What can we all do to produce racial ...

What can we all do to produce racial harmony

Posted in the Top Stories Forum

“Not Austrian, don't start!”

Since: Apr 07

Bedford, UK

#1 Jul 5, 2007
Idea of "Dave", who is also getting fed up with the "Why do blacks" threads. Great idea Dave, so I'm going to have dinner now, then I'll come back and write my opinion on what we can do to produce racial harmony.

“Cats are angels in furry coats”

Since: May 07

In memory of my Sophia

#2 Jul 5, 2007
Live and let live.:) Good topic!

“Not Austrian, don't start!”

Since: Apr 07

Bedford, UK

#3 Jul 5, 2007
Funny how the level of debate in racist topics are high, but hardly anybody is seeing what they should be seeing...

We are all humans. A multicultural society is what makes a great country. America should be proud if that, but what do some of the citizens do? They question attitudes of people with a different skincolour. As if someone with a different skincolour has a total different way of thinking.

America has contributed in the destruction of the Nazi empire. Nazi's who killed thousands of people, only because they were Jewish. The Germans has put them in concentrationcamps, after they were first put in ghettos. Jewish people were unable to get certain jobs, and we treated like animals. Very much the same way blacks were treated in USA 1950's. One men vowed to put an end to this, Martin Luther King, and he did in small ways. Blacks were given more rights. But in 2007 not all problems have dissappeared. They were put in ghettos, and they had to sort themselves out. There are still companies out there, In the USA as well as in Europe that refuse to take people on because of the skincolour. The only way these people could and can survive is to resort to crime, and one thing leads to the other, and you get racist riots...

Solution:

Any applicant that gets turn down for a job because of skincolour will report this to authorities, who will then investigate, and shut the company down if this is proven true.

Stop putting people in ghettos. Mix them. If a true racist doesn't like living next to black person, send him away to Eastern-Europe, where there hardly are any. There is no room for racists in multicultural countries like USA and countries in western-Europe.

Make racism illegal, in 2007 people should not judge on skincolour. Imprisonment is the only way for racists, because they are the ones that are getting your country down.
oops

United States

#4 Jul 5, 2007
Road wrote:
Idea of "Dave", who is also getting fed up with the "Why do blacks" threads. Great idea Dave, so I'm going to have dinner now, then I'll come back and write my opinion on what we can do to produce racial harmony.
There is no such thing as "peace."

Never has and never will be.

The word peace means "an absence of all againstment."

“Not Austrian, don't start!”

Since: Apr 07

Bedford, UK

#5 Jul 5, 2007
oops wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as "peace."
Never has and never will be.
The word peace means "an absence of all againstment."
Who said anything about peace?

“Cats are angels in furry coats”

Since: May 07

In memory of my Sophia

#6 Jul 5, 2007
oops wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no such thing as "peace."
Never has and never will be.
The word peace means "an absence of all againstment."
What dictionary did you use???? This is from www.dictionary.com

peace /pis/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pees] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, interjection, verb, peaced, peac·ing.
–noun 1. the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.
2.(often initial capital letter) an agreement or treaty between warring or antagonistic nations, groups, etc., to end hostilities and abstain from further fighting or antagonism: the Peace of Ryswick.
3. a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, esp. in personal relations: Try to live in peace with your neighbors.
4. the normal freedom from civil commotion and violence of a community; public order and security: He was arrested for being drunk and disturbing the peace.
5. cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension.
6. freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquillity; serenity.
7. a state of tranquillity or serenity: May he rest in peace.
8. a state or condition conducive to, proceeding from, or characterized by tranquillity: the peace of a mountain resort.
9. silence; stillness: The cawing of a crow broke the afternoon's peace.
10.(initial capital letter, italics) a comedy (421 b.c.) by Aristophanes.
–interjection 11.(used to express greeting or farewell or to request quietness or silence).
–verb (used without object) 12. Obsolete. to be or become silent.
—Idioms13. at peace, a. in a state or relationship of nonbelligerence or concord; not at war.
b. untroubled; tranquil; content.
c. deceased.

14. hold or keep one's peace, to refrain from or cease speaking; keep silent: He told her to hold her peace until he had finished.
15. keep the peace, to maintain order; cause to refrain from creating a disturbance: Several officers of the law were on hand to keep the peace.
16. make one's peace with, to become reconciled with: He repaired the fence he had broken and made his peace with the neighbor on whose property it stood.
17. make peace, to ask for or arrange a cessation of hostilities or antagonism.
oops

United States

#7 Jul 5, 2007
Mama-san wrote:
<quoted text>
What dictionary did you use???? This is from www.dictionary.com
peace /pis/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pees] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, interjection, verb, peaced, peac·ing.
–noun 1. the normal, nonwarring condition of a nation, group of nations, or the world.
2.(often initial capital letter) an agreement or treaty between warring or antagonistic nations, groups, etc., to end hostilities and abstain from further fighting or antagonism: the Peace of Ryswick.
3. a state of mutual harmony between people or groups, esp. in personal relations: Try to live in peace with your neighbors.
4. the normal freedom from civil commotion and violence of a community; public order and security: He was arrested for being drunk and disturbing the peace.
5. cessation of or freedom from any strife or dissension.
6. freedom of the mind from annoyance, distraction, anxiety, an obsession, etc.; tranquillity; serenity.
7. a state of tranquillity or serenity: May he rest in peace.
8. a state or condition conducive to, proceeding from, or characterized by tranquillity: the peace of a mountain resort.
9. silence; stillness: The cawing of a crow broke the afternoon's peace.
10.(initial capital letter, italics) a comedy (421 b.c.) by Aristophanes.
–interjection 11.(used to express greeting or farewell or to request quietness or silence).
–verb (used without object) 12. Obsolete. to be or become silent.
—Idioms13. at peace, a. in a state or relationship of nonbelligerence or concord; not at war.
b. untroubled; tranquil; content.
c. deceased.
14. hold or keep one's peace, to refrain from or cease speaking; keep silent: He told her to hold her peace until he had finished.
15. keep the peace, to maintain order; cause to refrain from creating a disturbance: Several officers of the law were on hand to keep the peace.
16. make one's peace with, to become reconciled with: He repaired the fence he had broken and made his peace with the neighbor on whose property it stood.
17. make peace, to ask for or arrange a cessation of hostilities or antagonism.
Mutual harmony? LOL, doesn't exist. All that is, is a bunch a people making compromises that really don't exist. Where neither side is happy. Absence of all againstment.

In order to be in agreement there can be no againstment. Never going to happen. BTW never has happened....I've got thousands of years of history that says it won't happen. What you got?

“Cats are angels in furry coats”

Since: May 07

In memory of my Sophia

#8 Jul 5, 2007
oops wrote:
<quoted text>
Mutual harmony? LOL, doesn't exist. All that is, is a bunch a people making compromises that really don't exist. Where neither side is happy. Absence of all againstment.
In order to be in agreement there can be no againstment. Never going to happen. BTW never has happened....I've got thousands of years of history that says it won't happen. What you got?
I'm not arguing anything but your definition of peace. I don't have the time today to go into a detailed rebuttal of some of your points, but I'll do so later, if you so desire.
Lord Shartsmore

Elwood, NJ

#9 Jul 5, 2007
we should probably start by making sure everyone's blood is red.

“Voters elect Big Bird”

Since: Jan 07

Dump American Eagle

#11 Jul 5, 2007
Road wrote:
Funny how the level of debate in racist topics are high, but hardly anybody is seeing what they should be seeing...
We are all humans. A multicultural society is what makes a great country. America should be proud if that, but what do some of the citizens do? They question attitudes of people with a different skincolour. As if someone with a different skincolour has a total different way of thinking.
America has contributed in the destruction of the Nazi empire. Nazi's who killed thousands of people, only because they were Jewish. The Germans has put them in concentrationcamps, after they were first put in ghettos. Jewish people were unable to get certain jobs, and we treated like animals. Very much the same way blacks were treated in USA 1950's. One men vowed to put an end to this, Martin Luther King, and he did in small ways. Blacks were given more rights. But in 2007 not all problems have dissappeared. They were put in ghettos, and they had to sort themselves out. There are still companies out there, In the USA as well as in Europe that refuse to take people on because of the skincolour. The only way these people could and can survive is to resort to crime, and one thing leads to the other, and you get racist riots...
Solution:
Any applicant that gets turn down for a job because of skincolour will report this to authorities, who will then investigate, and shut the company down if this is proven true.
Stop putting people in ghettos. Mix them. If a true racist doesn't like living next to black person, send him away to Eastern-Europe, where there hardly are any. There is no room for racists in multicultural countries like USA and countries in western-Europe.
Make racism illegal, in 2007 people should not judge on skincolour. Imprisonment is the only way for racists, because they are the ones that are getting your country down.
Road you make some good points. However some of what you suggest will not occur. Due to these facts:

1) There IS a law promoting equal opportunity in employment. It is followed by most companies. But in some smaller companies,say less than 25 employees,it is much harder to enforce. Due to the fact that most small business owners will NOT have the Gov't dictate that they hire someone when don't have the resources to do a background check. Or it is a family business. Why should they hire a stranger instead of a family member.

2) On the ghetto issue. No one put anyone anywhere. The "Ghettos" were in the beginning Gov't subsidised housing,or low rent tenements. Projects if you will. They became a magnet for the working poor. Also with the easy access to welfare for unwed Mothers it became a way of life for 2-3 generations. Single mothers with multiple children with multiple fathers. NO family cohesion. Kids left to raise themselves. An old saying comes to mind.

Piss Poor parenting Produces Piss Poor Progeny.

I know I watched it happen. Poverty isn't overcome by a handout,only by a hand up. Many have left the ghettos and improved their lives. Many others have chosen not too. As a result there is a subculture of drugs and gang instead of school and hope. Jobs left these blighted areas when employers felt they couldn't feel safe to operate a business.

3) Are you going to implement mood/thought control through legislation? How individuals feel towards others is a basic human instinct. Will you "mix" housing by lot? Alternate colors like a checkerboard in a neighborhood? You don't eliminate bigotry by passing laws. You kill it with education and familiarity with others from different backgrounds.

Hope this helps.

“Not Austrian, don't start!”

Since: Apr 07

Bedford, UK

#12 Jul 5, 2007
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>
Road you make some good points. However some of what you suggest will not occur. Due to these facts:
1) There IS a law promoting equal opportunity in employment. It is followed by most companies. But in some smaller companies,say less than 25 employees,it is much harder to enforce. Due to the fact that most small business owners will NOT have the Gov't dictate that they hire someone when don't have the resources to do a background check. Or it is a family business. Why should they hire a stranger instead of a family member.
2) On the ghetto issue. No one put anyone anywhere. The "Ghettos" were in the beginning Gov't subsidised housing,or low rent tenements. Projects if you will. They became a magnet for the working poor. Also with the easy access to welfare for unwed Mothers it became a way of life for 2-3 generations. Single mothers with multiple children with multiple fathers. NO family cohesion. Kids left to raise themselves. An old saying comes to mind.
Piss Poor parenting Produces Piss Poor Progeny.
I know I watched it happen. Poverty isn't overcome by a handout,only by a hand up. Many have left the ghettos and improved their lives. Many others have chosen not too. As a result there is a subculture of drugs and gang instead of school and hope. Jobs left these blighted areas when employers felt they couldn't feel safe to operate a business.
3) Are you going to implement mood/thought control through legislation? How individuals feel towards others is a basic human instinct. Will you "mix" housing by lot? Alternate colors like a checkerboard in a neighborhood? You don't eliminate bigotry by passing laws. You kill it with education and familiarity with others from different backgrounds.
Hope this helps.
It does help, thank you...

I am all against an overflow of legislation, like what's happening in the UK, we talked about that last weekend, however sometimes you do need to pass a lw on issues that are very sensitive, and may get out of control, like we are seeing on so many topix threads.

You made a very good point about education, I should have included that in my comment, probably even instead of my comments about work...

Why would people choose to stay in ghettos, while they have a chance of getting out of it, and improve their standards of life...But that's not a racial issue, that is a decision that people of all races need to make...
RayRay

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Jul 5, 2007
"stop putting people in the ghetto"?????? HA HA HA HA HA.....

Since WHEN has the government decided where any of us will live? I, for one, have never been told where I must live.... anyone else?

Soooo.... that means people put THEMSELVES in the ghetto, right? Just because you're poor doesn't mean you gotta choose to live in the ghetto. There are plenty of housing opportunities that are affordable and NON-ghetto.

How can we make racism illegal? How would you judge how someone feels in their heart?
SWK

Boca Raton, FL

#14 Jul 5, 2007
People aren't perfect so there will always
be racism and prejudices. There's always
something. But I think the American people
have done a great job in changing attitudes
over the last 1/2 century.
SWK

Boca Raton, FL

#15 Jul 5, 2007
How can we make racism illegal?
__________

Who would want laws passed telling
how you should think or what you can
say? Jesus! Anyone know what freedom of
speech means?
Valkyrian Ride

United States

#16 Jul 5, 2007
SWK wrote:
People aren't perfect so there will always
be racism and prejudices. There's always
something. But I think the American people
have done a great job in changing attitudes
over the last 1/2 century.
The only way to produce "racial harmony" is for the white man to get up and take his family and go move into the mountains, away from the black man. And one man who did that (Randy Weaver) was hunted down like an animal by the "Justice" Department.

“Bow Chika Wow Wow!”

Since: Feb 07

So Cal, O.C.

#17 Jul 5, 2007
RayRay wrote:
"stop putting people in the ghetto"?????? HA HA HA HA HA.....
Since WHEN has the government decided where any of us will live? I, for one, have never been told where I must live.... anyone else?
Soooo.... that means people put THEMSELVES in the ghetto, right? Just because you're poor doesn't mean you gotta choose to live in the ghetto. There are plenty of housing opportunities that are affordable and NON-ghetto.
How can we make racism illegal? How would you judge how someone feels in their heart?
The ghetto can be anywhere, lack of city funding to clean up, to many unsupervised youths tagging and spreading graffitti everywhere, out of control gangs terrorizing small towns. What a mess!
RayRay

Bowling Green, KY

#19 Jul 5, 2007
Why should the government have to pay people to clean up your own neightborhood? You should want to keep it clean for yourself. You're the one that has to live there. It doesn't take a lot of money to pick up after yourself...
frankCC

United States

#20 Jul 5, 2007
----It was along time ago---but you know that ----somewhere--there has always been -racial harmony---

---There will always be some black people that hate white people-----and there will always be some white people that hate black people. Who you are when you born only gives you the right to breath to live.

You are born-- and you begin to live---Then the thousand incidents of every day life begin to make you a racist---or keep you from becoming a racist--

So then--your peers and the ones that guide you have a hand in your direction---They can twist your mind to suit their agenda ...or they can give you- reason to understand- that every human has the same right of privilege to live free and without fear of hate from another.

---Thus--Black or White; you --yourself--lead the way to make the other person feel safe----or not.

---I will now step off my soap box.....

c-19 francesco

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Prove there's a god. (Mar '08) 5 min Stilgar Fifrawi 855,074
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Just Think 596,417
Drawing Animals In Pencil 17 min ahmadwael 1
Award Winning Cat Tree Plans 19 min ahmadwael 1
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 26 min Halle Berry Sister 2,639
The Christian Atheist debate 27 min Kaitlin the Wolf ... 1,022
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 41 min End Times 612,623
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr curtjester1 444,355
More from around the web