Christian Lies Exposed
Truth Matters

Anderson, IN

#48334 Jun 21, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about fake Christians and persecution. T...
...I wonder a lot why the Protestants took much out of the original canon. Why leave out a lot of the Septuagint? Why take out the Apocrypha, which was originally published even in the first KJVs, in other Protestant bibles until the 1800s when the Dominionist movement started taking off? So many questions, it seems when I find one answer, I just have more questions to ask.
So I respectfully ask, which texts do you consider to have been specifically endorsed by God and which ones you think the church officials should have left in, as well as the ones you consider should have been left out completely? Seems like quite a deeply intriguing conversation to be had, but that's just me.
When I was first witnessed to with the gospel of Christ, I was shown the parts of the Bible pertaining to sin, Jesus' death/sacrifice, resurrection, salvation by belief in him, and of the receiving of the Holy Spirit, and his promised return and heaven/judgement. I knew in my conscience and my life that I was a hopeless sinner. I decided that day that I would "test" this promise of God (of salvation to those that believe and his Holy Spirit) or rather I chose to believe in someone I had at one time decided didn't exist.

That day, my life changed. That choice to take God at his word, proved true. I could go into how all those changes that have manifested themselves in my life since then, but that really doesn't play into this post except to say that they were too numerous to even begin to write about here and from past experience they mean nothing to those that haven't experience that power of God in their lives.

I knew that I had become a new creature, an adopted son of God, who now related to me as a Father. I had been reconciled just as the Bible had said that I would be. God was active in my life and was in me and along side me in the form of his Spirit and he answered my prayers in so many amazing ways that at times I was dumbfounded at times.

I read the Bible many times over and saw his hand in it everywhere and he related it to my life in many deep ways teaching me about myself... pruning me and continuing to change me. At the same time reinforcing the truth that he had revealed to me the day I knelt down in repentance to him. I saw how he was in my life prior to that day as my life was falling apart only to lead me to him as a broken young man... humbled by my experiences, and ready to admit the truth about myself.

Now, after all these years, I know my Lord. I have the understanding that he has given me and know how to recognize him in his word. It's that simple. When I read these other texts, I know through God's Spirit whether these contain God's words or not, just as the early Christians did. It is God''s plumb line in all of us that were chosen by him. It's not about which texts were discovered where and when, but that is what unbelievers will want to argue about.

Those that know God, know what is true about him. They know each other and are instantly connected in their common experience of God's grace, salvation, power and ever presence in their lives. They know that they have been set aside from the rest and are humbled. I have seen how the Bible is a masterful tapestry spun over thousands of years by the greatest artist that there can ever be. To him be the glory!

So to argue with you about Paul and John and bishops of the councils that decided this over that, is essentially irrelevant. The "proof" of what is valid or not is in the test... and the greatest test is... did you receive his promised Holy Spirit? The Spirit is given as a guarantee for the coming fulfillment of the hope that is in me. And that is, my ultimate redemption, that is coming, and my acceptance into the household of God as an adopted son and fellow heir because of what Jesus did for me. Simple as that...
Truth Matters

Anderson, IN

#48335 Jun 21, 2014
And I guess to add further, when I see someone that tries to argue on some intellectual level about other possibilities such as self improvement, multiculturalism, a general diety and multiple ways of approaching him, etc., just to name a few... I KNOW that they haven't experienced what I experienced and are still blind. Enlightenment starts at the foot of the cross kneeling down in repentance admitting the truth about yourself.

Like someone once said, it only takes you finding 1 window in a dark house to know that the sun is shining outside. Once you know, you don't need to keep searching. And that is why we Christians sing, "I once was blind, but now I see."
tedna7891

Chicago, IL

#48336 Jun 21, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi there, my friend!:)
You incognito, keeping your back to us tonight? lol
'

yep, you are right :)
Game Over

Charlotte, NC

#48337 Jun 22, 2014
Check out truelogic's lame blog. AKA beijair. AKA fcuking jobless loser. Posting his insanity since 2009. He's the joke of the internet. No wonder this thread imploded under his massive hypocrisy. Get a job!

“Free your mind”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#48338 Jul 24, 2014
Truth Matters wrote:
And I guess to add further, when I see someone that tries to argue on some intellectual level about other possibilities such as self improvement, multiculturalism, a general diety and multiple ways of approaching him, etc., just to name a few... I KNOW that they haven't experienced what I experienced and are still blind. Enlightenment starts at the foot of the cross kneeling down in repentance admitting the truth about yourself.
Like someone once said, it only takes you finding 1 window in a dark house to know that the sun is shining outside. Once you know, you don't need to keep searching. And that is why we Christians sing, "I once was blind, but now I see."
Yes, I'm quite familiar with those songs. But you have no idea what anyone else has or has not experienced. If it's all just about feeling one knows something based on feelings, then there is no need for any written texts at all and there has to be a skewed view because emotions and feelings can deceive us. That is why it becomes necessary for some of us at some point to set aside emotions and feelings, ponder logically, debate with facts, etc.

You say "multiple ways of approaching him" as if everyone seeks the same version of God you do. I myself do not. I've already been there, and am now set apart from the crowded road that is Christianity. You see, if you know already, you have no faith; faith is not knowing, but believing. Facts do not rely on faith to be true. Also, multiculturalism has noting to do with religion in general, but Christianity was founded upon that concept, as I mentioned regarding the RCC.

Early "Christians" or Nazarenes, Essenes, Gnostics, etc. read their own texts like Thomas, Peter, Judas, Mary, etc. There was no formal Bible until 325; after that, you have your Christians. Jesus was Jewish. Just saying....

Thanks for sharing what your religion means to you, but please realize it means different things to each Christian even. You can't use blanket statements about Christians as if all are of the same exact belief system as a whole. Never has been that way.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#48339 Jul 24, 2014
beijair wrote:
Christians do not want others to know this but ALL MEN WILL BE SAVED. Sorry to expose your lies, Christians. If you are going to preach the word of god…then be honest about it.
"For THIS is GOOD AND ACCEPTABLE in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have ALL men ..… ALL men to be saved..." (I Tim. 2:3-4).
Christians say God WILL NOT have all men to be saved. Why? It goes against the Doctrines and Teachings of men.
"The Lord…is NOT WILLING that ANY should perish [eternally]…" (I Peter. 3:9).
Christians say God IS WILLING that some should perish. Why? Again, they follow the doctrines of men.
"This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God Who is the Saviour of ALL MEN specially [specially does not mean ‘exclusively’] of those that believe" (I Tim. 4:10).
NOTICE how god stated "worth of all acceptation". Notice he stated that in the first one too....nothing short of this is acceptable. Notice each time god stated All...not 5 percent. Notice in 1 Tim. 4:10 he says ALL MEN SPECIALLY of those that believe....he makes it clear that not only those that believe...ALL MEn.
"I, if I be lifted up from the earth, WILL draw ALL [Gk. "the" all] men unto me" (John 12:32).
Yes...again, he made it clear that he will draw ALL MEN. Christians do not accept this either. They tell us...in this thread that this is not true. They tell us that we are not all saved.
"For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified" (I Cor. 15:22).
Christians accept the first part of this scripture but they deny the last part. One must wonder why they want so much to follow the traditions and doctrines of men when Gods word is in front of them. They deny god's word.
"And He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for our’s only, but also for THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).
Again, he makes it clear "THE WHOLE WORLD"...what is it that christians cannot understand about ALL and The Whole World. It is NOT saying 10 percent of all...is it? Of course not...that would be stupid.
So, let us see if the Christians can Prove these scriptures wrong or what i am saying about them are wrong. Let us see them explain it and then provide proof that god said...no, i didn't mean what i said.
Let us all witness the Chrisitans attempt to say this is not true and make it contradict. These scriptures go along with
"God is operating ALL in all" (I Cor. 12:6)
"Yet ALL is of God" (II Cor. 5:18)
Yes, god controls the functions of all.
You are of your father....the DEVIL. He that calls the Gospel 'a lie' dams his SOUL!!!!
Truth Matters

Anderson, IN

#48340 Jul 25, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I'm quite familiar with those songs. But you have no idea what anyone else has or has not experienced. If it's all just about feeling one knows something based on feelings, then there is no need for any written texts at all and there has to be a skewed view because emotions and feelings can deceive us. That is why it becomes necessary for some of us at some point to set aside emotions and feelings, ponder logically, debate with facts, etc.
You say "multiple ways of approaching him" as if everyone seeks the same version of God you do. I myself do not. I've already been there, and am now set apart from the crowded road that is Christianity. You see, if you know already, you have no faith; faith is not knowing, but believing. Facts do not rely on faith to be true. Also, multiculturalism has noting to do with religion in general, but Christianity was founded upon that concept, as I mentioned regarding the RCC.
Early "Christians" or Nazarenes, Essenes, Gnostics, etc. read their own texts like Thomas, Peter, Judas, Mary, etc. There was no formal Bible until 325; after that, you have your Christians. Jesus was Jewish. Just saying....
Thanks for sharing what your religion means to you, but please realize it means different things to each Christian even. You can't use blanket statements about Christians as if all are of the same exact belief system as a whole. Never has been that way.
I'm not talking about feelings. I'm talking about experiencing the power of God first hand and having instant fellowship with those that likewise know it.

If you and I both attended a ball game separately, and later met and discusssed it in detail, it would be apparent that we both had seen the game.

True Christianity is no different because there is one truth and it is consistant. The Bible reveals God's nature, how to approach Him, and how He will react to both the right and wrong approach.

That is a testable process that those who are genuine have experienced it in the acceptance by God as sons and the receipt of His guarantor Spirit... sons who recognize the work of their father in their lives.

So my faith is not in wanting this to be true, but rather in KNOWING it is but not being able to see it physically. So by faith, I know it is there.

It is like in 2 Kings 6:17, when Elisha asked God to open the eyes of his servant so he could see the angels that were surrounding him. I believe in what I cannot see, but I most assuredly know it is there.

It is also a sobering knowledge when we see those that go about another way, all the while deceived and not knowing it. Oh, how clearly I see the strong delusion that God has sent upon those that do not believe in the way that He laid down for us to follow! I fear for you.
Doctor REALITY

North Little Rock, AR

#48341 Jul 25, 2014
He that blasphemes the Gospel proves himself to be son of Satan the Wicked One. 4 REAL.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#48342 Jul 28, 2014
Doctor REALITY wrote:
He that blasphemes the Gospel proves himself to be son of Satan the Wicked One. 4 REAL.
incorrect....

(44) Jesus says:

(1) "Whoever blasphemes against the Father, it will be forgiven him.
(2) And whoever blasphemes against the Son, it will be forgiven him.
(3) But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit, it will not be forgiven him, neither on earth nor in heaven."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#48343 Aug 12, 2014
Truth Matters wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not talking about feelings. I'm talking about experiencing the power of God first hand and having instant fellowship with those that likewise know it.
If you and I both attended a ball game separately, and later met and discusssed it in detail, it would be apparent that we both had seen the game.
True Christianity is no different because there is one truth and it is consistant. The Bible reveals God's nature, how to approach Him, and how He will react to both the right and wrong approach.
That is a testable process that those who are genuine have experienced it in the acceptance by God as sons and the receipt of His guarantor Spirit... sons who recognize the work of their father in their lives.
So my faith is not in wanting this to be true, but rather in KNOWING it is but not being able to see it physically. So by faith, I know it is there.
It is like in 2 Kings 6:17, when Elisha asked God to open the eyes of his servant so he could see the angels that were surrounding him. I believe in what I cannot see, but I most assuredly know it is there.
It is also a sobering knowledge when we see those that go about another way, all the while deceived and not knowing it. Oh, how clearly I see the strong delusion that God has sent upon those that do not believe in the way that He laid down for us to follow! I fear for you.
Your whole post is about feelings which in some way result in "knowledge." If God sent delusions to people as you claim, what does that say about the character of your version of God?

And what exactly do you mean by "True Christianity?" There are 40,000 different sects of Christianity; 40,000 ways one can be a Christian with differences in beliefs in all those sects. Seems you are claiming only one of them is right. Which one and why?

Why do you refer to God as Him? Is it just in passing? Or do you think God is male?

Also, why fear for me? I believe in a lot of things I can not see, and know they are there. That knowledge excludes faith as a necessity though. Your fear for me seems to come from your own judgments made about me when you have no idea what I even believe. Those judgments which are implied in your fearfulness for me should make you fearful for yourself, I'd think, if you are indeed one who believes the Christian Bible or New Testament, whichever you call it.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#48344 Aug 12, 2014
Truth Matters, that ballgame analogy is fallacious. Discussing a game in detail would likely render different perspectives at some point, esp depending on which side one was rooting for. You seem to be looking from a one-sided view only. I myself have chosen to see as many views as possible because there are always more than two; though most only are willing to see two views.

It's kind of like that sales pitch where you give the person only two options; of course it's a sham, because there are other options. You just don't allow them to know that so the sell is easier to make.
Truth Matters

Anderson, IN

#48345 Aug 13, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
Your whole post is about feelings which in some way result in "knowledge." If God sent delusions to people as you claim, what does that say about the character of your version of God?
And what exactly do you mean by "True Christianity?" There are 40,000 different sects of Christianity; 40,000 ways one can be a Christian with differences in beliefs in all those sects. Seems you are claiming only one of them is right. Which one and why?
Why do you refer to God as Him? Is it just in passing? Or do you think God is male?
Also, why fear for me? I believe in a lot of things I can not see, and know they are there. That knowledge excludes faith as a necessity though. Your fear for me seems to come from your own judgments made about me when you have no idea what I even believe. Those judgments which are implied in your fearfulness for me should make you fearful for yourself, I'd think, if you are indeed one who believes the Christian Bible or New Testament, whichever you call it.
My post is about what millions of Christians throughout history have confirmed the way that Jesus spoke of in the Bible, not about feelings. And a great many of them came out of the many religious systems and know that men invent many ways of enlightenment or reaching for God on THEIR terms (religion).

And they contrast that with the ONLY TRUE WAY they have been graced to "find" and they "see" the error of their previous path. Your attempt to classify what I am stating as feelings is disingenuous.

You would have to belittle EVERY testimony of EVERY man and women who willingly laid down their life in the name of Christ under the most adverse situations like Communist prisons and threat of execution because they refused to recant their testimony of salvation through Christ.

Ask the typical "Christian" church goer if he is a "good person" or if "good people" go to heaven, and they will answer yes. Of course, Christ said different... that men are evil and need a savior. All who refuse to acknowledge this fact are perverse and hide the obvious truth that men fail even by their OWN standard.

I don't judge you, I just state the obvious according to the written record. It is you who have judged yourself unworthy by denying what Christ taught us about the Way. God just gives you what you want. He hardened Pharaoh's heart AFTER Pharaoh had hardened his own heart time after time in the face of the obvious truth.. Perhaps you do the same?
Truth Matters

Anderson, IN

#48346 Aug 13, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
Truth Matters, that ballgame analogy is fallacious. Discussing a game in detail would likely render different perspectives at some point, esp depending on which side one was rooting for. You seem to be looking from a one-sided view only. I myself have chosen to see as many views as possible because there are always more than two; though most only are willing to see two views.
It's kind of like that sales pitch where you give the person only two options; of course it's a sham, because there are other options. You just don't allow them to know that so the sell is easier to make.
Ask the typical "Christian" church goer if he is a "good person" or if "good people" go to heaven, and they will answer yes. Of course, Christ said different... that men are evil and need a savior. All who refuse to acknowledge this fact are perverse and hide the obvious truth that men fail even by their OWN standard.

And as far as my analogy, those inside the ball park saw what each player did and it can be verified by checking the box score, which is the recorded truth. Those outside the park hear cheering and guess at what is happening inside the park and even act like they know what happened when speaking to others, but that is where dishonesty enters in.

They even go as far as refuting what someone else says who actually saw the game to protect their own self interest. They might even call into question the validity of the published box score, and so on and so on... Sound familiar? Heck, why stop there?

Why not call into question the stadium owner who requires that every person have a ticket to see the game... cause if you were the owner, you would throw open the doors for everyone. And why allow a published box score as a single source of truth... that would just embarrass people who decided they didn't want to attend the game? Let's let them make up their own details of the game... whatever suits them. Wouldn't THAT better?

Sad that most of the time the Pharisees didn't even comprehend when Jesus was speaking about them in His parables...

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#48347 Aug 25, 2014
Truth Matters wrote:
<quoted text>
And as far as my analogy, those inside the ball park saw what each player did and it can be verified by checking the box score, which is the recorded truth. Those outside the park hear cheering and guess at what is happening inside the park and even act like they know what happened when speaking to others, but that is where dishonesty enters in.
They even go as far as refuting what someone else says who actually saw the game to protect their own self interest. They might even call into question the validity of the published box score, and so on and so on... Sound familiar? Heck, why stop there?
Why not call into question the stadium owner who requires that every person have a ticket to see the game... cause if you were the owner, you would throw open the doors for everyone. And why allow a published box score as a single source of truth... that would just embarrass people who decided they didn't want to attend the game? Let's let them make up their own details of the game... whatever suits them. Wouldn't THAT better?
Sad that most of the time the Pharisees didn't even comprehend when Jesus was speaking about them in His parables...
The apostles didn't even know what Jesus was talking about a lot of the time. I have been amused reading their questions and answers of Jesus, and thought this poor man is getting frustrated because he is speaking so much more deeply than what is on the surface of the words which the apostles would take literally, while not applying any deeply, spiritual thought to the message. The guys closest to him didn't even get it.

Would you mind pointing out where Jesus said all are evil and need a savior? I've never read where he said those things, or either don't recall. I've been reading early Christian writings for a few years now, and while I reference the Bible, I've not read it through in that time. Also, are you Catholic? I ask because the idea that all are evil implies a baby is born sinful, needing to be saved, so needs to be christened so as not to go to hell. I'm not aware of Protestant sects that believe that, but I do not know about all 40,000 different Christian faiths either, far from it; though I try to keep learning these things.

Stats on a ballgame and each individual player are contemporary, and usually verified by being kept up with by more than one or even two direct sources as the game plays out. That goes all the way down to youth athletics far as I've seen. There is NEVER only one single source for a ball game's stats, scores, etc. Now days, we also have video which can easily be correlated to the stats kept, or not. This simply isn't true of the Bible.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#48348 Aug 25, 2014
Pt. 2

That is my problem with literal belief and the idea that a book can ever be inerrant, esp when I know the Septuagint was corrupted and in turn, most of the modern bibles are also corrupted. The famous mistranslation of the Hebrew "almah," which is the feminine of "elem," as "virgin" when it simply means a "young maiden" is a good example. "Betulah" is the Hebrew word for "virgin" in biblical Hebrew as well as the modern language. I have seen where some publishers did take out those added verses at the end of Mark though, finally, but that is only one addition. What else is corrupted by man's fallibility, want to corrupt for personal reasons like King James, or just the limitations of language itself, particularly since language is a social construct, thus fallible in transliteration from one to another?

There is no universal language and will never be. So if God made that happen and didn't want people to understand each other, to be able to unite as one church, synagogue or whatever, why would it not be logical for each person to choose their own path because it's futile trying to force convert people you do not understand and who do not understand you. Only through a one language world could people ever totally agree on what any writing actually means.
Truth Matters

Anderson, IN

#48349 Sep 2, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
The apostles didn't even know what Jesus was talking about a lot of the time. I have been amused reading their questions and answers of Jesus, and thought this poor man is getting frustrated because he is speaking so much more deeply than what is on the surface of the words which the apostles would take literally, while not applying any deeply, spiritual thought to the message. The guys closest to him didn't even get it.
Would you mind pointing out where Jesus said all are evil and need a savior? I've never read where he said those things, or either don't recall. I've been reading early Christian writings for a few years now, and while I reference the Bible, I've not read it through in that time. Also, are you Catholic? I ask because the idea that all are evil implies a baby is born sinful, needing to be saved, so needs to be christened so as not to go to hell. I'm not aware of Protestant sects that believe that, but I do not know about all 40,000 different Christian faiths either, far from it; though I try to keep learning these things.
Stats on a ballgame and each individual player are contemporary, and usually verified by being kept up with by more than one or even two direct sources as the game plays out. That goes all the way down to youth athletics far as I've seen. There is NEVER only one single source for a ball game's stats, scores, etc. Now days, we also have video which can easily be correlated to the stats kept, or not. This simply isn't true of the Bible.
Not initially, yet there was a direct distinction made between them (chosen) and the religious. These 2 are in stark contrast and you may find the disciples amusing prior to them receiving the Holy Spirit, but they certainly were quite different afterwards.

Matthew 13:10-15
10 Then the disciples came and said to him,“Why do you speak to them in parables?” 11 And he answered them,“To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 12 For to the one who has, more will be given, and he will have an abundance, but from the one who has not, even what he has will be taken away. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand. 14 Indeed, in their case the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled that says:

“You will indeed hear but never understand,
and you will indeed see but never perceive.”
15 For this people’s heart has grown dull,
and with their ears they can barely hear,
and their eyes they have closed,
lest they should see with their eyes
and hear with their ears
and understand with their heart
and turn, and I would heal them.’

Luke 24:25-27, 31-32
25 And he said to them,“O foolish ones, and slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! 26 Was it not necessary that the Christ should suffer these things and enter into his glory?” 27 And beginning with Moses and all the Prophets, he interpreted to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning himself.

31 And their eyes were opened, and they recognized him. And he vanished from their sight. 32 They said to each other,“Did not our hearts burn within us while he talked to us on the road, while he opened to us the Scriptures?”

In John 8 Jesus said, "23 He said to them,“You are from below; I am from above. You are of this world; I am not of this world. 24 I told you that you would die in your sins, for unless you believe that I am he you will die in your sins.”

That sounds like a savior to me...
Truth Matters

Anderson, IN

#48350 Sep 2, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
<quoted text>
CONTINUED...

In Matthew 7, Jesus taught that men are evil even though they may do "good" things. He also contrasts that with good done by a good God.

9 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!

In Matthew 18:3-4 Jesus says,“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."

Children are born innocent and humble until the age of reason. That is when conscious choice to disobey sets in. In fact, at first they are very trusting and believe just about anything that you tell them. However, they have to be taught right and wrong because of their evil nature leads them to naturally do evil... like when hitting another child who takes a toy they want or touching something that you told them not to touch. These are not actions that are taught them, but rather what they do naturally.

The mark of a true Christian who has repented is similar to the young child... they believe and trust God in all humility, and are innocent through sacrifice of Christ and the inner regeneration by the Holy Spirit which changes them from their former self. That's why we are admonished to be innocent as doves and to become like children.

Once the truth has been verified, it is recorded. Major League baseball does not have any conflicts on who got a hit and who made out once the game is over. There isn't another source that contradicts their records. And those that attended the game do not argue with the facts. The same is true about the Bible. There were not 40,000 sects at the time of Christ. There was and is only one truth. There are a lot of religious revisionists that do not have the Holy Spirit to verify the truth and they pick and choose what they want and teach to their liking.

Jesus said, "No one has ascended into heaven, but he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man." Only He can define the way and He made it clear to those with Him, who then recorded the truth. Many can dispute that premise after the facts were recorded, but that only reveals their true intent to rule over themselves instead of humble repentance and submission to God.
Truth Matters

Anderson, IN

#48351 Sep 2, 2014
Some1 Else wrote:
Pt. 2
That is my problem with literal belief and the idea that a book can ever be inerrant, esp when I know the Septuagint was corrupted and in turn, most of the modern bibles are also corrupted. The famous mistranslation of the Hebrew "almah," which is the feminine of "elem," as "virgin" when it simply means a "young maiden" is a good example. "Betulah" is the Hebrew word for "virgin" in biblical Hebrew as well as the modern language. I have seen where some publishers did take out those added verses at the end of Mark though, finally, but that is only one addition. What else is corrupted by man's fallibility, want to corrupt for personal reasons like King James, or just the limitations of language itself, particularly since language is a social construct, thus fallible in transliteration from one to another?
There is no universal language and will never be. So if God made that happen and didn't want people to understand each other, to be able to unite as one church, synagogue or whatever, why would it not be logical for each person to choose their own path because it's futile trying to force convert people you do not understand and who do not understand you. Only through a one language world could people ever totally agree on what any writing actually means.
Why would you insinuate that it was mistranslated? If you look at it in context how does a young maiden having a baby fit the description of "a sign of the LORD your God; let it be deep as Sheol or high as heaven." Now if it was a virgin having a child, that would certainly be a worthy sign of that magnitude! The translators had it right regardless of what logic to the contrary you want to apply. They understood the prophecy in Genesis 3:15 about the offspring of the woman.

The problem is that you have have not accepted the gospel as a child would... as Jesus said you need to (in order to see the truth of it). And so, you remain unable to see. You will find many apparent discrepancies that you cannot discern the truth about because you are deceived. You fail to realize the how's and why's of your own soul's inadequacy because you don't see the truth about yourself.

And so, you would fight thousand of years of recorded truth with nothing more than your tarnished opinion... unaware of how truly ludicrous that is in the grand scheme of things. You want God to be more like you think, and not how He truly is for His reasons (of which you cannot know). It's all a matter of the heart.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#48352 Oct 25, 2014
Truth Matters wrote:
<quoted text>
CONTINUED...
In Matthew 7, Jesus taught that men are evil even though they may do "good" things. He also contrasts that with good done by a good God.
9 Or which one of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? 11 If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
In Matthew 18:3-4 Jesus says,“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
Children are born innocent and humble until the age of reason. That is when conscious choice to disobey sets in. In fact, at first they are very trusting and believe just about anything that you tell them. However, they have to be taught right and wrong because of their evil nature leads them to naturally do evil... like when hitting another child who takes a toy they want or touching something that you told them not to touch. These are not actions that are taught them, but rather what they do naturally.
The mark of a true Christian who has repented is similar to the young child... they believe and trust God in all humility, and are innocent through sacrifice of Christ and the inner regeneration by the Holy Spirit which changes them from their former self. That's why we are admonished to be innocent as doves and to become like children.
Once the truth has been verified, it is recorded. Major League baseball does not have any conflicts on who got a hit and who made out once the game is over. There isn't another source that contradicts their records. And those that attended the game do not argue with the facts. The same is true about the Bible. There were not 40,000 sects at the time of Christ. There was and is only one truth. There are a lot of religious revisionists that do not have the Holy Spirit to verify the truth and they pick and choose what they want and teach to their liking.
Jesus said, "No one has ascended into heaven, but he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man." Only He can define the way and He made it clear to those with Him, who then recorded the truth. Many can dispute that premise after the facts were recorded, but that only reveals their true intent to rule over themselves instead of humble repentance and submission to God.
Hebrew scriptures say Elijah ascended into heaven without ever tasting death. There is no way to reconcile the Hebrew scriptures with the Christian scriptures except by great leaps which change the original meaning and wording of the original Hebrew scriptures themselves.

“Free your mind”

Location hidden

#48353 Oct 25, 2014
Truth Matters wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would you insinuate that it was mistranslated? If you look at it in context how does a young maiden having a baby fit the description of "a sign of the LORD your God; let it be deep as Sheol or high as heaven." Now if it was a virgin having a child, that would certainly be a worthy sign of that magnitude! The translators had it right regardless of what logic to the contrary you want to apply. They understood the prophecy in Genesis 3:15 about the offspring of the woman.
The problem is that you have have not accepted the gospel as a child would... as Jesus said you need to (in order to see the truth of it). And so, you remain unable to see. You will find many apparent discrepancies that you cannot discern the truth about because you are deceived. You fail to realize the how's and why's of your own soul's inadequacy because you don't see the truth about yourself.
And so, you would fight thousand of years of recorded truth with nothing more than your tarnished opinion... unaware of how truly ludicrous that is in the grand scheme of things. You want God to be more like you think, and not how He truly is for His reasons (of which you cannot know). It's all a matter of the heart.
No insinuation. I simply stated a fact. Learn Hebrew and Koine Greek, compare the versions of the texts in their original languages to those of modern English, incuding KJV and you will see. "The truth will set you free." That is indeed true. You seem to be caught up on your beliefs, but you aren't wanting to look at the facts that contradict your beliefs. I understand. It isn't easy to accept that what one has been taught by others all one's life isn't necessarily how things really were.

Hebrew scriptures were not to be added to nor taken from; yet Christian scribes did both. If Christianity relies on Judaism to be true, then Christianity has to accept Judaism first. No version of the Christian texts does though. Jesus doesn't equate to Emmanuel no matter how one tries to twist it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 6 min It aint necessari... 55,915
Massage for ladies in Muscat 55 min Ziyad 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr River Tam 972,382
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 hr Steve III 649,768
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 2 hr Steve III 427
Will Atheism defeat religion by year 2038? (Feb '15) 2 hr Steve III 70
Does anybody know Doctor REALITY'S race or nati... 3 hr Johnny 39
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web