First Hoplite Church

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#2232 Apr 22, 2013
Hi*** I'm trying to remember... can I join here?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2233 Apr 23, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
Hi*** I'm trying to remember... can I join here?
Of course you may.

Hi, Lu.

Location hidden

#2234 Apr 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Of course you may.
Hi, Lu.
Hi Mac, how's it going?

O_O

<lol>

The Borderland of Sol

#2235 Apr 23, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mac, how's it going?
O_O
<lol>
Pret' good. Just got in from work.
How's by you?

Location hidden

#2236 Apr 23, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Pret' good. Just got in from work.
How's by you?
I'm wide awake and feeling pretty great :-)

The Borderland of Sol

#2237 Apr 23, 2013
LupyLu wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm wide awake and feeling pretty great :-)
Good!

I'm plannin' on a nap in a minute.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2238 May 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Good!
I'm plannin' on a nap in a minute.
They say a nap is good for the mind. I've been taking one on the days I'm off work. I think it's a stress reliever too.

Location hidden

#2239 May 30, 2013
Oklahoma is really a beautiful state. It was on the weather channel for a couple hours today. They were showing the storm but I was watching the landscape. Really breath-taking.
I always wondered why anyone would live there with it being so volatile.....more so than any other state Those people are very well educated/skilled when it comes to reacting to super storms/tornados with such little time at hand. At least with a hurricane there's more time to prepare....leave

I hope everythings ok on your end Bob.

Location hidden

#2240 May 30, 2013
I've never experienced a tornado... Microburst yes
Had lightning strike ten feet from me once....
now.... if only I could win the Lotto.lol

I was sitting on my patio with the wind blowing
looking up at my 90 foot trees hanging over my house. Seven....Twelve all together (I get about 10 percent sun in the summer). A squirrel can circle my whole perimeter without coming down.lol
All shade.....and sooo cool.
(150 bags of mulched leaves come autumn).

But as I was looking up at those huge branches (fifty feet up plus) dancin/swayin in the wind.....
I be thinkin.....I'm a dead man.

The Borderland of Sol

#2241 May 30, 2013
middleman1 wrote:
Oklahoma is really a beautiful state. It was on the weather channel for a couple hours today. They were showing the storm but I was watching the landscape. Really breath-taking.
I always wondered why anyone would live there with it being so volatile.....more so than any other state Those people are very well educated/skilled when it comes to reacting to super storms/tornados with such little time at hand. At least with a hurricane there's more time to prepare....leave
I've never been to Oklahoma - but it certainly looks pretty.

And yer absolutely correct. Hurricanes may last longer, but they're much easier to deal with. You get days' worth of warning, and as long as you have your camping gear ready in the living room...

I went 14 days wi'out power after Wilma. Barely noticed.

The Borderland of Sol

#2242 May 30, 2013
middleman1 wrote:
looking up at my 90 foot trees hanging over my house. Seven....Twelve all together (I get about 10 percent sun in the summer). A squirrel can circle my whole perimeter without coming down.lol
But as I was looking up at those huge branches (fifty feet up plus) dancin/swayin in the wind.....
Permit me to recommend that you engage a professional tree-trimming service, to remove those widow-making fool-killers *quam cellerime*.

The dratted things CAN kill you.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2243 May 30, 2013
middleman1 wrote:
I'm good.

We, who live in the windy state? Kinda get used to such things.

It's not unlike Californians getting used to earthquakes... or Floridians being caviler to hurricane season.

Either the twister nails your azz, or it doesn't. There is literally very little you can do, apart from hiding in a really strong shelter.

If you lack that? May as well go outside and watch....

... as I have done on countless times in the past. If it comes near me? I'm dead, inside or out. If not? I get to witness some pretty amazing stuff, first-hand...

;)

One of these days, I'll dig me a tornado shelter... about the same time I build an anti-zombie fence....

:D

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2244 May 30, 2013
middleman1 wrote:
It happens here often enough. You can "age" a house, just by the height of the trees growing past it....

... the really old houses have large trees, but there's almost always a crook or obvious dog-leg in the main trunk, from where it was broken off due to high winds...

... or else the tree just isn't that big.

:)

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2245 May 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I've never been to Oklahoma - but it certainly looks pretty.
And yer absolutely correct. Hurricanes may last longer, but they're much easier to deal with. You get days' worth of warning, and as long as you have your camping gear ready in the living room...
I went 14 days wi'out power after Wilma. Barely noticed.
The worst I had was about a week, in the middle of super-cold (for here) winter, due to ice.

I now own a generator, so I can keep the house warm at least.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2246 May 30, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Permit me to recommend that you engage a professional tree-trimming service, to remove those widow-making fool-killers *quam cellerime*.
The dratted things CAN kill you.
Yeah... but the sight of trees is.... restful.

Without them? Stress builds up and kills you anyway...

;)

The Borderland of Sol

#2247 May 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah... but the sight of trees is.... restful.
Without them? Stress builds up and kills you anyway...
;)
Oh, I just meant to trim the dead stuff off. I too love trees.

The Borderland of Sol

#2248 May 31, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
The worst I had was about a week, in the middle of super-cold (for here) winter, due to ice.
I now own a generator, so I can keep the house warm at least.
"Warm" is generally not a problem down 'ere...

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#2249 May 31, 2013
Good Morning everyone :O) Just wanted to stop in and say “Hello”.

The Borderland of Sol

#2250 May 31, 2013
NoStress4me wrote:
Good Morning everyone :O) Just wanted to stop in and say “Hello”.
Hi, Darlin'!

Location hidden

#2251 May 31, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I just meant to trim the dead stuff off. I too love trees.
These trees are pretty healthy Mac. They just were'nt pruned at a young age. My house is easily 50 years younger than the trees.
I had a branch come down a few years ago. I called Comed and told them a year before this happened that the branch was coming down. I could hear the creaking when it was windy.They said it was fine. It was'nt on my property. Dead giveaway was the branch started losing it's bark.It was being supported by another branch. They said it was fine.In all reality.....They did'nt want to deal with it. When that branch came down during a major storm you would call it a tree.I went out there and measured...26 inches in diameter.They don't look that big when they're way up there.lol
Tore my meterbox right off the side of my house and threw it 20 feet away.Cost me 500 bucks...my deductable. ouch!
I did'nt make a claim...Got a rate increase anyway!
I did'nt want to let the dogs out for fear of them being electrocuted.I thought the power line was broken...It had to be.
So I went out there and 'quickly tapped' the conduit with my finger to see if it was still 'live'.
I learned something that day.
I've been electrocuted before...you know... that buzzing kind of feeling.
It's not. It's actually 'hot' to the touch. Had I touched it like you normally would touch something....I'd probably be dead.
My question is....why don't they make a 'quick disconnect' at the poles? Where they would come apart at a certain pressure/force.
Rather then me losing my box it just would have unplugged at the pole and not been a danger to anyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Whiskey Ben Solo 17,225
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 min Hukt on Fonix 983,248
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 11 min Mirrormirorwall 683,921
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min lil whispers 619,706
That's all your good for God!!! 1 hr doG mnDaed lHyo i... 1
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 4 hr ChromiuMan 6,420
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 7 hr RottenR3d 46,266
More from around the web