
I am.

[QUOTE who="Seentheotherside]Ath eists do not believe in God.[/QUOTE]I don't. Not any more.

[QUOTE who="Seentheotherside]But you stated "God" gave you a brain.[/QUOTE]No, I sad that they told me to use the brain that God gave me. I did not say that he actually did.

Massive FAIL on your part.

“Sombrero Galaxy”

I'm An Illegal Alien

#24774 Aug 25, 2012
Armo wrote:
<quoted text>
People should be ruled by logic not emotions.. My "God given" brain tells me to challenge accepted beliefs and to look for solid proof.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Michael 678,720
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 4 min bad bob 2,262
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 13 min RiversideRedneck 118,784
"....I don't want to call them 'monsters'...bec... 25 min Doctor REALITY 1
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 37 min curtjester1 46,209
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Buck Crick 445,831
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr May2017 NewsGlobal 982,133
More from around the web