First Hoplite Church

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2461 Aug 29, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Allegedly the finest Japanese swords were tempered using this method; as the story went, the "quenchee" felt honored to be used to create something so fine.
As by the time of the quenching, that sword represented thousands of hours of precision work.....
... and what was that, compared to the life of a slave/unworthy?
.... or so the legends go-- I have no idea if the above is 100% BS or not, just something I came across in my reading.
Yeah, I just sorta remember that from the reading mish-mash myself.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2462 Aug 30, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'm guessing you made one too many little boys cry...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =wWVQTmziskcXX
...ya perv.
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I'm guessing you made one too many little boys cry...
I'm truly sorry. I didn't know you were a little boy. I thought you were a much older male. I'll try to stop making you cry.

Naaaah, I won't.

:-)

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2463 Aug 30, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I'm truly sorry. I didn't know you were a little boy. I thought you were a much older male. I'll try to stop making you cry.
Naaaah, I won't.
:-)
Hi, Sister River!

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#2464 Aug 30, 2013
Hey Mac, huh has been quite nasty on the PTAG thread. I think I should stop posting to it.
What do you think?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2465 Aug 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Sister River!
Hi, Mac!

I apologize for my outburst there but that Nano guy annoys me.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2466 Aug 31, 2013
Al Garcia wrote:
Hey Mac, huh has been quite nasty on the PTAG thread. I think I should stop posting to it.
What do you think?
Your call. I've been known to abandon a thread.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2467 Aug 31, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, Mac!
I apologize for my outburst there but that Nano guy annoys me.
Hey, go ahead and vent...

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#2468 Sep 7, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>We do not bill here. We are supported by purely anonymous and purely voluntary donations.
If you do not wish to, or cannot, feel free not to donate. We will not know and do not care.
the wages of guilt

what cost

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2469 Sep 7, 2013
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the wages of guilt
what cost
In 'ere?

Whatever yer guilty of, leave at the gate.

Laffin.

“Man I Love Fishin”

Since: Sep 13

Decatur, GA

#2470 Sep 8, 2013
Yo ...

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2471 Sep 8, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy to see you are well.
Thanks Bob. Just stopping by to say hello before the big day. Getting a new knee. I'm really thrilled at all the new opportunities that will afford me. That and finding out that I can finish college without having to search for any more grants. I'm finally old enough to finish on the Ga program. YAY! Much better than a lot of stuff here on Topix, that's for sure.

A friend is going to come stay at my place so my plants won't die and she will pick the last of the tomatoes and squash. Everything else is already gone. I am looking forward to her coming over the night before to hold my hand and tell me everything will be just fine.(And of course, it will.) I have a few last minute jitters. But I'll be able to do the Cheerios Challenge in 2014 and then the Fuzz Run in the fall. Watch out world, here I come!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2472 Sep 8, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks Bob. Just stopping by to say hello before the big day. Getting a new knee. I'm really thrilled at all the new opportunities that will afford me. That and finding out that I can finish college without having to search for any more grants. I'm finally old enough to finish on the Ga program. YAY! Much better than a lot of stuff here on Topix, that's for sure.
A friend is going to come stay at my place so my plants won't die and she will pick the last of the tomatoes and squash. Everything else is already gone. I am looking forward to her coming over the night before to hold my hand and tell me everything will be just fine.(And of course, it will.) I have a few last minute jitters. But I'll be able to do the Cheerios Challenge in 2014 and then the Fuzz Run in the fall. Watch out world, here I come!
Everything will be just fine.

Trust me.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2473 Sep 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything will be just fine.
Trust me.
I've been telling her the same thing.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2474 Sep 8, 2013
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything will be just fine.
Trust me.
Thanks a lot RT. I've just got last minute jitters. A friend is coming the night before I go in and is going to hold my hand and comfort me. LOL Then she's going to stay and make sure my plants don't die, collect the last of the tomatoes and squash and in general take care of my place till I get back home.

I'm really loving the opportunities a new knee will afford me. Playing with the grandchildren and not having to stop so often is probably at the top of the list.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2475 Sep 8, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I've been telling her the same thing.
I know you have and I appreciate it. But like I said to you...It's not YOUR knee! ROFLOL

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2476 Sep 8, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks a lot RT. I've just got last minute jitters. A friend is coming the night before I go in and is going to hold my hand and comfort me. LOL Then she's going to stay and make sure my plants don't die, collect the last of the tomatoes and squash and in general take care of my place till I get back home.
I'm really loving the opportunities a new knee will afford me. Playing with the grandchildren and not having to stop so often is probably at the top of the list.
You'll be all gooder soon.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2477 Sep 8, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I know you have and I appreciate it. But like I said to you...It's not YOUR knee! ROFLOL
No. But the concern remains.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#2478 Sep 8, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks a lot RT. I've just got last minute jitters. A friend is coming the night before I go in and is going to hold my hand and comfort me. LOL Then she's going to stay and make sure my plants don't die, collect the last of the tomatoes and squash and in general take care of my place till I get back home.
I'm really loving the opportunities a new knee will afford me. Playing with the grandchildren and not having to stop so often is probably at the top of the list.
When I decided to go ahead with the amputation of my leg, I had serious jitters. Maybe I'm not working hard enough in rehab. Maybe the next surgery will fix it. The pain is not really that bad, right? I was trying to talk myself out of it because change is scary.

As it turns out, it was the best decision I've ever made.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2479 Sep 8, 2013
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks Bob. Just stopping by to say hello before the big day. Getting a new knee. I'm really thrilled at all the new opportunities that will afford me. That and finding out that I can finish college without having to search for any more grants. I'm finally old enough to finish on the Ga program. YAY! Much better than a lot of stuff here on Topix, that's for sure.
A friend is going to come stay at my place so my plants won't die and she will pick the last of the tomatoes and squash. Everything else is already gone. I am looking forward to her coming over the night before to hold my hand and tell me everything will be just fine.(And of course, it will.) I have a few last minute jitters. But I'll be able to do the Cheerios Challenge in 2014 and then the Fuzz Run in the fall. Watch out world, here I come!
That is so totally cool!

Science, once again, triumphs where religion's empty promises fail.

Kudos to you and your new "bionic" knee-- you'll have titanium were the rest of us must make do with plain old calcium...

:)

Years ago, back when I had a satellite dish, they used to have a surgery channel-- and one idle afternoon, I watched them replace a woman's ruined knee with a titanium marvel. She was walking within days, and running within a few months-- sure, there was some pain during recovery, but her observation it was different than what she used to suffer from, and she could tell it was lessening with each day's exercise.

I wish you the best in your new body-upgrade.:D

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2480 Sep 18, 2013
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
:o)
Seriously - the world needs a change, and it all starts with each of us.
Showing kindness maybe hard for some to be part of, but respect shouldn't be a factor.
One can be respectful when they disagree, but for some folks in Topixland think that a disagreement means that they need to promote their perception in a more demanding way - like Goober's want to "step outside".....clueless to respect.
Clueless tot he fact, that no one in Topixland "will step outside" to fight.
DOH!!
It's the little things in life that make us who we are. Some folks just don't get it.
I completely agree. I think some folks come to Topix just to argue and fight and be unpleasant in general. They probably feel powerless IRL and figure since they're "anonymous" they can say anything they please in this venue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 6 min Cholan87 880,172
2003 Silverado 2500HD REDUCED ENGINE POWER (Dec '09) 13 min Denny 142
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 36 min Soon Armagedon Day 41,161
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 38 min 2all 603,437
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 46 min WasteWater 6,404
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 47 min WasteWater 8,283
The Christian Atheist debate 52 min too lazy to log in 3,982
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 7 hr gentlepplpleaser 177,894
More from around the web