What do blacks think of asians? What do asians think about blacks?

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 84 Comments Last updated May 6, 2014
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Jan 08

San Jose, CA

#1 Jan 19, 2008
I really liked the honesty in this topic I saw
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TSP473H...
"Black men/Asian women... have in common" was the subject. But the stuff was really towards race in a gender & looks slant.

Some things that come to mind are:
The article written by a columnist entitled, "why I hate blacks"
The korean and black issue during the LA riots
Just looking at the subjects gets my blood pressure high.

What unites asians and blacks? Do we have anything in common? What divides us? What are the stereotypes, perceptions, and incidents that exists that really affect our thoughts about each other as blacks and asians.

I really hope someone will post some concrete real candid opinions experiences on the subject.
Hornswaggle

United States

#2 Jan 19, 2008
I have found that the Asians are most humble and friendly and hard working people, also honest. I have not found that to be true about black people. Sorry.
Gambit

Warwick, NY

#3 Aug 28, 2008
Hornswaggle wrote:
I have found that the Asians are most humble and friendly and hard working people, also honest. I have not found that to be true about black people. Sorry.
I disagree. There are plenty of Black people who are all those things. Its unfortunate that the whole race is judged on the actions of a few. And for the record, asians tend to try to hustle people all the time. And they look down on a lot of other people too.
Midi

Laredo, TX

#4 Mar 6, 2010
I think Asians, from the ones I met, are cool and fun to hang around. What I don't like is how everyone thinks Blackpeople are stupid and rude. How the women are bitchy and the men are all in jail. I'm black and my family is nice, friendly,and at work very professional. We don't live in "Ghetto" houses our have a bunch of little kids running around.
All the adults have finished college and are going back for more degrees. They are hardworks and hardly ever complain about there jobs. And me personally will probably be one of the " whitest" black people you ever meet too. I mean I don't like rap or wear skimpy clothing. Not all of us are like that, I wish we would st being labeled as such.
chris

Palo Alto, CA

#5 May 6, 2010
I'm asian, and personally think african americans are perfectly fine people. We may disagree on many issues, but when it comes down to the personal level, afro-americans and asian americans can be and often are very good friends. I am proud to call myself a friend to both groups.
Luke

Yorktown, VA

#6 Jun 22, 2010
Midi wrote:
I think Asians, from the ones I met, are cool and fun to hang around. What I don't like is how everyone thinks Blackpeople are stupid and rude. How the women are bitchy and the men are all in jail. I'm black and my family is nice, friendly,and at work very professional. We don't live in "Ghetto" houses our have a bunch of little kids running around.
All the adults have finished college and are going back for more degrees. They are hardworks and hardly ever complain about there jobs. And me personally will probably be one of the " whitest" black people you ever meet too. I mean I don't like rap or wear skimpy clothing. Not all of us are like that, I wish we would st being labeled as such.
You have horrible grammar. Do you even proof read what you write? Maybe you should talk to Mom or Dad, they can teach you proper sentence structure and grammar. Not to mention spelling. Parts of your post was unreadable.
I point this out for 2 reasons:
1. I like proper grammar.
2. You are trying to point out that you have a smart forward thinking educated family, but you write like a preschooler. This kills your point.
Other than that, I agree that its horrible how our culture is stereotyped. But I have to admit, the trends in our culture especially in urban areas are self perpetuating. Fatherless children become just like their fathers. Numbers do not lie and we as a people need to do something about it. Like you, I grew up in a privileged house and as you would say act "white." I am not attracted to black women who wear hair extensions and are obnoxiously loud. I believe in respect and decency. That has made it difficult for me. Many black people my age see me as a sellout and throw insults at me for nothing more than wanting to go to college. It sucks.
anonymous

Las Vegas, NV

#7 Jun 29, 2010
can't we all just get along???:)
Just My Opinion

Carmel Valley, CA

#8 Jul 7, 2010
Well, being black, of course it's quite difficult to overcome so many stereotypes associated with our race. I'm not 'ghetto' and I'm constantly being called 'white' for the fact that I actually enjoy picking up a book and reading once in a while. Or, even something as trivial as doing my homework. Or correcting someone on their poor, questionable grammar skills.
Personally, I believe asian people are fine. They do have a tendency to think highly of themselves, and although many men run around saying they're 'amazingly hot,' some of the women have horrible attitudes. The men are usually just as bad, and put up this facade of perfection that's often hard to deal with on the outside looking in.
Of course, this is just from my limited experiences, as I'm still in highschool and growing up. So, this is really just dealing with the people I've come across.
chrissy

Leesburg, VA

#9 Aug 12, 2010
like for real, i like all races. i mean asians are awsome and blacks are just fun and i love them both. people have their oppinions. its okay to have them but dont say anything that would offend the other race. why can't we be friends people??:/
Proving You Wrong

Jersey City, NJ

#10 Aug 30, 2010
I'm black and from the "ghetto." I've never sold drugs, been arrested, have a bunch of baby mamas or joined a gang. This perception of either being some sort of gangster black lunatic or uptight not-from-the-ghetto black person is pure idiocy.

My parents migrated from the south to the north, got jobs, got married, and had children. Although I wasn't raised in the most upscale of neighborhoods, I grew up to have a successful career where I use my mind.

All this to say, there are no absolute rules for being black as there are no absolute rules for being white, asian, latino, etc.

Most people who think that way don't get out enough. They stay stuck in their own cramped world of people who think just like them and believe everything they see on television.
Blasian

United States

#11 Sep 7, 2010
Why must you find the negative in everything!?!
Luke wrote:
<quoted text>
You have horrible grammar. Do you even proof read what you write? Maybe you should talk to Mom or Dad, they can teach you proper sentence structure and grammar. Not to mention spelling. Parts of your post was unreadable.
2. You are trying to point out that you have a smart forward thinking educated family, but you write like a preschooler. This kills your point.
Other than that, I agree that its horrible how our culture is stereotyped. But I have to admit, the trends in our culture especially in urban areas are self perpetuating. Fatherless children become just like their fathers. Numbers do not lie and we as a people need to do something about it. Like you, I grew up in a privileged house and as you would say act "white." I am not attracted to black women who wear hair extensions and are obnoxiously loud. I believe in respect and decency. That has made it difficult for me. Many black people my age see me as a sellout and throw insults at me for nothing more than wanting to go to college. It sucks.
Carl from backpage

San Carlos, CA

#12 Sep 7, 2010
I dont blacks think to much of them as far as caring about what they do and dont do. More of a live and let live thing. Now from some Asian standpoints they think all blacks are 100% exactly like the ones they see on tv...and movies like boy z n da hood and on mtv.

They look right pass the ones that sit in college classes with them and pursue hiring learning, and live by the stereotype. I being a black man used to stereotype them and think all they did was eat rice and do karate, i later found the karate part wasn't true. I also learned from sites like different Asian women that alot of there business and success is founded by way of the sex trade, massage parlors etc.
ghost face

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Dec 16, 2010
There's really no reason to be racist you should jugde people base on stereotypes you should jugde them by their actions what they would do for you and how they treat you not because of the race stereotype!
ghost face

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Dec 16, 2010
and if u cant understand what i said figire it out
Cookies

United States

#15 Dec 29, 2010
What the heck kinda question is that? ALL people get along, wether your african american, white, Asian, Hispanic. Back to the question, of course they do. My best friend is Asian and I'm African American and we get along just fine, I knew her since 6th grade and now we are in high school and still going strong!!!!:D

“Discovering Myself”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#16 Dec 30, 2010
Well, I have been known to have an obsession with K-pop and the Korean culture. The asian's I have met in school are just like any normal teenager, we don't see race, we see eachother as people. I get along with them all. Now as far as the asians I have met out side of school, they are always polite, never rude and always willing to help. There have been times where I have been followed in stores because they assume I will steal something and that does come across as very ignornat in my opinion. Over all I get along with any asian I met and I think they are very classy, polite and intelligent people.
Royal Thomas Richardson

Philadelphia, PA

#17 Jan 21, 2011
Luke wrote:
<quoted text>
You make no sense what you said. you are talking about somebody grammar and you leave your whole reason with "that sucks"? and you had no point in the topic of asians and blacks. Understand the title before you insult somebody, plus you insult somebody because they don't speak like you is "obnoxious".
AnonymousGirl

Singapore, Singapore

#18 Apr 24, 2011
I'm asian. Funny thing is.. tall, dark and handsome seems to be the ideal description for the ideal guy.(Literacy speaking)

I like tall, dark and handsome, and although I have no specific exclusive preference, I do lean towards the dark and handsome side...

I don't see race as an issue, even though I unknowingly categorize. Just to point out, the first guy I ever had a crush on, was black. I was 9. I was a kid yes, but still!

Anyways, I guess most people in these forums have pointed out that its the relationship between two that's important, and I honestly agree.

Just wish there were more black or 'tall, dark and handsome' guys I know who actually dig asian girls and dont mind a little less height and a little more meat...
Kailuv

United States

#19 Jun 14, 2011
I'm Black and my fiancée is Asian from the Philippines. I have many different Asian friends from Pakistan, India, Cambodia, China, Vietnam, and Laos. My two best friends I met in middle school, one from Laos and the other from Pakistan. My friends embraced my culture and heritage as a young black female and I did the same for them. When I first met their parents, they did not have a good impression on African Americans. After being around them repeatedly, their family grew to know and understand that me and my family are good people. Since then, their families see my family and I as relatives and would do anything for us and vice versa. I have really taken a liking to their customs and culture as they have the history of African American culture. I'm not saying every friendship or relationship concerning Blacks and Asians do not contain racism or ignorance, because I have experienced a lot first hand. I have learned that those who discriminate are small minded individuals who do not want to embrace others out of fear of rejection or not knowing what is to come. So yes, Asians and Blacks do get along very well, as do other cultures such as Latino, European, and Pacific Islander people. Every group has their bad apples, I just wish Blacks would stop being put in a bad light based on the acts of those who are asinine. I also would like to add that Asian men are fond of Black women and vice versa. Not all, but many Asian men have made it known to be that if I were single, I'd be taken up with them. To anonymousgirl: there are PLENTY of Black men who love Asian women!!
Nadene

Scarborough, Canada

#20 Jul 30, 2011
chrissy wrote:
like for real, i like all races. i mean asians are awsome and blacks are just fun and i love them both. people have their oppinions. its okay to have them but dont say anything that would offend the other race. why can't we be friends people??:/
I know right? i like blacks and asians :) idk why there are stereotypes about cultures even though EVERYONE knows that everyone is different!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 11 min bottom1980 734
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min seriously the ori... 538,798
Albright Blasts Bush Mideast Response, Cites Ir... (Jul '06) 15 min Swedenforever 45
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 20 min Buck Crick 732,779
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 26 min Flower-Child 53,189
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 29 min Thinking 226,284
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 43 min Tuco Blondie 117,957
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 43 min Porkpie Hat 257,859
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 599,839
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••