Christian Lies Exposed

“What the Bleep? ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#35530 Apr 23, 2008
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>
I wish people will do some research before jumpimng into religion.Of course it is difficult when it is shoved at you since childhood.
I know. That kind of brainwashing is impossible to avoid.
Vote Repulican

Austin, TX

#35531 Apr 23, 2008
WOW!!!! All you little Chicken Little's are STILL whining?? Amazing lives you lead. hahaha

Look, you live in a Christian Nation. Deal with it. Here's what is going to happen:

McCain wins presidency. Republicans WIN.

Clinton wins presidency. Republicans WIN,(Bill did more for the Republican party than most Republican presidents, his wife will do the same).

And we all hope this doesn't happen:

Obama wins presidency. And here's why: Clinton will be his vice-president,(as that is the ONLY way the dems have a chance to win), and as Clinton's are known to do, knock off Obama. And then, Republicans WIN!

So avoid the inevitable and Vote Republican.

Christians always WIN. That's why you Chicken Little's will never have any power.

Keep peckin' away at your keyboards, chicken little's. hahaha!

Vote Republican, Christians WIN, AGAIN!!!

“"God Operates ALL in ALL"”

Since: Jan 07

LA

#35532 Apr 23, 2008
Chicago Poet 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Beijar,
My feeling about your point about if something happened long ago is it still relevant is that if we learn from what happened and people are ready to move on, I think it no longer matters.
As to the Cathilic Church not supporting condoms in Africa I agree with you, their stance is wrong.
I disagree strongly with you calling them ignorant. When you see a Masai youth armed only with a spear walk through a pride of lions and the lions scatter, brilliance comes to my mind. When you see this same pride of hungry lions crouched in the grass as he walks his cattle through and they are afraid to attack, you see the strength and courage of anything but ignorance.
when i state ignorant, my intention is related to religion and magical creatures. we are all ignorant with respect to various things. I will admit i am ignorant about many things and have no problem with it. the church takes advantage of that ignorance and it is wrong.

i find many things about religion and wrong, sick and vile. one needs only read the bible to see these things jump out at them. one needs only look at history to see the horror. we need to look at history and apply those lessons to our world today. we have a president that believes god talked to him and they had agreement on war. the man is a nut. and yet those statements only bring some kinds of people closer to him and wanting to support him, only because he supports their views of religion. regardless of the killing and torture that is taking place. i call that ignorance as well.

peace and thanks for the comment, i do agree we need to learn from history and we need to forgive but we should never forget.

Since: Apr 08

Dearborn,MI

#35535 Apr 23, 2008
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Mav, I want to tell you a little story about a visit I had with a Rabbi once. I went looking for help on a scripture. We talked all afternoon---mostly about everything but that one scripture which was explained quickly.
What I found out about the Jewish scholars impressed me to the degree that I knew I could never learn enough this late in life to ever understand completely even a portion of their knowledge.
I didn't know that there are Jewish scholars who still to this very day spend an ENTIRE LIFETIME studying one book of the Torah. I didn't know there was so much involved in the Hebrew language other than letters written on a page.
Mav, the whole point of this sharing is this--if men who are 70 are still studying ONE BOOK of the Torah, and say earnestly that they have not learned everything it holds, I would think that one as young as you--or as ignorant of Hebrew as me---would have a long way to go. I know I ask questions that sometimes blur the lines between Judaism and Christianity and you don't really understand them. You sometimes write things that just leave me out there wondering what the heck you're talking about.
We neither one know enough at this point to call ourselves experts. Yours is because of youth--a beautiful thing---and mine is lack of knowledge of a language and how it is used.
Stating what you believe and sticking to it is good. But maybe it is not so good for us to feel we have all the knowledge on a subject when we are speaking with others.
Just an idea.
Now that is a fact!! Regardless of how much we do study and seek interpretations, ours will always be an imperfect understanding.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#35536 Apr 23, 2008
Chicago Poet 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree and I hope you'll allow me to say you have a real jewel in the mate who you've chosen. So let's do it then. let's set an example where Christian and Non-Christian can exchange views while still remaining respectful of each other's beliefs. I know how it must be to have a Christian tell you you're going to He#l. Maybe I can help by saying to the person that they're not respectng your rights.
Agreed. First, I'll start by being positive. I believe in many of the philosophies in scripture. Of the Ten Commandments, I believe that the last six should be part of a standard of human conduct:

Respect your father and your mother...

You do not murder...

You do not commit adultery...

You do not steal...

You do not bear false witness...

You do not covet...

I have also found following the dietary laws in Leviticus chapter 11 useful. As a family, we still follow these laws, and have for over 5 years.

If you can believe this, no one in this family has had influenza for nearly four years! I was doing some research and found there is a definite link between flu and pork consumption.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#35537 Apr 23, 2008
Chicago Poet 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians only win Republican, when we treat others with the respect they deserve. There are more Christians than any other faith in the US, but we are not an official Christian nation. These statements you make do more harm than good.
Agreed. I have learned to ignore this guy. He has been up here before, and he just causes confusion and hostility.

Dearborn,MI

#35538 Apr 23, 2008
Xcntrik InVidor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the clarification, and for your gracious apology. It is greatly appreciated.
BTW, there are no original documents, which you know because you corrected yourself in the next phrase.
There is no way to get back to what the original texts actually say, you can, at best, only 'believe' that they are legitimate. Even the earliest known texts reflect the tradition of the authors, and not any actual evidence of the events of the life and death of Jesus.
In all actuality, there is very little that we can truly know about Jesus of Nazareth, the entirety of what we know is derived from mythology, folklore and tradition that came about after his death.
The general consensus is that none of the Gospels are actually eye-witness accounts, but were passed along by oral tradition until GoMark was written, although some do believe that there is some evidence of textual tradition in GoMark's writings, then that GoMatthew and GoLuke copied from GoMark and that GoJohn copied from the synoptics. And then there's Q.
Here's an excellent and thorough website if that kinda stuff interests you.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...
The biographies of the participating scholars are here:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows...
My own searching has led me to sites with differing conclusions. Also, I am not certain that no originals still exist. Indeed, they may be unusable now, tattered and rotted, that is why extant copies are used. As to all of that, it is a matter of who you believe. I try to avoid obviously "pro-Christian" sources for that reason, biases always reflect in answers. That does make a realistic search difficult. Oh, to get to spend a week in the Vatican archives! I personally feel the biggest problem with scripture today is the numerous translations and retranslations, they lose their true meaning, and take on the flavor of the particular sect involved. I will easily concede that most Christianity is nothing like Christ himself would have wanted.

Dearborn,MI

#35539 Apr 23, 2008
Cherokee wrote:
http://www.sacredsites.com/africa/mali/dogon....
Xcntric, this one has some good info about a deity of this tribe called Dogon from Africa. They too had this being that was crucified. Kind of makes you wonder. All of the religions have similar situations. Did they copy previous ones?
The Dogon are very interesting, their astronomical knowledge is intriguing. My take on the common myth, not supported by any research mind you, nor scripture...is that just as man had a common beginning, we were all impressed by God with certain ideas, call it prophesy if you prefer. The common myth is not a myth, but a presaged event that all awaited, even fulfilled in their lore. Obviously, as a Christian, I feel that Jesus fulfilled these various myths. You don't have to hold back the laughter, it's ok.

“In the rustling of the leaves”

Washington, D.C.

#35540 Apr 23, 2008
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Convinced by the facts, of course. What are you convinced of, and by what?
The power of truth. Verification.

(It was almost fun messing with you!)

“In the rustling of the leaves”

Washington, D.C.

#35541 Apr 23, 2008
You have to see this!
Live elephants painting (video) and gallery.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/e...

“Its all in the mind..or is it?”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#35542 Apr 23, 2008
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
I know. That kind of brainwashing is impossible to avoid.
indeed

Location hidden

#35543 Apr 23, 2008
Reverend G wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dogon are very interesting, their astronomical knowledge is intriguing. My take on the common myth, not supported by any research mind you, nor scripture...is that just as man had a common beginning, we were all impressed by God with certain ideas, call it prophesy if you prefer. The common myth is not a myth, but a presaged event that all awaited, even fulfilled in their lore. Obviously, as a Christian, I feel that Jesus fulfilled these various myths. You don't have to hold back the laughter, it's ok.
am not laughing

Location hidden

#35544 Apr 23, 2008
Anti-Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. First, I'll start by being positive. I believe in many of the philosophies in scripture. Of the Ten Commandments, I believe that the last six should be part of a standard of human conduct:
Respect your father and your mother...
You do not murder...
You do not commit adultery...
You do not steal...
You do not bear false witness...
You do not covet...
I have also found following the dietary laws in Leviticus chapter 11 useful. As a family, we still follow these laws, and have for over 5 years.
If you can believe this, no one in this family has had influenza for nearly four years! I was doing some research and found there is a definite link between flu and pork consumption.
Mr. Moya a doctor from Venezuela told me pork has a virus that settles in the brain, it causes problems there. Main stream medicine doesn't mention this virus.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#35545 Apr 23, 2008
Chicago Poet 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Christians only win Republican, when we treat others with the respect they deserve. There are more Christians than any other faith in the US, but we are not an official Christian nation. These statements you make do more harm than good.
Did you read my mind or sumpin?

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#35546 Apr 23, 2008
Reverend G wrote:
<quoted text>
In the metaphysical realm, your idea is called Universal Soul. Of course, that doesn't follow any religion, but is more a phylosophy.

“"God Operates ALL in ALL"”

Since: Jan 07

LA

#35547 Apr 23, 2008
Chicago Poet 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
You also have a person who is not a Christian, on this site who has said in many forums that he died and went into the afterlife where he was spoken to by demons.
Christians have in the past done some horendous things, that's true. Those were times when these things happened on a regular basis by all people whether Christian or not. Atheists have also contributed their fair share to the death toll. No People, no religion or government is without the stench of death on it's hands.
President Bush has never said that God talked to him as in having a conversation. When he says God spoke to him it's completely different from what you're implying. When a Christian says God spoke to him it means the person was moved by prayer to do some type of good deed.
And again, you have a person who posts regularly on your site and other Christian threads who says he died, passed into the afterlife and heard demons speak. I notice you don't call him insane. Could it be it's because he shares your views about Christians?
I don't have anyone that claims to have went into an after life. I do not have a belief and i do not follow a belief. if some nut wants to claim he flew around into an after life and saw demons and other silly things, then he hasn't any knowledge of how the mind works when it is deprived of oxygen. science and the medical field can recreate all these little visions people have.

George Bush did state the he spoke with God and he didn't tell us how he spoke with god or how god spoke to him. maybe god was another burning bush in the white house that told bush to go kill muslims. if you haven't caught the recent news, it appears the white house was using the media to snow the people into voting for war. i happened to have known this and blogged about it from the beginning. the man is a liar, a loser and the largest failure our nation has ever produced as a leader. a joke.
he, and anyone else that thinks they speak to god and god speaks back, is a nut. but, if you would like to prove me wrong, then go ahead, produce your god or your demons or whatever it is you think is real and we can have a debate on it. otherwise, the claim doens't hold water and shouldn't.

Christians have done many terrible things and many NONE christians have as well. the difference between the two groups is that the Christian claim to be following some moral path. the moral path and person they follow is someone that happens to have murdered most all life on earth in a torturous flood that killed babies and even caused the abortion of babies from the mother's womb....this is NOT moral. that same person christians follow and give glory and praise to promises to kill billions of his "children" with fire, for eternity. this is NOT moral...it is sick. anyone that can call someone else moral for doing such things, is sick. they need treatment.

god is the cause of EVERYTHING, according to the bible. "yet all is of god" ..."EVERYTHING is of him" "i created evil" ..."i create the wicked for the evil day" he created the destroyer and the waster and it is all from scripture. if people want to worship such a "being" then fine,....i prefer peace and love....not mythical wars and torture and spite and intolerance.

again, i do not have anyone here. i have me here on this site. if you want to think i belong to some group then go ahead. i act alone, i am accountable to myself and if some nut wan't to think they fly around with demons....they are nuts. if they want to admit that it is more likely their brain or other functions were not operating correctly and caused them to experience thing they didn't understand, then they would be more reasonable.

peace

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#35549 Apr 23, 2008
Janeebananee wrote:
You have to see this!
Live elephants painting (video) and gallery.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/scotland/e...
Thanks. That's neat.

Dearborn,MI

#35550 Apr 23, 2008
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>Mr. Moya a doctor from Venezuela told me pork has a virus that settles in the brain, it causes problems there. Main stream medicine doesn't mention this virus.
Quite a few of the dietary and purity laws showed amazing insight into things like viruses, germs, disease transmission, things well beyond the knowledge of their time.

“What the Bleep? ”

Location hidden

#35551 Apr 23, 2008
Cherokee wrote:
<quoted text>Mr. Moya a doctor from Venezuela told me pork has a virus that settles in the brain, it causes problems there. Main stream medicine doesn't mention this virus.
I believe this information is being suppressed by the pork industry.
Maverick

Houston, TX

#35552 Apr 23, 2008
beijair wrote:
<quoted text>you need only one scripture to show you that "EVERY Tongue WILL confess that jesus christ is lord" so you see, all will be saved and that scripture proves that they will do as you listed in the other scriptures. Do you think when man is standing before the most all powerful being that they would actually deny him...all that power and glory and clearly they will bow and confess he is lord, just like the bible stated.
would you like to try again?
You should know that simply confessing something with one's mouth is not the same thing as believing in one's heart. They must be together in order for one to receive salvation.

You were/are a christian.... remember?

Romans 10: 8-10

But what does it say?“THE WORD IS NEAR YOU, IN YOUR MOUTH AND IN YOUR HEART”—that is, the word of faith which we are preaching,

9 that if you confess with your MOUTH Yeshua as Lord, and believe in your HEART that G-d raised Him from the dead, you will be saved;

10 for with the HEART a person believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the MOUTH he confesses, resulting in salvation.

YHVH judges your heart.

==========

Try again, "Beljair".

Confession alone does not lead to salvation...... confession must coincide with the heart that believes..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Steve III 646,682
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 29 min Insults Are Easier 48,845
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 31 min nanoanomaly 971,712
opinions needed 34 min mannersmom 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 53 min WasteWater 2,072
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 281,267
How to solve racism (and sexism) once and for all 1 hr A human being 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Just Think 105,632
More from around the web