Topix Moderator: Can You Remove A Com...

Topix Moderator: Can You Remove A Comment

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

Lite60

United States

#1 Mar 17, 2009
I posted personal information on a news thread under an unregistered profile. I apparently that is violating a family privacy and I'm begging for it to be removed. Please moderator if you hear this please respond and I'll give info on what name I used and where the thread is. Please, I'm fearing for my life and my mothers right this minute.

“Text OR drive...can't do both!”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#3 Mar 17, 2009
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Send us your feedback." You'll find instructions on how to ask to have your post deleted.
Janet Helstrom

Neenah, WI

#5 Mar 17, 2009
Lite60 wrote:
I posted personal information on a news thread under an unregistered profile. I apparently that is violating a family privacy and I'm begging for it to be removed. Please moderator if you hear this please respond and I'll give info on what name I used and where the thread is. Please, I'm fearing for my life and my mothers right this minute.
Hello Lite60 I hope you have better luck having something removed than my friend. It was on for about 2 months until they finally got new stories. Plus we flagged it everyday and no luck. If I were you hit the request button for emergency removal it will cost you 19.99 but may be well worth it. I want to wish you luck. Take care now! Janet

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#6 Mar 17, 2009
Lite60 wrote:
The moderators don't actually review the site, it has some 360,000 forums and receives some 100,000+ posts a day, so no one is going to see your plea here. At the bottom of the comment box, and at the bottom of every forum is a link that says: send us your feedback. You're going to need to provide them with the link to the post you want removed (directions to it are unlikely to help), you can get that by going to the post you want removed and left clicking on the post# and copying the link. If it's really important to you that this be removed ASAP, spring for the $19.99 priority review (it's an option on the feedback link), that should guarantee its removal tonight. Use the feedback link to tell them why you want the post removed, rather than the report to moderator link on the post itself, because unless what you posted violates terms of service, it may not disappear even after paying the $19.99 option on that link... IF you don't pay for the priority review, there is a chance that it may not disappear until sometime tomorrow, even if you tell them why it needs to be removed....
Fish

Hackettstown, NJ

#7 Mar 17, 2009
Moncie wrote:
Scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Send us your feedback." You'll find instructions on how to ask to have your post deleted.
Exactly right. I asked Topix to delete a post today when a poster was advocating and attempting to incite violence against those that didn't agree with him. The post was gone within half an hour. I did not use priority review, but be advised that this was during the day.

Priority Review is an option. It'll set you back $19.99 but is worth it in your case. I do know someone that used it once because they registered their complaint at night. In that particular case, the post in question was purged early in the morning the next day.

Hope this and the other posts here are helpful. Best of luck to you.
Fish

Hackettstown, NJ

#8 Mar 17, 2009
Hey everyone, I sent Topix an e-mail to draw their attention to Lite60's post here, just in case Lite60 doesn't know to check here for our responses.
Lite60

United States

#9 Mar 17, 2009
Thank you so much everyone! You've all been a big help. I just used Priority Review and I hope it works. I actually used it and I hope they will be all gone by morning.

Location hidden

#10 Mar 18, 2009
Fish wrote:
Hey everyone, I sent Topix an e-mail to draw their attention to Lite60's post here, just in case Lite60 doesn't know to check here for our responses.
You're a sweetheart...and *way* more on top of things than I am. It never occurred to me to e-mail Topix.

“You can't cure stupid.”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#11 Mar 18, 2009
Moncie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a sweetheart...and *way* more on top of things than I am. It never occurred to me to e-mail Topix.
Damn woman you are up early. LOL

Location hidden

#12 Mar 18, 2009
Wills Wife wrote:
<quoted text>Damn woman you are up early. LOL
End of fiscal year at work at the end of this month. Should have been out last night drinking green beer, but instead I worked from 8:30 to 10:30. Yuck. Got 5 whole hours of sleep.

It's a good thing I get OT now. All this extra time is gonna pay for new wheels and tires for my car.=)

Have a good day!
Fish

Hackettstown, NJ

#13 Mar 18, 2009
Lite60 wrote:
Thank you so much everyone! You've all been a big help. I just used Priority Review and I hope it works. I actually used it and I hope they will be all gone by morning.
Will you give us an update?
Fish

Hackettstown, NJ

#14 Mar 18, 2009
Moncie wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a sweetheart...and *way* more on top of things than I am.
I like to be on the bottom sometimes as well.
jamie genito big dirty gr

Gloversville, NY

#16 Nov 11, 2010
remove this post on her or she's gonna contact a lawyer about this website. NOW!!!!!

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17 Mar 30, 2012
Wondered if anyone could help me. I got a "warning thingy" from topix about being unkind (I forget the word they used) and that if I didn't stop I'd be banned. Okay, I'm not saying I'm innocent, but I fought ONLY when attacked. How do I get my side of the story to the moderator(s)?

I know what the problem is. No. 1, I am black and have actually had racial insults hurled at me a few times - and this is from a RELIGION forum I'm speaking of; plus, although I'm 100% straight, I support gay rights and I think homophobia is wrong and ignorant and downright evil. Of course every time I've expressed my views I get verbally beat up because there are so many vocal gaybashers on that "religious" forum. I will not lie about my honest feelings.

Anyway, Topix knows only that it was ME who wwas complained about. How can I give them my side of the story and also tell them how many times I've been attacked and called names? By the way, I'm pretty sure I know who did this. I intend to turn this peerso

Also, if a person gets banned from Topix, is it that one particular forum or all of Topix? And can a person ever get back in? Thank you in advance :)

“The Black Mermaid”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#18 Mar 30, 2012
typo - I'm half asleep here:) meant to say I intend to turn this person in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 43 min Spider1954 3,034
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr leonknott 45,615
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 1 hr Y the double stan... 147
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Thinking 282,987
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Internet Reality 618,849
Donald Chump: "Not paying federal taxes makes m... 1 hr Internet Reality 4
rajkot to chotila gey sex (Nov '15) 2 hr samir 33
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Marge 658,723
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 hr Joe Fortuna 70,894
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 hr nanoanomaly 974,735
More from around the web