First Hoplite Church

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2046 Nov 28, 2012
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Not sure that much of anything other than boiling water would pass my test’s, and even that is questionable. I decided to make spaghetti and garlic bread as our first meal on the new range. I had the humbling experience of surpassing my past all time kitchen low. I did not take into account that the glass top would cook differently than a coil top….<<whispers>> I burnt the noodles. How does one do that? Grumbles…..
Hey Water, good to read you my friend!
Congraduations on the new stove.I know nothing about thoses type of stoves.I do not know what you was doin when thoses noodles burnt lol lol I would not even adventure a quess either lol lol but what ever it was must been mighty interesting at the moment.Yum Yum lol.
just messin and playin with you.Have a good day.

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2047 Nov 28, 2012
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Not sure that much of anything other than boiling water would pass my test’s, and even that is questionable. I decided to make spaghetti and garlic bread as our first meal on the new range. I had the humbling experience of surpassing my past all time kitchen low. I did not take into account that the glass top would cook differently than a coil top….<<whispers>> I burnt the noodles. How does one do that? Grumbles…..
Hey Water, good to read you my friend!
I don't know how one does that, but it was an accomplishment worthy of an award of some sort.

Might I suggest you go to your nearest Dollar General and invest in a $1 timer? I use the timer on my stove most of the time if I have something that needs to be cooked for 'x' amount of time. If I have bread in the oven and something on top of the stove, I also use one of those DG timers so both things will be timed.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#2048 Nov 28, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know how one does that, but it was an accomplishment worthy of an award of some sort.
Might I suggest you go to your nearest Dollar General and invest in a $1 timer? I use the timer on my stove most of the time if I have something that needs to be cooked for 'x' amount of time. If I have bread in the oven and something on top of the stove, I also use one of those DG timers so both things will be timed.
Smoke alarm's a good idea as a backup.

*sorry*

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#2049 Nov 29, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Yah, those glass/ceramic stovetops are a lot more responsive that the older ones. Yer gonna love it, though - or hubby will.
I think I am getting it down….The cooking surface seems to be much hotter, even at the lower settings. Honey loves it, he and the boys made sugar cookies from scratch last night. I think he is insuring that if they end up with a woman that cooks like me….they won’t starve ;O)

Ann Arbor, MI

#2050 Nov 29, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Congraduations on the new stove.I know nothing about thoses type of stoves.I do not know what you was doin when thoses noodles burnt lol lol I would not even adventure a quess either lol lol but what ever it was must been mighty interesting at the moment.Yum Yum lol.
just messin and playin with you.Have a good day.
Thank you lil. The only thing I can think is that it was turned up to high and the bottom noodles got to hot. There was plenty of water, so it was surprising to me when I strained the water that the bottom ones were burned. I can cook….its just not something that I do with a guaranteed outcome, and is a nonstop inspiration for joke’s ;O)

Ann Arbor, MI

#2051 Nov 29, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know how one does that, but it was an accomplishment worthy of an award of some sort.
Getting the hang of it I think….I have a few dinners under my belt now, and I think its that the surface temperature gets much hotter at lower settings than our old one did. I find it hilarious that my defense most of the time is,“At least I can cook Hot dogs and Mac & cheese!” As a *joke*….and the first thing I burn on the new stove, noodles…sigh.

Hey Water! Good to read you. How are things in your slice of the world my friend?

Ann Arbor, MI

#2052 Nov 29, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Smoke alarm's a good idea as a backup.
*sorry*
We have ample smoke alarms and fire extinguishers for strange some reason…..

*sniff*

;O)

Location hidden

#2053 Nov 29, 2012
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you lil. The only thing I can think is that it was turned up to high and the bottom noodles got to hot. There was plenty of water, so it was surprising to me when I strained the water that the bottom ones were burned. I can cook….its just not something that I do with a guaranteed outcome, and is a nonstop inspiration for joke’s ;O)
I be in trouble fast with the type of stove you have,Lost for sure.
Honestly do not know a thing about thoses type of stoves.Your most probably right about this.I'll share how I cook thoses noodle.Water of course just a dash of cooking oil,dash of salt and noodles set to cook but keep in mind everyone cooks differently.I have a idea you are a good cook plus your a good sport over the playin and messin with you.Fellows tend to hang out where the cookin is good.

Location hidden

#2054 Nov 29, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Smoke alarm's a good idea as a backup.
*sorry*
Thinking outloud again.lol Me thinks you should have asked for a sugar cookie.

Location hidden

#2055 Nov 29, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
I been giving that timer some thinkin.Think I gonna spurge and get myself one for my kitchen.Sure save footsteps running to and from the oven.Old habits are hard to break I probably forget to set the timer gonna give it a whirl anyway.

The Borderland of Sol

#2056 Nov 29, 2012
NoStress4me wrote:
<quoted text>
We have ample smoke alarms and fire extinguishers for strange some reason…..
*sniff*
;O)
Laffin.

The Borderland of Sol

#2057 Nov 29, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thinking outloud again.lol Me thinks you should have asked for a sugar cookie.
Prolly too late now...

“Live Love Laugh”

Since: Aug 07

Rings of Saturn Emporium

#2058 Dec 1, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
I been giving that timer some thinkin.Think I gonna spurge and get myself one for my kitchen.Sure save footsteps running to and from the oven.Old habits are hard to break I probably forget to set the timer gonna give it a whirl anyway.
Once you get used to using a timer, your life simplifies exponentially! I still check on things like bread/cakes/pies, but for almost everything else I've got the timer thing down to an art form. What you'll find after starting to use a timer is that each range cooks slightly differently. The oven I have now bakes faster than the one I had before. Therefore, I have to lower the temp 5-10 degrees for certain things to make sure they bake correctly. You'd be amazed at how much better things turn out when the temp is correct and you can help find out whether it is or not by using a timer. Noodles, too!

“Nihil curo de ista tua stulta ”

Since: May 08

Orlando

#2059 Dec 1, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
A hoplite was a citizen-soldier of the Ancient Greek City-states. Hoplites were primarily armed as spear-men and fought in a phalanx formation. The word hoplite derives from hoplon, the type of the shield used by the troopers,[1] although as a word "hoplon" could also denote weapons held or even full armament.
I once injured myself using a spatula.

“Mercury bubbles blast!”

Since: Mar 11

Mercury

#2060 Dec 1, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't ever use a knife then, for your safety.

Location hidden

#2061 Dec 1, 2012
water_nymph wrote:
<quoted text>Once you get used to using a timer, your life simplifies exponentially! I still check on things like bread/cakes/pies, but for almost everything else I've got the timer thing down to an art form. What you'll find after starting to use a timer is that each range cooks slightly differently. The oven I have now bakes faster than the one I had before. Therefore, I have to lower the temp 5-10 degrees for certain things to make sure they bake correctly. You'd be amazed at how much better things turn out when the temp is correct and you can help find out whether it is or not by using a timer. Noodles, too!
Thanks for the tips here.I live in a high altitude area too expect this would make a differences too.Can you tell me if cast iorn cook ware would make a difference too.Do not know about the temperature of them as my cook ware is cast iorn.This should be some kind of adventure for me.Just hope I do not start burning things up learning.

Location hidden

#2062 Dec 1, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that a silver back critter sitting in the cornor of your post??

Are you going to share your adventurious injury with that spatula or keep me guessing???

Location hidden

#2063 Dec 1, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Prolly too late now...
Well as long as your not late for the important events that's what counts the most.

The Borderland of Sol

#2065 Dec 1, 2012
lil whispers wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for the tips here.I live in a high altitude area too expect this would make a differences too.Can you tell me if cast iorn cook ware would make a difference too.Do not know about the temperature of them as my cook ware is cast iorn.This should be some kind of adventure for me.Just hope I do not start burning things up learning.
Water boils at a lower temperature at high altitude, so things cook more slowly up there. Leave 'em on a bit longer.

As for cast-iron, I love the stuff - once it's seasoned, nothing ever sticks to it. Just wipe with a paper towel and warm soapy water - don't ever scrub it.

It takes longer to heat up, too, but it's a wonderfully even heat. No worries about hot spots.

Plus, it's bulletproof, and handy for braining intruders.

The Borderland of Sol

#2066 Dec 1, 2012
Kong_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome, Brother Kong. You'll find the principles of the Church laid out in the Opening Post.
Note that they're subject to change at my or Bishop Nymph's whim.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 7 min Liam 603,753
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 7 min Buck Crick 881,503
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 8 min dollarsbill 8,385
You want REAL PROOF that God is REAL??! 28 min Doctor REALITY 9
The Christian Atheist debate 45 min Lbj 4,127
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 54 min sangili karuppan 7,700
News The Latest: Husband: Kentucky clerk is 'standin... 1 hr Lbj 28
More from around the web