First Hoplite Church

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#2481 Sep 18, 2013
_Susan_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I completely agree. I think some folks come to Topix just to argue and fight and be unpleasant in general. They probably feel powerless IRL and figure since they're "anonymous" they can say anything they please in this venue.
Thanks for responding Sue....

Peace and light!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2482 Sep 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
That is so totally cool!
Science, once again, triumphs where religion's empty promises fail.
Kudos to you and your new "bionic" knee-- you'll have titanium were the rest of us must make do with plain old calcium...
:)
Years ago, back when I had a satellite dish, they used to have a surgery channel-- and one idle afternoon, I watched them replace a woman's ruined knee with a titanium marvel. She was walking within days, and running within a few months-- sure, there was some pain during recovery, but her observation it was different than what she used to suffer from, and she could tell it was lessening with each day's exercise.
I wish you the best in your new body-upgrade.:D
Bob, FYI, she's out of hospital and in a physio facility.
She was walking after less than 2 days - not much, but well. Even the docs are surprised at the rapidity of her progress.

She's got physio a couple times a day, and started occupational, and I'll bet you a buck to a plugged nickel that she'll be outta there ahead of medical predictions.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2483 Sep 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Bob, FYI, she's out of hospital and in a physio facility.
She was walking after less than 2 days - not much, but well. Even the docs are surprised at the rapidity of her progress.
She's got physio a couple times a day, and started occupational, and I'll bet you a buck to a plugged nickel that she'll be outta there ahead of medical predictions.
Sweet! The doctors on that long-ago show commented that recovery is pretty much up to the patent's determination.

I'm gratified for your SO's success, and will send "good thoughts" her way whenever I think of it. <grin>

And I'd not bet against you there.

The Borderland of Sol

#2484 Sep 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Sweet! The doctors on that long-ago show commented that recovery is pretty much up to the patent's determination.
I'm gratified for your SO's success, and will send "good thoughts" her way whenever I think of it. <grin>
And I'd not bet against you there.
I'll tell her - she'll appreciate it.

And damn, I coulda made a fast buck there..

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2485 Sep 19, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I'll tell her - she'll appreciate it.
And damn, I coulda made a fast buck there..
Tell her I'm proud of her Mac.

Not that she cares, but I AM !!

The Borderland of Sol

#2486 Sep 19, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell her I'm proud of her Mac.
Not that she cares, but I AM !!
She'll care. And thanks.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2487 Sep 26, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
When I decided to go ahead with the amputation of my leg, I had serious jitters. Maybe I'm not working hard enough in rehab. Maybe the next surgery will fix it. The pain is not really that bad, right? I was trying to talk myself out of it because change is scary.
As it turns out, it was the best decision I've ever made.
Hello, RT and all! I am back home as of today. I am one happy, happy camper! Back where I can have something besides what that rehab hospital calls coffee but tastes more like mud. No more being awakened in the middle of the night, etc.

I understand now what you're saying. I could not have understood it until now, when I am recovering and know for sure that my knee will be infinitely better. I had serious jitters, too, though what I had was not nearly as serious as what you had. Still, it's no small thing to have done. My rehab is going, according to the therapists, much better than expected. I was told I would be there 3-4 weeks and I told them I'd be out in 2. It was 2 weeks to the day from the day I went into the rehab hospital. To say I am driven to succeed is a mild statement.(If you don't believe me, ask Mac!!!)

Just in the last 2 days has the swelling gone down enough to actually tell there's a difference. There is a huge blister looking thing on my knee which the nurse said is where the edema fluid has found a way to escape the knee joint. I'm calling it my Little Alien Knee Baby. Hey, ya gotta have a sense of humor!

Thanks to all of you who have kept up with my progress while I was away. You're all so sweet.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2488 Sep 26, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Hello, RT and all! I am back home as of today. I am one happy, happy camper! Back where I can have something besides what that rehab hospital calls coffee but tastes more like mud. No more being awakened in the middle of the night, etc.
I understand now what you're saying. I could not have understood it until now, when I am recovering and know for sure that my knee will be infinitely better. I had serious jitters, too, though what I had was not nearly as serious as what you had. Still, it's no small thing to have done. My rehab is going, according to the therapists, much better than expected. I was told I would be there 3-4 weeks and I told them I'd be out in 2. It was 2 weeks to the day from the day I went into the rehab hospital. To say I am driven to succeed is a mild statement.(If you don't believe me, ask Mac!!!)
Just in the last 2 days has the swelling gone down enough to actually tell there's a difference. There is a huge blister looking thing on my knee which the nurse said is where the edema fluid has found a way to escape the knee joint. I'm calling it my Little Alien Knee Baby. Hey, ya gotta have a sense of humor!
Thanks to all of you who have kept up with my progress while I was away. You're all so sweet.
Woot!

You will be **dancing** in no time, I bet.

Next time you dance by the light of the moon? Send some good thoughts our way.

:D

The Borderland of Sol

#2489 Sep 26, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Hello, RT and all! I am back home as of today. I am one happy, happy camper! Back where I can have something besides what that rehab hospital calls coffee but tastes more like mud. No more being awakened in the middle of the night, etc.
That's my girl!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2490 Sep 26, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
:-)

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2491 Oct 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Woot!
You will be **dancing** in no time, I bet.
Next time you dance by the light of the moon? Send some good thoughts our way.
:D
Will do.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2493 Oct 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Yep.
And I was successful in getting another godbot banned too.
He went by the name "atheism is evil". His hate-filled ugly has been removed from the atheist threads.
It was most amusing.
When they follow you from thread to thread, they deserve what they get.

A new creature came into my life a few weeks ago. Kinda made me feel a little special lol.........as sighting one is very rare.
You ever see one of these?
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/4DMG/i...

http://search.aol.com/aol/imageDetails...
At first I thought it was a baby hummingbird.....flies just like one.

I never heard of a Hummingbird Moth. He must have been lost.lol

Location hidden

#2494 Oct 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Tell anyone, I'll deny it - but that was a GREAT show.
Never watched it but heard that girl was Beautiful.

I might have been too busy watching this.......

My favorite episode.lol

Location hidden

#2495 Oct 24, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Will do.
Knee surgery can be complicated. I hope you have a full recovery.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2496 Oct 24, 2013
middleman1 wrote:
<quoted text>When they follow you from thread to thread, they deserve what they get.
A new creature came into my life a few weeks ago. Kinda made me feel a little special lol.........as sighting one is very rare.
You ever see one of these?
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopExt/4DMG/i...
http://search.aol.com/aol/imageDetails...
At first I thought it was a baby hummingbird.....flies just like one.
I never heard of a Hummingbird Moth. He must have been lost.lol
How big do they get? Hummers are small for birds, but would be large for an insect.

In any case, it's a beautiful creature.

The Borderland of Sol

#2497 Oct 24, 2013
middleman1 wrote:
<quoted text>Knee surgery can be complicated. I hope you have a full recovery.
She's well on the way.

The Borderland of Sol

#2498 Oct 24, 2013
<quoted text>
How big do they get? Hummers are small for birds, but would be large for an insect.
Hummingbird hawkmoth? I think they're restricted to warmish, or at least temperate bits of the Old World. I've seen them in my youth.
Macroglossum stellatarum.

Far as I recall, they don't occur on this side of the Pond.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2499 Oct 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>She's well on the way.
Woot!

The Borderland of Sol

#2500 Oct 24, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh, and they have a wingspan of pushing 2".

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2501 Oct 24, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, and they have a wingspan of pushing 2".
Cool!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 min Jac 100,045
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 min RiccardoFire 4,519
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 min curtjester1 40,512
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Aerobatty 839,556
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Regina 590,533
Poll Have You Ever Taken Part In Public Nudity? (Dec '07) 12 min Dougie6969 831
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 36 min razz58 2,414
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr Jingle Clown 271,375
More from around the web