First Hoplite Church

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2067 Dec 1, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I once injured myself using a spatula.
Erm, the question that springs instantly to my mind - what the hell were you using it FOR?

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#2068 Dec 1, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Erm, the question that springs instantly to my mind - what the hell were you using it FOR?
Uh....<blush>

The Borderland of Sol

#2069 Dec 1, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh....<blush>
Oh, bother.

Never mind.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2070 Dec 1, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Water boils at a lower temperature at high altitude, so things cook more slowly up there. Leave 'em on a bit longer.
As for cast-iron, I love the stuff - once it's seasoned, nothing ever sticks to it. Just wipe with a paper towel and warm soapy water - don't ever scrub it.
It takes longer to heat up, too, but it's a wonderfully even heat. No worries about hot spots.
Plus, it's bulletproof, and handy for braining intruders.
I know that foods cook slower up here due to high up I am.I have alot of cast iorn plum down to tea kettle.I like it too,cooked out of it for years now.laughing over the intruders I would dish them up a huge plate of food watch them eat it and then watch them have to sleep it off.lol That how you Calm down a beast.Beside that no one would want me lol so is no problem lol.I have nothing of value.Is no danger of me ever having to use one of those cast iorn skillets.lol lol

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2071 Dec 1, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the tips here.I live in a high altitude area too expect this would make a differences too.Can you tell me if cast iorn cook ware would make a difference too.Do not know about the temperature of them as my cook ware is cast iorn.This should be some kind of adventure for me.Just hope I do not start burning things up learning.
I have a full set of cast iron cookware. Wouldn't exchange it for anything in the world. It's great for crusty breads, too.
Nothing like an iron griddle to make pancakes. Heck, I've even made crepes in the small one. If you have a swap meet or antiques store near you, you might find some used ones. Just make sure they're 'cured' before you try to use them.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2072 Dec 1, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Water boils at a lower temperature at high altitude, so things cook more slowly up there. Leave 'em on a bit longer.
As for cast-iron, I love the stuff - once it's seasoned, nothing ever sticks to it. Just wipe with a paper towel and warm soapy water - don't ever scrub it.
It takes longer to heat up, too, but it's a wonderfully even heat. No worries about hot spots.
Plus, it's bulletproof, and handy for braining intruders.
I agree on all of the above.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2073 Dec 1, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh....<blush>
Oh, my imagination is doing double-time.

Location hidden

#2074 Dec 1, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I have a full set of cast iron cookware. Wouldn't exchange it for anything in the world. It's great for crusty breads, too.
Nothing like an iron griddle to make pancakes. Heck, I've even made crepes in the small one. If you have a swap meet or antiques store near you, you might find some used ones. Just make sure they're 'cured' before you try to use them.
I got alot of cast iron almost every size and shape.I make cakes and breads all the time in mine.I made pancakes this morning on mine and I also grill steaks and cook the tortillas on the grill too.I also use alot of stoneware and pottery in my kitchen.Have the big crocks that hold potatoes and onions and the smaller ones for coffee and sugar with crock lids.Of course food around this joint does not last long.

I have a ball going to auctions,and hitting the antique stores and rumage sales.I found alot of antigues at theses sales for just afew dollars.I have things made of marble too.I like things that last a long time or well built to last.

The Borderland of Sol

#2075 Dec 1, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, my imagination is doing double-time.
Mine walked off the job.

Location hidden

#2076 Dec 2, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Mine walked off the job.
The sign read spatula,blush,bother,imigation ,with that I hit bumpy road.

Another sign read take detour quick,bridge out.lol lol

You and NW have a good day.Laters

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2077 Dec 2, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Mine walked off the job.
It was probably because of those links given to you by Kait. I understand.

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2078 Dec 2, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
The sign read spatula,blush,bother,imigation ,with that I hit bumpy road.
Another sign read take detour quick,bridge out.lol lol
You and NW have a good day.Laters
Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are.

Location hidden

#2079 Dec 2, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are.
Warning watch for those cyber signs wn.One big sivler back comes along blushin with a spatula in hand whizin by and all sudden the rock rolls off the hill with bother written all over it then a pretty diamond with imagination written all over it you bet that road got bummy fast.Was time to throw my rig into thirteen gear and take that detours sign.Bridge out silver back critter broke it with spatula.lol lol Just playin as usural.

(honey is waiting on honey to get up so we can be together)

The Borderland of Sol

#2080 Dec 2, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> It was probably because of those links given to you by Kait. I understand.
Good grief, you don't open those, do you?
Even I dare not!

*helpless laughter*

“Live Love Laugh”

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2081 Dec 2, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Good grief, you don't open those, do you?
Even I dare not!
*helpless laughter*
I learned quite some time ago not to. But then she posted some stuff that was talked about later that I missed 'cause I was askeert to open her links.

The Borderland of Sol

#2082 Dec 2, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>I learned quite some time ago not to. But then she posted some stuff that was talked about later that I missed 'cause I was askeert to open her links.
We should set up some sorta code so she can tell us what's safe.

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Orlando

#2083 Dec 4, 2012
I had to come visit, dip my toes in so to speak, just to get some normalcy on Topix.

<<deep breath>>

Okay....back into the fray!

The Borderland of Sol

#2084 Dec 4, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
I had to come visit, dip my toes in so to speak, just to get some normalcy on Topix.
<<deep breath>>
Okay....back into the fray!
Easy, friend, easy.

The open bar is in the narthex. Just remember to tip the girls.

“Hippie Witch”

Location hidden

#2085 Dec 4, 2012
Wanted to say a quick hello to my friends...beta Mac and WN :-)

“Hippie Witch”

Location hidden

#2086 Dec 4, 2012
Phaerae wrote:
Wanted to say a quick hello to my friends...beta Mac and WN :-)
Lol...stupid auto correct. "Heya"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min hojo 658,667
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 5 min lightbeamrider 70,765
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 11 min JohnInLa 44
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min Peter Ross 445,532
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 41 min Internet Reality 45,610
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 48 min Johnny 5,005
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr The Hangman 974,715
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 282,973
More from around the web