United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

Judged:

beijair is my mentor. He occupies a large space in my brain. Please check out his comments. He taught me about my delusions.
Gut Stomper

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

beijair in my head for years. The ultimate stomp!
babysan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

And how, girl!
beijair

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Welcome back.
babysan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 15, 2013

Daddy!

Since: Apr 10

Phoenix, Arizona

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Doctor REALITY wrote:
<quoted text>Just keepin' it REAL.
You never keep anything real. Shut up, ho.

Since: Mar 10

Trussville, Alabama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

I wasn't around in '07. So this is the infamous thread that still evokes a visceral reaction in a certain poster? What a weirdo.
Reality Bites

Hammonton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

Interesting wrote:
Quoting the 1st post:
""For THIS is GOOD AND ACCEPTABLE in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have ALL men ..… ALL men to be saved..." (I Tim. 2:3-4).
Christians say God WILL NOT have all men to be saved. Why? It goes against the Doctrines and Teachings of men.
"The Lord…is NOT WILLING that ANY should perish [eternally]…" (I Peter. 3:9).
Christians say God IS WILLING that some should perish. Why? Again, they follow the doctrines of men.
"This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God Who is the Saviour of ALL MEN specially [specially does not mean ‘exclusively’] of those that believe" (I Tim. 4:10).
NOTICE how god stated "worth of all acceptation". Notice he stated that in the first one too....nothing short of this is acceptable. Notice each time god stated All...not 5 percent. Notice in 1 Tim. 4:10 he says ALL MEN SPECIALLY of those that believe....he makes it clear that not only those that believe...ALL MEn.
"I, if I be lifted up from the earth, WILL draw ALL [Gk. "the" all] men unto me" (John 12:32).
Yes...again, he made it clear that he will draw ALL MEN. Christians do not accept this either. They tell us...in this thread that this is not true. They tell us that we are not all saved.
"For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified" (I Cor. 15:22)."
Unquote:
All of these are nice thoughts, but they are not automatic. They are null and void if we dont make Jesus the open door, and go through him, and put him first in our lives. We have to
REPENT and be sorry for the sins we have committed.
Poster, you are making it look like a person dont have to do anyting to go to Heaven.
We cannot be saved if we dont let him live in our hearts, and do what he commands us to do.
Sins are not automatically forgiven. You have to be born again! Unless you are born again, you cannot inherit the Kingdom of God.
And then there is what the Bible really says... because after all sinners don't want to let go of their sinful lives, correct? Sad that those that seek to avoid the real gospel of grace, repentance, belief in Jesus, and living by faith (which produces fruit), fail to perceive that most of what is in the New Testament letters are written to believers.

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. John 3:36

14 Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord. 15 See to it that no one fails to obtain the grace of God; that no “root of bitterness” springs up and causes trouble, and by it many become defiled; 16 that no one is sexually immoral or unholy like Esau, who sold his birthright for a single meal. 17 For you know that afterward, when he desired to inherit the blessing, he was rejected, for he found no chance to repent, though he sought it with tears. Hebrews 12:14-17
Reality Bites

Hammonton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Judged:

7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them,“You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Bear fruit in keeping with repentance. Matthew 3:7-8

What wrath "that is to come"? I thought all men are going to be saved? Jesus must have forgotten that ALL men are going to be saved!

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Reality Bites wrote:
7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them,“You brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Bear fruit in keeping with repentance. Matthew 3:7-8
What wrath "that is to come"? I thought all men are going to be saved? Jesus must have forgotten that ALL men are going to be saved!
The disillusions of Christianity.

This is just but one incident that so-called "Christians" take to mean soemthing else, even when it specifically compares to "all men are saved".

Just another unfounded conundrum in the religion.
Reality Bites

Hammonton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
The disillusions of Christianity.
This is just but one incident that so-called "Christians" take to mean soemthing else, even when it specifically compares to "all men are saved".
Just another unfounded conundrum in the religion.
Yup, and here's another one of these delusions us so-called Christians take to mean something else. I guess these that are weeping and gnashing their teeth are saved, too! From Luke 13...

23 And someone said to him,“Lord, will those who are saved be few?” And he said to them, 24 “Strive to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able. 25 When once the master of the house has risen and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and to knock at the door, saying,‘Lord, open to us,’ then he will answer you,‘I do not know where you come from.’ 26 Then you will begin to say,‘We ate and drank in your presence, and you taught in our streets.’ 27 But he will say,‘I tell you, I do not know where you come from. Depart from me, all you workers of evil!’ 28 In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God but you yourselves cast out.
Reality Bites

Hammonton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2013

Oh, no! More delusion from a so-called Christian! I guess I just don't understand this passage either. It SOUNDS like some men are not going to be saved, but it must just be my inferior intellect! I wish New Age Spiritual Leader would help me understand all this confusing stuff!

5 This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering— 6 since indeed God considers it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels 8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might, 10 when he comes on that day to be glorified in his saints, and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed. 2 Thes 1:5-10
Xtian hypocs

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

beijair wrote:
Christians do not want others to know this but ALL MEN WILL BE SAVED. Sorry to expose your lies, Christians. If you are going to preach the word of god…then be honest about it.
"For THIS is GOOD AND ACCEPTABLE in the sight of God our Saviour; Who will have ALL men ..… ALL men to be saved..." (I Tim. 2:3-4).
Christians say God WILL NOT have all men to be saved. Why? It goes against the Doctrines and Teachings of men.
"The Lord…is NOT WILLING that ANY should perish [eternally]…" (I Peter. 3:9).
Christians say God IS WILLING that some should perish. Why? Again, they follow the doctrines of men.
"This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God Who is the Saviour of ALL MEN specially [specially does not mean ‘exclusively’] of those that believe" (I Tim. 4:10).
NOTICE how god stated "worth of all acceptation". Notice he stated that in the first one too....nothing short of this is acceptable. Notice each time god stated All...not 5 percent. Notice in 1 Tim. 4:10 he says ALL MEN SPECIALLY of those that believe....he makes it clear that not only those that believe...ALL MEn.
"I, if I be lifted up from the earth, WILL draw ALL [Gk. "the" all] men unto me" (John 12:32).
Yes...again, he made it clear that he will draw ALL MEN. Christians do not accept this either. They tell us...in this thread that this is not true. They tell us that we are not all saved.
"For even as, in Adam, all are dying, thus also, in Christ, shall all be vivified" (I Cor. 15:22).
Christians accept the first part of this scripture but they deny the last part. One must wonder why they want so much to follow the traditions and doctrines of men when Gods word is in front of them. They deny god's word.
"And He is the propitiation for our sins, and not for our’s only, but also for THE SINS OF THE WHOLE WORLD" (I John 2:2).
Again, he makes it clear "THE WHOLE WORLD"...what is it that christians cannot understand about ALL and The Whole World. It is NOT saying 10 percent of all...is it? Of course not...that would be stupid.
So, let us see if the Christians can Prove these scriptures wrong or what i am saying about them are wrong. Let us see them explain it and then provide proof that god said...no, i didn't mean what i said.
Let us all witness the Chrisitans attempt to say this is not true and make it contradict. These scriptures go along with
"God is operating ALL in all" (I Cor. 12:6)
"Yet ALL is of God" (II Cor. 5:18)
Yes, god controls the functions of all.
Well said beijair I agree...
https://sites.google.com/site/911whatyoumight...
Reality Bites

Hammonton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

14 Therefore, beloved, since you are waiting for these, be diligent to be found by him without spot or blemish, and at peace. 15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him, 16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, WHICH THE IGNORANT AND UNSTABLE TWIST TO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION, AS THEY DO OTHER SCRIPTURES. 17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability. 2 Peter 3:14-17

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2013

Judged:

Reality Bites wrote:
Oh, no! More delusion from a so-called Christian! I guess I just don't understand this passage either. It SOUNDS like some men are not going to be saved, but it must just be my inferior intellect! I wish New Age Spiritual Leader would help me understand all this confusing stuff!
5 This is evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be considered worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you are also suffering— 6 since indeed God considers it just to repay with affliction those who afflict you, 7 and to grant relief to you who are afflicted as well as to us, when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with his mighty angels 8 in flaming fire, inflicting vengeance on those who do not know God and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus. 9 They will suffer the punishment of eternal destruction, away from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of his might, 10 when he comes on that day to be glorified in his saints, and to be marveled at among all who have believed, because our testimony to you was believed. 2 Thes 1:5-10
No man no the mind of "God". If one says they do (as with the gospels, etc), then those men are arrogant.

If one believes that these certain men were guided by the HS, then you have limited "God" and the HS to inspire just about everyone else.

Why do you limit "God" if what you say is true?

Since: Mar 11

Footscray, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

To Beijair: Thank you for teaching me so much about what is actually written in the Bible; a book I've never read, Couldn't get past the first two pages! I went to Sunday school untill my Grandfather died and the brother that took me to Sunday school couldn't forgive God. So there went the pink waffer biscuts and the best orange cordial. I was 5.
One song I remembered singing in the main church was disturbing to me. All I remember of the song is "I'm in the lords army, I'm in the Lords army. We can swoop over the enemy" As a kid I couldn't understand who the enemy was; didn't we love all. So from a very early age I was suspicious toward religion. Now as a mature adult I see I was right to be suspicious.
Reality Bites

Hammonton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
No man no the mind of "God". If one says they do (as with the gospels, etc), then those men are arrogant.
If one believes that these certain men were guided by the HS, then you have limited "God" and the HS to inspire just about everyone else.
Why do you limit "God" if what you say is true?
Apparently, taking a bit of Scripture and asking a question when the whole passage explains it, is probably not a good idea. It doesn't look too good Leader. ;)

The apostles were not arrogant for they wrote of their incomprehension prior to receiving the Holy Spirit which indwelt them. They continually stated how they didn't understand what Jesus meant until later.

Paul states the problem clearly, and it is not for God not wanting to communicate, but it is because the natural man is hostile to God, and treats that attempted communication as folly, as evidenced by the population at large who don't believe and mock God.

Receiving Jesus as Lord & Savior allows us to be reconciled with God, who then gives His Holy Spirit... which can then open the door for God's 'inspiration'.

~~~~~~~~~~
1 Corinthians 2:6-14
6 Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. 7 But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But, as it is written,

“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him”

10 THESE THINGS GOD HAS REVEALED TO US THROUGH THE SPIRIT. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. 11 FOR WHO KNOWS A PERSON'S THOUGHTS EXCEPT THE SPIRIT OF THAT PERSON, WHICH IS IN HIM? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 NOW WE HAVE RECEIVED NOT THE SPIRIT OF THE WORLD, BUT THE SPIRIT WHO IS FROM GOD, THAT WE MIGHT UNDERSTAND THE THINGS FREELY GIVEN US BY GOD. 13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.

14 THE NATURAL PERSON DOES NOT ACCEPT THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD, FOR THEY ARE FOLLY TO HIM, AND HE IS NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED. 15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. 16 “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.

~~~~~~~~~~
Reality Bites

Hammonton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2013

saidI wrote:
To Beijair: Thank you for teaching me so much about what is actually written in the Bible; a book I've never read, Couldn't get past the first two pages! I went to Sunday school untill my Grandfather died and the brother that took me to Sunday school couldn't forgive God. So there went the pink waffer biscuts and the best orange cordial. I was 5.
One song I remembered singing in the main church was disturbing to me. All I remember of the song is "I'm in the lords army, I'm in the Lords army. We can swoop over the enemy" As a kid I couldn't understand who the enemy was; didn't we love all. So from a very early age I was suspicious toward religion. Now as a mature adult I see I was right to be suspicious.
You SHOULD read it and you would see how much beijair has twisted what is clearly written all over.

Forget religion and seek God with ALL your heart and He will be found by you. Until then, don't knock what you don't know. It won't help you be open and honest.

Usually, when someone isn't honest with God's word, it is because they want to hang on to sin in their lives. They know that sin is incompatible with God and they know that God requires repentance, so they look to circumvent what is clearly stated in the Bible.

Beijair (who is actually Jerry Slunder) had a problem with sin. He divorced his wife over a teenager he met in Beijing during his business travel (thus his Topix name which is short for Beijing Jerry).

He didn't want to face up to his adultery, but rather wanted to justify himself by believing that everyone goes to heaven, even as he remained an unrepentant sinner.

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Reality Bites wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, taking a bit of Scripture and asking a question when the whole passage explains it, is probably not a good idea. It doesn't look too good Leader. ;)
The apostles were not arrogant for they wrote of their incomprehension prior to receiving the Holy Spirit which indwelt them. They continually stated how they didn't understand what Jesus meant until later.
Paul states the problem clearly, and it is not for God not wanting to communicate, but it is because the natural man is hostile to God, and treats that attempted communication as folly, as evidenced by the population at large who don't believe and mock God.
Receiving Jesus as Lord & Savior allows us to be reconciled with God, who then gives His Holy Spirit... which can then open the door for God's 'inspiration'.
~~~~~~~~~~
1 Corinthians 2:6-14
6 Yet among the mature we do impart wisdom, although it is not a wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are doomed to pass away. 7 But we impart a secret and hidden wisdom of God, which God decreed before the ages for our glory. 8 None of the rulers of this age understood this, for if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory. 9 But, as it is written,
“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him”
10 THESE THINGS GOD HAS REVEALED TO US THROUGH THE SPIRIT. For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. 11 FOR WHO KNOWS A PERSON'S THOUGHTS EXCEPT THE SPIRIT OF THAT PERSON, WHICH IS IN HIM? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 12 NOW WE HAVE RECEIVED NOT THE SPIRIT OF THE WORLD, BUT THE SPIRIT WHO IS FROM GOD, THAT WE MIGHT UNDERSTAND THE THINGS FREELY GIVEN US BY GOD. 13 And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom but taught by the Spirit, interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual.
14 THE NATURAL PERSON DOES NOT ACCEPT THE THINGS OF THE SPIRIT OF GOD, FOR THEY ARE FOLLY TO HIM, AND HE IS NOT ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THEM BECAUSE THEY ARE SPIRITUALLY DISCERNED. 15 The spiritual person judges all things, but is himself to be judged by no one. 16 “For who has understood the mind of the Lord so as to instruct him?” But we have the mind of Christ.
~~~~~~~~~~
Apparently, take the interpretation set by other men is what you prefer over Jesus.

(3) Jesus says:

(1) "If those who lead you say to you:‘Look, the kingdom is in the sky!’
then the birds of the sky will precede you.
(2) If they say to you:‘It is in the sea,’ then the fishes will precede you.
(3) Rather, the kingdom is inside of you, and outside of you."
(4) "When you come to know yourselves, then you will be known,
and you will realize that you are the children of the living Father.
(5) But if you do not come to know yourselves, then you exist in poverty, and you are poverty."

http://www.gnosis.org/naghamm/gth_pat_rob.htm

Why do you think "Paul" was more enlightened than Jesus, if you continuously use texts by "Paul" instead of Jesus, yet exclaim Jesus is your savior.

Please state a teaching by Jesus that clarifies what you have said.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 45,761 - 45,780 of45,850
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

595 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min Just Sayin 532,342
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 9 min thewordofme 720,012
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min passing by 256,371
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 23 min Stilgar Fifrawi 172,215
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 25 min Buck Crick 224,012
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 29 min True Heroes 114,955
Tony Dungy was right 1 hr dirty white boy- 19
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 1 hr Perera 4,474
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••