Empire State Building Celebrates 75th...

Empire State Building Celebrates 75th Birthday

There are 7 comments on the WINS-AM New York story from Apr 29, 2006, titled Empire State Building Celebrates 75th Birthday. In it, WINS-AM New York reports that:

Born in the Great Depression, it has weathered economic hardship, world war, labor strikes, murder, terrorist fears, and even its own plane crash.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WINS-AM New York.

cktirumalai

Centreville, VA

#2 Apr 30, 2006
New York's other Statue of Liberty--an architectural one. Clean and aspiring.
Best Wishes to Fourdownmoretogo in Vancouver.
Pauline

Ripley, Canada

#3 Apr 30, 2006
cktirumalai wrote:
New York's other Statue of Liberty--an architectural one. Clean and aspiring.
Best Wishes to Fourdownmoretogo in Vancouver.
For such a young building , it contains a great deal of history,
imagine the skill of the 3400 Indian Ironworkers who built this inspiration !
DWR

Wichita, KS

#4 Apr 30, 2006
Pauline wrote:
<quoted text>
For such a young building , it contains a great deal of history,
imagine the skill of the 3400 Indian Ironworkers who built this inspiration !
Were they indian? Dont think I ever heard, if so cool. Whoever they were, they did a good job.
DWR

Wichita, KS

#5 Apr 30, 2006
fourdownmoretogo wrote:
My God am I so old, born 1932 my body keeps on going and it is only made from hydro carbon and water with trace elements. The miracle is not the buildings that we make, but the genetic building blocks that make us.My mother 92 is still alive.
Life is a wondrous thing. Don't waste it with drugs and too much stress. have a long life.
We can agree on this if not much else,long life to you as well.:-)
DWR

Wichita, KS

#7 Apr 30, 2006
Chief Eagle Feather wrote:
Yes they were Mohawk from the First Nations reserve Canada (and New York state)They were not scared of heights.And we are not Indians. They live in India. We are first nations people. The real owners of this great land. All the rest of you are immigrants. When you first came here you would have starved to death in the winter but we helped you. Did you help us after that?
We found out you were viruses and microbes infecting our way of life. Now you have taken all that was ours and give us MacDonald hamburgers (if we pay) Yuk!
I say again cool, They did a great job, as for the rest. Well we could get into a debate, say alot that has already been said, then go away still disagreeing on all of it. and it will not make any difference in the long term. So what's the point. Anyway have a great day.
Bryan
#8 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Vanni

UK

#9 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/PJZwMF only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How did black people get here ( economically) 8 min LEAVE AMERICA 42
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing (Mar '17) 10 min Clearwater 35,936
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 35 min RFD 619,808
What was the Vegas mass murderer's REAL problem? 47 min RFD 12
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr BOBB AKA BOBB 688,410
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 hr Insults Are Easier 988,347
Chinese are dishonest, greedy and cold-blooded. (Jan '14) 5 hr Doctor REALITY 55
More from around the web