Since: May 11

Diamondhead, MS

#4485 Jun 5, 2011
Yes, my cats are so awesome. They make every morning wonderful when I get to wake up to warm kitties cuddled all around my body. I love them so much, especially Snow who is my daughter kitten.:)
TrilbyKat wrote:
Tentencat you sound like you have some awesome cats and they have an awesome friend in you!

“Winchester Model 1894”

Since: Apr 07

Roy, Washington

#4486 Jun 22, 2011
My male Himalayan (Nigel) has a new game he plays. We have long carpet runners we put in the hallway on our hardwood floors. Nigel will take a run at one, dig his claws in and go sliding down the hall.

He's weird, but with a name like Nigel, what would one expect.

“Women (and cats) of WoW unite!”

Since: Jul 07

San Diego, but now: The Woods

#4487 Jun 25, 2011
Ha ha ha - that is so cute!

#4488 Jun 28, 2011
I love The Key of Awesome parodies and I love kitties on the web, so this mini clip of a parody with a chair riding kitty is extra awesome:

Deety

Massa E Cozzile, Italy

#4489 Jul 4, 2011
Mama-san wrote:
How about some cat stories? Talk about your cats. What color are they? How did you get them?
Anything cat!!
Please note:
No trolls
No bashing
Treat everyone with respect.
Well, my cats help out in the garden and they love sitting up high and watching me dig..
http://www.giornaledibarganews.com/2011/07/03...

“HAPUS DEWI SANT”

Since: Jun 06

Chester, UK

#4490 Jul 7, 2011
Mind if I join in please. I used to come here some time ago, cats are my 'thing' and I enjoy
hearing about other folk's cats. Mine are rescues, lots of them, except for one who is 14 and a half, he is the Boss Cat goes by the name of Dai Bach which in Welsh where he was born and I live, means Little David. He is a huge British Shorthair Silver Tabby who I delivered Sept.,'96
Most of our cat family have been thrown out of a nearby house when they got bored with them, the last two arrivals were thrown out on Christmas Eve
2009. They were little kittens who found their way to our house, our gain, they are now very loving cats, brother and sister and devoted to each other, called Blue and Clancy.
Thanks for reading this.

“why did I miss this?”

Since: May 07

lapeer, Michigan

#4492 Aug 24, 2011
I was hoping this thread was still alive..... but looks like it could use some life support.
Hope all my old cat/animal loving buddies are still well. I met some wonderful people on these threads.... but lost touch due to 14-16 hour days and typical life changes. Have a wonderful day!
need a laugh?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jGxVe5YOJUI/TXjhEtK...

“HAPUS DEWI SANT”

Whitchurch, UK

#4493 Aug 25, 2011
jimwings wrote:
I was hoping this thread was still alive..... but looks like it could use some life support.
Hope all my old cat/animal loving buddies are still well. I met some wonderful people on these threads.... but lost touch due to 14-16 hour days and typical life changes. Have a wonderful day!
need a laugh?
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-jGxVe5YOJUI/TXjhEtK...
Hello Jimwings, was hoping you still checked in...how are you?
Those are long hours you have been putting in, this is where cats
are so therapeutic and nice to share stories of each others feline friends.
The pic is priceless, thanks for that, unique!
Since being here previously my cat family has grown, the latest additions being the two kits who found themselves homeless on Christmas Eve of all times, only thankful they found there way here, unfortunately I was sufficiently quick off the mark to have the girl spayed, she delivered two kittens on Sept. 25th last year, one survived, she is our little Rose Probert, a chunky little terror with deep orange eye colour and a plush blue/cream coat. Looks like butter wouldn't melt, but she rules the roost.
Wouldn't be without her for the world.
Hope this finds you and yours keeping well..and making good music.

“why did I miss this?”

lapeer, Michigan

#4494 Aug 25, 2011
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Jimwings, was hoping you still checked in...how are you?
Those are long hours you have been putting in, this is where cats
are so therapeutic and nice to share stories of each others feline friends.
The pic is priceless, thanks for that, unique!
Since being here previously my cat family has grown, the latest additions being the two kits who found themselves homeless on Christmas Eve of all times, only thankful they found there way here, unfortunately I was sufficiently quick off the mark to have the girl spayed, she delivered two kittens on Sept. 25th last year, one survived, she is our little Rose Probert, a chunky little terror with deep orange eye colour and a plush blue/cream coat. Looks like butter wouldn't melt, but she rules the roost.
Wouldn't be without her for the world.
Hope this finds you and yours keeping well..and making good music.
Nice to get a reply from you in this thread. I hope we can keep it going.(As my Sneakers kitty gives my left arm it's nightly bath)..... She is my bestest little buddy. She loves these
friskies snacks I recently started buying... begs like a dog..... I do the same for ice cream! Glad to hear you took in a couple needy furry friends. Bless you for that. I hear the most heart=warming stories about critters people took in. So nice to hear good stories.
take care,
jim

#4495 Aug 26, 2011
jimwings wrote:
<quoted text> Nice to get a reply from you in this thread. I hope we can keep it going.(As my Sneakers kitty gives my left arm it's nightly bath)..... She is my bestest little buddy. She loves these
friskies snacks I recently started buying... begs like a dog..... I do the same for ice cream! Glad to hear you took in a couple needy furry friends. Bless you for that. I hear the most heart=warming stories about critters people took in. So nice to hear good stories.
take care,
jim
My cat, Gravy loves those Friskies Party Mix treats. He meows like crazy for them.

As of today he is our only pet. Our dog, Biscuit died unexpectedly yesterday morning after only a short illness. It took all of us (including the vet) by surprise. It's so hard to say goodby or believe it's even real. I know we'll be together again someday, but it hurts so much right now.

Biscuit loved cats as much as I do and Gravy was her best bud. He is comforting me, when he's not about his cat business (sleeping, rolling around on his back and watching birds, etc.) and has made sure to "groom" my arm and hand for support. I swear he has the roughest tongue of any cat I've ever had - it's downright painful at times.

Here's something I found to share that I thought was cute. It will not only show you your cat's age in "human" years, it will also show you your age in "cat" years! They even supply code if you want it on your own website/blog:

http://www.calculatorcat.com/cats/cat-years.p...

My cat is "older" than I am!

“why did I miss this?”

lapeer, Michigan

#4496 Aug 26, 2011
TrilbyKat wrote:
<quoted text>
My cat, Gravy loves those Friskies Party Mix treats. He meows like crazy for them.
As of today he is our only pet. Our dog, Biscuit died unexpectedly yesterday morning after only a short illness. It took all of us (including the vet) by surprise. It's so hard to say goodby or believe it's even real. I know we'll be together again someday, but it hurts so much right now.
Biscuit loved cats as much as I do and Gravy was her best bud. He is comforting me, when he's not about his cat business (sleeping, rolling around on his back and watching birds, etc.) and has made sure to "groom" my arm and hand for support. I swear he has the roughest tongue of any cat I've ever had - it's downright painful at times.
Here's something I found to share that I thought was cute. It will not only show you your cat's age in "human" years, it will also show you your age in "cat" years! They even supply code if you want it on your own website/blog:
http://www.calculatorcat.com/cats/cat-years.p...
My cat is "older" than I am!
Thanks for the link! I am 6.8 cat years old! My sidney lived to be 18..... even after 5 years, i still think about him every day... he was my best life partner ever. I've had a few special animals in my life... well they are ALL special in their own way... but those "special" ones tug at special heart strings. I had a Shepherd when I was growing up in the 70's... we had a special relationship.... then Got Sidney when I was lonely, on my own in the 80's... we grew up together.... he lasted thru 4.5 long term relationships with women....(me, not him!)..... I hope Sneakers is around for years to come. She stays indoors although she was an outside cat when I took her in.(Lived under a neighbor's house with 4 babies.... took em all in!)

anyway, sorry to hear about your loss. I lost many animals in the past few years when I lived on the farm... I miss all of those critters, from every chicken, rabbit and stray we took in....

have a great nite... goin to bed soon... i hope 4am gets here too darn quick anymore!

“why did I miss this?”

lapeer, Michigan

#4497 Aug 26, 2011

“HAPUS DEWI SANT”

Whitchurch, UK

#4498 Aug 29, 2011
jimwings wrote:
http://ireport.cnn.com/blogs/i report-blog/2011/08/26/top-fiv e-cutest-ireports-ever-squeal? hpt=hp_bn1
for cat lovers everywhere
Enjoyed that link Jim, thanks for that, glad to see the thread
coming to life once again too.

TrilbyKat, was sorry to hear of Biscuit passing so suddenly,
it is always a shock when they do leave us, but much moreso when they depart so unexpectedly, I know. The last dog we had was Suki, and she passed in exactly the same manner, thankfully with me present, she was a tiny Yorkshire Terrier, smaller than the cats, but the biggest heart you could imagine. Only consolation was, no suffering.

I have a rather large entire blue/grey male coming twice daily
for his meals, much to the delight of the Dai Bach, Ginger Bailey and Joe Celt, who all believe this to be their sole territory!
He waits until they are indoors then appears on the window sill.
Doesn't like being patted, but I have, out of necessity, lifted him up and transported him to a safer place, he allows that. No malice. The shelters here are full to overflowing, and I find folk tend to look for a 'fluffy little kitten' which he certainly is not. So I guess we have another mouth to feed, but Winter coming on, only glad he turned up here. I think these cats must spread the word!:)

#4499 Sep 2, 2011
A new Simon's Cat video is up and it's awesome:

This video compilation of cats from Russia has some pretty funny moments:

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The world wide web does run on cat videos.

<3 Thank you for the kind words eleanorigby. So sorry you lost Suki that way, too. It is a consolation that she didn't suffer much and I was with her.

#4500 Sep 10, 2011
This is so cute - big cats are into catnip, too. Just check out this video from Big Cat Rescue:

&fe ature=colike

“why did I miss this?”

lapeer, Michigan

#4501 Sep 17, 2011
eleanorigby wrote:
<quoted text>
Enjoyed that link Jim, thanks for that, glad to see the thread
coming to life once again too.
TrilbyKat, was sorry to hear of Biscuit passing so suddenly,
it is always a shock when they do leave us, but much moreso when they depart so unexpectedly, I know. The last dog we had was Suki, and she passed in exactly the same manner, thankfully with me present, she was a tiny Yorkshire Terrier, smaller than the cats, but the biggest heart you could imagine. Only consolation was, no suffering.
I have a rather large entire blue/grey male coming twice daily
for his meals, much to the delight of the Dai Bach, Ginger Bailey and Joe Celt, who all believe this to be their sole territory!
He waits until they are indoors then appears on the window sill.
Doesn't like being patted, but I have, out of necessity, lifted him up and transported him to a safer place, he allows that. No malice. The shelters here are full to overflowing, and I find folk tend to look for a 'fluffy little kitten' which he certainly is not. So I guess we have another mouth to feed, but Winter coming on, only glad he turned up here. I think these cats must spread the word!:)
Glad there are animal lovers like you to watch out for those needing food. They always seem to know where to find us animal lovers! have a great weekend

“why did I miss this?”

lapeer, Michigan

#4502 Sep 17, 2011
TrilbyKat wrote:
A new Simon's Cat video is up and it's awesome:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =BWIPZvwcnX8XX
This video compilation of cats from Russia has some pretty funny moments:
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The world wide web does run on cat videos.
<3 Thank you for the kind words eleanorigby. So sorry you lost Suki that way, too. It is a consolation that she didn't suffer much and I was with her.
loved the simon can all relate!
LEEANN

Old Saybrook, CT

#4503 Sep 17, 2011
jimwings wrote:
The only cat I have left is a tortoiseshell colored cat named Sneakers. She got her name because she "sneaked" into my life! She was wild, and living under my neighbors crawl space. The first time I saw her she had ran up a tree to play with a squirrel, but the squirrel was just a cussin her out!! It was hilarious! She was really skinny and I had noticed that she had babies due to her swollen nipples, so I put food out for her every day.
A few weeks after, I noticed her bringing her babis one by one and dropping them off at my steps. this went on for about 25 minutes until I had 4 babies. So I did the animal lover thing. I took her and her babies in, and after the babies were weaned I found good homes for them and kept her. She has been a total blessing to me, I love her sooo much. My last cat ,Sidney, died last year after having him for eighteen years. I miss him terribly. A few months back a kitten started coming aroung my back door that has a relarkable reseblance to Sidney. So now I am putting food out for him every day. He has the same mannerisms to my long lost buddy, so who knows, maybe he came back. he spends most of his day here enjoying my back yard. He's wild and won't let me close to him yet, but I am hoping!
peace!
And I agree with the liking for tuna jeff, because I HAVE to share my tuna with my Sneakers, or she'll stare at me as I eat my sandwich! LOL
Hey Jim, are you the same Jim that i use to chat with a few years ago on the christen topic? you were in a band? wow! it has been a long time. Do you remember me? I have a cat story too. but i will share it later. Hope you are the same guy. Seems you are. If not, opps. sorry.I think you just moved on a farm???

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4504 Sep 17, 2011
i need a cat.
LEEANN

Old Saybrook, CT

#4505 Sep 17, 2011
smart won wrote:
i need a cat.
cats are the best. I have a cat;she is about 12 years old and quite healthy. I had her for about 7 years when i got a dog and poor cat did not get all the attention she use to get, she sort of took a step back. How ever the two got a long pretty well. Well i had my dog for about 7 years a toy poodle who i fell in love with,he went every where with me we were very close this dog followed me every where i went and when i did leave him he would wait by the door til i came home... Last year he stared to have seizures and died. I still tear up just thinking about him and miss him so much. This leads me up to my cat. Like i said she sort of was put on the back burner and i think at times resented the dog, but when that dog took sick that cat actually tried to com-for him. When he died that cat com-for me. She, it seemed, took over the dogs personality.she followed me around the house, waited by the door for me when i left the house and she sleeps with me every night. She never did any of that before i got the dog or when i had the dog. I all most was waiting for her to bark! VERY WEIRD. So yes to the cat! they are awesome.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 3 min Roxie Darling 4,643
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 8 min Stilgar Fifrawi 810,562
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 15 min Non _cents 1,373
Last Word + 2 (Jul '14) 18 min Roxie Darling 1,052
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 22 min Charlie Sheen 269,088
Do white girls like Hispanic guys? (Girls who a... (Jan '14) 33 min Jon 29
Mom's that have fantasized about doing somethin... 39 min Jon 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 42 min Seentheotherside 574,467
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Seentheotherside 608,281
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 11 hr perfect massage r... 206
More from around the web