First Hoplite Church

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2172 Mar 12, 2013
I really believe that some of the worst trolls are registered. That's totaly dishonest.They hide their location and 'act' like they're somebody else.If I gray box or not I'm the same person. I don't 'hide' my identity...isp
When or if someone starts using Lansing, that will force my hand.I'm just having fun like everyone else.....but it's honest fun.

Why would I want more than one profile?
Only if I'm up to no good.yes?
I have one profile with a bunch of graybox names that have one isp...Lansing IL....period
I'm not trying to 'fool' anyone.
I personally think some of the names I come up with are pretty cool.lol
The only time you may 'think' I'm trying to 'act' like someone else is on that sex forum.
ROTFLMAO!!

Who in the world would want to know who's who over there.lol
Especially being married.lol
Girls screwing dogs for Christ sake....and I thought it was a joke at first.I don't know shit about filthy kinky sex.lol
Boys that fantasize about having sex with their own mother....fcukin sick

And no.......I don't go there often.
But my isp is still the same.
I'm out of time.......later

Location hidden

#2173 Mar 18, 2013
Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Nervy indeed.
I would bet you a brand-new $20 that both of those were literally central pillars of their local churches, too.
And I'd bet you another $20, that neither one was all that poor-- that they each had plenty of spending money and never went short for want of food either.
For a person who's truly had to count their last dime, and who's truly had to decide: "rent or food?" is typically more considerate of other folk.
True, they might not shop at the full service guy's station-- but they also wouldn't dream of stealing from him like that.
I find that the poorer people are typically more honest than the rich folk, in my daily dealings with both.
Why a brand new 20 Bob? I recently said on another thread that I'd take quality over quantity....I would'nt have it any other way.
But I was talking about Women.
As for money...well...that's a no brainer. I'd take two filthy twenties over a brand new one anyday.lol
btw....The guy with the towels was Oriental.

You remember years ago the term idiot light? That was for people who could'nt read a guage....and needed that light to 'light up'
to tell them their oil was low in pressure or their temperature was high and so on.
But I have found the one and only true IDIOT light.
You have any idea how many road test I do?
Well.....these people run their car so low on gas, the 'gas pump light' is on and the needle is under empty. I'm wonderring if I'm gonna make it back to the shop.
Only a true IDIOT lets his fuel run that low. That light IS for an idiot. They should have another light come on after he's out of gas
A picture of a person walking with a gas can in his hand......lit up

These people don't know by letting their fuel run low they are making there fuel pump work harder...worse in the summer. The fuel pump is not completely immersed in the fuel to stay cool.
Not to say the wear they put on the starter and a 'dry' pump every time they run out of gas.

Boils down to another case of an ounce of prevention.

Location hidden

#2174 Mar 18, 2013
Not to mention the wear they put on the starter and a 'dry' pump every time they run out of gas.

And the battery!!!

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2175 Mar 18, 2013
Sucks crud outta the tank, too...

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2176 Mar 18, 2013
middleman1 wrote:
<quoted text>Why a brand new 20 Bob? I recently said on another thread that I'd take quality over quantity....I would'nt have it any other way.
But I was talking about Women.
As for money...well...that's a no brainer. I'd take two filthy twenties over a brand new one anyday.lol
btw....The guy with the towels was Oriental.
You remember years ago the term idiot light? That was for people who could'nt read a guage....and needed that light to 'light up'
to tell them their oil was low in pressure or their temperature was high and so on.
But I have found the one and only true IDIOT light.
You have any idea how many road test I do?
Well.....these people run their car so low on gas, the 'gas pump light' is on and the needle is under empty. I'm wonderring if I'm gonna make it back to the shop.
Only a true IDIOT lets his fuel run that low. That light IS for an idiot. They should have another light come on after he's out of gas
A picture of a person walking with a gas can in his hand......lit up
These people don't know by letting their fuel run low they are making there fuel pump work harder...worse in the summer. The fuel pump is not completely immersed in the fuel to stay cool.
Not to say the wear they put on the starter and a 'dry' pump every time they run out of gas.
Boils down to another case of an ounce of prevention.
Oh, yes-- fuel pumps are lubricated/cooled by the cool fuel flowing through them, carrying away the excess heat.

Running modern fuel pumps is asking for a new one-- and since they are buried deep inside the tank? Expensive repair.

When my gauge gets a bit below half, I start looking for a convenient opportunity to refuel. No need to go out of my way, but when I am driving past an appropriate station, I fill it up, once that scale shows 1/2 or less.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2177 Mar 18, 2013
middleman1 wrote:
Not to mention the wear they put on the starter and a 'dry' pump every time they run out of gas.
And the battery!!!
Yes... that too.

Some pumps won't even start dry-- you are forced to prime the system from a port under the hood.

Meaning a tow to the shop...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2178 Mar 18, 2013
macumazahn wrote:
Sucks crud outta the tank, too...
Or worse-- clogs the "sock" covering the fuel pickup.

That's as expensive as pump-replacement.

Location hidden

#2179 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Or worse-- clogs the "sock" covering the fuel pickup.
That's as expensive as pump-replacement.
I always thought gasohol ate up that sock but I could'nt find anything on it.
That's one of the reasons it was so short lived.
http://www.bkkriders.com/gasohol.html

btw....Never fuel-up when a tanker is making a drop.
Everything gets churned-up including the water.
Another reason to never run low.
An inch of water is actually good in an underground tank, as water and fuel don't mix....keeping the garbage in the water at the bottom.

Location hidden

#2180 Mar 21, 2013
And where do you think that garbage and water comes from?
why
The tanker/tankers themselves!

Location hidden

#2181 Mar 21, 2013
I got a better one for ya
I believe for at least the last 10 years, most American made vehicles have the fuel filter in the fuel tank.It just does'nt make sense to me.
Another reason for fuel pump failure. When that filter is restricted the pump works harder....until it fails.
You might as well replace the pump when replacing the filter.
And why don't they make a 'trap' door or panel to gain access to the top of the tank where you would'nt have to drop it?
Some vehicles do.

Location hidden

#2182 Mar 21, 2013
I never understood why my Father never had anything to drink while eating. I thought it was custom. He always had a cup of coffee afterward. Well it is said that you should'nt have to 'wash' down your food if you eat slow enough and don't take too much at once.
You're saliva should always be enough.

I never knew anyone that did'nt have a drink with their meal.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2183 Mar 21, 2013
middleman1 wrote:
<quoted text>I always thought gasohol ate up that sock but I could'nt find anything on it.
That's one of the reasons it was so short lived.
http://www.bkkriders.com/gasohol.html
btw....Never fuel-up when a tanker is making a drop.
Everything gets churned-up including the water.
Another reason to never run low.
An inch of water is actually good in an underground tank, as water and fuel don't mix....keeping the garbage in the water at the bottom.
That's a couple of excellent tips.

As for alcohol in fuel? That's more common than you think-- what changed, was laws forcing the fuel sales people to report it.

What alcohol did, was eat up natural rubber and most synthetic rubber too-- such that, any fuel system that used natural/synthetic O rings to keep it tight? Would fail. Another point of failure, was in-tank fuel pumps using the classic brown-colored lacquer as insulation on the copper windings of the motor. Again, alcohol would eat that away, making the pump fail.

Modern autos are pretty much made with alcohol-proof fuel systems these days, fortunately.

I suppose it came from running racing engines: most racing uses pure alcohol-based fuels for various reasons (safety, mostly) and the industry had to figure out how to deal with it.

That knowledge trickled down to passenger cars.

The only real issue, is if you own a classic automobile, and the carburetor's internal parts typically cannot stand the corrosive effects of alcohol fuels.

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2184 Mar 21, 2013
middleman1 wrote:
And where do you think that garbage and water comes from?
why
The tanker/tankers themselves!
I have no doubt of that at all.:)

Another source for water? Improperly vented tanks, such that atmospheric air can get down into them, as the fuel is drained/sold.

The underground tanks are at a fairly constant temperature (cool) but if warm, humid summer air is permitted to enter unchecked? And the tank is mostly empty? The cooler environment of the tank will condense the water vapor down inside there... a properly vented tanking system uses desiccant in the vents, which absorbs the moisture allowing only dry air into the tank...

... another reason not to purchase from fly-by-night stations...

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

#2185 Mar 21, 2013
middleman1 wrote:
I never understood why my Father never had anything to drink while eating. I thought it was custom. He always had a cup of coffee afterward. Well it is said that you should'nt have to 'wash' down your food if you eat slow enough and don't take too much at once.
You're saliva should always be enough.
I never knew anyone that did'nt have a drink with their meal.
He's unusual. Alas, my system makes insufficient "juice" to permit comfortable swallowing, unless the food is already moist (such as soup or breakfast cereal-with-milk).

As such, I literally cannot enjoy a meal, without some water or other liquids along with.

My drink of choice, is cold, iced tea--plain, with no added sugar.:D

Alas Fat America has changed things here in the Midwest, such that I have to carefully specify "no sugar" in my tea, else I get "tea" so sweet it is indistinguishable from table syrup.... suitable for pouring over waffles, even.

:D

The Borderland of Sol

#2186 Mar 21, 2013
<quoted text>
He's unusual. Alas, my system makes insufficient "juice" to permit comfortable swallowing, unless the food is already moist (such as soup or breakfast cereal-with-milk).
As such, I literally cannot enjoy a meal, without some water or other liquids along with.
My drink of choice, is cold, iced tea--plain, with no added sugar.:D
Alas Fat America has changed things here in the Midwest, such that I have to carefully specify "no sugar" in my tea, else I get "tea" so sweet it is indistinguishable from table syrup.... suitable for pouring over waffles, even.
:D
Beer.

It's not just for breakfast any more.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#2187 Mar 27, 2013
Hey everybody,
Sorry I missed the last few meetings ...been feeling kinda down ...global warming I guess, or maybe it was the Chinese ...no-no, I bet it was them damn Baptists down the street.

Anyway, a cold beer and a little target practice ought'a fix me rite up ...if'in I can just remember what I did with the key to the locker ...

The Borderland of Sol

#2188 Mar 28, 2013
hick-up wrote:
Hey everybody,
Sorry I missed the last few meetings ...been feeling kinda down ...global warming I guess, or maybe it was the Chinese ...no-no, I bet it was them damn Baptists down the street.
Anyway, a cold beer and a little target practice ought'a fix me rite up ...if'in I can just remember what I did with the key to the locker ...
I have 'em. Here ya go!

Nice to see you back.
Go blow sumpm up.

hick-up

“squuuze me”

Since: Feb 09

Florida, USA

#2189 Mar 30, 2013

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#2190 Mar 30, 2013
I miss my peeps <<hugs>>

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2191 Mar 30, 2013
Just popping in to say Have a Happy Easter with much Happiness.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 3 min Mogadore 994,100
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 6 min NotSoDivineMsM 60,332
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min PadMark 695,740
Is America 'Mystery Babylon,' mentioned in the ... 16 min Paul really ist tot 16
Prove there is No God 1 hr Andre_Ron 1
Never thought I'd see the day...when............. 6 hr Doctor REALITY 6
News US may never see another spiritual leader like ... 12 hr Doctor REALITY 2
wierd situation with my mom. (Jul '14) Feb 19 Pimpy 23
More from around the web