Cat Lovers

“why did I miss this?”

Since: May 07

lapeer, Michigan

#4507 Sep 17, 2011
LEEANN wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Jim, are you the same Jim that i use to chat with a few years ago on the christen topic? you were in a band? wow! it has been a long time. Do you remember me? I have a cat story too. but i will share it later. Hope you are the same guy. Seems you are. If not, opps. sorry.I think you just moved on a farm???
Hi there! yea, it is me. hadnt been on in a long time. My job required me to work sometimes 16 hour days... plus life issues.... just didnt get on the computer. recently took another position in management with a fixed schedule, helping me to get some time for myself. Not playing anymore, but hoping that changes soon. my last show was a year ago. I have a couple things in the works, but just had a setback, spending 5 days in the hospital trying to pass a half inch sized kidney stone. OUCH! too much internal damage... they did a stint, and now have to heal before going back to break it up. I remember you well. we had some great chats. I stay away from the political/religious forums, and dont use topix much anymore... same fighting, different thread. cant take it anymore. life is hard on us and we need uplifting experiences,, not arguing. take care buddy, and keep in touch. please.
jim

“why did I miss this?”

Since: May 07

lapeer, Michigan

#4508 Sep 17, 2011
LEEANN wrote:
<quoted text>cats are the best. I have a cat;she is about 12 years old and quite healthy. I had her for about 7 years when i got a dog and poor cat did not get all the attention she use to get, she sort of took a step back. How ever the two got a long pretty well. Well i had my dog for about 7 years a toy poodle who i fell in love with,he went every where with me we were very close this dog followed me every where i went and when i did leave him he would wait by the door til i came home... Last year he stared to have seizures and died. I still tear up just thinking about him and miss him so much. This leads me up to my cat. Like i said she sort of was put on the back burner and i think at times resented the dog, but when that dog took sick that cat actually tried to com-for him. When he died that cat com-for me. She, it seemed, took over the dogs personality.she followed me around the house, waited by the door for me when i left the house and she sleeps with me every night. She never did any of that before i got the dog or when i had the dog. I all most was waiting for her to bark! VERY WEIRD. So yes to the cat! they are awesome.
great story... thank God for our furry friends. My sneakers kitty helps me get thru all my hard times... would be LOST without her.
LEEANN

Clinton, CT

#4509 Sep 18, 2011
jimwings wrote:
<quoted text> Hi there! yea, it is me. hadnt been on in a long time. My job required me to work sometimes 16 hour days... plus life issues.... just didnt get on the computer. recently took another position in management with a fixed schedule, helping me to get some time for myself. Not playing anymore, but hoping that changes soon. my last show was a year ago. I have a couple things in the works, but just had a setback, spending 5 days in the hospital trying to pass a half inch sized kidney stone. OUCH! too much internal damage... they did a stint, and now have to heal before going back to break it up. I remember you well. we had some great chats. I stay away from the political/religious forums, and dont use topix much anymore... same fighting, different thread. cant take it anymore. life is hard on us and we need uplifting experiences,, not arguing. take care buddy, and keep in touch. please.
jim
I just knew it. I DO NOT blame you for not getting into religious conversation. To me that is a private affair between me and GOD. So sorry about your health issue. That had to hurt.Hope you heal fast and get back on your feet. Really hope you pick up with the bang again, you seemed to love it so.I have Gerds disease and it has gotten really bad. I had to have a Esophageal manometry test, this will let me know if i need to have surgery or not. You are right about life being hard, lol who in there right minds would look for more conflict? I have enough of that in my everyday life. When i go on line i want to have fun. So far here seems good. KEEP well old friend. chat soon. God bless you Jim.ps. remember Granny,(Judy) She actually brought you up on line not to long ago.Small world even on line.(smile)
LEEANN

Clinton, CT

#4510 Sep 18, 2011
smart won wrote:
i need a cat.
GET ONE! get one today and come share your story with us.
LEEANN

Clinton, CT

#4511 Sep 18, 2011
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/w/w_lasalle/

this is so HELPFUL for anyone that has lost a pet. I lost my wonderful little dog Jan 3RD. OF THIS YEAR and i miss him so much. The above has given me hope. I HOPE IT HELPS YOU AS WELL.

“Hands across the sea”

Since: Jun 06

Location hidden

#4512 Sep 19, 2011
TrilbyKat wrote:
This is so cute - big cats are into catnip, too. Just check out this video from Big Cat Rescue:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =tklx3j7kgJYXX&feature=col ike
G'Morning TrilbyKat...I think we can safely say big cats DO like catnip, good to see them so happy and LOVED the Simon cat videos
somebody understands cats so well!...:)

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#4513 Sep 19, 2011
jimwings wrote:
<quoted text> Glad there are animal lovers like you to watch out for those needing food. They always seem to know where to find us animal lovers! have a great weekend
Good Morning Jim, hope this finds you much more comfortable today, how very frustrating about the kidney stone, not to mention painful, as they say 'this too will pass'. No pun intended!
It will certainly be a good day you return to your band again,
sometimes it is good to have a break, start afresh.
This month sees our Alpha male, Dai Bach, turn 15 yrs of age, he is completely deaf but otherwise in great shape, meanwhile the baby of the household, Rosie Probert, is 1 yr old on Sept. 25th
so they will have joint treats.
Wishing you and Sneakers a great day.

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#4514 Sep 19, 2011
LEEANN wrote:
<quoted text>cats are the best. I have a cat;she is about 12 years old and quite healthy. I had her for about 7 years when i got a dog and poor cat did not get all the attention she use to get, she sort of took a step back. How ever the two got a long pretty well. Well i had my dog for about 7 years a toy poodle who i fell in love with,he went every where with me we were very close this dog followed me every where i went and when i did leave him he would wait by the door til i came home... Last year he stared to have seizures and died. I still tear up just thinking about him and miss him so much. This leads me up to my cat. Like i said she sort of was put on the back burner and i think at times resented the dog, but when that dog took sick that cat actually tried to com-for him. When he died that cat com-for me. She, it seemed, took over the dogs personality.she followed me around the house, waited by the door for me when i left the house and she sleeps with me every night. She never did any of that before i got the dog or when i had the dog. I all most was waiting for her to bark! VERY WEIRD. So yes to the cat! they are awesome.
G'Morning LEEANN, when we have a friend such as you have in your cat, and we in ours, they are absolutely worth their weight in gold, there always seems to be one who is that extra special, has a sixth sense even, the one in this household is Mitzi, whom I delivered 10 years ago, her mum had been thrown out pregnant and was being chased by the local 'Tom' I took her in and she delivered five kittens two days later. Tiny weeny cat, I called Clio, quite wild as she hadn't been handled, but she was the first on my knee of an evening eventually. I rehomed her kittens, barring one, at a later date the lady who had given Mitzi a home contacted me to say she could not cope, and I took her back. I was thankful she contacted me and not a shelter. Here we are ten years on and Mitzi rules the roost, sweet cat.

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#4515 Sep 19, 2011
LEEANN wrote:
http://www.ourchurch.com/membe r/w/w_lasalle/
this is so HELPFUL for anyone that has lost a pet. I lost my wonderful little dog Jan 3RD. OF THIS YEAR and i miss him so much. The above has given me hope. I HOPE IT HELPS YOU AS WELL.
This is to keep and will help a friend of mine who is grieving after the loss of her last remaining cat.
So sorry to hear Jan was taken from you so young. This must surely
be a comfort, and thank you.

“Education Leads to Peace”

Since: Sep 11

Ignorance Leads to War

#4516 Sep 19, 2011
Cats are indeed awesome, my mom was a sort of cat lady growing up we had like three-four generations of cats in the house at all times. However, i always loved our ferrt the most.

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#4517 Sep 19, 2011
DaftedJester wrote:
Cats are indeed awesome, my mom was a sort of cat lady growing up we had like three-four generations of cats in the house at all times. However, i always loved our ferrt the most.
Hi DJ....my son thought the world of his ferret, simply
because it was his own, it was a beautiful creature and am
glad to say never bit either of us once...:)

Ignorance Leads to War

#4518 Sep 19, 2011
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi DJ....my son thought the world of his ferret, simply
because it was his own, it was a beautiful creature and am
glad to say never bit either of us once...:)
Ferrets are fun as hell. They can be as playful as a dog, just without the size. Plus they can fit like anywhere, and finding where he stash all of my slippers was always a good saturday activity. If it werent for thr fact I cant have animals at the barracks I would own one.

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#4519 Sep 19, 2011
DaftedJester wrote:
<quoted text>
Ferrets are fun as hell. They can be as playful as a dog, just without the size. Plus they can fit like anywhere, and finding where he stash all of my slippers was always a good saturday activity. If it werent for thr fact I cant have animals at the barracks I would own one.
Fun and very entertaining. Easy to feed, easy to house. at that time we also had a New Zealand White rabbit, the two of them would chase each other round the garden and dive in the rabbit's hutch, neither had any malice in them, it got worse, we had a miniature poodle at the time also, and he would join in, it was hilarious and very good memories.
A blow you cannot keep one...just yet anyways.

Ignorance Leads to War

#4520 Sep 19, 2011
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Fun and very entertaining. Easy to feed, easy to house. at that time we also had a New Zealand White rabbit, the two of them would chase each other round the garden and dive in the rabbit's hutch, neither had any malice in them, it got worse, we had a miniature poodle at the time also, and he would join in, it was hilarious and very good memories.
A blow you cannot keep one...just yet anyways.
Plus my friend who I'm living with off base, his wife thinks they are disgusting s I can't get one and kep it there.

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#4521 Sep 19, 2011
DaftedJester wrote:
<quoted text>
Plus my friend who I'm living with off base, his wife thinks they are disgusting s I can't get one and kep it there.
Difficult one. Could be the fear of the unknown with your friend's wife, pity she cannot be won over with a little ferret kitten, but some people you can't change. I would be surprised if there were not any cats around the base just begging to be fed!
LEEANN

Clinton, CT

#4522 Sep 19, 2011
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
G'Morning LEEANN, when we have a friend such as you have in your cat, and we in ours, they are absolutely worth their weight in gold, there always seems to be one who is that extra special, has a sixth sense even, the one in this household is Mitzi, whom I delivered 10 years ago, her mum had been thrown out pregnant and was being chased by the local 'Tom' I took her in and she delivered five kittens two days later. Tiny weeny cat, I called Clio, quite wild as she hadn't been handled, but she was the first on my knee of an evening eventually. I rehomed her kittens, barring one, at a later date the lady who had given Mitzi a home contacted me to say she could not cope, and I took her back. I was thankful she contacted me and not a shelter. Here we are ten years on and Mitzi rules the roost, sweet cat.
awww, how sweet. I think animal lovers have a special kind of soul. My son has a crippled cat and let me tell you this cat is mean! he spits at me all the time and he smells, But you can not help love him plus he is beautiful. My son has to bath him because he has no use of his back legs. That is sort of funny because this cat hates water and you think that he was being killed he yells and hiss's REALLY,REALLY loud! Yup are pets give us joy and when they leave us it is a lost that is hard to explain unless you have gone through it. This is a great post. love it here.
LEEANN

Clinton, CT

#4523 Sep 19, 2011

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#4524 Sep 20, 2011
LEEANN wrote:
<quoted text>awww, how sweet. I think animal lovers have a special kind of soul. My son has a crippled cat and let me tell you this cat is mean! he spits at me all the time and he smells, But you can not help love him plus he is beautiful. My son has to bath him because he has no use of his back legs. That is sort of funny because this cat hates water and you think that he was being killed he yells and hiss's REALLY,REALLY loud! Yup are pets give us joy and when they leave us it is a lost that is hard to explain unless you have gone through it. This is a great post. love it here.
I think we do!:) I shouldn't, I know, but I tend to judge a person on whether or not he/she is an animal lover, I don't feel the same about them if they are not.
Kudos to your son for his kindness with his cat. It can't be easy, for either one, but I'm sure the cat realises (deep down) lol, that it is in his own interests. Your son must be a brave person!
Can I ask you LEEANN, was the cat run over at some time to lose the use of his back legs?:

“Hands across the sea”

Location hidden

#4525 Sep 20, 2011
LEEANN wrote:
http://www.videobash.com/video _show/klepto-kitty-the-cat-bur glar-13896
This is amazing...and how fortunate this family have understanding neighbours. Absolutely priceless, that is some cat. t/y
LEEANN

Clinton, CT

#4526 Sep 20, 2011
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
I think we do!:) I shouldn't, I know, but I tend to judge a person on whether or not he/she is an animal lover, I don't feel the same about them if they are not.
Kudos to your son for his kindness with his cat. It can't be easy, for either one, but I'm sure the cat realises (deep down) lol, that it is in his own interests. Your son must be a brave person!
Can I ask you LEEANN, was the cat run over at some time to lose the use of his back legs?:
no, he was born like that. My son work for a vet in our hometown and brought the cat,(at the time,he was a tiny little kitty) home and told me if he didn't keep it they would put him down. I didn't have the heart to say no. So 7 years later here we are. As for realizing how lucky he is. lol. i am not sure. He hiss's at me all the time , even when i am trying to help him. My son is the only one that can handle him, that is the bad side. But so far we manage. WISH it didn't smell so bad.But my son is on top of that by bathing him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min Aura Mytha 88,536
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 9 min X Pendable 184,819
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 15 min karl44 977,505
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 26 min Pad 665,618
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 27 min truth 715
Salalah gay 35 min Sallu 6
Did O.J. toss murder into a Brentwood street g... 39 min Knock off purse s... 9
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 284,728
More from around the web