First Hoplite Church

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2648 Feb 20, 2014
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
I love tablet computers.
I love that mine is neither Apple nor Microsoft.:)
But I still do Topix strictly on my PC-- it has 3 large flatscreens to spread things out with, and I am trying to limit my social media.
As for weather? I woke up to 68 degrees at 7am, but it's dropped down to 56 at 945am. I'm wondering if we're going to finally get some rain?
We've had like 1 inch of moisture since fall, and things are going to be grim, come spring.
Eep...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2649 Feb 20, 2014
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Eep...
We've had burn warnings since September, with no let up in sight.

... meh.

And a return to the Dust Bowl Days of high, endless winds.

Oh, how I wish I'd invested in that Wind Farm, back-when...

;)

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#2650 Feb 20, 2014
I love tablet computers.
I love that mine is neither Apple nor Microsoft.:)
But I still do Topix strictly on my PC-- it has 3 large flatscreens to spread things out with, and I am trying to limit my social media.
As for weather? I woke up to 68 degrees at 7am, but it's dropped down to 56 at 945am. I'm wondering if we're going to finally get some rain?
We've had like 1 inch of moisture since fall, and things are going to be grim, come spring.
I am attempting (for the first time) to download to my Dropbox account a video I took of the thunder snow that left my area a little bit ago. Its actually getting more than a little dangerous in my area :P Not looking forward to driving to work later…. What is odd is that the news is saying that after midnight we will go up to 50 degrees here. Michigan…guess that’s all I can say LOL!
When all this snow really starts to melt we will flood here, not looking forward to it.
ryiopabcd

Astoria, NY

#2651 Feb 20, 2014
sleep!Q hehehhehehe

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2652 Feb 20, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
I am attempting (for the first time) to download to my Dropbox account a video I took of the thunder snow that left my area a little bit ago. Its actually getting more than a little dangerous in my area :P Not looking forward to driving to work later…. What is odd is that the news is saying that after midnight we will go up to 50 degrees here. Michigan…guess that’s all I can say LOL!
When all this snow really starts to melt we will flood here, not looking forward to it.
I wish you could send some of that excess H2O my way-- our state is so dry, fires will be a serious problem, come spring.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2653 Mar 16, 2014
I think it's amazing when someone dies and all you remember were the good times you had with them. Quite painfull. You realize there was'nt any bad times....ouch
In my case it was my brother.Yes I said some things about him that sadly were true.
Growing up, I could'nt ask for a better brother. It's the frustration of knowing he was smarter and stronger than I was and watching the tables turn.I knew who he was. As kids we did everything together.
Even though we had our fights we never drew blood .......not even a mark.

I have a question that there really is'nt the right answer for.......
I think it really is an even split

If the coroner called you at 11;30pm would you call 'anyone' knowing you would wake them up or would you wait til morning.

It took me 45 minutes to make a decision.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2654 Mar 16, 2014
middleman1 wrote:
I think it's amazing when someone dies and all you remember were the good times you had with them. Quite painfull. You realize there was'nt any bad times....ouch
In my case it was my brother.Yes I said some things about him that sadly were true.
Growing up, I could'nt ask for a better brother. It's the frustration of knowing he was smarter and stronger than I was and watching the tables turn.I knew who he was. As kids we did everything together.
If the coroner called you at 11;30pm would you call 'anyone' knowing you would wake them up or would you wait til morning.
That *is* a tough question.

I suppose it would depend on who had died, and why/how.

I also suppose, that the fact that *I* was the one who had been called, would automatically limit the range of who it was, such that, I'd call all those who had an interest in the person's fate, within minutes of hanging up from the coroner.

Waking them up or no--wouldn't matter, they would want to know, as soon as possible.

That's an interesting question, though.

The Borderland of Sol

#2655 Mar 16, 2014
middleman1 wrote:
Hmm. I'm gonna have to ponder that one myself.
gonnerbone

New Eagle, PA

#2656 Mar 17, 2014

Location hidden

#2657 Mar 17, 2014
<quoted text>
That *is* a tough question.
I suppose it would depend on who had died, and why/how.
I also suppose, that the fact that *I* was the one who had been called, would automatically limit the range of who it was, such that, I'd call all those who had an interest in the person's fate, within minutes of hanging up from the coroner.
Waking them up or no--wouldn't matter, they would want to know, as soon as possible.
That's an interesting question, though.
Why do you think it took me so long?

I called my Mom. I figured I'd let it ring twice, then I would'nt be lying when I told her in the morning.....I did call

She answered on the second ring. She was wondering why she could'nt sleep.
We talked for 2 hours.

There's another thing I don't like doing......repeating myself
When someone dies there's no gettin around it
You get phone burnout.......really exhausting

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2658 Mar 17, 2014
middleman1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you think it took me so long?
I called my Mom. I figured I'd let it ring twice, then I would'nt be lying when I told her in the morning.....I did call
She answered on the second ring. She was wondering why she could'nt sleep.
We talked for 2 hours.
There's another thing I don't like doing......repeating myself
When someone dies there's no gettin around it
You get phone burnout.......really exhausting
Yes it is exhausting.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Location hidden

#2659 Mar 20, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes it is exhausting.
I'm so sorry for your loss.
Thanks Bob

We did'nt need money to have a ' rich ' childhood.
You can't ' buy ' the memories either.

It's almost like it was a completely different world then.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2661 Mar 21, 2014
middleman1 wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks Bob
We did'nt need money to have a ' rich ' childhood.
You can't ' buy ' the memories either.
It's almost like it was a completely different world then.
I didn't have a lot of excessive things, growing up.

I had lots of memories, though-- and I remember spending my entire summers out-of-doors, rain or shine.

None of my neighborhood friends had a lot of stuff, either-- we "made do" with what we had, though.

Location hidden

#2662 Apr 27, 2014
You know what's really sad?
Had the children on that ferry in South Korea NOT listened.... their chances on survival would have only been better.

And the captain....' Do as I say not as I do.'

absurd!

You know what's pretty cool. My posts don't disappear until after I sign in. So...the next time I come up with something I think is absolutely hilarious I'll copy paste ' before ' I sign in.... for later amusement.lol

You know what else is cool. My ISP is back to chi-town BUT later topix will change it back to possibly flossmoor again.....

There was someone posting from Chicago who actually changed their name after the comment was posted. Now how can that be?
The post was up for a day with a ' different name '
I can understand topix changing an ISP later...as in my case.....but a name?
It would have had to have been a moderator.....yes?

Have a wonderful day people!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2663 Apr 30, 2014
Morning all.

:)

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#2664 Jul 17, 2014
Ok, guess I am getting old. My son had to show me how to use my tablet. I remember showing my parents how to use the computer like it was yesterday...sigh...

The Borderland of Sol

#2665 Jul 17, 2014
NoStress4me wrote:
Ok, guess I am getting old. My son had to show me how to use my tablet. I remember showing my parents how to use the computer like it was yesterday...sigh...
Hehehe. Yah.
Hi, NS!

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2666 Oct 3, 2014
Hello, all!

I'm still doing good, and fighting the good fight.

Only thing, I now do it over on FaceBroke instead. There are more rules you can use, to weed out the undesirables, while still having Interesting-with-a-capital-I conversations.

Actual, genuinely interesting conversations.

I am able to avoid all the "No! You are" bullshyt. It's rather nice.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2667 Oct 3, 2014
Oh, and I fully expect my 3 negative Judgicons in short order!

Tradition must be maintained, after all!

:D

The Borderland of Sol

#2668 Oct 4, 2014
Oh, and I fully expect my 3 negative Judgicons in short order!
Tradition must be maintained, after all!
:D
Yo, Bob! I've been watching you over there.

Noli illegitimi carborundum!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min New Age Spiritual... 600,138
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Buck Crick 865,714
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 21 min Dutch 130
The Christian Atheist debate 21 min Lbj 2,050
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 23 min Burke Devlin 33,185
Native American lives MATTER 59 min Burke Devlin 4
Poppy Seed Tom's LOL! (May '14) 1 hr melody 26
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 20 hr Victoria Bologna 7,504
Sleeping with mother (Oct '13) 21 hr andy 45
More from around the web