Bush "I am responsible"

Bush "I am responsible"

There are 26 comments on the POE News story from Dec 14, 2005, titled Bush "I am responsible". In it, POE News reports that:

On the eve of Iraq's historic election, President Bush took responsibility Wednesday for "wrong" intelligence that led to the war, but he said removing Saddam Hussein was still necessary.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at POE News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Beat Cal

Since: Dec 05

Palo Alto, CA

#1 Dec 14, 2005
I dunno - sounds pretty hollow now. Maybe if he'd said this 18 months ago...
craig

Chicago, IL

#2 Feb 14, 2006
This is true, he really should've said this 18 months ago. One question that I would ask is should we have moved in if we knew our intell. was wrong? I would've waited until we could've found the WOMD, then charge Sadaam with that crime instead of one that is still going on trial today.
parlo

Bronx, NY

#3 Feb 14, 2006
Iran has always been a bigger threat with ties to 9/11. Now we have removed their biggest enemy (IRAQ), and our hands are tied up there for years to come. WHAT A MESS! Heck of a job Bushie! And Cheney shooting his friend in the face,,,,maybe those five deferments from Vietnam were a good thing.
Darwins Stepchild

AOL

#4 Feb 14, 2006
parlo wrote:
Iran has always been a bigger threat with ties to 9/11. Now we have removed their biggest enemy (IRAQ), and our hands are tied up there for years to come. WHAT A MESS! Heck of a job Bushie! And Cheney shooting his friend in the face,,,,maybe those five deferments from Vietnam were a good thing.
Let us not forget that North Korea is also a threat.

Back before the Iraq invasion, I saw William Kristol (ed. of the Weekly Standard magazine) being interviewed on Nightline. Koppel asked some pretty tough questions. In comparing Iraq to N. Korea, Koppel asked why we shouldn't invade N. Korea. Kristol said effectively...it has too big of an army.(I am paraphrasing here, his response had a LOT of spin on it, but this was the gist of it.)

Koppel also asked why we should feel Iraq was a threat. Kristol responded...Iraq is a threat because it might become a threat.(This is almost an exact quote...but I will admit it has been a while since I heard it.)

This struck me as...

"might become a threat" implies it is not a threat at this time.

So Kristol said Iraq was both a threat and not a threat...a logically null statement.(and totally false, since it can't be both)

And this guy is supposed to be one of the really heavy conservative thinkers.

Sorry...got into a bit of a rant there. I saw the guy on TV a few days ago and had a flashback.
parlo

Bronx, NY

#5 Feb 14, 2006
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>

Back before the Iraq invasion, I saw William Kristol (ed. of the Weekly Standard magazine) being interviewed on Nightline. Koppel asked some pretty tough questions. In comparing Iraq to N. Korea, Koppel asked why we shouldn't invade N. Korea. Kristol said effectively...it has too big of an army.(I am paraphrasing here, his response had a LOT of spin on it, but this was the gist of it.)

Koppel also asked why we should feel Iraq was a threat. Kristol responded...Iraq is a threat because it might become a threat.(This is almost an exact quote...but I will admit it has been a while since I heard it.)

This struck me as...

So Kristol said Iraq was both a threat and not a threat...a logically null statement.(and totally false, since it can't be both)

Sorry...got into a bit of a rant there. I saw the guy on TV a few days ago and had a flashback.
GOOD POINT! How could I forget Korea!
Bob the Unbeliever

Tulsa, OK

#6 Feb 14, 2006
I actually MISSED this one - it's one I'd have liked to see.

If he ACTUALLY DID take responsibilty, and not use "weasel wording" as he has in the past, then:

Kudos, Bush!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#7 May 4, 2014
craig wrote:
This is true, he really should've said this 18 months ago. One question that I would ask is should we have moved in if we knew our intell. was wrong? I would've waited until we could've found the WOMD, then charge Sadaam with that crime instead of one that is still going on trial today.
lol Rumsfool and Candid Rice have just made our war front even bigger now. What Missiles Dude??

Location hidden

#8 Jun 22, 2014
"Troop decisions were a mistake" Secretary Rumsfeld
sick in the farking head

Rochester, NH

#9 Jun 22, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
"Troop decisions were a mistake" Secretary Rumsfeld
Everything about that administration was a mistake.
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#10 Jun 22, 2014
The Bush's are a dynasty. They want Jeb in - and it's going to be more of the same. What a relief to be rid of Obama like it was a relief to be rid o f GW Bush. Just like changing different color light bulbs. Funny how JHW Bush couldn't remember where he was on 11/22/63. Nor could his buddy Nixon who happened to be at a gathering the previous night with J Edgar Hoover and LBJ at the home oilman and owner of the Dallas Cowboys, Clint Murchison.

&fe ature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch...
yon

Miami Beach, FL

#11 Jun 22, 2014

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#12 Jun 22, 2014
Just Say #NO to All Dynasties, send Michelle back to (hospital management) vacation.

Location hidden

#13 Jun 25, 2014
"Koppel also asked why we should feel Iraq was a threat. Kristol responded...Iraq is a threat because it might become a threat.(This is almost an exact quote...but I will admit it has been a while since I heard it.)"

lol!! So I guess Im the best Chess player in the world, because I might become the best Chess player I the world-what a moron!!

Location hidden

#14 Jul 14, 2014
What an imbecile Kristol is
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#15 Jul 14, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
What an imbecile Kristol is
why ?

Location hidden

#16 Dec 11, 2014
swedenforever wrote:
"Koppel also asked why we should feel Iraq was a threat. Kristol responded...Iraq is a threat because it might become a threat.(This is almost an exact quote...but I will admit it has been a while since I heard it.)"
lol!! So I guess Im the best Chess player in the world, because I might become the best Chess player I the world-what a moron!!
Swedenforever and Norway for a long time

Location hidden

#17 Dec 11, 2014
Senator Feinstein, my enduring respect for you not cowering to inhumane treatment of POWs and to Sen McCain as well

Location hidden

#18 Dec 11, 2014
Darwins Stepchild wrote:
<quoted text>
This struck me as...
Darwins Stepchild is a great poster

Location hidden

#19 Dec 12, 2014
Look at their voting record!! The Prez grills them in a lame duck session!!

Location hidden

#20 Jan 9, 2015
swedenforever wrote:
Lol!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min New Age Spiritual... 649,930
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Buck Crick 55,776
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 11 min Williamhoodlms 139
Poll Is the price is right fixed for blacks? (Jun '12) 47 min boo drew 146
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Hangman 971,732
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr New Age Spiritual... 445,888
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Toby 106,060
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 10 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web