Comments
21 - 40 of 3,738 Comments Last updated Nov 11, 2011
Gabby

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Mar 8, 2007
 
I didn't see one ounce of facts in your posting. Just an argumentative jerk with nothing to back it up. Except "Its a fact and your wrong" Now shut up because your wasting your time and I don't plan on visiting this site again. So go ahead and have the last word so you can look cool to all the other posters.
Dennis2 wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no attitude, other than frustration that you are willing to waive away science without understanding it. Presenting facts isn't "pompous". How would you react if someone told you that the earth is the center of the universe, is flat, disease is caused by demons, etc.? I'd imagine you'd scoff at the idea, because they are KNOWN to be false. What you "believe" is irrelevant to what is real and factual. Evolution is a fact, regardless of who likes it or doesn't. The evidence is overwhelming, regardless of who wants to accept it or not. As for my belief system concerning a god, I'm agnostic. There may be one, there may not. If there is one, he/she/it set up the universe in a way that allowed evolution to happen, but regardless, it happened. What I certainly don't believe in is religion, as I don't think anyone has a clue what they are talking about or who or what this god would be. Christianity is no more valid than Islam, Wicca, Buddhism, animism, Shinto, etc.

“It's Evolution Baby.....”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 8, 2007
 
Poor, poor Gabby. When your sky fairy lifts you to the eternal cloud ride, give us all a shout and let us know you were right.

Me, suddenly I have the urge for a banana....

Since: Dec 06

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Mar 8, 2007
 
Gabby wrote:
I didn't see one ounce of facts in your posting. Just an argumentative jerk with nothing to back it up. Except "Its a fact and your wrong" Now shut up because your wasting your time and I don't plan on visiting this site again. So go ahead and have the last word so you can look cool to all the other posters.<quoted text>
Where am I being argumentative or a jerk. This is a discussion forum. I am trying to discuss the topic. I asked a valid question. How would you react to someone saying the earth is flat? You would correct the, tell them they are wrong, and that any assumptions they make based on that belief is wrong. That's exactly what I did to you based on your lack of knowledge about evolution. You are upset because you are being challenged and have nothing to rebut it with, not because anyone is attacking you.

Evolution is a fact. Go to the evolution forum and read through some of the threads. There are hundreds of posts presenting the evidence for evolution...and even that represents only an oversimplified, tiny fraction of the evidence available. If you have something specific about evolution that you'd like to debate, I'll gladly answer with science. If you want to whine because someone won't play along with your "evolution is wrong because me and my view of the Bible say it's wrong", then you are better off leaving as you say you will.

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris nicest district

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Mar 8, 2007
 
Gabby wrote:
I think God used his thought and energy to make all creatures including the apes and I think he created us uniquely. All the cool creatures out there prove God is very smart and powerful. I feel I would be insulting God by believing that I evolved rather that came about by his unique design skills.
How do you explain That God made tries which failed, didn't many species went to an extinction ?

You're done, I'm gonna take your queen

“It's Evolution Baby.....”

Since: Feb 07

Allentown Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Mar 8, 2007
 
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you explain That God made tries which failed, didn't many species went to an extinction ?
99% of every species that ever lived is extinct. But evolution has nothing to do with that, it's all by will of the Big Daddy Sky Fairy.
The Thinker

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Mar 8, 2007
 
I posted this on another thread, but I feel it applies here also

The God of your religion is the author of science. We should not confuse science with some of the educated guesses that make up some of our physical beliefs. Scientists dont know everything yet about the complexity of Gods universe. My religious belief balances religion and science(not Scientology). Many of the things that we are taught as fact are actually, the best explanation that could be found. We say that Franklin discovered electricity and now, there are clues being found that suggest that certain civilizations may have had mild forms of electricity i.e. the Baghdad Battery and more. The modern scientists have no real clue of how the Pyramids were built 4k years ago, nor can they reconsruct one exactly like it, yet they would have us belive that they know all there is to know about dinosaurs and the "evolution" of human life. I recently saw a report that called archaeopteryx a fake. This is the fossil said to link dinosaurs into modern birds. I also read a report of a dino-sized fossil found that had a heart area showing signs of being warm blooded, which would chane everything you ever though about dinos. Time never was when man was not. All science stems from God and I would never follow any leader who couldnt connect those dots.

“Otter”

Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Mar 8, 2007
 
Coolguy wrote:
Evolution can be proven false with a few words. DNA cannot change.Its a scientific fact.
OK here is 1 word showing it can: Mutation.
Scutter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Mar 8, 2007
 
You know all this has been covered on the "Evolution is a Fraud" thread. The creationists/anti-evolution crowd got their ass kicked by the logic and reason of the counter arguments and the weight of facts. They couldn't win there so now they've started a new thread to respread their tired re-run misinformation saying the same shyt again. Sad really. If you doubt me pull up the old thread and read.

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris nicest district

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Mar 8, 2007
 
The Thinker wrote:
Scientists dont know everything yet about the complexity of Gods universe.
At leats most know that the more they know, the largest are fronteers of ignorance, be Universe with God or not

The Thinker wrote:
My religious belief balances religion and science(not Scientology). Many of the things that we are taught as fact are actually, the best explanation that could be found.
Not the best for all, the most understandable.
"Univers is Hypersphere" is not an understandable proposition, but by very little number.
The Thinker wrote:
The modern scientists have no real clue of how the Pyramids were built 4k years ago, nor can they reconsruct one exactly like it,
Gimme 20 years, 10000 men, the same ressources than they had, not more I build you one twin Kheops pyramid
The Thinker wrote:
yet they would have us belive that they know all there is to know about dinosaurs and the "evolution" of human life. I recently saw a report that called archaeopteryx a fake. This is the fossil said to link dinosaurs into modern birds. I also read a report of a dino-sized fossil found that had a heart area showing signs of being warm blooded, which would chane everything you ever though about dinos. Time never was when man was not. All science stems from God and I would never follow any leader who couldnt connect those dots.
You can say that all Universe laws are divine, that changes nothing about the way to find them, science protocoles remain unchanged, so that you believe or not, you work with same rules, and so that intrusion of religion in science has no sense

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris nicest district

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Mar 8, 2007
 
steve-2304 wrote:
<quoted text>
99% of every species that ever lived is extinct. But evolution has nothing to do with that, it's all by will of the Big Daddy Sky Fairy.
When not because of cataclysm, survival and extinction of species is evolution

Since: Dec 06

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Mar 8, 2007
 
Saranacotter wrote:
<quoted text>OK here is 1 word showing it can: Mutation.
Yes, and mutations can be bad, neutral or in some cases good.
The Thinker

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Mar 8, 2007
 
DonPanic wrote:
<quoted text>
At leats most know that the more they know, the largest are fronteers of ignorance, be Universe with God or not
<quoted text>
Not the best for all, the most understandable.
"Univers is Hypersphere" is not an understandable proposition, but by very little number.
<quoted text>
Gimme 20 years, 10000 men, the same ressources than they had, not more I build you one twin Kheops pyramid
<quoted text>
You can say that all Universe laws are divine, that changes nothing about the way to find them, science protocoles remain unchanged, so that you believe or not, you work with same rules, and so that intrusion of religion in science has no sense
Again, science and religion are one, to those who understand. The PROVABLE truth of science will always match religion. Religious scholars have turned many people off with certain aspects that seem impossible from a scientific perspective like raising someone from the dead, walking on water, and the mysticism that God is shrouded in can cause a person to shy away because it doesnt make scientific sense. God is the author of science and doesnt deviate from his own law. I belive in God and Jesus, but not immaculate conception. I believe in many of the parables and thing in the bible, but not necessarily in a physical way. Some are spiritual and mental. The scientist too are wrong because they want me to believe that I evolved from a Primate and that we both still exist on the planet at the same time. What other two creatures on the evolution scale have coexisted with the one that came directly before them? Where do we go from here or is this the last stage of evolution? There are many questions on both side. I will take on any challenger on this argument of evolution versus intelligent design.
The Thinker

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Mar 8, 2007
 
Scutter wrote:
You know all this has been covered on the "Evolution is a Fraud" thread. The creationists/anti-evolution crowd got their ass kicked by the logic and reason of the counter arguments and the weight of facts. They couldn't win there so now they've started a new thread to respread their tired re-run misinformation saying the same shyt again. Sad really. If you doubt me pull up the old thread and read.
Create a forum and I will personally challenge whatever theory you have that allows you to think that you are no more than one up on a monkey!!
Scutter

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Mar 8, 2007
 
The Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Create a forum and I will personally challenge whatever theory you have that allows you to think that you are no more than one up on a monkey!!
You're right, saying you are one up on a monkey is an insult to monkeys. Just click and read throught the Evolution is a Fraud thread (here on Topix) it pretty much covers all the retread crap you're bringing up here. Evolution is pretty much a fact, plain and simple, if you just bother to read up on it on a legitimate science site. BTW, Evolution and religion need not be at odds with each other.(see link)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evoluti...

MOST Christians have no problem with Evolution, just the nutty extremist Bible literalistic Dominionist wing. Course most of them believe the Universe was create in 4004 BC -How can you argue with such willfull ignorance?

“Otter”

Since: Jan 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Mar 8, 2007
 
newsgirl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and mutations can be bad, neutral or in some cases good.
I like you, can I visit you in NO?

Since: Dec 06

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Mar 8, 2007
 
The Thinker wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, science and religion are one, to those who understand. The PROVABLE truth of science will always match religion. Religious scholars have turned many people off with certain aspects that seem impossible from a scientific perspective like raising someone from the dead, walking on water, and the mysticism that God is shrouded in can cause a person to shy away because it doesnt make scientific sense. God is the author of science and doesnt deviate from his own law. I belive in God and Jesus, but not immaculate conception. I believe in many of the parables and thing in the bible, but not necessarily in a physical way. Some are spiritual and mental. The scientist too are wrong because they want me to believe that I evolved from a Primate and that we both still exist on the planet at the same time. What other two creatures on the evolution scale have coexisted with the one that came directly before them? Where do we go from here or is this the last stage of evolution? There are many questions on both side. I will take on any challenger on this argument of evolution versus intelligent design.
"...science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind..." Einstein

There are many species that coexist and it is not necessary for the apes to become extinct just because humans evolved further. Science can't answer where we go from here, it is not based on psychic ability, but observation and testing. But we are still evolving to some degree, however, there is no need for a substantial change because we are well adapted to our environment as it is. As need for adaptation occurs, so will evolution progress.

Since: Feb 07

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Mar 8, 2007
 
Scutter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, saying you are one up on a monkey is an insult to monkeys. Just click and read throught the Evolution is a Fraud thread (here on Topix) it pretty much covers all the retread crap you're bringing up here. Evolution is pretty much a fact, plain and simple, if you just bother to read up on it on a legitimate science site. BTW, Evolution and religion need not be at odds with each other.(see link)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theistic_evoluti...
MOST Christians have no problem with Evolution, just the nutty extremist Bible literalistic Dominionist wing. Course most of them believe the Universe was create in 4004 BC -How can you argue with such willfull ignorance?
No, the creation occurred just over 13k ago.

Since: Dec 06

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Mar 8, 2007
 
The Thinker wrote:
I posted this on another thread, but I feel it applies here also
The God of your religion is the author of science. We should not confuse science with some of the educated guesses that make up some of our physical beliefs. Scientists dont know everything yet about the complexity of Gods universe. My religious belief balances religion and science(not Scientology). Many of the things that we are taught as fact are actually, the best explanation that could be found. We say that Franklin discovered electricity and now, there are clues being found that suggest that certain civilizations may have had mild forms of electricity i.e. the Baghdad Battery and more. The modern scientists have no real clue of how the Pyramids were built 4k years ago, nor can they reconsruct one exactly like it, yet they would have us belive that they know all there is to know about dinosaurs and the "evolution" of human life. I recently saw a report that called archaeopteryx a fake. This is the fossil said to link dinosaurs into modern birds. I also read a report of a dino-sized fossil found that had a heart area showing signs of being warm blooded, which would chane everything you ever though about dinos. Time never was when man was not. All science stems from God and I would never follow any leader who couldnt connect those dots.
Your mind is made up, fallacies and all. No point in debating what's cast in stone.

Save yourself the trouble of starting yet another blog on this subject. Feel free to peruse existing blogs and you will find some interesting discourse, you might even step on dried blood on the floor.
Scutter

Pleasanton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Mar 8, 2007
 
scout wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the creation occurred just over 13k ago.
BAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Right, whatever. And you know this how? Because some 19th Century American Evngelical counted "begots"?? Solid science there buddy!

Tell me this. If the Universe is 13,000 years old how can we see the light of forming galaxys from 12+ BILLION light years away??? Or, for that matter the observed blackhole at the center of OUR OWN galaxy thats a mere 50,000 light years away?(Note for the novice, a light year is the distance light travels in 1 year)

If you say astonomers have there measurements wrong then you had better provide proof and keep in mind that the millions of observed galaxies and all the other observed things we see in this Universe would have to fit in 13,000 odd light year radious which , frankly is not possible.

Since: Dec 06

One of Paris nicest district

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Mar 9, 2007
 
The Thinker wrote:
I belive in God and Jesus, but not immaculate conception. I believe in many of the parables and thing in the bible, but not necessarily in a physical way. Some are spiritual and mental. The scientist too are wrong because they want me to believe that I evolved from a Primate and that we both still exist on the planet at the same time.
What other two creatures on the evolution scale have coexisted with the one that came directly before them?
The sientists say that we had common ancestor, so that you hammer in vacuum, just showing that you don't know the logical bases of evolution
The Thinker wrote:
Where do we go from here or is this the last stage of evolution? There are many questions on both side. I will take on any challenger on this argument of evolution versus intelligent design.
Each of a specie extinction shows that ID is awkard a designer

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

396 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 min Naveen kumar 4,629
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 11 min dirty white boy- 720,662
Oldest Language in India : Telugu or Sanskrit ?? (Feb '12) 12 min Naveen kumar 121
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min dirty white boy- 599,062
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 27 min MUQ1 36,501
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 30 min Buck Crick 224,106
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 38 min seriously the original 5,229
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 45 min bbbbbb 73
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr The Awakener 172,344
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 256,451
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr Mi Lin 532,626
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••