*** Corruption of the Bible ***
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#24 Sep 8, 2012
Timesten wrote:
"Why do you people permit yourselves to remain willfully ignorant? Cosmologists have very strong models to account for the formation of the solar system,"
Models are man made and can produce any outcome the programmer wants to make it.
They have several models in Hurricanes also sometimes they are correct/close sometimes they are not.
Let's start with the earth at it's beginning. How did it get here?
Scientific models are made using scientific observations and the collecting of data. Science is NOT about always being right, its about the journey of discovery. Hurricane is coming, are you going to listen to science as to what to expect? Are you going to trust science to give you the best information possible?

Are you purposely playing dumb? Did I not give you the very best scientific evidence as to how stars and planets are formed? Once again for the brain dead......An accretion disk formed out of gas a dust, gravitational forces caused it to spin, thousands of years go by as the disk attracts more dust ad gas, it fragments, large pieces break off and become giant planets like Saturn, further along smaller pieces fragment and become earth-size planets. This is what happened some 4.5 billion years ago when our planet was first formed. A spinning ball of super heated gas and dust, it slowly cooled over millions of years, and atmosphere formed, further cooling produced clouds of water vapor, the atmosphere condensed into layers, rain cooled the surface more, complex chemicals under the right conditions most likely produced Amino Acids the building block for life, single cell life, evolution has taken us to our present form. Read science book will ya..........By the way, no charge for the class in planet formation.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#25 Sep 8, 2012
andet1987 wrote:
the Bible maybe written and edited by man. but that does not mean there is no God. there is a God somewhere.
btw, i was a former atheist. but later i bacame a believer but a little skeptical. and lately, i become a true believer and not skeptical anymore.
There is NO God anywhere, its a myth.

You are a liar, you where NEVER an Atheists. True Atheists have done extensive research on the existence of God. Once the evidence is examined, leaving no stone unturned, a person knows with a fairy amount of certainty that no God could exist. Further, it becomes totally obvious that the God of the bible is a total impossibility. If you took that journey of discovery you become an committed Atheists. You never took that journey, otherwise you would know without doubt that a dry spot on the sidewalk does NOT constitute a miracle. You would know, without doubt, that miracles are totally impossible. It doesn't work that way, you don't become an Atheists and then become a believer. It simply means you were NEVER a COMMITTED ATHEISTS.
atheists dont have a clue

Kalamazoo, MI

#26 Sep 8, 2012
Timesten wrote:
Read here...
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TI7...
This thread should bring forth some interesting info, about what is truth and what is not.
corrupt...def:
....to change from good to bad in morals, manners, or actions.
And the bibles words have been just that. Too many revised editions. Too many chefs spoil the soup.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_...
http://www.bible-researcher.com/links02.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/English_translat...
Now we have to see where it all started....
Biblical canon
Jewish canon....
Rabbinic Judaism recognizes the twenty-four books of the Masoretic Text, commonly called the Tanakh or "Hebrew Bible". Evidence suggests that the process of canonization occurred between 200 BC and AD 200, indeed a popular position is that the Torah was canonized c. 400 BC, the Prophets c. 200 BC, and the Writings c. AD 100[5] perhaps at a hypothetical Council of Jamnia—however this position is increasingly criticised by modern scholars. The book of Deuteronomy includes a prohibition against adding or subtracting
{note: it was added and subtracted from.}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblical_canon#J...
The books of the Tanakh (Hebrew Bible) were relayed with an accompanying oral tradition passed on by each generation, called the Oral Torah.{ and that is where the corruption entered, through this accompanying of the oral law. Priests scribes and sages had the means and power to add their opinions to the writings,{the Talmud shows this clearly}
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talmud
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TC3US24...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanakh
If God truly inspired the book, then why all the contradictions? Partial stories?
The truth has been corrupted by lies being written around it is what has transpired thru the ages concerning the text..
Jerimiah 8:8
"How can you say,'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it into a lie."
http://bible.cc/jeremiah/8-8.htm
If it's been corrupted by lies then the pagans and atheists probably corrupted it. If people betrayed Jesus, then people probably 'betrayed' the bible by corrupting it. By the definition below, atheists and pagans love to corrupt.

corruption: changed from good to bad in morals, etc.
atheists dont have a clue

Kalamazoo, MI

#27 Sep 8, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text> Scientific models are made using scientific observations and the collecting of data. Science is NOT about always being right, its about the journey of discovery. Hurricane is coming, are you going to listen to science as to what to expect? Are you going to trust science to give you the best information possible?
Are you purposely playing dumb? Did I not give you the very best scientific evidence as to how stars and planets are formed? Once again for the brain dead......An accretion disk formed out of gas a dust, gravitational forces caused it to spin, thousands of years go by as the disk attracts more dust ad gas, it fragments, large pieces break off and become giant planets like Saturn, further along smaller pieces fragment and become earth-size planets. This is what happened some 4.5 billion years ago when our planet was first formed. A spinning ball of super heated gas and dust, it slowly cooled over millions of years, and atmosphere formed, further cooling produced clouds of water vapor, the atmosphere condensed into layers, rain cooled the surface more, complex chemicals under the right conditions most likely produced Amino Acids the building block for life, single cell life, evolution has taken us to our present form. Read science book will ya..........By the way, no charge for the class in planet formation.
So you say evolution has taken us to our present form, and this is based on your statement 'complex chemicals under the right conditions MOST LIKELY produced Amino Acids the building block for life ...

My problem with this statement is:
How can you make a statement of fact(evolution has taken us to our present form) based on a statement thats not a fact(...the right conditions MOST LIKELY ....).

Smart people don't do that.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#28 Sep 9, 2012
atheists dont have a clue wrote:
<quoted text>
So you say evolution has taken us to our present form, and this is based on your statement 'complex chemicals under the right conditions MOST LIKELY produced Amino Acids the building block for life ...
How can you make a statement of fact(evolution has taken us to our present form) based on a statement thats not a fact(...the right conditions MOST LIKELY ....).
A little research on your part will show that as early as 1950, science has been able to produce Amino Acids from a mix of chemicals. Its really as simple as combining the right chemicals under the right conditions. Science can create models replicating the conditions of an early Earth. The chemicals combined with the right temperature, then zap it with a jolt of electricity and....BINGO Amino Acids. All living things need Amino Acids.

Evolution is simply a fact, same a gravity. So we know the following....We and the stars are made from the same basic 5 elements. The universe contains these 5 elements in abundance, life may be inevitable, an inevitable consequence of complex chemistry.

The other religious option is that a mythical being picked up a handful of dirt and blew on it, and presto, there was a fully formed man. When "smart people" look at the choices, there is usually no contests.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#29 Sep 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Are you one of those people who like to play the God of the Gaps game? You find a situation were science has not yet fully discovered the answer, and then automatically plug in a fictitious being to plug the gap. This has been going on for centuries. For hundreds of years religion has supplied the answers to questions were no other explanation existed. But very slowly science began to answer these questions. Thunder and lightning were not the result of an angry God. Mental illness was NOT an individual possessed by demons. And very slowly but surely religion has become a receding pocket of scientific ignorance. Science supplies more and more answers, religious explanations become irrelevant. The day that science creates life from non-life, biogenesis, one of religions most important explanation will be rendered meaningless.

“Google Operation Northwoods”

Since: Aug 10

** 9-11 was an inside job **

#30 Sep 9, 2012
<quoted text>
If it's been corrupted by lies then the pagans and atheists probably corrupted it. If people betrayed Jesus, then people probably 'betrayed' the bible by corrupting it. By the definition below, atheists and pagans love to corrupt.
Agreed
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TJI...
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#31 Sep 9, 2012
<quoted text>
By the way, "Smart people" don't believe in myths and fantasies. Believing in things for NO good reason and without any supporting evidence is a very stupid thing to do.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#32 Sep 9, 2012
Timesten wrote:
Good, I'm glad that you agree that the bible is corrupt and immoral. There are two phrases that I just love, the first is referring to the bible as "THE GOOD BOOK" anyone who has spent some time reading this book can see how dysfunctional and immoral its teachings really are. The second is "AN ACT OF GOD" when referring to natural disasters, yeah, no shit. God supposedly created the planet with a molten core, thereby assuring that earthquakes, volcanos and tsunamis, kill millions. Strange he did have a choice to create the planet without a molten core. His choice makes him what? A sadist, capricious, psychopathic, or just a complete A--hole? I pick all of the above.
August

Belleview, FL

#33 Sep 9, 2012
andet1987 wrote:
the Bible maybe written and edited by man. but that does not mean there is no God. there is a God somewhere.
btw, i was a former atheist. but later i bacame a believer but a little skeptical. and lately, i become a true believer and not skeptical anymore.
Whilst I have a hard time believing the bible, I do firmly believe in God Himself. Organized religion (all of them), however, is Man's creation and one that I will not follow.

“Who Are You Calling A P*ssy?”

Since: Sep 12

Union City, NJ

#34 Sep 9, 2012
The Bible is PERFECT and anyone who doesn't like it can eat my shit.
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#35 Sep 9, 2012
August wrote:
<quoted text>
Whilst I have a hard time believing the bible, I do firmly believe in God Himself. Organized religion (all of them), however, is Man's creation and one that I will not follow.
What causes you to believe "firmly" in God? You obviously realize how immoral and corrupt the bible is, so I know you don't rely on the bible for your belief in God as do most Theists. So what is it that so strongly convinces you that God exists?
blacklagoon

Boston, MA

#36 Sep 9, 2012
_Viking_ wrote:
So if the bible is so "perfect" then you must follow it and use it in your everyday life. So I can assume you stone to death your children when they misbehave, kill anyone you know who works on the Sabbath, and you must also keep slaves. How many slaves do you own? just curious. Do you have any children left after stoning them to death? Oh and if you ever hear of a women on her wedding night NOT being a virgin, please report her and then see to it that she is killed. Yep, an absolutely perfect book, LOL.

#39 Sep 9, 2012
_Viking_ wrote:
Very nice.(cough/ahem) Did your RED god with horns teach you that reply?
You should research for yourself, instead of taking the words of your preacher, like many preachers who are only in it for the money and prestige.
http://www.topix.com/forumsearch/religion/isl...

#40 Sep 9, 2012
August wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree along those same lines August...
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/TLO...

#41 Sep 9, 2012
blacklagoon wrote:
<quoted text>What causes you to believe "firmly" in God? You obviously realize how immoral and corrupt the bible is, so I know you don't rely on the bible for your belief in God as do most Theists. So what is it that so strongly convinces you that God exists?
The whole bible isn't corrupt. There are many truths in it. But the Jewish Pharisees,(Rabbis) and scribes, wrote lies around those truths

Jeremiah 8:8
King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
How do you say, We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us? Lo, certainly he made it falsely; the pen of the scribes made it a lie.
New International Version
"'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?
New Living Translation
"'How can you say, "We are wise because we have the word of the LORD," when your teachers have twisted it by writing lies?
English Standard Version
“How can you say,‘We are wise, and the law of the LORD is with us’? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes has made it into a lie.

New American Standard Bible
"How can you say,'We are wise, And the law of the LORD is with us'? But behold, the lying pen of the scribes Has made it into a lie.
Jesus came down on them hard for teaching the commandments of men and putting Gods laws aside.(Torah vs the Talmud)

#42 Sep 9, 2012
<quoted text>
Agreed and here's another reason for their paganism. They need a visual to adorn and worship.
http://www.topix.com/forum/religion/islam/T96...
andet1987

Chicago, IL

#43 Sep 9, 2012
August wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you so much.:)

i am not a religious person too. but i do believe God really exists.

1. when i pray, my problem is usually solved.

2. i really experienced a miracle. i really saw it.

Since: May 11

Reality, USA

#44 Sep 9, 2012
_Viking_ wrote:
Your "god" disapproves of the way you support his fictional novel. You know...that fictional book(your buybull) authored by old men who were sexist, controlling and did not have the knowledge of science(kind of like you) that 21st century mankind does.
You have a great day now ya here!

#46 Sep 9, 2012
USN Atheist wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "god" disapproves of the way you support his fictional novel. You know...that fictional book(your buybull) authored by old men who were sexist, controlling and did not have the knowledge of science(kind of like you) that 21st century mankind does.
You have a great day now ya here!
So you being an atheist believe that everything that exists materialized from nothing? Is that correct?
In the last century man has almost created life, so who's to say another life form 100's of 1000'sd of years smarter than humans didn't create the life that exists on Earth.
Wouldn't scientists of today, be as gods to people that lived 3000 years ago?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Gods r Delusion x... 672,723
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 11 min Buck Crick 104,329
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Jehova Witness 981,087
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Jehova Witness 619,372
------ POPE Francis **EXPOSED ------ 4 hr Patriot 2
Poll White Men, Would You Have A BABY by a Black Woman (Apr '10) 5 hr Third eye blind 540
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 hr Jehova Witness 46,186
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 hr chazmo 286,296
More from around the web