Police Apologize, Drop Charge Vs. She...

Police Apologize, Drop Charge Vs. Sheehan

There are 172 comments on the The Dispatch story from Feb 1, 2006, titled Police Apologize, Drop Charge Vs. Sheehan. In it, The Dispatch reports that:

Activist Cindy Sheehan of the Gold Star Families for Peace participates on a panel calling for the impeachment of President.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Dispatch.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Bill

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Feb 1, 2006
Let's face it Cindy did this to get more publicity and she is getting it. The lady is the biggest phony I ever saw next to (never work-always vacation) Kerry.

I am so tired of hearing about her in the news.
LARRY

AOL

#2 Feb 2, 2006
Why do you call this grieving mother a phony? Because FOX News, Rush, Hannity or others of their ilk said so!
And how about the Republican Reps wife.......Jones. I suppose it is OK for her to have "Freedom of Speech" with per "Support the Troops" t-shirt. And she wasn't even handcuffed. Both women spoke for the troops. At least Sheehan's T-shirt acknowledge how many of our soldiers have died, because of Bush's damn lies. You know........the sniveling coward, that hides the bodies arriving back in their body bags.

I sick and tired of people like you, that believe the only ones in this country that have a right to voice their opinions are the right-wing fanatics.

And I bet you call yourself a patriot! ROFLMAO
Pamela

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Feb 5, 2006
And some think if you bake them some cookies and show them we are nice people they will not attack us. LOL
underwookie

Reno, NV

#4 Feb 5, 2006
Pamela wrote:
And some think if you bake them some cookies and show them we are nice people they will not attack us. LOL
If I was a foriegn citizen I would attack us for what we have done in the world. Pamela we are not nice people and the attacks that have been made on us are justifiable. We would have no problem justifying them if the roles were reversed.

If we reform our ways (just as we tell everyone else they need to do) we would not get attacked. I can't find anything funny about that.
noneamerican

Barcelona, Spain

#5 Feb 5, 2006
underwookie be ashamed you belong to acountry that still has the courage of its convictions you should be proud that your country trys to protect and nourish the weak and the voicless from the tyranys they live under i celebrate the day they american peacekeepers setfoot in my country
Lance Winslow

Bellevue, WA

#6 Feb 5, 2006
I can only imagine what her son is thinking looking down on these shenanigans. What a way to go, fighting for your country and your fellow soldiers and then having your name used for something you would never have approved of once you were gone. Cindy has dishonored her son's name and his fellow soldiers. What a travesty indeed.
Proud American

United States

#7 Feb 6, 2006
Larry,

Why do you completely ignore facts? Why is it that people, like you, who don't like Bush will say anything to try to belittle him? Do you realize how foolish it makes you look? Or don't you care?

The FACTS are:
Bush didn't lie.
We are in a war, and people, mostly soldiers, die in wars.
The reps wife was removed too.

You really ought to try to curb your vitriolic rants, they make moderate people run to the other side.

Just a thought.
Neil

AOL

#9 Feb 7, 2006
Pamela wrote:
Try educating yourself on the facts, before posting crap about cookies.
felixanywayatyah oo

Caracas, Venezuela

#10 Feb 7, 2006
Bill wrote:
Let's face it Cindy did this to get more publicity and she is getting it. The lady is the biggest phony I ever saw next to (never work-always vacation) Kerry.

my friend you may get the hang of it she is here to stay she has my vote on it
Art

United States

#11 Feb 11, 2006
This is not directed at Bill.
Some important facts are:

1. Close to 2400 servicemen have died in the war. More than that number would have died of natural causes and traffic accidents not related to the war.

2. All of our military personnel are volunteers and knew a war was possible.

3. Bush may have not lied about WMD's but he is responsible to verify the information is accurate before taking action.

4. Bush is now developing plans to attack Iran if UN doesn't impose sanctions.

Although I don't support Sheenan's position, I support her right to protest.
President Bush has voiced his opinion to involve the US in military action around the world, invited or not, while at the same time cutting funds to the Veteran's Hospitals across the country.
Try to put these facts together and come to your own conclusion.
steve

Olympia, WA

#12 Feb 20, 2006
underwookie wrote:
<quoted text>

If I was a foriegn citizen I would attack us for what we have done in the world. Pamela we are not nice people and the attacks that have been made on us are justifiable. We would have no problem justifying them if the roles were reversed.

If we reform our ways (just as we tell everyone else they need to do) we would not get attacked. I can't find anything funny about that.
Stop Bashing the USA. We represent the free people of the world. Only dictators and communists run evil governments. People like you should move to places where people are oppressed and make a difference. You don't deserve your freedom.
parlo

Bronx, NY

#13 Feb 20, 2006
steve wrote:
<quoted text>

Stop Bashing the USA. We represent the free people of the world. Only dictators and communists run evil governments. People like you should move to places where people are oppressed and make a difference. You don't deserve your freedom.
You leave out the fact that many dictators are supported by the US. I love this country, I believe in all it stands for. Your revision of history however, is hard to grasp.
Shane Matthews

Canada

#14 Feb 26, 2006
LARRY wrote:
Why do you call this grieving mother a phony? Because FOX News, Rush, Hannity or others of their ilk said so!
And how about the Republican Reps wife.......Jones. I suppose it is OK for her to have "Freedom of Speech" with per "Support the Troops" t-shirt. And she wasn't even handcuffed. Both women spoke for the troops. At least Sheehan's T-shirt acknowledge how many of our soldiers have died, because of Bush's damn lies. You know........the sniveling coward, that hides the bodies arriving back in their body bags.

I sick and tired of people like you, that believe the only ones in this country that have a right to voice their opinions are the right-wing fanatics.

And I bet you call yourself a patriot! ROFLMAO
Most grieving mothers have the grace, dignity, and decency to grieve in private, Larry. Using it as a pulpit from which to preach is kind of revolting. And both women were asked to change out of the offending garments or leave, as they violated a rule against sloganeering in that place that has been in place for some time. Probably Jones was not handcuffed because Jones does not have a record of civil disobedience.

Sheehan is acting solely out of her own selfish motives, thinking her personal tragedy gives her some kind of moral authority to dictate to the nation. She's a shameless media whore who thrives in the spotlight; so long as it shines on her, she grows like a weed. But swivel it away and watch--she'll chase after it like a junkie looking for a fix.

By the way, I don't give a tin shit what you're sick and tired of. At least Right-wingers manage to express their opinions without filling the streets with hundreds of thousands of hooligans, burning people in effigy, erecting barricades, jostling people in the streets, chanting mindlessly at the top of their lungs, and in general acting like a bunch of four-year-olds. The stark contrast in civil disobedience between the RNC and DNC is Exhibit A. So go crawl back under your rock.
Shane Matthews

Canada

#15 Feb 26, 2006
underwookie wrote:
<quoted text>

More self-hating from the liberal self-hater. If you hate yourself and us so much, Underwookie, why don't you defect to Iran? I'm sure you'll find their ways so much more wholesome. Of course, you'll have to give up just about every freedom you currently take for granted, but that's a small price to pay for feeling good about yourself.
Shane Matthews

Canada

#16 Feb 26, 2006
parlo wrote:
<quoted text>You leave out the fact that many dictators are supported by the US. I love this country, I believe in all it stands for. Your revision of history however, is hard to grasp.
Yes, many dictators are supported by the U.S., because the alternatives are even worse. If you had two tin-hatted tyrants vying for control of a strategically important country, and one was campaigning on a promise to stop the flow of fuel to America, while the other one promised to keep fuel flowing to America, which one would YOU prefer to see running things?

Of course, if we could manufacture all our own fuel and come up with a substitute for crude petroleum, it wouldn't be necessary. But then that leaves countries building nuclear weapons, countries that deny other countries' right to exist, countries that set the Persian Gulf on fire and slaughter whole ethnicities to keep their macho image intact...well, you get the picture.

Being policeman for the world ain't easy. If someone else offers to do it, let me know.
Jen

Goleta, CA

#17 Feb 26, 2006
I support the troops (who don't really have a choice in the matter); however I am against the war. I just wanted to make a comment about this part of your post:
Proud American wrote:
Larry,

Why do you completely ignore facts? Why is it that people, like you, who don't like Bush will say anything to try to belittle him? Do you realize how foolish it makes you look? Or don't you care?

The FACTS are:
Bush didn't lie.
Yes over 2,000 soldiers have died fighting this war, which is an absolute tragedy...However, people tend to ignore the fact that we are not over there fighting Iraq's army. I don't condone what the terrorists are doing in any way because it is horrible; however, at least tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi citizens have been killed by our troops. It seems that it is convenient to ignore since our army refuses to keep track of the death toll and the media turns a blind eye. These are innocent people being killed just as innocent people were killed in the terrorist attacks of 9/11 and it is an absolute travesty that people refuse to acknowledge this...
Shane Matthews

Canada

#18 Feb 27, 2006
Jen wrote:
I support the troops (who don't really have a choice in the matter); however I am against the war. I just wanted to make a comment about this part of your post:

<quoted text>

Yes over 2,000 soldiers have died fighting this war, which is an absolute tragedy...However, people tend to ignore the fact that we are not over there fighting Iraq's army. I don't condone what the terrorists are doing in any way because it is horrible; however, at least tens of thousands of innocent Iraqi citizens have been killed by our troops. It seems that it is convenient to ignore since our army refuses to keep track of the death toll and the media turns a blind eye. These are innocent people being killed just as innocent people were killed in the terrorist attacks of 9/11 and it is an absolute travesty that people refuse to acknowledge this...
Actually, Jen, it seems highly likely that most of the civilians killed in Iraq since 2003 have been killed through terrorist action. There have been civilian battle casualties, but then, you're not supposed to locate military hardware and personnel in close proximity to residential areas. The terrorists are even hiding armouries in schoolyards and playgrounds. And given that virtually everyone in Iraq has a gun, it would be impossible for the terrorists to enjoy this much freedom of movement without the support of at least some of the local population.
Racetrack0

Tacoma, WA

#19 Feb 28, 2006
Art wrote:
2. All of our military personnel are volunteers and knew a war was possible.
Not necessarily true. My step-father is a pediatrician in the air force, and if he hadn't had medical conditions preventing deployment, would've been mobilized and sent to Iraq - not because he chose to, but because they ran out of people that chose to and had to start mobilizing even high-ranking officers (he's O-5) just to fill the gaps.
Shane Matthews

Canada

#20 Mar 1, 2006
Racetrack0 wrote:
<quoted text>

Not necessarily true. My step-father is a pediatrician in the air force, and if he hadn't had medical conditions preventing deployment, would've been mobilized and sent to Iraq - not because he chose to, but because they ran out of people that chose to and had to start mobilizing even high-ranking officers (he's O-5) just to fill the gaps.
If you enlist, you accept the possibility of deployment. If you don't wish to be deployed, don't enlist.
bobb0

United States

#21 Mar 2, 2006
Proud American wrote:

The FACTS are:
Bush didn't lie.
The reps wife was removed too.

You may wish to check 'The Facts'
Please give us a couple of examples of a war where more soldiers than civilians died.
Either you are ignorant of the facts, refuse to acknowledge history or just subscribe to the 'Tell a really big lie theory'.
Who looks foolish?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 626,973
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 9 min Lbj 14,131
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 1 hr Karma is a_______ 950,191
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr RiccardoFire 615,651
You are of your 'father'.......the devil 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
The next U.N. leader in the Hauge, Netherlands 1 hr Doctor REALITY 2
Volunteer's required to tribute pics of my boob... 1 hr Thereyou60 1
More from around the web