*** Corruption of the Bible ***
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#47 Sep 9, 2012
Timesten wrote:
<quoted text>
The whole bible isn't corrupt. There are many truths in it. But the Jewish Pharisees,(Rabbis) and scribes, wrote lies around those truths
Jeremiah 8:8
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
How do you say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly he made it falsely; the pen of the scribes made it a lie.
New International Version
"'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?
New Living Translation
"'How can you say, "We are wise because we have the word of the LORD," when your teachers have twisted it by writing lies?
English Standard Version
“How can you say,‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.
New American Standard Bible
"How can you say,'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it into a lie.
Jesus came down on them hard for teaching the commandments of men and putting Gods laws aside.(Torah vs the Talmud)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =b6xGXXYIMOIXX
So it becomes a process of "cherry picking" discarding the immoral and cozying up to the "truths" as you call them. One would ask why, if this is called the "good book" we have to resort to this "cherry picking?" I imagine this is what is done to young children during sunday school, or the horrors of horrors, summer bible school. Do you really think the discuss forceable rape, slavery, blood sacrifice and massacre, with these children?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#48 Sep 9, 2012
The GL00P wrote:
<quoted text>
Gloop??
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#49 Sep 9, 2012
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you so much.:)
i am not a religious person too. but i do believe God really exists.
1. when i pray, my problem is usually solved.
2. i really experienced a miracle. i really saw it.
So when you pray our problems are usually solved, I wonder why that didn't work for millions of hard p[raying jews during the holocaust? Any ideas on that? Thousands of parents are right now praying for their children who are suffering and dying horrible deaths from starvation. There prays don't seem to be working as well as yours. Any thoughts on that? Maybe you are just so special in Gods eyes that he grants to you what he denied to millions of jews and thousands of dying children. Now doesn't that make you feel really special?

Only an idiot would perceive a dry spot on the ground as a miracle. Would that be you per chance?
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#50 Sep 9, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So when you pray our problems are usually solved, I wonder why that didn't work for millions of hard p[raying jews during the holocaust? Any ideas on that? Thousands of parents are right now praying for their children who are suffering and dying horrible deaths from starvation. There prays don't seem to be working as well as yours. Any thoughts on that? Maybe you are just so special in Gods eyes that he grants to you what he denied to millions of jews and thousands of dying children. Now doesn't that make you feel really special?
Only an idiot would perceive a dry spot on the ground as a miracle. Would that be you per chance?
believers are the only ones who can understand and appreciate the presence of God. if you don't believe in God, fine, that is your right. but it is also my right to believe the presence of God. only a real God can perform miracles.

me idiot ? i don't think so.
i was an honor student during school days.
4 academic awards when i graduated my high school.
academic scholar both high school and college because of my excellent grades. my parents did not pay any tuition fees for me. i graduated my computer course with a gpa of 4.0.

i am so proud of experiencing one miracle in my lifetime. thank you Lord.

btw, my sister was a valedictorian in school. and she is a highly religious person.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#51 Sep 9, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So when you pray our problems are usually solved, I wonder why that didn't work for millions of hard p[raying jews during the holocaust? Any ideas on that? Thousands of parents are right now praying for their children who are suffering and dying horrible deaths from starvation. There prays don't seem to be working as well as yours. Any thoughts on that? Maybe you are just so special in Gods eyes that he grants to you what he denied to millions of jews and thousands of dying children. Now doesn't that make you feel really special?
not all prayers are answered. but God answers most of my prayers.

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#52 Sep 9, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>So it becomes a process of "cherry picking" discarding the immoral and cozying up to the "truths" as you call them. One would ask why, if this is called the "good book" we have to resort to this "cherry picking?" I imagine this is what is done to young children during sunday school, or the horrors of horrors, summer bible school. Do you really think the discuss forceable rape, slavery, blood sacrifice and massacre, with these children?
Read thru these pages.... if you get some time...
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TI7...
and like andet1987 said each person has a right to believe what they will, including you and myself. Just let others share that experience of personal beliefs. You don't believe fine, but maybe one day even on your death bed, you might see things differently.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#53 Sep 9, 2012
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
not all prayers are answered. but God answers most of my prayers.
Still no answer from you on why God would NOT answer the prayers of millions of Jews and hundreds of thousands of starving children, but answered your prayers.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#54 Sep 9, 2012
Timesten wrote:
<quoted text>
and like andet1987 said each person has a right to believe what they will, including you and myself. Just let others share that experience of personal beliefs. You don't believe fine, but maybe one day even on your death bed, you might see things differently.
I have no problem with rational beliefs. Irrational beliefs are another story as in andet's claims that God answers most of her prayers but ignored the prayers of millions of Jews during the holocaust. Never answering the prayers of thousands of parents praying for their starving children, but answers her/his meaningless requests. We won't even begin to talk about God NEVER answering the prayers of amputee's. Irrational beliefs are a sign of mental instability and should not be left unattended.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#55 Sep 9, 2012
Timesten wrote:
<quoted text>
I refuse to entertain irrational and delusional beliefs now and certainly will not entertain them on my death bed. I have faced death, as in "there are no Atheists in foxholes" I'm here to tell you that a load of shit. I was totally convinced I was going to die. Our position had been completely overrun, and death was a heartbeat away, and still in didn't resort to delusional beliefs about mythical beings and magical places, so rest assured no such thoughts will enter my mind on my death bed.
August

Belleview, FL

#56 Sep 10, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What causes you to believe "firmly" in God? You obviously realize how immoral and corrupt the bible is, so I know you don't rely on the bible for your belief in God as do most Theists. So what is it that so strongly convinces you that God exists?
Belief is a personal thing. Generally I don't bring up God or politics with friends and that's how we stay friends. Though I was baptized Christian as a child, I'm not a "good Christian" in that I don't go around insisting that everyone see life from my point of view.
But since you asked, what I will say is that during the darkest time of my life (the death of my baby) God showed himself to me several times. Now any self-respecting athiest will and have told me, "That's just coincidence, all of those things that happened which you believe were God showing himself to you or helping you get through that." And that's fine, they're entitled to their beliefs as I'm entitled to mine.
And, as far as the bible goes, most Native Americans believed in the Father, the Sky Spirit, the Great One: many different names but basically, God. All these natives believed this without the benefit of a book that told them to.
A bit rambling there, but I hope I answered your question.

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#57 Sep 10, 2012
Timesten wrote:
<quoted text>
So you being an atheist believe that everything that exists materialized from nothing? Is that correct?
In the last century man has almost created life, so who's to say another life form 100's of 1000'sd of years smarter than humans didn't create the life that exists on Earth.
Wouldn't scientists of today, be as gods to people that lived 3000 years ago?
I'm not a scientist or a person who has extensively studied the origin of the universe so I honestly cannot say how "existence" occurred...but then again, neither can they, or you, or anyone.

I don't leave out the possibility that other life somehow "seeded" Earth but IMO I find it to be unlikely. In the billions of years of mutations and evolution of billions of species, statistically some had to get it "right" and live on, many did not. Those that did eventually evolved into what we have today.

What I do argue is that the "god" of the buybull or any other "god" that was created and worshipped by man throughout the ages is bunk and simply man's attempt to explain the unknown and to control the populace...IMO.
blacklagoon

Brookline, MA

#58 Sep 10, 2012
August wrote:
<quoted text>
Belief is a personal thing. Generally I don't bring up God or politics with friends and that's how we stay friends. Though I was baptized Christian as a child, I'm not a "good Christian" in that I don't go around insisting that everyone see life from my point of view.
But since you asked, what I will say is that during the darkest time of my life (the death of my baby) God showed himself to me several times. Now any self-respecting athiest will and have told me, "That's just coincidence, all of those things that happened which you believe were God showing himself to you or helping you get through that." And that's fine, they're entitled to their beliefs as I'm entitled to mine.
And, as far as the bible goes, most Native Americans believed in the Father, the Sky Spirit, the Great One: many different names but basically, God. All these natives believed this without the benefit of a book that told them to.
Yes you have, and thank you.
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#59 Sep 10, 2012
Timesten wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you Timesten :) you make my day :) you have a great night buddy !

#60 Sep 11, 2012
andet1987 wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you Timesten :) you make my day :) you have a great night buddy !
Anytime and you do the same my friend. Talk again in the future..

#61 Sep 11, 2012
August wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said and I agree. Look back in time many people could not read but believed in a higher power. It's in the balance of all things, some believe, some do not...

#62 Jan 24, 2013
So where's the hundred of other pages that went with this thread, now there'as only 3 Seems like topix is biased in the religion dept. also.

http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T4B...
Klink

Cross Timbers, MO

#63 Jan 24, 2013
a

First you need to establish you are in fact a christian before you pretend to teach about the Bible.

The OT was preserved among the Hebrews as the NT Greek was preserved among the Greek Orthodox until they fled west in 1453 with the invasion of Islam into their city of Constantinople. This caused the Reformation when their Greek mss was then translated. The OT Hebrew was later confirmed accurate after the 1948 DSS discoveries.

KJV NT origins

http://conservapedia.com/Geneva_Bible#The_Fir...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byzantine_text-t...

(chart)
http://bibles4free.com/sitebuildercontent/sit...

KJV OT origins

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masoretic_Text

ms history

www.biblebelievers.com/JEcob1.html

KJV History

www.youtube.com/watch...

Contrary to claims the Bible has been faithfully preserved and translated by more than one team of translators.

Who wrote the NT books and when?

http://carm.org/wasnt-new-testament-written-h...
Klink

Cross Timbers, MO

#64 Jan 24, 2013
Timesten wrote:
Well said and I agree. Look back in time many people could not read but believed in a higher power. It's in the balance of all things, some believe, some do not...

It was called the dark ages and they falsely followed the pope due to their ignorance. Others with the Bible across Christian Syria rejected Rome's authority.
bible corrupt

Pittsfield, MA

#65 Feb 24, 2013
andet1987 wrote:
the Bible maybe written and edited by man. but that does not mean there is no God. there is a God somewhere.
btw, i was a former atheist. but later i bacame a believer but a little skeptical. and lately, i become a true believer and not skeptical anymore.
Agreed
bible corrupt

Pittsfield, MA

#66 Feb 24, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min It aint necessari... 55,802
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Charles 649,964
Royal Holiday Timeshare Scam 17 min erinadams 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 52 min ceemee2 2,301
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 53 min Peter Ross 445,889
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 1 hr Edgy Teen 194
Ayurveda oil massage 1 hr rahul 1
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 hr Hangman 971,732
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 13 hr Jesus 47
More from around the web